Ottawa Lynx Mangement Announcement

Beaviss

This offseason has definitely been an exciting one. The General Manager of the Ottawa Lynx @Beaviss recently got a job offer to take over the General Manager position for the Quebec Meute. Unfortunately @Beaviss does not have the time to manage both teams. With that being said @Beaviss will be stepping down as General Manager after a cup winning season with the Lynx. 

With @Beaviss stepping down there is a job opening. The Lynx’s manager made sure to find the best suitor for the job. So with that being said the Lynx are proud to annouce that @diamond_ace one of the greatest General Managers in Lynx history is coming back! 

@diamond_ace welcome to the team! it’s in great hands! I’ll miss it greatly.

Side note @Beaviss will be staying on as a advisor to @diamond_ace during this transition period.

Go :ott:

Technically, I'm not part of Lynx history, as they were named the Ice Dogs when I was GM of Ottawa before. Same team though - it would be like being GM of the Atlanta Thrashers then taking over the Winnipeg Jets years later

10 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

Technically, I'm not part of Lynx history, as they were named the Ice Dogs when I was GM of Ottawa before. Same team though - it would be like being GM of the Atlanta Thrashers then taking over the Winnipeg Jets years later

Still part of the team history

5 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

From Ottawa to another 16 seasons with Calgary...I see you.

No I'm not going back to VHL GMing, unless I'm in a situation like Beaviss was and stuck in it because the main GM is inactive. I always enjoyed VHLM GMing more

Just now, Bring Back Chat said:

good to see you back in the game @diamond_ace! And I love how @Beaviss refers to himself in the third person lol

Back to the beginning. Time to win 2 cups in 6 seasons - although now that there are only 5 teams, that's not as impressive

1 minute ago, Spade18 said:

goodbye my greatest rival @Beaviss :(

Hello my new greatest rival @diamond_ace :D Congrats on the hire!

You don't want any of this

http://www.vhlforum.com/topic/772-s21-champions-ottawa-ice-dogs/

http://www.vhlforum.com/topic/774-s23-champions-ottawa-ice-dogs/

1 minute ago, diamond_ace said:

Looks like a lot of stuff that happened before i  got here.... so I can pretend it didnt happen :D

1 minute ago, Spade18 said:

Looks like a lot of stuff that happened before i  got here.... so I can pretend it didnt happen :D

There was a span of 9 seasons, in an 8 team league, where every cup went to Ottawa/Saskatoon/Brampton but one. S26 Vasteras, one of the best regular season teams of all time, still managed to lose to Brampton. The guy who GMed Saskatoon in that span is the guy who the top GM trophy is named after...

Like I said though, S20s VHLM isn't the same league as S50s-60s VHLM. It'll still take a bit to get adjusted. At least for a while, I'd still give the edge to you and the others who are currently doing it.

1 minute ago, diamond_ace said:

There was a span of 9 seasons, in an 8 team league, where every cup went to Ottawa/Saskatoon/Brampton but one. S26 Vasteras, one of the best regular season teams of all time, still managed to lose to Brampton. The guy who GMed Saskatoon in that span is the guy who the top GM trophy is named after...

Like I said though, S20s VHLM isn't the same league as S50s-60s VHLM. It'll still take a bit to get adjusted. At least for a while, I'd still give the edge to you and the others who are currently doing it.

Yes. I'll take the edge....

*shoves one playoff round in two years behind a conveniently placed curtain*

26 minutes ago, Spade18 said:

Yes. I'll take the edge....

*shoves one playoff round in two years behind a conveniently placed curtain*

I wonder who will win all the awards this year ;)