NHL Trades Discussion

Beaviss

1 hour ago, Kendrick said:

Ian Cole is a pylon. The 1st is nice but it's somewhat of an even trade right now

Rykov actually has slim chances of coming over to NA but that could change. Grabner was a rental that we needed

Agreed about rykov, If he actually comes over the deal looks better for the rags.  But even still, I read it and wasn't upset.

Also, ARE YOU A DEVILS FAN TOO!?!?!?!?

3 hours ago, Spade18 said:

Agreed about rykov, If he actually comes over the deal looks better for the rags.  But even still, I read it and wasn't upset.

Also, ARE YOU A DEVILS FAN TOO!?!?!?!?

Yes sir!

3 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

Love the Grabner to Devils trade. That lineup has a ton of speed now. I really like their team this season, but really, what's not to love?

He's a great addition without being a make or break for the future, what more could you ask for?

I wonder if Vanek goes anywhere by Monday. There's no reason not to let a team rent him at this point. 

He's already said that if the Sedins re-sign in Vancouver for cheap, then he wants to do the same. 

So giving him up for a pick is an easy deal. Even if Vanek doesn't go back to Vancouver, they need to make room for the future anyways. 

19 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

I wonder if Vanek goes anywhere by Monday. There's no reason not to let a team rent him at this point. 

He's already said that if the Sedins re-sign in Vancouver for cheap, then he wants to do the same. 

So giving him up for a pick is an easy deal. Even if Vanek doesn't go back to Vancouver, they need to make room for the future anyways. 

Sedins are worth about 3.5-4 Million a season, if its anything higher its not worth the spot in that lineup.

3 hours ago, Kendrick said:

Sedins are worth about 3.5-4 Million a season, if its anything higher its not worth the spot in that lineup.

I feel like they'd be okay with $3M or less. I mean, they're still more or less the most consistent Canucks in the lineup this season. But I agree with you, if it's over $4M then they can retire, but I feel like they won't do that. If they want to play another year, it won't be about the money, and they've already said that. They've said it's Vancouver or nothing. A couple of seasons ago they said they want to play for MODO then retire, but now they've even scapped that idea. Vancouver is their home now and their kids have grown up here, so I guess we'll see what happens in the off-season.

I mean, if the Sedins go, there's a couple of more roster spots, and Vanek won't come back either without them so that's 3. Pettersson, Gaudette, and whoever shines in training camp would probably take those spots, but at this point there's no way of telling. I wouldn't mind them staying, and if they go then we're going to be even further at the bottom, so I wouldn't mind that either.

23 minutes ago, STZ said:

I’m buying a Plekanec turtleneck.

RIP Goatee

The laughing stock of the team if you've heard the sound bites from players. Turtlenecks were so 90's

Also, not sure I love getting Patrick Maroon because h has hands of stone and is slow as fuck

4 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

The laughing stock of the team if you've heard the sound bites from players. Turtlenecks were so 90's

Also, not sure I love getting Patrick Maroon because h has hands of stone and is slow as fuck

15 and 27 goals last two years another 40 point ish season. Gave up a 3rd lol sure hes not an amazing player but he can play and costs u nothing major and can even walk 

55 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

It seems like a strange fit.... We're already flooded with left wingers and need help on the right side if anything.

Plus slow?

Thought he is a guy I'm always cheering for, so maybe it was a locker room move.

52 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

15 and 27 goals last two years another 40 point ish season. Gave up a 3rd lol sure hes not an amazing player but he can play and costs u nothing major and can even walk 

He's slow...on a team with tons of speed though. It's not the best fit

3 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

He's slow...on a team with tons of speed though. It's not the best fit

Seems to have played just fine on Mcdavids wing, the guys got enough intellegence and hands to get in the right spot an bury it. Hes better than some of the options u guys have playing 3rd/4th line. Hes not a game changer but he plays smart enough to make up for his lack of speed 

2 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

Seems to have played just fine on Mcdavids wing, the guys got enough intellegence and hands to get in the right spot an bury it. Hes better than some of the options u guys have playing 3rd/4th line. Hes not a game changer but he plays smart enough to make up for his lack of speed 

Better than who? Have you watched Devils games? Our 3rd and 4th lines are actually gelling pretty well and have a load of speed. It think you just said that to say it, but our 3rd and 4th lines are actually solid. I just dont think he fits well with our team makeup.

Smart doesnt make him completely untouched when it comes to other play. Jagr plays smart too, but sadly he was too slow to play with JG13

8 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Better than who? Have you watched Devils games? Our 3rd and 4th lines are actually gelling pretty well and have a load of speed. It think you just said that to say it, but our 3rd and 4th lines are actually solid. I just dont think he fits well with our team makeup.

Smart doesnt make him completely untouched when it comes to other play. Jagr plays smart too, but sadly he was too slow to play with JG13

Coleman, Noesen, Hayes, Stafford. Similar skating speed as Brian Boyle whose been pretty damn good for you guys this year lol

Edited by Gooningitup

4 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

Coleman, Noesen, Hayes, Stafford. Similar skating speed as Brian Boyle whose been pretty damn good for you guys this year lol

Exactly. And all those guys are performing really well for us right now.

Also we don't have McDavid and Maroon had his career best in goals last year with McDavid, well he won't have that set-up forward here. So I see him as a piece that may slot in on the 3rd or fourth line or hell even a healthy scratch. Not to mention he is a clear rental as he has said he wants to return to Edmonton.

Also, Brian Boyle is a center. Maroon is a winger on a side we dont need help on

Edited by Kendrick

Just now, Kendrick said:

Exactly. And all those guys are performing really well for us right now.

Also we don't have McDavid and Maroon had his career best in goals last year with McDavid, well he won't have that set-up forward here. So I see him as a piece that may slot in on the 3rd or fourth line or hell even a healthy scratch. Not to mention he is a clear rental as he has said he wants to return to Edmonton.

And a 3rd does what? I woulda taken him in Washington for that easy. The chances of producing an NHL player arent fantastic. Meanwhile he has similar points as rick nash who landed a first and a boat load more. I think it was a solid pick up, maybe im wrong but for the cost of a big maybe? Who cares if he puts up 10points can be a good net pressence for the team then its a win. If it was a first id call it totally dumb, even a second might be a stretch but a 3rd for a 40 point scoring rental on a cheap deal that can help out. Coulda been worse

6 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

And a 3rd does what? I woulda taken him in Washington for that easy. The chances of producing an NHL player arent fantastic. Meanwhile he has similar points as rick nash who landed a first and a boat load more. I think it was a solid pick up, maybe im wrong but for the cost of a big maybe? Who cares if he puts up 10points can be a good net pressence for the team then its a win. If it was a first id call it totally dumb, even a second might be a stretch but a 3rd for a 40 point scoring rental on a cheap deal that can help out. Coulda been worse

Its not if the 3rd does anything or not, it's whether the need for a guy like Maroon is worth it. The need in this case wasn't worth giving anything up. You are forgetting that he is a 40 point scoring rental who played with McDavid. NJ doesn't have McDavid...at least last time I checked.