Beketov's Suggestions

Beketov

• Commissioner

VHL Vegas

No, not Robbie's VHLM team but a betting facility to bet our contract money. Normally I'm against this kind of thing but with the player store being a tad boring it could add a bit of excitement. Basically every season "Vegas" would set odds on certain things. For example, 2:1 odds that Riga wins the Victory Cup. 4:1 odds that Thrower wins the Beketov, etc. You can bet on whatever you want and put up however much money you want. That money can't be used in the player store as it goes into the "Vegas bank" until the end of the season where it's either taken away if the house wins or payed back + the odds if you win. Could make contract money a lot more interesting.

VHL Streaming

It hasn't happened yet but I'm going to keep bringing it up. It would be cool to have a VHL Stream team / Twitch account to try and bring some people in. Streaming has become a huge form of content and it can be basically anything we want. Live sigs with @boubabi, CoD time with myself, The Witcher with @Phil, etc. I know it's not something everyone can do but it would still be cool to see. We already basically allow it as video / podcast content anyway so why not make it official?

VHL Mini-Games

I'm not 100% sure of this one would operate but I know a lot of us had fun when @Molholt was running VHL Wrestling so it would be cool to see more stuff like this. Stuff that will keep people interested and talking about a particular topic of interest for many. Let's be honest, some of us have been doing the VHL for awhile now and just discussing games where we expect to know the outcomes already is bound to get dull eventually. This would offer something to keep interest up in other aspects of the league and keep things fun which is what this is supposed to be. The VHL isn't meant to be a chore, why make it one? If we want to really integrate it then maybe have the "mini games" still count as league related for 590 and MS's and stuff. I don't see the harm.

Record Book Reset

I love the VHL history as much as anyone else. Hell, I'm a huge part of that VHL history (first draft pick ever bitches!) but I can understand how seeing Scotty at the top of every record book is getting old. There were definitely other things going on at the time that were interesting but it was fun in the first few seasons to see records get broken every once in awhile. In game records, on board records, team records. The whole nine yards. Every record book gets archived as "Pre-season 60" (or whatever season we do it) and we go fresh. You want to have the record for most goals in a season? Build your sniper and go get it. You want that TPE record, it's up for grabs. Sure it's not a huge thing but it's fun. I mean really who among us wasn't cheering for Jaarvi when he was on record pace a few seasons ago?

Cross-over playoffs

This is more of a "at minimum" suggestion than a full one because the playoff format could be entirely re-worked somewhat. But for now I think we bring cross-over back. We only had it for a few seasons and honestly I didn't have an issue with it. The conferences don't create any kind of rivalries or more games against division teams or anything so why have them control the playoffs? This season for example the Express have clinched a playoff spot with fewer points than the Americans who are eliminated from contention. How is that at all right? At the bare minimum if we are allowing 6 teams into the playoffs it should be the top 6 teams.

25 minutes ago, Beketov said:

VHL Mini-Games

We need members who are having a free time though. I think Molholt stopped VHLW with the lack of free time being one of the reasons.

28 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Record Book Reset

I'M ALL IN!

28 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Cross-over playoffs

I think this suggestion was brought up here earlier. Good idea, especially when the EU conference is sucking in terms of an excitement for +/- 10 seasons, with the last season being an exception.

• Commissioner
6 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

How would I go about streaming? I wouldn't mind plugging in some VHL player as a FIFA Be A Pro, then letting the community decide where he goes, whether I take loan or transfer moves, etc

Best quality from console is an external capture card like an Elgato which I have but not ideal for everyone obviously. The consoles themselves have streaming features built in.

Just now, Beketov said:

Best quality from console is an external capture card like an Elgato which I have but not ideal for everyone obviously. The consoles themselves have streaming features built in.

I'll have to look into the Elgato and the built in stuff in the console. I'm not the most tech savvy so I'm hoping it's pretty straightforward to hook it all up. Definitely something to consider :)

• Commissioner
5 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

I'll have to look into the Elgato and the built in stuff in the console. I'm not the most tech savvy so I'm hoping it's pretty straightforward to hook it all up. Definitely something to consider :)

Elgato hardware is pretty simple. Plug an HDMI in, plug an HDMI out, plug a USB in. There is some stuff that is more complex but that’s the basics.

Streaming from PC is even easier, just us OBS and Capture your screen.

6 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Elgato hardware is pretty simple. Plug an HDMI in, plug an HDMI out, plug a USB in. There is some stuff that is more complex but that’s the basics.

Streaming from PC is even easier, just us OBS and Capture your screen.

That's not bad at all then. I'll need to reconfigure some things, I'm out of HDMI slots on my TV, but I could make that work

• Commissioner
Just now, diamond_ace said:

That's not bad at all then. I'll need to reconfigure some things, I'm out of HDMI slots on my TV, but I could make that work

If you have an HDMI for your console you have one for the Elgato. It passes the HDMI through lag free while recording or streaming it in the background.