Greetings from Chicago!!!

Vincebrown

Hello everyone!

My name is Alvin Washington. Just happened to stumble in here on a Google search and found this wonderful corner of the virtual sports world called the VHL. Congratulations on your 58th season and the exciting new changes set to come forth.

Not sure if you get incoming requests to do play by play often, but that is what I bring to the table. Don't worry, I'll be in character as well as my screen name will also be my "player name" once I finish this sonnet. But I do bring some credentials to the party.

I've been calling hockey for nearly 20 years, starting with a weekend trip in New England with my sister's alma mater, Cornell. There's not many like me who can say they started their hockey turn at two of the most prestigious schools in the U-S, but I think Harvard and Brown aren't too shabby, eh?

I also add high school hockey in my native Chicago to the ledger as well and for a season was the first and ONLY man of color to be play by play in Junior Tier 3 USA Hockey. I made the pilgrimage to the Schwan Super Rink in suburban Minneapolis for a couple of prospect showcases and was the preferred PBP man each trip.

Looking forward to learning all I can about this wonderful league and preparing for the upcoming season. Who knows... you could be hearing my voice recapping your game soon. For now, here's a brief sample of what I can bring to the VHL. #GAMEON

Thank you all for the introductions. I pride myself on being the very best at what I do. This is a chance to spread my wings in this sport a bit.

BTW, here's my broadcasting hero, former NHL goalie Kevin Weekes, the first man of color as primary studio analyst on the NHL Network...

Weekes_-_Smaller_Version.png

Welcome, man. 

Something like a PBP would be really neat in the playoffs. @Beketov@Will

I know the SHL does it - but usually there's tons of people watching and commenting.. we typically have -what? 4-7 comments on a playoff game as if no one cares? I don't think anyone except @hedgehog337 posted from Riga in games 3/4 - where 99% of Seattle was in every game. 

Could be a cool concept. +3 UNCAPPED bonus for a PBP. May bring more people into watch and add excitement! 

But the strange thing: it's all text. I'm talking about using the actual NHL 18 engine for REAL game action and PBP. I know, it's gonna take some time before we get to that point, even with this just being in the playoffs and the All-Star game, but I assure you, once you see it in action, you'll become hooked.

5 hours ago, Vincebrown said:

Thank you all for the introductions. I pride myself on being the very best at what I do. This is a chance to spread my wings in this sport a bit.

BTW, here's my broadcasting hero, former NHL goalie Kevin Weekes, the first man of color as primary studio analyst on the NHL Network...

Weekes_-_Smaller_Version.png

Kevin Weekes seems like a genuine nice guy always enjoyed him when he was on cbc