S58 Playoffs

Will

• Senior Admin

S58 PLAYOFFS

The S58 Regular Season will be ending tonight and as such, the first round of Playoffs will begin on Sunday, leaving Saturday as a rest day to prepare updates. 

The VHLM is a bit behind this season so I expect @Higgins will do some extra sims the next couple of days to catch up in a reasonable amount of time. 

ALSO members who post a point task about playoffs in the next week (either this point task week or the new one starting Sunday) can claim an extra 2 uncapped TPE. These can be playoff predictions, the future of the teams who missed playoffs, anything related to playoffs at all really. VHLM playoffs applied as well.

:cheers: 

• Senior Admin
9 minutes ago, Smarch said:

VHLM Trade Deadline?

Classic Higgins 

Though does the VHLM even need one? Seems like you could get away with just letting players keep being added to rosters right up until playoffs

• Senior Admin

Just in case any GM's forgot, like I did initially, we must wait until after the first round of Playoffs to do the draft lottery under the new playoff format, to see who the 4th team will be. 

So we haven't forgot again, the lottery will come shortly after Round 1 ends.

On 29/01/2018 at 4:16 PM, Will said:

Just in case any GM's forgot, like I did initially, we must wait until after the first round of Playoffs to do the draft lottery under the new playoff format, to see who the 4th team will be. 

So we haven't forgot again, the lottery will come shortly after Round 1 ends.

@Tyler

16 minutes ago, Tyler said:

the vhl: we need to find a way to create more parity

also the vhl: hmmm yeah playoff teams should get a lottery pick why not i dont see the issue

To be honest, league parity is probably at an all-time high.

• Commissioner
57 minutes ago, Tyler said:

the vhl: we need to find a way to create more parity

also the vhl: hmmm yeah playoff teams should get a lottery pick why not i dont see the issue

This was in the original announcement, I think your complaints are coming a season late.

The lottery has always consisted of 4 teams and will remain 4 teams.

5 minutes ago, Beketov said:

This was in the original announcement, I think your complaints are coming a season late.

The lottery has always consisted of 4 teams and will remain 4 teams.

Who cares if they're a season late my point remains valid. Having playoff teams in the lottery is beyond stupid.

• Commissioner
24 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Who cares if they're a season late my point remains valid. Having playoff teams in the lottery is beyond stupid.

Don’t look at them as a playoff team then. Honestly though it is considered the playoffs I haven’t been looking at the wildcard game as being playoffs. I’m more or less deeming playoffs as the next two rounds. We just need to sim the wildcard as playoffs for stats purposes.