This off-season

TheLastOlympian07

This off-season has been to say the least boring as fuck. Usually that is when thing pick up in the VHL but this season with the contraction and Dispersal Draft happening but now it just seems everything is being dragged out longer than it needed to be. As someone with two players in the draft, I honestly could care less where I go now because i just want it to be done. There is also the fact I am basically going to lose a lot of TPE with one of my players leaving the league for good as Player 2 has been removed. Overall, I am not a big fan of these slow changes in the VHL right now. Hopefully things pick up soon because this is just sad. I hope the VHL turns it around because I am very bored of the league right now, I thought focusing on two leagues would be good for me right now but I find myself caring less and less about the VHL lately. Maybe I just have the winter blues but whatever

The contraction draft probably should of been live or GM's should of had a specified amount of time to make their picks. I brought this up before the draft but nothing was done. Also the commishes warned before the off-season that it may be longer then usual. 

For what it's worth I wasn't in favor of contraction. If we were going to do contraction I argued that for the "fun" of the league we should just do a player wide reset, but with the player pool we have now. Couple that with the possibility for some more extreme changes like relocation etc.

But ultimately the debates were had and the decision was made. I earnestly didn't expect the amount of blow back we got on Project Two, contraction I did, it was always going to be messy hence why I thought if it was going to be messy anyway, may as well go the drastic route and do bigger changes. None the less the Project Two playback seems strange to me. Like I get it, users won't get more their 2nd players carryover but to say that somehow makes updating that player useless? How? Wasn't the whole point to develop a player to play in the league. So playing with that player is the game. Isn't it? It was very clear that Project Two was creating a situation of forced burnout on users. I'm not saying we can't tweak the numbers for carryover or try to do make ups on project two, but with the members/player numbers being what they are contraction simply had to happen. 

2 minutes ago, Devise said:

For what it's worth I wasn't in favor of contraction. If we were going to do contraction I argued that for the "fun" of the league we should just do a player wide reset, but with the player pool we have now. Couple that with the possibility for some more extreme changes like relocation etc.

But ultimately the debates were had and the decision was made. I earnestly didn't expect the amount of blow back we got on Project Two, contraction I did, it was always going to be messy hence why I thought if it was going to be messy anyway, may as well go the drastic route and do bigger changes. None the less the Project Two playback seems strange to me. Like I get it, users won't get more their 2nd players carryover but to say that somehow makes updating that player useless? How? Wasn't the whole point to develop a player to play in the league. So playing with that player is the game. Isn't it? It was very clear that Project Two was creating a situation of forced burnout on users. I'm not saying we can't tweak the numbers for carryover or try to do make ups on project two, but with the members/player numbers being what they are contraction simply had to happen. 

I would have supported the drastic moves. Killing project player two was stupid. Drafts will be 4-6 players max now.

37 minutes ago, Bushito said:

I would have supported the drastic moves. Killing project player two was stupid. Drafts will be 4-6 players max now.

Project two's elimination will impact the draft for a little while but after the changes take then we will see a rebound of old members most likely.

We should have a user base wide email sent out highlighting the new changes.

2 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

Project two's elimination will impact the draft for a little while but after the changes take then we will see a rebound of old members most likely.

We should have a user base wide email sent out highlighting the new changes.

We we will see in the long run but I don't think old members are going to be flocking back because the 2 player is gone. I got one of those messages a while back and I rejoined because of 2 player.

13 minutes ago, Bushito said:

We we will see in the long run but I don't think old members are going to be flocking back because the 2 player is gone. I got one of those messages a while back and I rejoined because of 2 player.

Too each there own 

1 hour ago, Devise said:

restarting with new player pools would actually be an interesting one tbh