POLL: Only VHL related Media Spots?

hedgehog337

so?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I checked out this article by @BluObieZ and @Beketov's comments about it. He said Robbie can't take these TPE as this wasn't VHL related piece. That's kinda odd, because a lot of members know his King & Mulligan series also aren't VHL related, but nobody had problem with it. Anyway, I hope you already catch my drill.

A simple question - should these media spots be only VHL related? I remember we had the similar discussion about it and some members suggested to involve the IRL hockey as well. So that means NHL, KHL, SHL (Swedish Hockey League, ok?) and similar things would have been allowed for the MS. Or we could go even further an allow all sports for an article, idk. Since we're not diversified enough in PT's and TPE opportunities as a whole, it could make a sense to try this.

PRO: we don't have to bust our brains to write same old shit week by week;

CON: might look kinda weird to see an IRL hockey related article in a virtual sim-league portal;

My quote done, thank you for 1 TPE.

1 TPE goes to Krīgars

• Commissioner

It’s an interesting debate. All I was saying was that given the current rules that doesn’t fall under League related and therefore can’t be used. I never looked at that other series (not my job to police PT’s) to be able to specifically comment on it. I just happened to notice this one since he specifically stated in the opening paragraph that he wasn’t even trying to come up with something League related.

Personally I’m of the mindset that it should be SOMEWHAT league related but we don’t need to be that strict. With podcasts we’ve always been kinda lax so why should MS be any different? Those aren’t the rules right now though.

8 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

It's like, yes it should stay only VHL related? Wasn't it possible to cancel your vote if you voted ''no''?

Yes only VHL related. I went through a few years typing out boring stuff. I don't see why it should be different now.

There are still talks about implementing that already known welfare system to VHL. So this little change in media spot can be a decent alternative (or happy medium, w/e), still writing an article but the requirements are not being so strict.

Edited by hedgehog337

King and Mulligan and every other MS "tv series" i did before it had nothing to do with the league. Other then me @'ing people to say their player is playing that character. It never was a problem in the past. If me "gloating" about that I will not even try to attempt to make it league related I can take that part out. But to say that it does not count is not fair. Effort is effort. It took me time to put that up.

Like Beketov said, should have at least some VHL related ´twist´ to it,  nothing too major is needed, for example that linked story could be a story about what Robbies player did during last off-season, mention Seattle/VHL/Hockey players life in general with few words and should be good to go. Big majority of that story would still be about Cuba and what happened there.

But then again, that new welfare thing in the horizon kinda forces these rules to go out of the window,  I will be personally surprised if even half of the people who write now keep on writing at all about anything once the claim 6 TPE from other league PTs is in place.

• Commissioner
3 hours ago, jRuutu said:

But then again, that new welfare thing in the horizon kinda forces these rules to go out of the window,  I will be personally surprised if even half of the people who write now keep on writing at all about anything once the claim 6 TPE from other league PTs is in place.

Everyone who is primarily a VHL member isn’t going to start ignoring the VHL all of a sudden. Pleas try to reserve judgement until you see anything finalized.

15 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Everyone who is primarily a VHL member isn’t going to start ignoring the VHL all of a sudden. Pleas try to reserve judgement until you see anything finalized.

Quite few people are on the other sites, I could see ´VHL only´ users giving other sites a try and then just coming back here to claim the PT they did in the other league.

But you are right, going to wait and see how the stuff actually works before moaning about it too much!

• Commissioner
13 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Quite few people are on the other sites, I could see ´VHL only´ users giving other sites a try and then just coming back here to claim the PT they did in the other league.

But you are right, going to wait and see how the stuff actually works before moaning about it too much!

If someone is a primarily VHL member I wouldn’t suspect they’ll decide to do a PT elsewhere and claim it here. Far more likely our core of members will do the opposite.

19 hours ago, BluObieZ said:

King and Mulligan and every other MS "tv series" i did before it had nothing to do with the league. Other then me @'ing people to say their player is playing that character. It never was a problem in the past. If me "gloating" about that I will not even try to attempt to make it league related I can take that part out. But to say that it does not count is not fair. Effort is effort. It took me time to put that up.

...but that is league related.

6 hours ago, jRuutu said:

You keep harping that it is 6 TPE, when I've told you multiple times it wouldn't be 6 full TPE. Goodness

7 hours ago, Beketov said:

If someone is a primarily VHL member I wouldn’t suspect they’ll decide to do a PT elsewhere and claim it here. Far more likely our core of members will do the opposite.

I could see it happening, someone who does not have too much time now and maybe just focuses on VHL alone could go out and try SBA for example, write the media there and just come back here to claim it.

1 hour ago, Kendrick said:

You keep harping that it is 6 TPE, when I've told you multiple times it wouldn't be 6 full TPE. Goodness

I got the impression last time I personally was chatting about it that it will be 6 TPE. That was while ago and I have not followed the case at all since that.

20 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

I could see it happening, someone who does not have too much time now and maybe just focuses on VHL alone could go out and try SBA for example, write the media there and just come back here to claim it.

I got the impression last time I personally was chatting about it that it will be 6 TPE. That was while ago and I have not followed the case at all since that.

If it ever was 6 TPE, they'd make normal PT's worth more for VHL lifers