POLL: 3/4 lines or 2 lines?

hedgehog337

so?  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Beaviss said:

We could just cut the VHLM...... to give every team 3/4 lines....

This may be a bad idea but you could cut sasky,distribute the players to the other four minor league teams,and have each VHL GM have a 24 game call up of their prospects to at least fill two spots on a third line for forwards or a second/third for line D.

They could be sent down and another prospect could be called up.

I don't know if that's possible though, but this way each pro team could at least have a third of the season with an extra line.

45 minutes ago, Exlaxchronicles said:

This may be a bad idea but you could cut sasky,distribute the players to the other four minor league teams,and have each VHL GM have a 24 game call up of their prospects to at least fill two spots on a third line for forwards or a second/third for line D.

They could be sent down and another prospect could be called up.

I don't know if that's possible though, but this way each pro team could at least have a third of the season with an extra line.

Too much work for basically nothing....

51 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

In his defence the league would be a lot better with 3/4 lines the idea of having to earn your spot on the roster was 50% of my enjoyment when I first signed with Vegas. 

I see where you are coming at, but that would be 10x better with more members. If we can attract another 20+ ACTIVE members, then the sky is the limit.

1 minute ago, Trifecta said:

I see where you are coming at, but that would be 10x better with more members. If we can attract another 20+ ACTIVE members, then the sky is the limit.

I completely agree the league can not afford to bleed anymore teams but also hurts the League by having teams with only 5 people on it.... there needs to be a compromise.... I think the VHLM is the only awnser. Before people flame me I love the VHLM its probably my favorite part about the site. But they need to merge for the betterment of the site.

38 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

I completely agree the league can not afford to bleed anymore teams but also hurts the League by having teams with only 5 people on it.... there needs to be a compromise.... I think the VHLM is the only awnser. Before people flame me I love the VHLM its probably my favorite part about the site. But they need to merge for the betterment of the site.

I'm ready for the VHLM to be gone too.

8 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

I don't think anyone feels "tricked" by it, other than maybe you - that is, if you really do feel "tricked" by a league you've been in for some time and ought to understand it by now. Anyway, you got your poll, and you're pretty soundly losing, can you put this issue to rest finally?

How about the users who come in here and expect to see something else than 2 lines in each team? You and everybody else can think it´s not a big problem, but it is. Recruitment crew and league thinks about finding ways to bring users in, but in the end not that many stick around, could the 2 line system have anything to do with it? And now by the looks of this poll, 13 v 5 to 2 line system, the recruitment crew and league leadership should really think about the direction they want to go and stick with that. If you go hard on recruiting and actually manage to bring people in, 2 line league is history, unless you of course just go for the expansion route again ;) But if quite few want to stick with the 2 line setup, why not use it as one of VHL main selling points? 

8 hours ago, Trifecta said:

One could only hope that he would.

Not going to, this league is in this state because not enough people share their opinions, resulting in the old boys club can run freely and hide behind the classics: It´s been going for 58 seasons, it must be working - there is not enough users, if we only could get more users we would for sure think about adding 3rd and 4th lines.  Look at the poll, nothing is going to change here, no matter how many users come in and stay active. Instead of fully accepting what the league truly is - a 2 line league, seems like you want to sell the place as active one and make users think full roster is just around the corner, because when people come into a hockey sim league, 2 lines at most in each team is not what they expect to see - that is a fact. Some might still like it and stay, but VHL should use the 2 line setup a lot more when talking to new members and marketing the place. Quiet LR´s + shallow rosters = people just forget the place.

10 hours ago, Trifecta said:

Who in the right mind would sayd "I will always play a lot?" Seriously. I have no idea who would actually be  upset about that.

Who in the right mind will say a hockey team can run a full season with 2 lines? Getting into VHL and staying in VHL means pretty much nothing, no matter where you go or what kind of player you are, you are guaranteed to have unrealistic amount of playing time in each game.

18 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

How about the users who come in here and expect to see something else than 2 lines in each team? You and everybody else can think it´s not a big problem, but it is. Recruitment crew and league thinks about finding ways to bring users in, but in the end not that many stick around, could the 2 line system have anything to do with it?

Who even would give a damn about the number of lines? I'd like to see these people who were worried about the lines after they joined this league, because at this point I don't believe that the the lines was the most important thing for them. Like they're joining the league and the first question they would ask is ''Why this league is having only 2 lines?'' instead of asking about TPE earning opportunites and info about teams? lmao

12 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Quiet LR´s + shallow rosters = people just forget the place.

Who would even leave the league cause if the shallow rosters? It's only an aftermath of quiet LR's.

1. Quiet LR's;

2. shallow rosters, if they're even going to name this as a reason

17 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

Who even would give a damn about the number of lines? I'd like to see these people who were worried about the lines after they joined this league, because at this point I don't believe that the the lines was the most important thing for them. Like they're joining the league and the first question they would ask is ''Why this league is having only 2 lines?'' instead of asking about TPE earning opportunites and info about teams? lmao

Who would even leave the league cause if the shallow rosters? It's only an aftermath of quiet LR's.

1. Quiet LR's;

2. shallow rosters, if they're even going to name this as a reason

Hockey fans know teams have 4 lines. It´s massive part of the game, same reason they don´t ask do the players use skates or are we playing without. Maybe the very first thing most ask is not how many lines teams have, but don´t you think that is something they should know right away when coming in? Couple season from now, when you are in the big league - every team has at best 2 lines. To me that sounds quite valuable information, just like how to update, what are the TPE opportunities etc.  If nobody tells them that 2 lines is the normal thing in VHL, they will think the league is dead, because they automatically think 4 lines is what should be in a team.

I´m guessing most leave because they don´t have the time. Which is a easy reason and also a understandable reason, but also a reason that can have a lot of things behind it. When you are asked to write 500 words or do graphic work every week, doing those things in a place like this quickly becomes something that is not fun anymore. Not much happens in the LR´s, PT´s do not usually create over the top amount of conversation, the actual games and game threads are usually just people commenting quickly and then they move on, not much to say about reports or games when your team has two lines at best and the other team has two, oh nice we won cool. 

How long the league expects people to stay truly active and motivated in a system like this? Not for long if you look how many users claim welfare. Everything plays a part in the activity going down, 2 line system, PT system, welfare system, how the games are posted etc

Edited by jRuutu

4 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

Who even would give a damn about the number of lines?

I did when I came in that’s why I think the VHLM is a better experience than the VHL

1 minute ago, Beaviss said:

I did when I came in that’s why I think the VHLM is a better experience than the VHL

Ok, you're the second one after Ruutu. Now answer me to this question: what we should to do for 3/4 lines?

a. Cutting the VHL to 4-6 teams;

b. Cutting the VHLM

Cause doing nothing leaves us with 2 lines, which works for people like me who likes to see their players getting a lot of minutes cause it's fun and it's a SIM league and not IRL.

40 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

Ok, you're the second one after Ruutu. Now answer me to this question: what we should to do for 3/4 lines?

a. Cutting the VHL to 4-6 teams;

b. Cutting the VHLM

Cause doing nothing leaves us with 2 lines, which works for people like me who likes to see their players getting a lot of minutes cause it's fun and it's a SIM league and not IRL.

I am a fan of cutting the VHLM but new players won’t like being rekt by peple 20x their TPE it would be cool if we could give them a 3x TPE for 2 weeks so they could boost them self’s too a level where they won’t be fodder.

You're the only one who considers the number of lines in a team a fundamentally different system. To everyone else, it's as simple as X players / Y teams, you get how many lines you get. There is no such thing as a "2 line system" and separately a "3/4 line system" and the lines are simply a byproduct of what players compared to what teams. If I'm talking about why a person should buy my new, cheesier mac and cheese, I'm going to tell them it has more cheese, it's creamier and less pasta-heavy, and things pertaining to the taste. I'm not going to advertise "you can put it on a plate" like it's some sort of design feature, it's just a thing that happens in order to eat the mac and cheese. That's what the number of lines are, a thing that happens in order to play the league. Not a feature, not a system on its own.

9 hours ago, Beaviss said:

I am a fan of cutting the VHLM but new players won’t like being rekt by peple 20x their TPE it would be cool if we could give them a 3x TPE for 2 weeks so they could boost them self’s too a level where they won’t be fodder.

I had a similar suggestion where newbies started with 100 TPE.

1 hour ago, Trifecta said:

I had a similar suggestion where newbies started with 100 TPE.

Starting them at 100 wouldn’t do anything to help them long term since all people would have that same boost I think the x3 boost would be best for three weeks since then they can work hard and get up there easy.

2 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

Starting them at 100 wouldn’t do anything to help them long term since all people would have that same boost I think the x3 boost would be best for three weeks since then they can work hard and get up there easy.

I haven't read through - but no. No to the x3...

if if one person is getting it, they all are. You'll always end up at square one. You have active people, mediocre activity and welfare. It's how it is and how it will always be. 

1 minute ago, Banackock said:

I haven't read through - but no. No to the x3...

if if one person is getting it, they all are. You'll always end up at square one. You have active people, mediocre activity and welfare. It's how it is and how it will always be. 

Basically we are brainstorming how to eliminate the VHLM but not feed new players to the wolves.

10 hours ago, Beaviss said:

Why would we give new members a boost to be better? Unless it's offered to everyone (veteran members), I see zero point. 

I earn my TPE - as does everyone else. If you don't put a small effort in, too bad. We shouldn't be boosting new people so they're equal to people actually put in work.

If that's what you're thinking, yikes. 

Just now, Beaviss said:

Basically we are brainstorming how to eliminate the VHLM but not feed new players to the wolves.

It'll be feeding to the wolves period of the VHLM goes. It's there for a reason and I highly doubt it goes anywhere.

everyone league, real or sim, has a minor league system for this purpose. I don't want a new guy having an edge in TPE gaining just because he's new or his player sucks. You're new. As we're we all. Earn TPE like the rest of us!