2018 Olympics

Kendrick

Notable Players from former NHL teams on Olympic Hockey rosters:

Switzerland: Jonas Hiller, Raphael Diaz, Cody Almond

Slovakia: Ladislav Nagy (had no clue he was even playing hockey anymore), Tomas Surovy

Russia: Kovalchuk, Voynov (*woman beater), Datsyuk, Grigorenko

Germany: Ehrhoff, Seidenberg, Goc

Finland: Lepisto

Sweden: Enroth, Stalberg, Dahlin (1st overall pick upcoming), Moller, Omark, Lander

2 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Max? If so, no he was not selected

Yes Max Talbot, he's with Lokomotiv Yaroslavl (who have apparently rebuilt decently well in the years since the crash)

Also, Jim Paek is the coach of S.Korea national team!

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, boubabi said:

it looks like a summer league hockey game, its horrible 

You could have turned off the game you know. I doubt anyone was forcing you against your will...

5 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

and cross country skiing womens team sprint too :)

That finish was legit. I turned it on for the final 30 seconds. The announcers yelling was pretty comical to me also. They don't strike me as regular announcers.

• Commissioner
22 hours ago, Kendrick said:

Yeah seems weird to me now

This is what happens when you take the best players in the world out of a tournament that’s supposed to feature the best players in the world.

I get the NHL’s decision from their perspective but from a fan’s perspective it’s really annoying to have the olympic tournaments made up of a bunch of people past their primes / players who no longer wanted to stay in the NHL (or worse, they weren’t wanted).

12 hours ago, Beketov said:

This is what happens when you take the best players in the world out of a tournament that’s supposed to feature the best players in the world.

I get the NHL’s decision from their perspective but from a fan’s perspective it’s really annoying to have the olympic tournaments made up of a bunch of people past their primes / players who no longer wanted to stay in the NHL (or worse, they weren’t wanted).

It was honestly much more the IOC petulantly foot stomping than the NHL backing out. The NHL wanted the IOC to meet htem half way with things like travel and insurance and in response the IOC said "Fuck you, you have to pay for everything now" so the NHL just said no.  Honestly cant blame them.