Jump to content

New Guy Incoming


Polygeekism
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello all!
I was searching for some Play by Post style games and stumbled upon @Spade18 's post on reddit and here I am! Pretty noobish when it comes to hockey, but this seems like an awesome group and I look forward to participating and seeing how everything goes. Also I know I will be joining some of the other leagues too, because why not do all the things!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Polygeekism said:

I am thinking defenseman. Bruiser type was the idea. That being said I definitely am in the shallow end of hockey knowledge so we will see how it goes.

 

Well if you wanna make a "bruiser" I'd say your key attributes would be (in no order)

 

-Defense

-Strength

-Checking

-Skating

-Fighting

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Tyler said:

 

Well if you wanna make a "bruiser" I'd say your key attributes would be (in no order)

 

-Defense

-Strength

-Checking

-Skating

-Fighting

Will physical size matter? Like can I go more wolverine bruiser size at like 5'8'' 230 or will that be a disadvantage in terms of the simulation?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Polygeekism said:

Will physical size matter? Like can I go more wolverine bruiser size at like 5'8'' 230 or will that be a disadvantage in terms of the simulation?

 

Don't quote me on it but I don't think it matters that much? Ask @Will or someone else though I'm really unsure. Never figured it mattered.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Senior Admin
10 minutes ago, Tyler said:

 

Don't quote me on it but I don't think it matters that much? Ask @Will or someone else though I'm really unsure. Never figured it mattered.

 

According to the STHS manual it does matter for players:

 

Quote

Weight & Height - The heavier and bigger the players are, the more hit he'll give.

 

But no impact on Goalies since they have the Size attribute 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...