Claimed: Franchise Cornerstone; S58 Most Valuable Player ? [1/2]

boubabi

12 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

Like Helsinki had a lot more support for Moon, aha.

A lot more than Quebec had for Skye

4 minutes ago, boubabi said:

However JRuutu, you must be forgetting that every players have 99 endurance. That can make them play a full 30 minutes. With that, 2 lines of F and 2 lines of D should get you a full icetime of ''real players''

but hey, I'm just sayin

Not exactly the same now is it? I would be willing to guess these 120 point seasons would be a lot more valuable in a league that had something else than 99 endurance for all and two lines in each team.

1 minute ago, jRuutu said:

Not exactly the same now is it? I would be willing to guess these 120 point seasons would be a lot more valuable in a league that had something else than 99 endurance for all and two lines in each team.

Value is relative. You might be sticked with the 120 point thing, but in the end 3 players reached 110pts +, which is the top percentile 

Edited by boubabi

6 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

Kinda agree, but that's not happening every time. A defenseman won a RoTY in S57. And how about a 93-point def winning MVP, Slobo and Labatte awards in S54?

Nice moments and something I hope happens more often in the future.

3 minutes ago, boubabi said:

1 week actually

:o

3 minutes ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

by this logic everyone should have over 100 points. but no they dont because those who get 100 points are generally outstanding and put in work and deserve to get recognized unless you @hedgehog337 with a 300 tpe player and put no work in

The fact that a 300 tpe player can be up there in scoring with players with double or more TPE is exactly why these 120 point seasons lose their value

Nice moments and something I hope happens more often in the future.

:o

The fact that a 300 tpe player can be up there in scoring with players with double or more TPE is exactly why these 120 point seasons lose their value

so those who put in work get punished because hedgy plays his player on the 2nd line? 

Just now, jRuutu said:

All complaints to STHS though. As much as I can see, a 120 point performance is still a 120 point performance, reglardless of a TPE count.

2 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

that makes little to no sense. It just means the sim is broken. 120 pts means 120 pts

Edited by boubabi

Just now, hedgehog337 said:

I mean, you gotta bring better players to your team first. I have Muller, Shankly and Rusty in the first line.

You still believe your 2nd line theory euh ? 

3 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

A six-man team. Not so good imo. The only difference was these six were better than Quebec players.

Maybe not, but at least managed to saved Moon from having to stand in front of as many shots as Skye

Value is relative. You might be sticked with the 120 point thing, but in the end 3 players reached 110pts +, which is the top percentile 

And eight got over the 100 mark. 3 of them scoring 110+ is not as impressive this year at least.

1 minute ago, boubabi said:

You still believe your 2nd line theory euh ? 

Yes, I still believe in an offensive depth.

Maybe not, but at least managed to saved Moon from having to stand in front of as many shots as Skye

Also, they had only two defs. Ay Ay Ron and double-regressed sub 400 TPE Jenkins. Not the best def line in the league.

4 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

And eight got over the 100 mark. 3 of them scoring 110+ is not as impressive this year at least.

it's like saying, 7 goaltenders (out of 8 starters) were above 0.910 save pct. so skye's .933 isn't good

if you don't give value to numbers, it's useless arguing about that  

Edited by boubabi

2 minutes ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

so those who put in work get punished because hedgy plays his player on the 2nd line? 

And still played over 28 minutes on average per game. If a player at 300-400 Tpe region is able to score on similar pace as someone at 600-800, something is wrong in the league and/or sim.

4 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

All complaints to STHS though. As much as I can see, a 120 point performance is still a 120 point performance, reglardless of a TPE count.

League is doing very little to help in fighting against that, why should anyone aim to be really high TPE earner if guys who are not nearly as good players as you are put insane numbers still?

6 minutes ago, boubabi said:

that makes little to no sense. It just means the sim is broken. 120 pts means 120 pts

Could maybe do something about that? Try to use something else than 2 lines and 99 endurance on everybody?

Could maybe do something about that? Try to use something else than 2 lines and 99 endurance on everybody?

I got banned when trying to find a solution to that

so no thank you 

Every player has 99 endurance.

League is doing very little to help in fighting against that, why should anyone aim to be really high TPE earner if guys who are not nearly as good players as you are put insane numbers still?

And what the league is supposed to do? Changing the sim engine? Changing the sim version of STHS?

3 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

Yes, I still believe in an offensive depth.

Also, they had only two defs. Ay Ay Ron and double-regressed sub 400 TPE Jenkins. Not the best def line in the league.

Not at all, but somehow Quebec ended up giving 750 shots more than Helsinki

it's like saying, 7 goaltenders (out of 8 starters) were above 0.910 save pct. so skye's .933 isn't good

if you don't give value to numbers, it's useless arguing about that  

What kind of save percentage beats 120 points? Only value you and few others seem to give for goalies is in the wins