S58 Playoffs

Will

• Commissioner
4 minutes ago, boubabi said:

btw, I've heard it was already discussed, but the wildcard shouldn't be a 4/7. It's too long really. Max 2/3 imo

We discussed it a few days ago. We did 7 games this year to match everything else but that could make the wildcard series last 5 days which is way too much. I agree that it should be best of 5. We’ll look into changing it next season.

even best of 5 seems a lot. Those teams were wildcard, so they were on the edge of being a playoff team. Plus, giving a possible 5 games advantage to players in the wildcard to gain stats make things difficult to analyse the possible playoff MVP. Best of 5 is an option, but I would favor best of 3 to make it short and quick 

10 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Don’t look at them as a playoff team then. Honestly though it is considered the playoffs I haven’t been looking at the wildcard game as being playoffs. I’m more or less deeming playoffs as the next two rounds. We just need to sim the wildcard as playoffs for stats purposes.

The S58 Regular Season will be ending tonight and as such, the first round of Playoffs will begin on Sunday, leaving Saturday as a rest day to prepare updates.

:thedonald:

2 minutes ago, boubabi said:

even best of 5 seems a lot. Those teams were wildcard, so they were on the edge of being a playoff team. Plus, giving a possible 5 games advantage to players in the wildcard to gain stats make things difficult to analyse the possible playoff MVP. Best of 5 is an option, but I would favor best of 3 to make it short and quick 

if anything best 2 out of 3 is the way to go if you want to also give them a shot at a lotery pick. It has to be different then the playoffs somehow

• Senior Admin
6 minutes ago, Tyler said:

if anything best 2 out of 3 is the way to go if you want to also give them a shot at a lotery pick. It has to be different then the playoffs somehow

Fair enough point

• Commissioner
29 minutes ago, Tyler said:

:thedonald:

I’m not saying it isn’t the playoffs, I’m saying that I don’t really look at them as playoff teams. I look at the winner as a playoff team.