Claimed: Franchise Cornerstone; S58 Most Valuable Player ? [1/2]

boubabi

1 minute ago, jRuutu said:

You and many are judging goalies on wins, no matter what the situation in the team is, goalie like Skye can stand on his head, but will always lose because goalie in a better team managed to have more wins, purely because he had more support in front of him. 

Like Helsinki had a lot more support for Moon, aha.

2 minutes ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

i just find it funny that we make this argument here but it all just fell on deaf ears last year when Chase Keller literally had players under 100 tpe while Jones had Fujimoto yet Jones still won RotY

Keller was playing in a sucky sucky team who had a huge gap with their best and 2nd best player

Helsinki had some good players in Rudolp, Ay Ay Ron and Shephard. That's the difference 

Edited by boubabi

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

i just find it funny that we make this argument here but it all just fell on deaf ears last year when Chase Keller literally had players under 100 tpe while Jones had Fujimoto yet Jones still won RotY

ROTY and MVP aren’t the same thing and don’t have the same criteria though. Keller was valuable to his team but that doesn’t mean he was a better rookie. “Value” is important for MVP. It isn’t for RPTY where straight stats matter more.

Amidst all this argument, I'd like to take a moment to throw Colton Rayne's hat in the ring for MVP. 7 goals, 34 assists for 41 points in his rookie year, playing second pairing minutes?

If that doesn't scream most valuble, then I'm a mute Indonesia goat herder.

Theres a reason the Americans are in the playoff race again, and you need look no further than the left side defenseman on the second pairing.

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Spade18 said:

Amidst all this argument, I'd like to take a moment to throw Colton Rayne's hat in the ring for MVP. 7 goals, 34 assists for 41 points in his rookie year, playing second pairing minutes?

Theres a reason the Americans are in the playoff race again, and you need look no further than the left side defenseman on the second pairing.

Got my vote.

1 minute ago, Spade18 said:

you sure know how to sway a vote my friend. also you did get my paypal info correct right?

16 minutes ago, Spade18 said:

I guess you might be joking, but considering we had 2 pages over Skye, I won't take any chances.

1st pair D and 2nd Pair D are likely going to have the same ice time as they can play 30 minutes each (if you GM setup correctly your lines). And your pts and contribution pct are too low to be considered

BUT OKAY, I GOT IT, IT WAS A JOKE  

Edited by boubabi

4 minutes ago, Beketov said:

And that argument gets made on occasion; all depends on the season really. An ideal MVP candidate really is a player who does amazing, helps their team win, and has barely any help. However that is rarely the case most seasons. Cornerstone has a case because of how little help was on Helsinki. Personally I would think Boeser would as well but some points were made in here against that. I’m not here to discuss every option really. I’m just saying that MVP, like most awards, doesn’t have a check list of criteria in order to win it. The discussion changes per year depending how things went during the season.

I hope Cornerstone gets it then, exactly like you said - ideal candidate for the award.

6 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Again, don't bring your vendetta against the 2 lines concept here. It's useless and irrelevant. A 120 pts season is relative to other players and other seasons. That's how we know if it's good or bad. Again, I've calculated the pts contribution for the players, and I would also say that a 66% points contribution is very very very good. 

I have to bring it, making it sound like these 120 points players are the greatest players ever, but extremely little focus is put on the fact that most teams don´t have that many players. Players on the defensive end get very little love

7 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Don’t try in turn this into another one of your arguments about having more depth players that few people want to really be. The fact is, the league has run for 58 seasons as a primarily 2 line league. So the awards have always been voted on with that logic in mind. The league hasn’t changed so suddenly deciding that we want to vote on awards based on depth that doesn’t exist makes no sense.

But don´t you think it´s kinda interesting that points are so valuable in a league like this with no depth? Would almost make sense to swing the attention to defensive statistics instead? Players who can stop plays and keep the own end clean in a so offensively minded league like VHL should be in a much bigger window.

Just now, boubabi said:

I guess you might be joking, but considering we had 2 pages over Skye, I won't take any chances.

1st pair D and 2nd Pair D are likely going to have the same ice time as they can play 30 minutes each (if you GM setup correctly your lines). And your pts and contribution pct are insufficient to be considered

My friend, the seriousness of this matter, CANNOT be overstated.

1 minute ago, boubabi said:

1st pair D and 2nd Pair D are likely going to have the same ice time as they can play 30 minutes each (if you GM setup correctly your lines). And your pts and contribution pct are insufficient to be considered

banned

2 minutes ago, Spade18 said:

Colton who?

Krīgars is being snubbe.d despite of 126 points 9Cbddty.png

That was a joke as well.

However JRuutu, you must be forgetting that every players have 99 endurance. That can make them play a full 30 minutes. With that, 2 lines of F and 2 lines of D should get you a full icetime of ''real players''

but hey, I'm just sayin

11 minutes ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

In a 'bot' league when still only 8 players in the top 50 in scoring break 100 points that is pretty impressive because thats only 16% of the top 50. These players are the best of the best and should be in a MVP contention while a goalie with just 15 wins should not. really we are making an argument for a 15 win goalie? you have to be arguing for the sake of arguing.

8 players over 100 points in a eight team league that has two lines at most on every team.

11 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

5/8 teams had more or less two offensive lines, not that bad.

I mean it´s a push towards right direction, but quite bad total in my opinion.

13 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Looking forward for JRuutu's perma ban.

OKAY, i'M JOKING ALRIGHT COOL IT 

Not going to lie, I was surprised to see you here today, perma ban did not last even two weeks :o

2 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

Kinda agree, but that's not happening every time. A defenseman won a RoTY in S57. And how about a 93-point def winning MVP, Slobo and Labatte awards in S54?

that moment you realize hedgy is the new green. what did you sacrifice to the STHS gods for such good sim luck?

2 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

Kinda agree, but that's not happening every time. A defenseman won a RoTY in S57. And how about a 93-point def winning MVP, Slobo and Labatte awards in S54?

A defensemen will always be overlooked because we can't clearly see his defensive contribution in the sim (as we can't see takeaway/giveaway and such)

That's just a limitation we have to agree on 

Just now, jRuutu said:

8 players over 100 points in a eight team league that has two lines at most on every team.

I mean it´s a push towards right direction, but quite bad total in my opinion.

Not going to lie, I was surprised to see you here today, perma ban did not last even two weeks :o

by this logic everyone should have over 100 points. but no they dont because those who get 100 points are generally outstanding and put in work and deserve to get recognized unless you @hedgehog337 with a 300 tpe player and put no work in