Claimed: Franchise Cornerstone; S58 Most Valuable Player ? [1/2]

boubabi

1 minute ago, jRuutu said:

But what if the new players want to see more than 2 lines on each team? Is there enough attention put into making people aware that VHL is supposed to be like this? Not a good look if you go after users who might be in other sim leagues and when they come here and see so many bots in the rosters.

And what's the advantage of 3-4 line system over two lines, besides of having more active LR?

1 minute ago, hedgehog337 said:

And what's the advantage of 3-4 line system over two lines, besides of having more active LR?

Proper hockey team and league feel to the whole experience,  at the moment it´s closer to a sunday league or pickup hockey with the neighbours than a  ´real´ hockey experience.  Two lines in each team is not for every hockey fan, simple as that. I´m willing to bet it would be easier to bring new users in if this place would have strong 3 or 4 line setup for each team, no matter if there is just 4 teams in the league.

3 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Proper hockey team and league feel to the whole experience,  at the moment it´s closer to a sunday league or pickup hockey with the neighbours than a  ´real´ hockey experience.  Two lines in each team is not for every hockey fan, simple as that. I´m willing to bet it would be easier to bring new users in if this place would have strong 3 or 4 line setup for each team, no matter if there is just 4 teams in the league.

Im also a fan of the 4 line teams but we got to play by how to the league is at the moment I’d say recruit hard once the portal is the main site and then we can work on having more players per team

3 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Some teams can't even field full 2 line teams and you want to make it 3-4? This is not something I can get behind. Also thanks for the Moon mentions. I just can't fathom winning the award as much as I wished I could.

19 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

I know it´s not going to be easy, but need to start from somewhere. At some point the greater good of everybody in the league should be the priority.

I have one of the franchise hockey managers, I'll play around with it a little tonight and see what I can come up with

7 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

The thing is the VHL is running the two line system for a long time, maybe even since beggining. It may be very hard to old heads to adapt three or four lines and see their minutes drastically going down.

May as well as sending a survey to new members with a question like ''Do you want to play in three or four lines team with less minutes or playing more minutes but in a two line team?'' Would be interesting to see an answer here.

Edited by hedgehog337

Just now, Beaviss said:

Im also a fan of the 4 line teams but we got to play by how to the league is at the moment I’d say recruit hard once the portal is the main site and then we can work on having more players per team

Absolutely, but the picture or image I have after moaning about this, is that no matter how many new users come in, this league will always be a 2 line league. If lets say 30 users come in and stay active, they will just add new teams and roll with the 99endurance/ 2 lines setup

2 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

Some teams can't even field full 2 line teams and you want to make it 3-4? This is not something I can get behind. Also thanks for the Moon mentions. I just can't fathom winning the award as much as I wished I could.

Yes, but would need to more than likely drop few teams again.

1 minute ago, Spade18 said:

I have one of the franchise hockey managers, I'll play around with it a little tonight and see what I can come up with

Sounds good! I have been thinking about giving some kind of hockey manager another go, be a gm/franchise mode in NHL is not doing it for me anymore :(

4 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Not quite sure a poll is useful here. Getting a full 4 lines team is an utopic thinking

Well, he comes from a league where every or almost every team has 3 or 4 lines, so I understand his idea.

However, the VHL public is a bit different. I may sound too pessimistic, but I'm not sure if a member here will be happy to see his player playing only 15 or even less minutes.

Edited by hedgehog337

1 minute ago, hedgehog337 said:

The thing is the VHL is running the two line system for a long time, maybe even since beggining. It may be very hard to old heads to adapt three or four lines and see their minutes drastically going down.

May as well as sending a survey to new members with a question like ''Do you want to play in three or four lines with less minutes or playing more minutes but in a two line team?'' Would be interesting to see an answer here.

I´m sure it wont be easy to adapt if it´s something people have gotten used to, but it´s not going to be as bad as you make it sound. Simply just need to wait bit more than now before you are in a top role and playing first line minutes.

It would be interesting for sure, but try to do that outside of VHL as well for best results from the recruitment perspective. Could also add multiple questions to it and ask about the PT system for example, is 500 words each week to much etc

Don't get me wrong, I would be all in favor of a 3 to 4 lines system, but I just don't think it's the priority right now. There's other thing the league needs to achieve/resolve to think about that. Like lower the importance of the scoring attribute 

1 minute ago, boubabi said:

Don't get me wrong, I would be all in favor of a 3 to 4 lines system, but I just don't think it's the priority right now. There's other thing the league needs to achieve/resolve to think about that. Like lower the importance of the scoring attribute 

Scoring is fun. I think it even helps to retain members.

8 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Yes, but would need to more than likely drop few teams again.

Sounds good! I have been thinking about giving some kind of hockey manager another go, be a gm/franchise mode in NHL is not doing it for me anymore :(

Not sure dropping a few teams again is the problem. 8 seems just right. The real problem lies within recruiting. If you can manage to bring in say 20 new members, sure let's push to 3-4 line teams. Unless that happens, then why try to lessen the teams and make deeper lines? Again, this is not the GOMHL.

9 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Didn't even buy NHL 18 this year =/ the GM mode has gotten so stale, and I'm sick of the game not rewarding you for doing actually smart hockey plays.  I want a true hockey simulation, not a hockey arcade game.

Just now, boubabi said:

I have the same opinion as you 

It's just those people who think that they shouldn't be limited to how far they can update or be told what they can update to. Things change and I believe this one could be for the better of the league. This would make GM's actually have to do their homework instead of "who has the most TPE".

Just now, boubabi said:

I honestly think it should be the number one thing that is being talked about right now, especially if and when VHL needs more users. This league is fighting for the same users as few other leagues who are able to give a lot more realistic sim experience, not perfect, but closer to the real thing than VHL is able to. If VHL truly wants to be a 2 line league, that is fine , but should promote it a lot more towards that and as that instead of trying to almost ´cheat´ people in by making them think that it´s not a big thing, it´s a massive thing for many.

Just now, hedgehog337 said:

But why not? Especially if a member works hard for at least 1000 TPE?

because it creates the opposite effect and remove all importance/gap between high tpe earners and player builds . I think hockey player's contribution is further than ''I shoot a lot'' 

1 minute ago, jRuutu said:

I honestly think it should be the number one thing that is being talked about right now, especially if and when VHL needs more users. This league is fighting for the same users as few other leagues who are able to give a lot more realistic sim experience, not perfect, but closer to the real thing than VHL is able to. If VHL truly wants to be a 2 line league, that is fine , but should promote it a lot more towards that and as that instead of trying to almost ´cheat´ people in by making them think that it´s not a big thing, it´s a massive thing for many.

Having multiple team with 4 lines is a end result. It doesn't solve much thing, it's just a result from better member retention/recruitment