New Guy Incoming

Polygeekism

Hello all!
I was searching for some Play by Post style games and stumbled upon @Spade18 's post on reddit and here I am! Pretty noobish when it comes to hockey, but this seems like an awesome group and I look forward to participating and seeing how everything goes. Also I know I will be joining some of the other leagues too, because why not do all the things!

8 minutes ago, Polygeekism said:

I am thinking defenseman. Bruiser type was the idea. That being said I definitely am in the shallow end of hockey knowledge so we will see how it goes.

Well if you wanna make a "bruiser" I'd say your key attributes would be (in no order)

-Defense

-Strength

-Checking

-Skating

-Fighting

2 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Well if you wanna make a "bruiser" I'd say your key attributes would be (in no order)

-Defense

-Strength

-Checking

-Skating

-Fighting

Will physical size matter? Like can I go more wolverine bruiser size at like 5'8'' 230 or will that be a disadvantage in terms of the simulation?

3 minutes ago, Polygeekism said:

Will physical size matter? Like can I go more wolverine bruiser size at like 5'8'' 230 or will that be a disadvantage in terms of the simulation?

Don't quote me on it but I don't think it matters that much? Ask @Will or someone else though I'm really unsure. Never figured it mattered.

11 minutes ago, Tyler said:

-Defense

-Strength

-Checking

-Skating

-Fighting

@Polygeekism

take me a read here.for the most part, he's right. 

http://www.ynohtna.com/bfhl/?q=node/849

• Senior Admin
10 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Don't quote me on it but I don't think it matters that much? Ask @Will or someone else though I'm really unsure. Never figured it mattered.

According to the STHS manual it does matter for players:

Weight & Height - The heavier and bigger the players are, the more hit he'll give.

But no impact on Goalies since they have the Size attribute