S57 Off-Season Schedule

Devise

2 minutes ago, Will said:

And as far as the lotto, please see my explanation and future plans here. Not to throw anyone under the bus but Higgins has made it clear that he wanted to be the one to do the lottery and this season it was hard to get an answer out of him. I can understand why Devise/Beketov, being new to the blue team, might have been more reluctant to step on his toes until he answered definitively. 

Absolutely, we both tagged Higgins several times regarding this, and once we all realized including yourself, that we would need to run it it ended up coming down to who got on with the time to do it in time. Which ended up being you. Going forward I know now not to count on him to handle Lottery, and to take care of it ourselves. 

I think people look at this "one member of the Blue Team" thing far too prominently. The Blue Team is a team, that word is very operative. While I happen to agree with @Will that we took too long in determining how we were going to execute contraction, a part of that is because the decision to contract came midway through the season, and even then we still had to verify that is what we all wanted to do. As someone who was against how we were handling contraction in the first place, I'm sure I played a big part in keeping that discussion going longer than we probably should have. But at the end of the day I'm a firm believer that we should make sure we know what we are doing before we did it, and I do think that had we rushed on contraction, it could of been orchestrated in a messier fashion. 

2 minutes ago, boubabi said:

of course it won't bother you or any other long time member

the negative effect are for the new members that want to see some action. see above with all the vhlm shit.

I guess the problem will only be acknowledge in 5 seasons or so, when it will be too late, like always 

I do understand it from a new member and VHLM perspective. I totally get it. I was just stating my own opinion.

• Senior Admin

And all that being said, this thread is to give people information about the off-season and bogging it down with pointless arguments is not helpful. Everyone should be looking at awards right now, not...whatever this is. The off-season is virtually over, right now we're getting the sim set up for S58 and updates loaded so I think we're definitely on track to start the season Tuesday. :) 

1 hour ago, RadulovsFirstBeer said:

Vhlm draft???? It’s really kinda discouraging.

I'm running the draft and I had Christmas parties out of town all weekend/week the VHLM draft is being held tommarrow.

sorry for the late draft but as it's the Christmas season a lot of us are quite busy.

• Senior Admin
3 hours ago, Will said:

Yes

@Beaviss @der meister I should Yes *contingent upon me getting at least a couple more sets of lines from GM's. 

Currently only have half the league so I'd like to get at least 6 by tonight before I sim. If not, tonight will be last call and I will do first sim tomorrow morning/early afternoon. So yell at GMs!!!

1 hour ago, Will said:

@Beaviss @der meister I should Yes *contingent upon me getting at least a couple more sets of lines from GM's. 

Currently only have half the league so I'd like to get at least 6 by tonight before I sim. If not, tonight will be last call and I will do first sim tomorrow morning/early afternoon. So yell at GMs!!!

Which GMs? Time to get the pitchforks sharpened!

Simpsons-angry-mob-pitchfork-torches.jpg

Edited by Quik

• Will unpinned this topic