NHL Trades Discussion

Beaviss

I’m a huge fan of trades and look forward to the deadline every year. Me and my friends get up at 5am and get drunk and watch the trades happen every year. 

Thought id start a thread regarding trades I’ll occasionally post one and people can give there thoughts on the trade who won etc.

Going to start it off with this trade.

Arizona Coyotes 

Anthony Duclair 

Adam Clendening

For 

Chicago Blackhawks

Richard Panik

Laurent Dauphin

who won?

34 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

Going to start it off with this trade.

Arizona Coyotes 

Anthony Duclair 

Adam Clendening

For 

Chicago Blackhawks

Richard Panik

Laurent Dauphin

who won?

I get there have been personality issues with Duclair..... but this seems like such a bad trade for arizona.  And I love me some Panik.  Its not even like they shed cap.   This is the kind of move you make when you'e there.  not when youre in last place.

19 minutes ago, Spade18 said:

I get there have been personality issues with Duclair..... but this seems like such a bad trade for arizona.  And I love me some Panik.  Its not even like they shed cap.   This is the kind of move you make when you'e there.  not when youre in last place.

Yeah I thought it was fake news at first stupid in every sense for the yotes 

Edited by Beaviss

29 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

Yeah I thought it was fake news at first stupid in every sense for the yotes 

Duclair didnt want to be there, apparently hes been a pain in the LR. Since his demands(i not sure where personality issues that Spade came from he hasnt till Arizona had issues mentioned). Id imagine Duclair makes this lopsided, but i think Arizona realizes its better to get a decent player than cause issues in a young lr 

yea i was just going to say lol ad Dauphin being traded back to Arizona. Duclair has the talent but it doesnt seem like he has the drive to be good. seems lazy maybe? hopefully being with Toews or Kane kick him into gear. Its a low risk high reward move for the blackhawks, either Duclair figures it out and is good or they get some valuable cap room from moving Panik 

from memory (aka when panik played for the leafs and the lightning), he sucked

but maybe playing with patrick kane transformed him, who knows 

Edited by boubabi

12 minutes ago, boubabi said:

from memory (aka when panik played for the leafs and the lightning), he sucked

but maybe playing with patrick kane transformed him, who knows 

he was ok, but probably playing with Kane helps or maybe he realized he isn't that guy and just does his job now. but 22 goals and 44 points last season shows he has some skill anyway. wonder how he will perform in Arizona with no Kane 

I like the deal for the Hawks, they add some youth, Duclair has the potential to be a top 6 winger, with his skill maybe a top 9 on the low side. 

Also the Canucks should be active once again this deadline and maybe before it. Gudbranson IMO needs to be moved, the return is going to be nothing close to what they payed but you lose some, you win some I guess. It seems Vanek will also be moved although I personally have loved his play and has been a great mentor/linemate to Boeser. 

15 minutes ago, Kesler said:

I like the deal for the Hawks, they add some youth, Duclair has the potential to be a top 6 winger, with his skill maybe a top 9 on the low side. 

Also the Canucks should be active once again this deadline and maybe before it. Gudbranson IMO needs to be moved, the return is going to be nothing close to what they payed but you lose some, you win some I guess. It seems Vanek will also be moved although I personally have loved his play and has been a great mentor/linemate to Boeser. 

All they payed was McCann and a 5th rounder iirc. That's not a lot

29 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

All they payed was McCann and a 5th rounder iirc. That's not a lot

Gudranson + a 5th for Mccann + a 2nd  (was 33rd oa) + a 4th. Lets say the 4th/5th cancel out. The Canucks are only gonna get a 2nd back so pretty much the Canucks gave up a former first round pick for an experiment (I'll add a short experiment with all Gudbranson's injuries.) Definitely a loss imo, today I'd say Biega is just as good a defensemen as Gudbranson and makes 1/5th the money and they didn't give some quality assets to acquire him. 

This trade and the Brandon Sutter deal make it apparent Benning isn't so good at trading for players over the age where there considered "prospects" and that he's a considerably better scout. I wouldn't mind seeing him back as head scout or a scout and bring in another GM that has a better track record with trades.

1 minute ago, BluObieZ said:

Okay so it's been long enough. Who won the Duchene deal? Some may argue Nashville but I'm gonna say Colorado

Yeah I think its close between Colorado and Nashville, the way I look at it though is that Colorado has been real good but won't make the playoffs. They got some nice pieces for the future sure, but look at Nashville. They have one of the best 1-2 punches down the middle and have some really nice depth that could take them to the cup finals again and with all the core pieces there locked up they will be competing for quite a few seasons. 

• 1 month later...

THIS HAS, BY FAR, BEEN THE MOST THRILLING AND EXCITING TRADE DEADLINE IN HISTORY.

NEVER BEFORE HAVE I FELT TENSION QUITE LIKE THIS YEARS MAD SCRAMBLE TO SOLIDIFY ROSTERS FOR THE PLAYOFFS.

HUGE NAMES LIKE GRABNER AND BRASSARD BEING SWAPPED IN DEADLINE BLOCK BUSTERS.

THIS IS THE TIME OF YEAR I LIVE FOR.

man the Sens got a pretty good return for Brassard. Ian Cole serviceable and filpable piece if they wish 4/5/6 defenseman. Potential goalie of the future in Gustavsson and probably 28th-31st overall. not bad.

Grabner too going for Igor Rykov potential 3/4 defenseman imo plus a 2nd round pick? good job NYR you didn't blow that one

20 minutes ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

man the Sens got a pretty good return for Brassard. Ian Cole serviceable and filpable piece if they wish 4/5/6 defenseman. Potential goalie of the future in Gustavsson and probably 28th-31st overall. not bad.

Grabner too going for Igor Rykov potential 3/4 defenseman imo plus a 2nd round pick? good job NYR you didn't blow that one

Ian Cole is a pylon. The 1st is nice but it's somewhat of an even trade right now

Rykov actually has slim chances of coming over to NA but that could change. Grabner was a rental that we needed

21 minutes ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

It's a meh return and seeing as they weren't in any hurry to trade him (one and a half years left) it seems really weird to me. also it signals to Karlson the way the wind is blowing. There's no doubt they lose him too. And since they're asking teams to take bobby ryan as well the return will be pretty meh. Sens are run worse then the Habs and Oilers which is saying a lot.