POLL: 3/4 lines or 2 lines?

hedgehog337

so?  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I didn't vote. Because the poll is somewhat flawed. Would it be nice to have ¾ lines? Sure but we'd need the members first to do so. We aren't going to drop teams just to get to that stage

I'd prefer 3/4 lines for a number of reasons.

• You actually have to earn the minutes.
  • You will see progression being made throughout your career as you move up the lineup (rather then just 6 seasons on the top line with similar point totals)
  • More active locker rooms.
  • More line-matching (can find out who has chemistry with who, coaches will have more options to mix things up, specify against certain teams)
  • More trades (Some teams will look to acquire depth, while others load up on star power)
  • More of a team-atmosphere.

I feel like the 2-line system is just in place for people that are here for themselves. They care more about seeing there player do well, then having to earn there way to the top, and being apart of a team.

I haven't read a lot of the discussion on this topic, but that's my take. This is probably for nothing though, as we might not get the members to support it, like others mentioned before me.

Edited by philthethrill81

4 minutes ago, philthethrill81 said:

• You will see progression being made throughout your career as you move up the lineup (rather then just 6 seasons on the top line with similar point totals)
  • More line-matching (can find out who has chemistry with who, coaches will have more options to mix things up, specify against certain teams)
  • More trades (Some teams will look to acquire depth, while others load up on star power)

I feel like the 2-line system is just in place for people that are here for themselves. They care more about seeing there player do well, then having to earn there way to the top, and being apart of a team.

I haven't read a lot of the discussion on this topic, but that's my take. This is probably for nothing though, as we might not get the members to support it, like others mentioned before me.

This sums up my ideas and feelings about this case quite nicely. A lot more positives and possibilities than we have in this current setup.

Edited by jRuutu

5 minutes ago, philthethrill81 said:

I hate when people say this as if it means people who prefer 2 lines are shit members for their thoughts. Its a sim league, you know for fun. It just so happens people have fun in different ways and if the minority feels they aren't having fun....it's the minority and not something for the majority to change. Look at, yes; but not change. If 8 out of 10 people prefer Mars bars over Snickers, than it's obvious the majority of people are fans of Mars bars. That doesn't mean the Mars bars supporters don't hear the Snickers fans out on things, but it's obvious there is a majority.

2 minutes ago, philthethrill81 said:

I feel like the 2-line system is just in place for people that are here for themselves. They care more about seeing there player do well,

You're right. Big ego and thing, such as myself. This may even be reason why we could have an expansion once again if more members comes in.

I don't know the history of VHL, but I assume this two line thing exists for a long time so the older members get used to it.

Just now, hedgehog337 said:

You're right. Big ego and thing, such as myself. This may even be reason why we could have an expansion once again if more members comes in.

I don't know the history of VHL, but I assume this two line thing exists for a long time so the older members get used to it.

Blue team has stated the last expansion was way too soon, people need to understand that haha

• Commissioner
24 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

I didn't vote. Because the poll is somewhat flawed. Would it be nice to have ¾ lines? Sure but we'd need the members first to do so. We aren't going to drop teams just to get to that stage

I’m with @Kendrick.

I’m okay with it if we have the members to sustain the lines but we aren’t going to drop more teams just for the sake of having more lines.

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

Blue team has stated the last expansion was way too soon, people need to understand that haha

I mean it would be fine to see at least 80 players in the VHL league (10 players for two full lines per team = 80 in total, not including goalies) for sake of better parity.

19 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

I hate when people say this as if it means people who prefer 2 lines are shit members for their thoughts. Its a sim league, you know for fun. It just so happens people have fun in different ways and if the minority feels they aren't having fun....it's the minority and not something for the majority to change. Look at, yes; but not change. If 8 out of 10 people prefer Mars bars over Snickers, than it's obvious the majority of people are fans of Mars bars. That doesn't mean the Mars bars supporters don't hear the Snickers fans out on things, but it's obvious there is a majority.

If majority wants 2 lines, you should promote this place towards users who want to see 2 lines and really push everything what that means. I´m having hard time believing you do so now? Nothing in the new member guide at least? When new people come in here, they usually have general idea about what a hockey team is, only two lines at best in every team is not in that picture, do they understand VHL is supposed to be like this?  Or do they see these half empty teams and think: Damn, this place is not doing so well - maybe I spend my time doing something else?

Edited by jRuutu

8 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

If majority wants 2 lines, you should promote this place towards users who want to see 2 lines and really push everything what that means. I´m having hard time believing you do so now? Nothing in the new member guide at least? When new people come in here, they usually have general idea about what a hockey team is, only two lines at best in every team is not in that picture, do they understand VHL is supposed to be like this?  Or do they see these half empty teams and think: Damn, this place is not doing so well - maybe I spend my time doing something else?

Ok, and now show me people who left or wants to leave the VHL because we're having only two lines.

3 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

Ok, and now show me people who left or wants to leave the VHL because we're having only two lines.

Me?

I think  VHL needs to pick what kind of league they want to be in the future and fully commit to that choice. You cant really stay in this 2 line system and try to go for 3/4 lines in every team, but still having everything about the 2 line system in place. If the end goal is to have 3rd and 4th lines, why not go after that 100% and start making moves to make that be a possibility?

Drop teams if that is what it takes to be there sooner, let people know VHL is going towards new direction, no more 2 lines in every team at best, VHL is going to be more competitive than ever! OR fully go after the 2 line setup and stop tricking people who want to see full teams into coming here or staying here by saying it´s just matter of finding new users, ´we will for sure move away from this 2 line setup, just need the users´. Pick a side and use it as your advantage.

1 minute ago, jRuutu said:

Me?

I think  VHL needs to pick what kind of league they want to be in the future and fully commit to that choice. You cant really stay in this 2 line system and try to go for 3/4 lines in every team, but still having everything about the 2 line system in place. If the end goal is to have 3rd and 4th lines, why not go after that 100% and start making moves to make that be a possibility?

Drop teams if that is what it takes to be there sooner, let people know VHL is going towards new direction, no more 2 lines in every team at best, VHL is going to be more competitive than ever! OR fully go after the 2 line setup and stop tricking people who want to see full teams into coming here or staying here by saying it´s just matter of finding new users, ´we will for sure move away from this 2 line setup, just need the users´. Pick a side and use it as your advantage.

You're the only one at this point.

If the recruitment is successful and we will have enough members for 3/4 lines then it's likely going to be 3/4 lines, not two. Simple.

And I'm not saying that every two lines fan will leave the league cause their player will play less minutes.

To me, the activity, PT and mentoring thing is way more important thing than lines.

24 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Who wants to come into a league and be like "Oh there is only four teams here." No. People come here and see eight teams and is like, "Wow. I have the chance to play for one of eight different teams. I wonder if I will land on a contender or a rebuilding team." I think people would be more interested in having a wider variety of place to land than a short number of teams.

1 minute ago, hedgehog337 said:

You're the only one at this point.

If the recruitment is successful and we will have enough members for 3/4 lines then it's likely going to be 3/4 lines, not two. Simple.

And I'm not saying that every two lines fan will leave the league cause their player will play less minutes.

To me, the activity, PT and mentoring thing is way more important thing than lines.

I sure hope so, I believe it when I see it and I´m not saying or hoping the 2 line users will leave either, but that is the big selling point of this league, being able to play in top-6 for most of your career. Take that away and move to 4 line setup makes VHL a lot different place.

Hard to arque with those, need all of them, the more - the better.

3 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

Who wants to come into a league and be like "Oh there is only four teams here." No. People come here and see eight teams and is like, "Wow. I have the chance to play for one of eight different teams. I wonder if I will land on a contender or a rebuilding team." I think people would be more interested in having a wider variety of place to land than a short number of teams.

At the same time you could ask who wants to come into a league and notice there is only 2 lines at most in every team? Damn, no matter what I do - I will always play a lot. Almost like it does not really matter where I play, how I play or who I play with, I will always play a lot.

Back tomorrow, sleepy times

• Commissioner
30 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

We could just cut the VHLM...... to give every team 3/4 lines....

Not that I like the option but to be honest I would do that before I cut the teams down to 4.

51 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

I sure hope so, I believe it when I see it and I´m not saying or hoping the 2 line users will leave either, but that is the big selling point of this league, being able to play in top-6 for most of your career. Take that away and move to 4 line setup makes VHL a lot different place.

Hard to arque with those, need all of them, the more - the better.

At the same time you could ask who wants to come into a league and notice there is only 2 lines at most in every team? Damn, no matter what I do - I will always play a lot. Almost like it does not really matter where I play, how I play or who I play with, I will always play a lot.

Back tomorrow, sleepy times

Who in the right mind would sayd "I will always play a lot?" Seriously. I have no idea who would actually be  upset about that.

i am for either or. If we get the amount of members to sustain 3/4 lines thats great I see that as a step toward sustaining the VHL as to where we want to be. But we should not cut even more teams to achieve this. I know the recruitment team is working hard now and we may now see the VHL reach this level we have not seen in a long time. It is good. I am for either or.

2 hours ago, jRuutu said:

Me?

I don't think anyone feels "tricked" by it, other than maybe you - that is, if you really do feel "tricked" by a league you've been in for some time and ought to understand it by now. Anyway, you got your poll, and you're pretty soundly losing, can you put this issue to rest finally?

6 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

I don't think anyone feels "tricked" by it, other than maybe you - that is, if you really do feel "tricked" by a league you've been in for some time and ought to understand it by now. Anyway, you got your poll, and you're pretty soundly losing, can you put this issue to rest finally?

One could only hope that he would.

7 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

One could only hope that he would.

In his defence the league would be a lot better with 3/4 lines the idea of having to earn your spot on the roster was 50% of my enjoyment when I first signed with Vegas.