Kendrick's "I've been here for too long to give a shit" Suggestions

Kendrick

Just now, STZ said:

Let me say two things:

1. Magazine Editor has always been about putting the magazine together, as well as proof-reading. With that being said, there were only a few writers in the 150+ editions I did that actually needed corrections. I can safely say @Banackock and @ADV were always easy to edit.

2. Magazine Editor is an underappreciated job. 

Underappreciated sure, and I understand that. My initial suggestion was just to have a the grammatical side of things brushed up a bit. It's obvious the graphical side of things is top notch.

1 minute ago, boubabi said:

that won't happen though. But good try at bitchin, it nearly worked 

If Kendrick hadn't been the one who initially proposed the idea, would you really have had a problem with them putting in a grammar editor? It seems like anyone who comments in here outside of you two agrees with putting one in - consider them the neutral parties. Are you only opposed to it because it was Kendrick or would you be opposed just in general?

Just now, boubabi said:

hey kendrick, where are the VHLSC updates ? Isn't that your job ?

Or it should be called VHLSC whenever I want to do them ? Should we find another dude that can do them weekly ? 

No, actually I stepped down from that job at the beginning of the year. I even informed @Devise...so nice try.

2 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Underappreciated sure, and I understand that. My initial suggestion was just to have a the grammatical side of things brushed up a bit. It's obvious the graphical side of things is top notch.

For what it's worth I thought your suggestions 1-5 were all really good points.. Hopefully we can maybe switch focus back to that.. (1 and 2 more specifically)

3 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Additionally, I have already agreed to do it (in principle - compensation TBD).

Just now, diamond_ace said:

If Kendrick hadn't been the one who initially proposed the idea, would you really have had a problem with them putting in a grammar editor? It seems like anyone who comments in here outside of you two agrees with putting one in - consider them the neutral parties. Are you only opposed to it because it was Kendrick or would you be opposed just in general?

Opposed in general, there's no foundation to the complain. He just felt cornered and tried to save his ass with that bullshit ''editor'' definition thing

I never corrected people's article when I was editing the vhlm mag ( who had +100 editions) so he must be blind or stupid 

Just now, STZ said:

For what it's worth I thought your suggestions 1-5 were all really good points.. Hopefully we can maybe switch focus back to that.. (1 and 2 more specifically)

Yeah I was hoping the recruitment part of the site can be turned around.

Of course and I think thats a good start to through your name into the hat

there's no need to create a job that shouldn't exist. Kendrick is nitpicking just to find excuses to be a pain in the ass. If he's not happy with the grammar, I'm more than open for his critics in the actual mag thread, so the writers and myself could adjust themselves

Now, that's just finding an excuse 

6 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

No, actually I stepped down from that job at the beginning of the year. I even informed @Devise...so nice try.

of course, because you were lazy about it. Was I bitchin about it ? You just understood  it's more logical to post your weakass sigs instead of putting works into something like the vhlsc 

Just now, boubabi said:

of course, because you were lazy about it. Was I bitchin about it ? You just understood  it's more logicial to post your weakass sigs instead of putting works into something like the vhlsc 

Lazy about it? I put in articles every two weeks. It was actually a position i held for a long time. I think you're trying to reach here pretty far.

Haha weak ass sigs. Yes they are not great, because I'm not a graphic artist or anything. This are weak attempts. #HesTickled

there's no need to create a job that shouldn't exist. Kendrick is nitpicking just to find excuses to be a pain in the ass. If he's not happy with the grammar, I'm more than open for his critics in the actual mag thread, so the writers and myself could adjust themselves

Now, that's just finding an excuse 

It has existed in previous iterations of the mag. It wouldn't be a new thing. I understand you're not a grammar guy, but it's part of creating a professional looking product and it seems to be pretty much the consensus of anyone who has posted in here that it would be appreciated. You not wanting it doesn't hold weight over 4-5 people so far, especially when you've given no reason not to have it other than "no need" - there are plenty of people in here saying that there's a need.

Just now, Kendrick said:

Lazy about it? I put in articles every two weeks. It was actually a position i held for a long time. I think you're trying to reach here pretty far.

Haha weak ass sigs. Yes they are not great, because I'm not a graphic artist or anything. This are weak attempts. #HesTickled

It went over your head that my complain was a parody of yours ? Dear god, you killed the joke

Do you think everyone who does sigs and try to improve are artist ? I'm not an artist. You just do the same old recipe to get your 6 tpe and get away with it. I don't blame you doing so, it's just a shame to see 

2 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

but it's part of creating a professional looking product and it seems to be pretty much the consensus of anyone who has posted in here that it would be appreciated.

Our platform is an online forum, how can yo uexpect something like that should be professional looking ? If you want profesionnal, hire me with real money and now you'll get a profesionnal result. That's not the case. Grammar mistakes are made every day on this forum, and you can' texpect perfect grammar everytime, even from people that are fluent in english 

and i certainly do not think it should be up to boubabi to edit people's writings. As he said they're all adults and can, frankly, do it themselves. Don't they already get an extra tpe compared to the rest of us?

Just now, Tyler said:

one man's opinion but I really couldn't care less about the grammar side of things when it comes to the mag or any other article. As long as I get the point of the article I'm fine.

you get 6 brownie pts for that comment 

Just now, Tyler said:

and i certainly do not think it should be up to boubabi to edit people's writings. As he said they're all adults and can, frankly, do it themselves. Don't they already get an extra tpe compared to the rest of us?

another 6 for that 

Just now, boubabi said:

It went over your head that my complain was a parody of yours ? Dear god, you killed the joke

Do you think everyone who does sigs and try to improve are artist ? I'm not an artist. You just do the same old recipe to get your 6 tpe and get away with it. I don't blame you doing so, it's just a shame to see 

But mine wasn't a complaint. It was a suggestion that we may need an editor, given you are just the publisher. You have taken it into a bit of rage after that though.

No I don't, nor have they claimed they are. But it's obvious that everyone on this site that produces sigs that is not you, you feel will never get to your level. You have stated that to be a thing in the past.

Actually, I make sigs because I'm more of a writer and feel it's fun to do so. But it's good that you are out here trying to ruin peoples enjoyment of this site by shit talking their work just because you are upset. I'll leave it at that

Our platform is an online forum, how can yo uexpect something like that should be professional looking ? If you want profesionnal, hire me with real money and now you'll get a profesionnal result. That's not the case. Grammar mistakes are made every day on this forum, and you can' texpect perfect grammar everytime, even from people being fluent in english

What harm would it bring to the product to bring someone in? In what way would it negatively affect you? Do you have any real reason not to do it other than that you don't see the need?

1 minute ago, Tyler said:

Once again, I never said that was an issue. You are reading his "out of context" interpretation here. I just noticed the headers can be off.

Just now, Kendrick said:

But mine wasn't a complaint. It was a suggestion that we may need an editor, given you are just the publisher. You have taken it into a bit of rage after that though.

Not it's not, you blamed me for the grammar mistakes (that you've shown no exemples so far) by saying they should replace myself with another dude just because of that. Aim straight dude

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

No I don't, nor have they claimed they are. But it's obvious that everyone on this site that produces sigs that is not you, you feel will never get to your level.

I've worked and showed improvements over time by trying new things. You don't. So who's lazy ?