Claimed: Random Robbie Thoughts EP5 "Permaban" [1/2]

BluObieZ

So a league that seems to be hemorrhaging members seems to be okay with just permabanning active members. Sure the league should not stand for some of the shit that is being said. That is not my point at all. They could hand in game suspensions. I got one years back instead of a permaban. Hell there have been multiple occasions where I said and did way worse then what some of these guys are getting permabanned for.

Truth is that back then the league was not suffering at all, hell it was in its hay days. So why on earth did I not get kicked out forever? Boubabi could have easily gotten the message from a in game suspension and maybe a 1 week site ban. It's something the league should have looked into. He was a active member that I for one don't think anyone really hated till the end. Why on earth do you say fuck him and ban him like that? that shows a lack of respect for someone that has put in effort for all this time. You shat it down the toilet like it means nothing. The league basically said they are bigger then any of its members.

Boubabi did not have a history of problems but yet he was banned. I had a long history and my history is way worse. Yet I sit here late on  Sunday night writing to get this in before midnight. The members of this league is what keeps this league going. Without us the league would be dead and the people running it would have no one to have a power trip over. They know this. Yet they still think its fun and or funny to hand out permabans like it's going out of style.

Hell maybe they know the end is near and this is their way of "mercy killing" the league. If they slowly permaban members the league will just go to sleep. It's like putting a lobster into a pot of water. If you put it in cold water and slowly raise the temp it will just die without knowing it. But if you put it tail first into boiling water. Well have fun with a fight. It's better to slowly boil it or put it head first into hot water so you don't see death coming, it just happens. 

I honestly don't know what the powers that be that run this league are doing or want to do. They make "changes" every off season in hopes it "saves" the league. But is it really saving the league? and if it is, is it really worth saving? I think you the reader should find that out for yourself. Because I honestly have lost interest in making change in this league. I tried to help many times. I tried helping change the VHLM that was turned down. I tried making the VHLM fun but I was fired. I have tried to suggest many different options but nope. Nothing. Hell I even legit offered to buy a VHL team with real money. I even offered to buy the league with real money. I wanted to make changes. make the site profitable. Hell I would have bankrolled this site and made it fun. I didn't even want to have commish role. Just creative say. I have lots of creative idea's. Hell I am the only person that wants the Mag editor job. But they have chosen to sit on the mag/portal in hopes anyone and I mean even a 1st day guy would get the job over me. So with the ban to Boubabi I find myself with even less interest. Which makes me almost want to say Ko Kane is my last player.   

• Commissioner

If you think he has no history you haven’t been paying attention the last 6 months. If you think suspending his players wouldn’t have made him lash out more you don’t realize who you’re talking about. In his mind he was above the law and was going to create a shitstorm about anything and everything that we did; to him or in general.

This says nothing about what he has done in the past for the league. As we have said and continue to say we respect what he has done for the league and his contributions are invaluable but that did not give him the right to say and do whatever he wanted. That did not give him the right to shit on every member that crossed his path (old and new).

You act as if you’re the same or have done worse: you haven’t. Even at your worst you’re a troll, same with Trifecta. At his worst Boubabi was acting like all he was doing was trolling when in reality he was being a detriment to any and all recruiting efforts we were making. I firmly believe the members we can get or get back without him pushing them away will outnumber the lack of contributions Boubabi was offering. People act like we banned the perfect member he was 2 years ago, we didn’t. We banned the complete nuisance he became.

Im done defending that decision. He would have gladly burned the league to the ground, laughed at the fire and then deflected all the blame away from himself.

11 hours ago, Beketov said:

If you think he has no history you haven’t been paying attention the last 6 months. If you think suspending his players wouldn’t have made him lash out more you don’t realize who you’re talking about. In his mind he was above the law and was going to create a shitstorm about anything and everything that we did; to him or in general.

This says nothing about what he has done in the past for the league. As we have said and continue to say we respect what he has done for the league and his contributions are invaluable but that did not give him the right to say and do whatever he wanted. That did not give him the right to shit on every member that crossed his path (old and new).

You act as if you’re the same or have done worse: you haven’t. Even at your worst you’re a troll, same with Trifecta. At his worst Boubabi was acting like all he was doing was trolling when in reality he was being a detriment to any and all recruiting efforts we were making. I firmly believe the members we can get or get back without him pushing them away will outnumber the lack of contributions Boubabi was offering. People act like we banned the perfect member he was 2 years ago, we didn’t. We banned the complete nuisance he became.

Im done defending that decision. He would have gladly burned the league to the ground, laughed at the fire and then deflected all the blame away from himself.

You do realize I base my articles on zero research. I still stand by what I said. I at my worst was way worse then him. I would have gladly "burnt" this place down and laughed at corpse. Now I just don't care.

• Commissioner
5 minutes ago, BluObieZ said:

You do realize I base my articles on zero research. I still stand by what I said. I at my worst was way worse then him. I would have gladly "burnt" this place down and laughed at corpse. Now I just don't care.

I’ll tell you honestly that I never found that to be the case so maybe I just wasn’t paying attention, maybe I just wasn’t around for your worst, or maybe I just didn’t care as much. Who knows, you certainly know yourself more than I do. I wouldn’t expect some of his antics from you though, even at your worst.

In any case it makes no difference now. Interesting opinion piece.

• 1 month later...

Review:

I don't know how much a permaban was warranted, but he definitely did have a history. He had multiple warnings as well on top of that.

It ended up being a temporary permaban anyways. Boubabi has done a lot for the site, there is no denying that.

Good article.

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Claimed: Random Robbie Thoughts EP5 "Permaban" [1/2]