S57 VHL Awards

Devise

And if the BOG trusted eaglesfans as a voter, its their problem. A vote is a vote.

The number of garbage vote people have done over the year, its over a trillion. We wont void everyone of them as a result of an impartial jugement 

35 minutes ago, boubabi said:

The number of garbage vote people have done over the year, its over a trillion. We wont void everyone of them as a result of an impartial jugement 

Pretty much this. @STZ I get that they are basically joke votes, but in the interest of transparency and that we haven't ever voided a vote before, I decided against it. His vote for himself ended mattering, however biased or not he was a legitimate candidate due to the rushed nature of how he jumped into the role, and how much of a turnaround the Wranglers had. Ultimately that team was featured in discussion. 

In regards to whether or not it's up to the BoG to do things about the vote. Members will be removed based on this vote and members will be added to make up for it. That process has already gotten underway. Since we aren't voiding any votes, this is all we can really do. And hope our BoG intends to be honest with us when they tell us they have no problems voting with integrity. 

Just now, Devise said:

Pretty much this. @STZ I get that they are basically joke votes, but in the interest of transparency and that we haven't ever voided a vote before, I decided against it. His vote for himself ended mattering, however biased or not he was a legitimate candidate due to the rushed nature of how he jumped into the role, and how much of a turnaround the Wranglers had. Ultimately that team was featured in discussion. 

In regards to whether or not it's up to the BoG to do things about the vote. Members will be removed based on this vote and members will be added to make up for it. That process has already gotten underway. Since we aren't voiding any votes, this is all we can really do. And hope our BoG intends to be honest with us when they tell us they have no problems voting with integrity. 

I get it.. but he voted for an NFL player... lol.

2 minutes ago, STZ said:

I get it.. but he voted for an NFL player... lol.

Believe it or not up until that point when I was tallying I had just assumed that he was going biased and voting only Calgary. Then I saw Deshawn and that maybe he was some low TPE rookie. Since I know nothing about the NFL I then moved to VHLM teams before realizing he just typed in some name that is likely another player. Although it's the Boubabi vote for Top Two Way that really baffles me. If he was pro Helsinki why couldn't he just choose the obvious Axelsson candidate? I find it interesting to that he went all pro Calgary, yet that ended up in a situation where he voted Jacob several times, who is Higgins, who is associated with Helsinki, and all of his member votes that were jokes were Helsinki members. #S58AwardConspiracy 

13 minutes ago, Devise said:

he was a legitimate candidate due to the rushed nature of how he jumped into the role, and how much of a turnaround the Wranglers had. Ultimately that team was featured in discussion. 

So basically three members just voted for him as a thank you for the steping into the role even if he hadn't much time?

That's all fine, but a TOP GM? And how about a "turnaround", Calgary still finished behind of all contender teams besides Seattle. The only difference is this team was closer to the top than in S56.

Gross.. embarrassing. How else to define a situation like this? What a poor result when other members come and see this process - one big joke and mockery. No wonder people over in the SHL up and leave.

No knocks to blue members but really? An NFL player? Also, I'm a TOR top GM voter - don't see how Gow got it. 

4 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Gross.. embarrassing. How else to define a situation like this? What a poor result when other members come and see this process - one big joke and mockery. No wonder people over in the SHL up and leave.

No knocks to blue members but really? An NFL player? Also, I'm a TOR top GM voter - don't see how Gow got it. 

It's not a huge issue or concern, but a lot of these small "jokes" could indeed be a factor as to why the site is becoming what it is and why no one wants to join or stay in the VHL. 

Disappointing. But oh well. Look at that. It's Monday! Happy Monday! 

6 hours ago, Gooningitup said:

Pretty deflating to have 101 points 70 shots blocked 180 hits and a top 10 faceoff percentage as a rookie, and not even a single vote. 

Maybe i should just retire? Am i hated that much?

Don´t worry about it, these awards and voting behind them is a mystery sometimes

2 hours ago, Banackock said:

It's not a huge issue or concern, but a lot of these small "jokes" could indeed be a factor as to why the site is becoming what it is and why no one wants to join or stay in the VHL. 

Disappointing. But oh well. Look at that. It's Monday! Happy Monday! 

Makes the whole voting process look bad when someone can just pee on top of other votes with a ´fun´ vote like that.

Even worse that Devise mentioned few posts earlier that something like this is not exactly new, terrible advertisement for the league.  If you want to look for ways to bring people in and especially help keeping people in, having something to aim for as a player is huge - individual awards perhaps the biggest motivator. Not everybody can win a cup every year, next in line are these awards.

5 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

The top GM award is a joke tbh. 

A team stays in the third place in NA just like last season = award.

fuck outta here

Should have been yours, just like last year it should have been Franks.

48 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Should have been yours, just like last year it should have been Franks.

There is a difference between me winning an award last season and Eagles winning this season. 

My team went from a bottom feeder to a Victory cup winner. Calgary never was a bottom team since S54. 

You guys make a bigger deal of the deshaun watson vote. The second  the voter cant explain his vote properly with logic and arguments, its a garbage voter. Trust me, eaglesfan would be one of many garbage voter in the history of the BoG

Edited by boubabi

1 hour ago, hedgehog337 said:

There is a difference between me winning an award last season and Eagles winning this season. 

My team went from a bottom feeder to a Victory cup winner. Calgary never was a bottom team since S54. 

I agree, you should have won it this year. Made the journey from bottom to all the way to cup victory, similar to what Frank and Quebec did last year. Instead of giving it to Frank last year, you got it and now this year instead of giving it to you, someone else got it.

Not a good look when a GM who makes that change with his/her team from bottom to cup victory, but wont get a GM of the year award for it when the final piece of the puzzle is added in - the cup win.

The time to hand out the award to someone is when the whole process is complete, not when a team is showing signs of going to right direction.  But what if a team makes a nice push for it, last season they were last and now this year in the playoffs, surely that is worthy of GM of the year award? No, it´s not - nice start and going to the right direction, but almost automatically a GM of the year award, in a league that has barely two lines in each team? Please

If Riga wins the cup again next year, Hedgehog should win the GM of the year ,( just like he should have won it this year), he kept the roster together or maybe lost some players, but still took Riga to cup win.  Either way, that is worthy of GM of the year award, not simply walking towards the right direction and maybe getting into playoffs after missing few times.

Edited by jRuutu

4 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

Why even make eagles' votes public? Just veto them. It looks stupid on here to show his votes in the official voting. You're showcasing his joke voting to all members. I'm not sure how there's any benefit from that.

Also, thanks to those who voted for me for Top GM.

Yeah I'm pissed that my TOP GM vote didn't mean anything after that joke of a vote from Austin.

• Will unpinned this topic