S58: Back Down to Eight

Will

6 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Yes it's all you! Congrats, pat on the back. Good work, top drawer!

Hey thanks! Couldn't have done it without productive members of the community like yourself!

Also, while I'm here on my brief stay, just figured I'd ask something I noticed while I had admin powers. You moan at @Bring Back Chat for bias when it comes to voting, yet there were significant instances of your players getting votes from yourself (many times the only vote) in Grimm Jonnson and All-Star votes when they reasonably had no right to be considered, care to elaborate? 

53 minutes ago, Tagger said:

Get told to stop posting about contraction in the BOG because I was "wasting my time" and I was "in the minority".

4 Months later, league contracts.

Image result for trying not to laugh gif

Anyways good job admin team, hopefully this can be the start towards getting this league back to its peak!

To be fair there has been a major shift jn overhaul at the top and how we are approaching the future. 

But the you got the ball rolling way back and we appreciate all you did as you know Lynch.  Gotta do overwatch soon.

2 hours ago, Tagger said:

Hey thanks! Couldn't have done it without productive members of the community like yourself!

Also, while I'm here on my brief stay, just figured I'd ask something I noticed while I had admin powers. You moan at @Bring Back Chat for bias when it comes to voting, yet there were significant instances of your players getting votes from yourself (many times the only vote) in Grimm Jonnson and All-Star votes when they reasonably had no right to be considered, care to elaborate? 

Grimm Jonnson is a subjective vote is it not? It factors in a lot of LR activity and on board leadership roles...like recruitment for instance. I'd say that's pretty accurate. Regarding All-Star games, there were only a handful of times my players weren't at least on the fence and if they sucked I didn't vote them in.

2 hours ago, ADV said:

To be fair there has been a major shift jn overhaul at the top and how we are approaching the future. 

But the you got the ball rolling way back and we appreciate all you did as you know Lynch.  Gotta do overwatch soon.

In truth, I had expected the changes in staff to hurt the chances of contraction (Will and Higgins had always been for it and I believe the new blue team were not in favour of it at the time), but it's good to see the decision that has been made. 

As for OW, might be weird given my current shift pattern (I'm working through the times we used to stream until Christmas), but you can send me a PM/PSN message whenever you're interested and I'll get back to you.

2 hours ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

@Tagger hope you come back soon man. 

Not right now

57 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Grimm Jonnson is a subjective vote is it not? It factors in a lot of LR activity and on board leadership roles...like recruitment for instance. I'd say that's pretty accurate. Regarding All-Star games, there were only a handful of times my players weren't at least on the fence and if they sucked I didn't vote them in.

I mean just because an award is subjective doesn't mean you can't vote in a biased manner, I mean voting King for it in S55 when you didn't even have anyone on the team to lead, really? But if you truly believed you deserved it, then more power to you I guess. 

And for your original post, it should be fairly obvious that the point I was making was not that I deserved any credit for the idea and was in fact a confirmation that your approach to the suggestion was complete garbage given that, now that we've done it, it clearly had merit to it that you simply were not prepared to listen to. In truth your actions then were a big reason as to why I'm not here as often now, why put in hours of effort to make the league better only to have someone tell you to stop talking about it without any constructive criticism whatsoever? 

1 minute ago, Tagger said:

I mean just because an award is subjective doesn't mean you can't vote in a biased manner, I mean voting King for it in S55 when you didn't even have anyone on the team to lead, really? But if you truly believed you deserved it, then more power to you I guess. 

And for your original post, it should be fairly obvious that the point I was making was not that I deserved any credit for the idea and was in fact a confirmation that your approach to the suggestion was complete garbage given that, now that we've done it, it clearly had merit to it that you simply were not prepared to listen to. In truth your actions then were a big reason as to why I'm not here as often now, why put in hours of effort to make the league better only to have someone tell you to stop talking about it without any constructive criticism whatsoever? 

You must have missed the second part of that where I also pointed out the league surrounding type things.

Not prepared to listen to it or just disagreed? I disagreed but given its happening now and i have no say in the matter I'm not entitled to an opinion on it in relation to influencing a decision so I have to live with it. I disagreed with your stance on it and in fact the constant talk of it was really silly as its all I saw on the board and got annoying. Simply stating your opinion once and discussing it was great. But it's almost as if every Media Spot you had was about it and it got sort of overkill.

I disagreed with your stance, doesn't mean your stance was incorrect or not being heard. You realize there is more than simply one person in the BOG right? 

5 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

You must have missed the second part of that where I also pointed out the league surrounding type things.

Not prepared to listen to it or just disagreed? I disagreed but given its happening now and i have no say in the matter I'm not entitled to an opinion on it in relation to influencing a decision so I have to live with it. I disagreed with your stance on it and in fact the constant talk of it was really silly as its all I saw on the board and got annoying. Simply stating your opinion once and discussing it was great. But it's almost as if every Media Spot you had was about it and it got sort of overkill.

I disagreed with your stance, doesn't mean your stance was incorrect or not being heard. You realize there is more than simply one person in the BOG right? 

I didn't miss it, I just ignored it because I didn't see how you honestly thought that single handedly (given that you couldn't do any actual leading given you had no-one on the team), made yourself a viable candidate for the award over the others. Given that you were the only one to vote for yourself, I'm probably not the only one to think that.

Telling someone to stop talking about it is directly telling someone that you aren't prepared to listen anymore. I do realise there's more than one person in the BOG, I didn't have a problem with any of them because unlike yourself, 1) They didn't tell me to stop talking about it and 2) When they disagreed, they brought reasons to the table as to why they disagreed. I have no problems with people disagreeing with me, I may not agree with their reasons for their disagreement but I can respect that they have their feelings as to why they believe it's not a good idea. You never brought a single reason to the table to not like the idea of contraction, your inputs in the discussion essentially boiled down to "no I don't like it" and "you're wasting your time talking about it", which isn't an opinion worthy of any value in a decision-making environment. I acknowledge that I did talk a lot about contraction, but no more than you've ever talked about recruitment, and no-ones going to ever tell you to stop talking about it because, like contraction, it was an important topic of discussion that would only benefit from more information being made clear and discussion being had on the matter. 

Just now, Tagger said:

I didn't miss it, I just ignored it because I didn't see how you honestly thought that single handedly (given that you couldn't do any actual leading given you had no-one on the team), made yourself a viable candidate for the award over the others. Given that you were the only one to vote for yourself, I'm probably not the only one to think that.

Telling someone to stop talking about it is directly telling someone that you aren't prepared to listen anymore. I do realise there's more than one person in the BOG, I didn't have a problem with any of them because unlike yourself, 1) They didn't tell me to stop talking about it and 2) When they disagreed, they brought reasons to the table as to why they disagreed. I have no problems with people disagreeing with me, I may not agree with their reasons for their disagreement but I can respect that they have their feelings as to why they believe it's not a good idea. You never brought a single reason to the table to not like the idea of contraction, your inputs in the discussion essentially boiled down to "no I don't like it" and "you're wasting your time talking about it", which isn't an opinion worthy of any value in a decision-making environment. I acknowledge that I did talk a lot about contraction, but no more than you've ever talked about recruitment, and no-ones going to ever tell you to stop talking about it because, like contraction, it was an important topic of discussion that would only benefit from more information being made clear and discussion being had on the matter. 

You chose to ignore the other half of the explanation of the award? Weird.

I'm prepared to read in the BOD, not prepared to be berated with Media Spots twice  week about the topic though. It just dragged on. Is what it is though. I disagreed, when did I tell you to stop talking about it though? I don't think I did. Just that I was in disagreement. I actually did bring reasons as to why but post what you want to support yourself.

Recruitment and contraction are two individual topics and both are weighted differently to me. Not sure thats the point you want. Anyways you have your opinion, I have mine. It's happening and I'm not the biggest fan but I move along with it. You got your "woah go me" moment in though. :)

Why is there an argument in every single thread? This was a good choice by the blues and should add some much needed rejuvenation into the league. 

Edited by Kyle

17 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

You chose to ignore the other half of the explanation of the award? Weird.

I'm prepared to read in the BOD, not prepared to be berated with Media Spots twice  week about the topic though. It just dragged on. Is what it is though. I disagreed, when did I tell you to stop talking about it though? I don't think I did. Just that I was in disagreement. I actually did bring reasons as to why but post what you want to support yourself.

Recruitment and contraction are two individual topics and both are weighted differently to me. Not sure thats the point you want. Anyways you have your opinion, I have mine. It's happening and I'm not the biggest fan but I move along with it. You got your "woah go me" moment in though. :)

Grimm Jonsson Trophy
Awarded the player deemed to be the top leader for his team

I don't see any mention of whatever the hell you were talking about so you must have been explaining a different award and then proceeded to vote for King anyways because "lol, votes are hidden"

The "twice a week" hyberbole" is funny, It was in the BOG that you made your comments about how I was wasting my time talking about it (and I don't see how one can berate someone with media spots that no one is forced to read) so clearly saying that you're prepared to read in the BOG is false, and no, you didn't bring any arguments. 

Edited by Tagger

2 hours ago, Tagger said:

Grimm Jonsson Trophy
Awarded the player deemed to be the top leader for his team

I don't see any mention of whatever the hell you were talking about so you must have been explaining a different award and then proceeded to vote for King anyways because "lol, votes are hidden"

The "twice a week" hyberbole" is funny, It was in the BOG that you made your comments about how I was wasting my time talking about it (and I don't see how one can berate someone with media spots that no one is forced to read) so clearly saying that you're prepared to read in the BOG is false, and no, you didn't bring any arguments. 

:lol:

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

Why is there an argument in every single thread? This was a good choice by the blues and should add some much needed rejuvenation into the league. 

Someone had to come back for their glory I think.

• Commissioner

Let’s get this back on track shall we?

Draft picks won’t be released until after but I see no reason that’s you guys can’t get to know the draft order. Just in case you want to do some mock drafts or what have you.

1. :nya:  NEW YORK AMERICANS:

2. :sea: SEATTLE BEARS:

3. :dav: HC DAVOS DYNAMO:

4. :tor: TORONTO LEGION: 

5.:que: QUEBEC CITY MEUTE: 

6.:cal: CALGARY WRANGLERS: 

7.:rig: RIGA REIGN: 

8.:hel: HELSINKI TITANS:

As we said in the OP, this was 100% randomized with every team having the exact same odds. Congrats to the Americans for picking up that first pick. Draft is going on right now.

16 minutes ago, FacePuncher said:

im back for like half a season and I already scared away enough people so that u gotta contract 2 full teams?

It's just the start. Stay active a bit longer for the rest :)

• Devise pinned this topic
  • Will unpinned this topic