Claimed: Rise Up [1/2]

STZ

12 hours ago, boubabi said:

Not huge on the font as I don't think it creates enough contrast to stand apart, and it doesn't blend enough to be complimentary to the render. Light and efx are looking good  

I appreciate the advise, can you elaborate a bit on the text? Isn’t standing out and blending in two different things?

14 hours ago, STZ said:

I appreciate the advise, can you elaborate a bit on the text? Isn’t standing out and blending in two different things?

Well, text, like any other thing in a sig montage, needs to have a purpose. The way I look at thi,s the text could either stand appart of the main render/focale point, and stand out from the rest to create a contrast between the render and the font. It makes the font easily readable (if that's the goal) and it balances everything else. However, if you want the text to be part of the sig as a whole, and be complementary to the render/focal point, you need to make another style of font to get along the render. Like any other effect, the font would compliment the whole thing and the art style. 

Your font is none of those, as the font doesn't stand out enough to make a contrast between the render and the text, nor is complimentary to the render, as it interfere with the art style you went with.

It happen most of the time when the font was placed at the end of the process (the sig), which I don't know if it was your case or not,  but that's what I meant when I said it felt out of place. 

17 hours ago, boubabi said:

Well, text, like any other thing in a sig montage, needs to have a purpose. The way I look at thi,s the text could either stand appart of the main render/focale point, and stand out from the rest to create a contrast between the render and the font. It makes the font easily readable (if that's the goal) and it balances everything else. However, if you want the text to be part of the sig as a whole, and be complementary to the render/focal point, you need to make another style of font to get along the render. Like any other effect, the font would compliment the whole thing and the art style. 

Your font is none of those, as the font doesn't stand out enough to make a contrast between the render and the text, nor is complimentary to the render, as it interfere with the art style you went with.

It happen most of the time when the font was placed at the end of the process (the sig), which I don't know if it was your case or not,  but that's what I meant when I said it felt out of place. 

It wasn't added at the end, you can see the burn and dodge effects affect both text and the rest of the sig together. Anyways, appreciate the help

• 1 month later...

tHKpyYq.png

Pure hot sauce, I really like the look of this sig. The effects and grunge work are quality. I like the use of blurring and I think it helps make stammers face pop. As for the font, I like the colouring and where its positioned but I think a white layer around the font would have looks better and made it pop a little more.