Suggestion 3 #GMMT

If players exist, you can't pass. It doesn't hurt a VHL team to have an inactive guy in the VHLM that a team technically owns the rights to. I know it was weird for me when I came back, looked in the drafts near where Hrdina would have been, and saw that I'd never been drafted. Sure, even had I been drafted, the rights would have expired by then anyway, but what if I'd come back a season earlier? What if other members who've created players come back sooner than their rights expire? They should have a team. Draft every eligible player all the way down to the inactives - if a GM has to leave the draft after the important picks, then a neutral 3rd party in the draft (and there's usually one, who kind of moderates) can assign them someone at random out of the inactives. Don't just run it until the end of the 3rd - if there are still 3 inactives left, stick them on teams anyway, whoever theoretically would have the first picks in the 4th.

11 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

You're like a rare example of a member who comes back after a long hiatus with @bgreene21 being another one. But the idea is decent, there is always a chance on pulling a steal.

There's always a chance, that's exactly it. If you draft an inactive who stays an inactive, nothing is lost. If you draft an inactive who becomes active, something is potentially gained. If there was any chance of a negative result I could see it being an issue, but no matter how small the chance is that someone comes back, there is no downside to this. There's never a scenario where someone drafts an inactive and the person becomes more inactive. They're already inactive. 0 downside.

Just now, diamond_ace said:

There's always a chance, that's exactly it. If you draft an inactive who stays an inactive, nothing is lost. If you draft an inactive who becomes active, something is potentially gained. If there was any chance of a negative result I could see it being an issue, but no matter how small the chance is that someone comes back, there is no downside to this. There's never a scenario where someone drafts an inactive and the person becomes more inactive. They're already inactive. 0 downside.

It's like of VHLM GM's being more materialistic and not draft a 30 TPE inactive to not put him in lines. Probably that.

Just now, hedgehog337 said:

It's like of VHLM GM's being more materialistic and not draft a 30 TPE inactive to not put him in lines. Probably that.

VHLM GMs are different. This suggestion is for VHL GMs. They wouldn't even be playing the guy, the only difference is that his name would show up under their prospects. They would only have the rights. If the player comes back, he can enter the VHLM through normal channels, but at least he would have a home in the VHL

Just now, diamond_ace said:

VHLM GMs are different. This suggestion is for VHL GMs. They wouldn't even be playing the guy, the only difference is that his name would show up under their prospects. They would only have the rights. If the player comes back, he can enter the VHLM through normal channels, but at least he would have a home in the VHL

Ah ok.

As far as I recall I always was getting some 30 TPE dudes via auto draft. Just drafting guys I need and then leaving up to commish, if there are some players left.

Just now, hedgehog337 said:

Ah ok.

As far as I recall I always was getting some 30 TPE dudes via auto draft. Just drafting guys I need and then leaving up to commish, if there are some players left.

This is exactly what I'm suggesting, just finish the auto draft through all the remaining players. If a GM wants to stick around and hand pick their inactives they can, otherwise it's just auto drafting every player that's available