POLL: Do we need special PT's?

hedgehog337

so?  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

And by special PT's I mean rookie profile and biography. I believe it's @KGR who suggested to get rid of these features and replace them for some random PT's 1-2 times per month. Last time, I was against it - I was interested to keep them WITH these random PT's to have more TPE chances. As always, one pro and one weakness:

PRO - 18 TPE for bio+RP isn't a bad number.

CON - too boring, nobody reads and reviews them. and total of 1500 words may be too tough and frustrating.

So is it worth to keep them? I see league veterans are still doing these things, not sure about rookies though. However, the lack of buzz is frustrating, although I think these special PT's never were popular among members. Heck, even more active SBA doesn't pays much attention to them. So I don't know - I for one was a fan of keeping these features, but at the same time I won't be much sad if the league decides to move on from them.

I guess I'm done here. I'm close to 200 words so +1 TPE to a 74 OV player, ok thank you.

1 TPE goes to Krīgars.

I don't care what kind of PT, we just need more of them. Not enough variety. Only ways to earn capped TPE are:

• Media/Graphic/Podcast/Welfare
  • Fan 590
  • Job
  • Fantasy/Trivia

Having just 4 weekly TPE opportunities is pretty poor. Things get stale, and not enough reason to check in every day.

EDIT: I understand this is about one-time, special PT's, but thought I would say my piece about weekly/capped TPE here anyways.

Edited by philthethrill81

Getting rid of opportunities for TPE and user activity, I think is a mistake. 

With the recent implication of being able to claim TPE for a month off of one MS has already slowed down activity.

I know this is only a once in a while kind of thing, but I think any reason for user activity is a good one.

There does need to be more variety. I'd like to see themed PTs or something like that a couple of times per month, with bonus uncapped TPE if you stay within the theme. We do have the All-Stars one and such, but I don't think it's enough. Themed PTs keep things more interesting for everybody involved.

As far as the Bios and RPs, you're right, nobody really reviews them. Not a lot of people read them either. It's because most of the people who've been around the league for awhile know that the RPs are all more or less the same with the 3 cons and 3 pros. Then the bios can definitely get a lot more interesting, but people seem to stay away from reading them because they are a minimum of 1000 words.

So I'm probably the last person you'd expect to hear this from, but I think the bio minimum length should be smaller. I get it's a lot of TPE for one thing, but they can produce some interesting stories and no one reads them anyway. I think a shorter minimum (even if people ended up then exceeding the current minimum) would potentially promote people reading them at a minimum. I'd like to say it would also promote people commenting, but people barely even comment on regular PT articles...

bio and rp creates 0 discussion

if PT are meant in that way, they are useless. Let the people decide what kind of PT they want to make for their player. If their next MS is a draft profile, good for them. In the end, bio and RP are forced dead end. Always found they brought nothing to the table. 

49 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

So I'm probably the last person you'd expect to hear this from, but I think the bio minimum length should be smaller. I get it's a lot of TPE for one thing, but they can produce some interesting stories and no one reads them anyway. I think a shorter minimum (even if people ended up then exceeding the current minimum) would potentially promote people reading them at a minimum. I'd like to say it would also promote people commenting, but people barely even comment on regular PT articles...

Maybe drop from 1,000 words to say 800