Thanks [1/2]

Banackock

You pretty much heard it all in the last article unless you did a quick skim or something without really reading. In which case, buckle up. The season was a big one for us Bears in Seattle and while I had a huge part to play in it being the GM and all, a lot went on behind the scenes that a lot of you don't know about. No, not me writing countless bio's, rookie reports and media spots - not even donating my own dollars, but something (and more) from each of the guys that are on the team right now. It's stupid to say because, well, no shit sherlock, but I couldn't have done it without these guys and all the help and sacrificing they made for the team this year. This is the furthest we've ever made it and as sad as it may seem to some people, it's the best season I've had yet as a manager. Pretty sad hey? Finals loss to Riga being the best. But hey, it is what it is and at the end of the day, the entirety of the season was awesome and fun. Without further a delay, let's get a little passion and mushy feelings flowing up in here.

@BluObieZ Firstly, thanks for the advice you gave this year. You set a brother straight sometimes and despite being a the beautiful dick you can be, I mean, fuck what some say. You're an amazing person to have on a team and the only ones who shit probably are the ones who haven't got to have it yet. He posts in every game thread, he's a team guy and he's a riot in the locker room. This season wouldn't have been as close to as fun without Robbie. Another thanks to showing your belief in the team, myself and wanting to be here by signing on. I appreciate it, dude.

@tfong You were a gamble that we took in a trade with Quebec. When I first had you with Kyanon, I really liked you on the Bears and really enjoyed what you brought to the team. The same shit applies here but you went above and beyond this time around to really help us out. Swapping to wing is something I can't really ask someone to do. It's your player after all, but you did it for us and it really went the extra mile in helping us. Moving your TPE around and blah blah - it helped huge. Also, for being a welfare player, you're not that bad. Ruutu may need to lay off a bit. :ph34r::lol:

@jRuutu We've spoken in LR already and have brought he mushiness up a level in there, but for the sake of it all, thanks dude. Leaving Quebec, a place you were so loyal to, that's big. Coming to Seattle, a mysterious place that the select few like to always shit on around the boards - that's maybe tough too. But you came in with open arms and I think based off our talks, your eyes opened to the fact that maybe people like Ahma, who log on once a blue moon, are maybe wrong. You added great advice to my crazy, over flowing mind - but you added so much to the locker room as well. I knew you from over in the GOMHL too, but not a whole lot. After this season, you became one of my favourite guys on the site. Thanks a lot dude for coming in, helping out and making Seattle a better and more fun place to be this season.

@Laflamme We'll keep it short and sweet. We talks privately a fair amount, but thanks for what you do. I know I'm your bitch with writing and all, but at the end of the day, it's worth it to have you pop in and be a part of what we got going on here. It's a bitch sometimes, so whenever you wanna surprise a brother with your very own media spot, fuck man I'll sleep good that night, lol. Joking aside though, fuck what people say. You're a Bear and I'm happy to have you here and to have you pop in when you can. That means more to me than most on this site, dude. 

@Dangles13 hi. shall we say we've helped you rise from the grave? or not yet?

@CowboyinAmerica My best player. My Connor "McAllister" McDavid, if you will. I'm sorry I'm such a shit GM. I try - if that matters. I've written thousand and thousand of words in rookie reports, bio's media spots just to help our boys. We almost made it all the way and just missed it. You though, without you, maybe we'd be fuck sooner. Throwing in lines for the team when I couldn't (bless shitty mac's and not being able to do the client), hell man, you saved our ass. Again, lots goes on behind closed doors that people don't know about. You post in every game thread - just like every captain around the boards - but this season, you stepped up huge (beyond anyone I seen) for us and to me, you're captain of the year. Thanks, man. You saved my/our ass!

@Green You're another one I talk to time from time behind closed doors and outside of the LR. Despite not being "best friends", I feel like I've known you for ages. I think it started in S15 or 16 of the SHL with the Hamilton Steelhawks. All those finals we almost won as me in lead.. and here we are once again - losing together in the finals just like old times. You lead a busy life, got your plate full and somehow still find time to come on and deal with my dumbass on the daily basis. I admire your strength and appreciate the time you bring to the site and to the team. We love you Green and are always here for you. :) 

@Banackock thanks for scoring some guls and playing some ok defence 

@TheLastOlympian07 Saving the best for last? It was pure luck bringing you in, but I figured round 2 with one of the legendary "Shawns" wouldn't be a bad thing. You've always not minded Seattle and always seem to fit in here. Don't know if it's me or Robbies Cocaine. Once again, you show loyalty to me and the bears by signing a longterm deal and I appreciate it that you find pity in your heart to help me, haha. Hopefully this time around we can find a cup together but you're tagged in the same boat as CBIA. I respect your guys thoughts a hell of a lot and have appreciated your thoughts and advise to this point :cheers: 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outside of that, I'd like to thank @Will for simming and somehow always finding a way to kick ass for the league, the rest of the blue team @Beketov and @Devise for putting up with my passionate ass, the updaters throughout the year @Kendrick @TheLastOlympian07 @CowboyinAmerica and whoever else for all the work they put in and everyone else that makes a strong difference around the site. The recruitment team has done a really good job thus far in bringing in some new members and with all the strong changes discussed in the BOG and league, the league is starting to maybe show some life again. HIP HIP HOORAY. Keep up the great work VHL.

TWO WEEKS for FORSBERG

Feb 5th to 11th

Feb 12th to 18th

Great work!

Not that it maybe matters too much, but I did not have anything negative to say about Seattle before I got into the team and that is the case season later, if anything - I highly recommend everybody to take the opportunity to play in Seattle and with these people if the chance ever comes in front of you. Great group of people and even better GM in charge, so thanks for bringing me into Seattle ;)

4 minutes ago, Tyler said:

no thanks for taking on all your shit contracts :cig:

All the excitement, stress and overwhelming adrenaline had depleted my brain to the point I forgot about one of our saviours. Bless you, Tyler, for saving my bacon as well. One day, I'll return the favour.

Srry 4 4gettin yah. :ph34r:

thnx to @DollarAndADream for throwing game 7 for us too while I'm at it #VHLConspiracy

7 minutes ago, Banackock said:

All the excitement, stress and overwhelming adrenaline had depleted my brain to the point I forgot about one of our saviours. Bless you, Tyler, for saving my bacon as well. One day, I'll return the favour.

Srry 4 4gettin yah. :ph34r:

thnx to @DollarAndADream for throwing game 7 for us too while I'm at it #VHLConspiracy

its all good haha

• 1 month later...