Riggs interviews

Riggsy

Prospect Pursuit was fortunate enough to be able to get a one-on-one interview with the Vasteras forward prospect.

Prospect Pursuit: Growing up, who was your idol who you tried to model your game after the most?

Luke Riggs: When I was growing up, my favourite player was Carter O'Callahan from the SHL.

PP: What player in the NHL, currently, do you compare yourself to (if not the same as above)?

LR:  I more now compare myself to a Milan Lucic type of player. Power forward grinder, who isnt afraid to go to the dirty areas to score.

PP: Did you have a favorite team growing up?

LR: My favourite team had to be the Vasteras because it was just destiny playing from them.

PP: How do you describe yourself as a player in a few short sentences?

LR: A power forward banger, who isn't afraid to mix it up, but can still produce offense. 

PP: What are your strengths and weaknesses?

LR: My strengths would be my physicality on the ice, along with the way I use my body to protect the puck. My weakness would have to be my skating. The next level is so fast, i need to improve that.

PP: When did you realize that playing in the VHL was no longer a fantasy, but more a reality?

LR: I would say once i got drafted, and was called up to the stage to greet Thomas Corcoran, I was shocked. Also my first camp, I was with him, and all the known vhlers, it was a great experience.