S57 Off-Season Schedule

Devise

how can an off season take 2 weeks with 4 commish (5 if you add jardy).

I thought last off season was painful to wait (10 days ish) 

Now, it takes 2 weeks with more staff. You guys are aware that some teams haven't played for nearly a whole month, right ?

Edited by boubabi

21 minutes ago, boubabi said:

how can an off season take 2 weeks with 4 commish (5 if you add jardy).

I thought last off season was painful to wait (10 days ish) 

Now, it takes 2 weeks with more staff. You guys are aware that some teams haven't played for nearly a whole month, right ?

I'm not going to say the number of staff can't increase speeds. But this is a little unreasonable. We set up the contraction draft to be run on the forum so all people had to do was check in. It still took the GM's longer than one would have hoped. Same thing waiting on award ballots or trying to organize times I believe has been the issue for the VHLM draft. Yada yada something about adult lives and how everyone who holds jobs here also has gotten more and more busy with personal life it seems. 

But we gave ample notice that this would be a longer than usual off-season, and all things considered the season is still going to start next week, which makes this off-season total not that long. 

Off season needed to be quicker from the beginning. With a little bit more management, things would have went well in 1 week. The blue team and cie literally had the whole playoff to plan themselves. The blue team job is to run the off season smoothly, and it didn't happened

There's no excuse on why it took forever to make the loto. Last off season was your first off season, I get it, , but now, that excuse is gone and the off season killed the little momentum the dispersal draft created.

You (devise) and beketov were specifically hired to make those kind of jobs easier and not everything on draper's shoulder. However, Draper still lead the off season. That's not normal.

You weren't hired just for the power trip, make yourself useful and efficient.

Edited by boubabi

Higgins has the same amount of job as jardy, which is simming the whole fucking league. I expect as much contribution in the off season from Higgins than Jardy. What reminds is, Draper Beketov and Devise.

2 + weeks for a off season to happen is far from the wanted target

Day 1 of the off season started the second the last game of the playoffs was posted. Plus, you have the whole playoff to manage the "team" to know who is doing what. The vote in the bog should have started way sooner 

Edited by boubabi

4 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Off season needed to be quicker from the beginning. With a little bit more management, things would have went well in 1 week. The blue team and cie literally had the whole playoff to plan themselves. The blue team job is to run the off season smoothly, and it didn't happened

There's no excuse on why it took forever to make the loto. Last off season was your first off season, I get it, , but now, that excuse is gone and the off season killed the little momentum the dispersal draft created.

You (devise) and beketov were specifically hired to make those kind of jobs easier and not everything on draper's shoulder. However, Draper still lead the off season. That's not normal.

You weren't hired just for the power trip, make yourself useful and efficient.

You can attempt to trigger me all you want, I'm not going to bite, your a child, and I know better. I have been in constant communication with the Blue Team throughout this entire process, and I'm sure I can comfortably speak for @Will @Beketov in saying that we all welcomed the move to a longer off-season. We recognized we had bigger changes to make such as contraction, and decided that was the best course of action. Any of the other circumstances around delays, of which has been VHLM Draft and Awards have to do with how long it has taken our other members to engage in those processes. 

To your specific complaint about the BoG vote not being up sooner. It was last Sunday. I gave the BoG a full PT week to post, and in response we got 6 legitimate votes. 1 was all joke votes from Eagles who had seen the voting thread and publicly told us that he couldn't be bothered to vote legitimately if we don't allow him to phone it in. The other was from Beketov, who noticed the numbers weren't as high as they should be. Is a Full PT week not enough time, plus discussion of course, so the members who are seeing it should be paying attention, to allow members to get a vote in? I happen to disagree on that front. 

Stop holding the current staff to such a high standard then if you didn't hold Higgins to the same high standard. Never heard you speak up when Higgins took too damn slow on his tasks, forcing Draper to do the work; but as soon as the current staff does something you think is off, you speak up. Just saying that 2 weeks over the course of a Holiday season is a perfect amount. Good work Blue Team!

Voting should be opened as soon as the season end. The only vote that requires time is the playoff MVP.

And from what you just say, it seems like there's a huge lack of leadership in the BoG. Are you trying to justified the 2 weeks off season with the poor BoG group ? Maybe the blue team should interfere some time, but I guess it wasn't in your job application  

jesus christ, 2 weeks is okay because of the holiday season ? What a stupid mindset. 

Anyway, the damage is done and anyone could agree that this off season is way too long and someone is to blame. Guess what, it's not me. 

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

Stop holding the current staff to such a high standard then if you didn't hold Higgins to the same high standard. Never heard you speak up when Higgins took too damn slow on his tasks, forcing Draper to do the work; but as soon as the current staff does something you think is off, you speak up. Just saying that 2 weeks over the course of a Holiday season is a perfect amount. Good work Blue Team!

He must also forget all those seasons we got late starts because sometimes @JardyB10 would sometimes be late getting back out of his off-season time off. Or sim updates weren't doing on time. Or a litany of other things that caused off-seasons to be longer.

I find it interesting that he chooses to hand pick a single season when we had a 10 day off-season, a time in which we had different types of member engagement and involvement and overall levels of activity and even Will himself has been busier in this off-season than previous. Should we be faulting him because it took him a few extra days to do depreciation as well? :P Of course not. 

• Senior Admin

Given the circumstances I am fine with off-season being a few days extra. There was extra work with the changes made, and anytime an off-season lands at a time like this (week before Christmas) there is extra difficulties. I know for me the first few days of the off-season I had to write 3 finals in 3 days so I wasn't of much use during that time. And admittedly, we did probably leave a little too much of the final decision making about how we were going to do the contraction to the finals hours of the season. As I have said before, I personally like off-seasons as fast possible but in the past when I ran them very short, I got complaints from members and GM's that it was too fast. So really a middle ground between what boubabi would like to see and this one would be best.

Anyway it's not really worth arguing about, I'm sure next season will be back to normal standards.

2 minutes ago, Devise said:

He must also forget all those seasons we got late starts because sometimes @JardyB10 would sometimes be late getting back out of his off-season time off. Or sim updates weren't doing on time. Or a litany of other things that caused off-seasons to be longer.

I find it interesting that he chooses to hand pick a single season when we had a 10 day off-season, a time in which we had different types of member engagement and involvement and overall levels of activity and even Will himself has been busier in this off-season than previous. Should we be faulting him because it took him a few extra days to do depreciation as well? :P Of course not. 

He'll find an area to split hairs on the current staff for the rest of his time here, that's a certainty. Oh well I think the majority of the active/hardworking members on this site will appreciate an off-season that solidifies things and not leaves them in limbo like some of the past. His GM in Helsinki was one fo the Admin's and often times failed to do his responsibilities, but we never heard him harp on him. Some people just get angry for the sake of being angry. It's all good, we're moving forward positively.

I hope we take a 3 months off season during the summer

BECAUSE ITS THE SUMMER, AMIRITE. Anyway, I'm far from blaming Draper, as I think you did your part of what we expected from you (depreciation, announcements and such)

I guess other people were too busy to make a loto happen...for the whole playoffs  

• Senior Admin

And as far as the lotto, please see my explanation and future plans here. Not to throw anyone under the bus but Higgins has made it clear that he wanted to be the one to do the lottery and this season it was hard to get an answer out of him. I can understand why Devise/Beketov, being new to the blue team, might have been more reluctant to step on his toes until he answered definitively. 

3 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

I don't mind the longer off-season either...I needed to get Christmas shopping done.

of course it won't bother you or any other long time member

the negative effect are for the new members that want to see some action. see above with all the vhlm shit.

I guess the problem will only be acknowledge in 5 seasons or so, when it will be too late, like always