S57 Brett Slobodzian Trophy Voting

Devise

Awarded to the player deemed the most outstanding player as voted by the league's players  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, diamond_ace said:

123 points. 224 hits. 81 sb. Best all around player for me is Fujimoto

Gotta disagree with you here. I sort of get the sentiment, but it's not like Krigars or Locke had "bad" seasons on the defensive side. And considering the huge point difference, especially for Krigars. For me it's hard to argue with anyone pushing close to 150 points, that is the definition of outstanding. 

I feel like my second vote may of been Jones just because 100 points as a rookie defender is also a "Conner Low" level of statement. Regardless of how any of these attributes were gained of course, you'd only compare that between them. Which is ultimately why Krigars to me, he led in the most important stats (goals and points) and was strong in pretty much every other statistical category to boot. 

17 minutes ago, Devise said:

Gotta disagree with you here. I sort of get the sentiment, but it's not like Krigars or Locke had "bad" seasons on the defensive side. And considering the huge point difference, especially for Krigars. For me it's hard to argue with anyone pushing close to 150 points, that is the definition of outstanding. 

I feel like my second vote may of been Jones just because 100 points as a rookie defender is also a "Conner Low" level of statement. Regardless of how any of these attributes were gained of course, you'd only compare that between them. Which is ultimately why Krigars to me, he led in the most important stats (goals and points) and was strong in pretty much every other statistical category to boot. 

That's why we each have a vote. I value what I value, you value what you value.

6 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

Skye should win for sure carried the team on their shoulders and got us to the finals aswell as put stellar numbers up all year 

I guess one of us has to be this guy. But this is a regular season award, so how you guys did in the playoffs is irrelevant. Also, while I agree that Skye carried Quebec on his shoulders all season, I feel like that is why he was a notable candidate in the MVP ballot. Obviously people are still free to vote how they wish. Only clarifying that traditionally how much "carrying" a player did for their team doesn't have much weight or merit as it relates the Slobo, because we have another award entirely dedicated to that subject, the Campbell. 

Carry on., :P 

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

You think he is shafted? I didn't even make it

Was going to add another goalie, but let's also be real. Weak year for netminders as a "pure stat" analysis. Feels like ages since we had the high .945's and the record setting goals against averages but it was only several seasons ago. If the forwards/defenders weren't so stellar this season I'm sure King would of been on the ballot. But with the increase in scoring obviously comes the decrease in goalie stats. I feel you though.