Toronto Legion Weekly Presser

1. Definitely patience. 

2. I definitely didn't mind the shake up.. just don't make promises. Just be honest if u can give more minutes or not.

3. Keep earning,practicing, and play like a team.

4. Never a bad moment when u can put up 8 goals in a game.

5. Like a 3 I knew we have the guys to turn it around 

6. Absolutely I believe we can an will climb back up in the conference.  We are a strong team that can over come any obstacle

1. A win... finally! What can we learn from the 8L streak we endured?
Not really much we can learn other than to be patient, things took a nosedive after that massive trade and although I love the guys we received it is a bit odd to make a big trade when things were going smooth and the idea was to try to compete with what we got and grow naturally.

2. The lines were shaken up, promised to players regarding lines and ice time were broken, so was the W worth it?
Promises > Wins. Never a fan of breaking promises when we're supposed to be a tight-knit group that is all in this together. I've seen a few things that I'm not a huge fan of lately, but broken promises is the hardest one to see.

3. The EU Conference has been destroying Toronto. What do you think we can do to improve ourselves? 

Keep up with the original idea of growing naturally, let the season progress until the young guys grow and develop further while still trying to compete the best we can.

4. One of our dominating wins was a 8-3 W. Did you enjoy that game... was it fun to participate in?

Yup always feels good to absolute gob smack an opponent 🦾

5. On a scale of 1-10 where was your panic level during the 8L streak?

1. Honestly wasn't too panicked as I think we were overachieving a bit with how good we were doing to start the season, and the big trade probably had an effect on the team chemistry in the simulation so I figured it would happen after the trade.

6. Do you think we can climb back up the NA Conference?

We'll see how it goes, I honestly thought we'd be in the top 4 or the top 3 at the start of the season and I figure we might be able to get the same by the end.

5 hours ago, Peace said:

We did it! I may have jynx'd us though...

2. The lines were shaken up, promised to players regarding lines and ice time were broken, so was the W worth it?

3. The EU Conference has been destroying Toronto. What do you think we can do to improve ourselves? 

4. One of our dominating wins was a 8-3 W. Did you enjoy that game... was it fun to participate in?

@McWolf @Smarch @osens @BOOM @NickSunderbruch @Rayzor_7 @rjfryman @Webberj

@Poptart @fromtheinside @DoktorFunk @Juice

@ROOKIE745 @hedgehog337

1. How NOT to set the lines lol

2. I think so. I believe in the team success over individual success

3. Bribe Simon T

4. It was a lot of fun. It's always nice when you have a game like that!

5. 2 lol

6. I believe in TORONTO!!!

On 4/9/2021 at 10:24 AM, Peace said:

@ROOKIE745 @hedgehog337

1. I think we learned that we're not unbeatable, the loss streak came after a bunch of wins and high morale. It was a test.

2. The win as absolutely worth it, we learned how to win again.

3. Just keep playing our game and changing lines when they stop working.

4. Every win is fun, I enjoy every game we play, but an 8-3 win was just fun to be in.

5. about a solid 6 or 7.

6. Of course, only half the season is gone by really, we can come back easy.

On 4/9/2021 at 7:24 AM, Peace said:

@ROOKIE745 @hedgehog337

1. Can learn how not to do that again, I hope.

2. I would yes.... but I am the goalie and playtime is always gonna be basically the same for me. We should all be working together for the W though imo ^^''

3. Play better.... but otherwise just shake up the lines I guess.

4. Yes, I got to make 46 saves!!

5. I'd say 4.5, I was pretty confident we'd stop it.

6. Yes, 110% believe we can!!

1. A win... finally! What can we learn from the 8L streak we endured?

Well that’s hockey and sports in general. We need to understand tough times will happen, but overall it was likely the best time to happen instead of beginning/end of season.

I mean, I wish we didn’t have to make promises to players. I understand both sides from players and management, but I want to win more than anything.

The EU has been getting the better of many NA teams, they have two of the best teams in the league, nothing much you can do other than come to play each game. 

Sure, I mean you still also feel bad for the other guys as professionals, cause we all know what the next practice for them will be like. 

1. again it’s hockey and they way she goes bud. 

I don’t think we can move much other than third now after that mini slump, but anything can happen. 

Well, after all bad things comes something good, and it finally came. Better sooner than later.

Yes, because you have to change stuff to win and I feel like GM did the right thing shaking them up, and it was a very satisfying W.

I don't know. Probably play better.

Of course it's fun when you don't have to worry about score being close.

1, because I believe in our team.

Of course we can, we just have to play better.

1. A win... finally! What can we learn from the 8L streak we endured?

We can learn to be patient as our builds develop into the players we hope to be.

Don't want to create any friction but if we discuss plans and lines in the LR, we should try to stick with them to avoid disappointment.

Defect to Europe so we can be beaten in-conference? They are strong so no shame in having issues against them.

Of course. Who wouldn't want to be a part of a great win like that?

0.7 I think. If it happens it happens. No sense in reacting like that. 

Of course. It may be gradual, but I think we can get some places back and be a factor at the end of the season.

It's late in the week so I apologize for the delay. 

1. Toronto has scored 198 goals so far this season. This is good for third in the entire league... how do you feel about that?

2. Toronto currently sits sixth in goals against. How does this reflect our defensive efforts? 

3. Hextall is one win away from 200 career victories with the Toronto Legion (and his career). What team do you think we defeat for win #200? 

4. How many more fights do you think Lester Green will participate in before the end of the season? 

5. Who is the next player to get a game misconduct? 

6. If you were stuck on an remote Island and could choose a member of the Legion to be stranded with you.. who would it be? 

@ROOKIE745 @hedgehog337

6 hours ago, Peace said:

1. Toronto has scored 198 goals so far this season. This is good for third in the entire league... how do you feel about that?

2. Toronto currently sits sixth in goals against. How does this reflect our defensive efforts? 

3. Hextall is one win away from 200 career victories with the Toronto Legion (and his career). What team do you think we defeat for win #200? 

4. How many more fights do you think Lester Green will participate in before the end of the season? 

6. If you were stuck on an remote Island and could choose a member of the Legion to be stranded with you.. who would it be? 

@ROOKIE745 @hedgehog337

1. Impressive and makes sense to me, I think we have great depth.

2. Decently well, I thin were even better than sixth though!!

3. Well I feel confident in our next two games so New York? It would be fun if it was against one of the other Canadian teams.

4. I'll say between 10-15 more?

5. How abut mister Funk?

6. Smarch for sure ^^

Who doesn't like a good offense. I'm a defenseman and my main job is  to help prevent goals from happening, but it sure is nice to see our team stack em up!

Definitely it's a little worrisome. We have two amazing goalies on our team, so it's up to me and the rest of the guys to help them out more and keep the pucks outta the net. It's a team effort for sure.

Probably today. We seem to be good for a split more often than not most days, so hopefully when the sims come in today it will be a milestone moment for Rookie!

As many as it takes. The other teams need to learn not to mess with Smarch. He has a kind and cool demeanor but he is a fucking pitbull on the ice and he will end you.

Probably Boom or Nicky-boy. Those guy are scrappy, I wouldn't put it past them to do something to rile somebody up.

There's a ton of great options, but you know I'd be lying if I didn't go with my boy Juice. Give us Spotify and we would be set.

1. I feel great the offense works well together.

2. Sixth isn't to bad. Great goaltending helps..

3. Hopefully today against New York. 

4. As many as his little heart desires.lol

5. Hopefully nobody... don't wanna lose anyone .. could hurt us in that game.

6. Hextall he probably has some good stories on his excellent career.

On 4/17/2021 at 9:49 AM, Peace said:

@ROOKIE745 @hedgehog337

1. I feel pretty good about it, I like what we've been doing. 

2. Our defense has been pretty damn good, 6th in goals against doesn't mean much tbh.

3. I'm writing this after he did it. So I'm not at liberty to spoil that. 

4. Another 5 at the least 

5. Green is likely, he likes kicking ass. 

6. I'd have to say Scotty, mans is a legend. 

Our offense has been spectacular and a big part of it is our elite defense that helps our offense. I think we have all of the defenseman in top 20 of defense scoring.
I feel like our defense is more offensive based and that is completely normal and great, because if we can score more goals then we let in - we win!
I think we got it already, but I am not sure what team it was.
Hopefully not more than me, I want to fight a lot too! Leave some bodies for others.
ME! I want to return to my VHLM style.

My choice would be Rayzor so I could drill how Marauders were better than his VHLM team..

1. Toronto has scored 198 goals so far this season. This is good for third in the entire league... how do you feel about that?

We have done a lot is scoring by committee, which is nice and hopefully we can continue. 

We have a good defensive core, but as forwards we need to help out some more. 

I cannot remember off the top off my head who he got it against, but it’s nice to see his hard work not go to waste stat wise. 

Hopefully not many more. 5 fights a year for the majority of my PIMS is fine. 

Hextall, put the league in notice,  

Juice, he seems decent enough to let me be the cannibal.

No other way to feel except happy. It's good to see lines producing results and getting the players some decent stats.

Our defense is just fine. They do a great job every game and the opposition in this league is of an incredibly high standard. Goals are going to be scored. 

This has already happened and it's a great achievement for Hextall(and Rookie). He's kept us in it and given us a chance to see the post season.

Maybe one or tow, as opposing players will have seen enough of Green now, to try and avoid his fists of fury.

Odinsson, and there's a certain player I'm targeting. Fuck gender equality...if you step onto the ice in the VHL, you are fair game.

Pass. I'd prefer to be alone. If there was someone else, I'd probably end up killing them because they annoyed me.

@McWolf @Peace @osens@BOOM@NickSunderbruch @Toast @rjfryman@Webberj

@Poptart @fromtheinside @DoktorFunk@Juice

@ROOKIE745 @hedgehog337

1. Toronto currently sits In 1st in the NA conference. Did you honestly expect us to be here at this point in the season.

2. What was your thoughts on the deadline move the Legion made?

3. If you could bring over one player from any roster, who and why?

4. What are you getting Hextall as a retirement present?

5. Oh Sens currently leads the team with 76 points. Do you think he breaks his first 100 point season this year?

6. End of season predictions for the NA conference?

Edited by Smarch

1 hour ago, Smarch said:

@ROOKIE745 @hedgehog337

1. Toronto currently sits I. 1st in the NA conference. Did you honestly expect us to be here at this point in the season.

5. Oh Sens currently leads the team with 76 points. Do you think he breaks his first 100 point season this year?

1. I expected us to be fighting to make the playoffs but we've been fantastic this season, I'm very glad.

2. I think it was a good trade, sad to see a player leave but always happy to welcome new ones.

3. Letang, he'd probably probably like it here.

4. A cup, next question.

5. Possibly, good amount of time to, but not a lot.

6. We win it, easy.

1. Toronto currently sits In 1st in the NA conference. Did you honestly expect us to be here at this point in the season.

No, and especially not after our long losing skid there a couple weeks ago. But it looks like we are heating up at the right time and that's what matters.

I was definitely surprised... but at the same time I guess I shouldn't be. Rayz wasn't getting much playing time here, and he ended up back in his original home in Seattle so I'm sure he is happy there. I liked having him on the team, but I am also excited to bring in Phoenix Dawson.

Either Addison McLaren or Dakota Lamb. McLaren is a friend I've made since joining the VHL, and he is super chill. Lamb is tight with Juice, and I think it would be a ton of fun uniting them.

A Continental Cup Trophy 

He would really need to tear it up in this final stretch, I think realistically no, but that doesn't take away from his awesome performance this season.

I looked ahead at our schedule to finish out the season, I think it's possible we could stcik as the 1 seed, but who knows.

On 4/20/2021 at 8:49 PM, Smarch said:

@ROOKIE745 @hedgehog337

1. Not really! We've been on a hell of a run!

2. I think they were good moves! They've worked out so far!

3. Andrew Su! I love him!

4. Obviously a Continental Cup, duh!

5. He's got a steep hill ahead, but he can do it!

6. I think we'll stay on top, but barely!

On 4/20/2021 at 6:49 PM, Smarch said:

@ROOKIE745 @hedgehog337

1.  I can't say I did, i is quite the surprise, see if we keep first after the final games.

2. I miss Funk DX

3. Killinger cause he deserves to be here, and would be nice to have Peace's player.

4. Can I get myself a retirement gift? Can I get myself a cup?

5. unlikely not DX

6. Pretty much the same as it is right now.

1. It's nice to see the success of the team since joining. I think we'll hold on to first despite the couple losses we've had recently. 

2. I hope everyone is happy with me so far! Toronto LR is great and I'm excited for the future of the team.

3. Nathan Perry to recreate the chemistry that we had in Miami. 

4. A Continental Cup!

5. I don't think there is enough time for 100 points this season but it is an awfully impressive season regardless. 

6. Toronto 1st is all that matters.

1. Not at all.. but it's nice to see hard work payoff..

2. I love the addition of Dawson. He seems to fit in well 

3. It doesn't matter to me 

4. A championship 

5. I don't think so but I will be close.

6.  I believe we hold on to first place 

In reality no, but I thought we could(and would) surprise some doubters this season. Glad to see we could improve from last season.

It's been great adding Dawson(Toast) to the roster. He's fit in seamlessly and his talent on the ice is evident for all to see. He makes us better.

L, because then we'd have someone else to do GFX 😄

Whatever he bloody wants!

I think he will just short in my opinion. Regardless, he's had a great season to help us get to this point.

The Phoenix will rise to the top, but we will definitely finish above Seattle.

1. Seattle vs. Toronto is a rematch of S74; are you excited? 

2. This series is also represented individually! Dawson faces his previous team, and former Legion Frank Funk Jr will be in town. Who do you think performs better between the two? 

3. How do you feel about Toronto's 40-25-7 record to end the regular season? 

4. Toronto started 15-15-6 after the first thirty six games... and finished the second leg of the season 25-10-1. From your perspective as a roster player: What change kick started a successful second half of S77? 

5. Are there any other storylines you're looking forward too during the post season? Doesn't have to be Seattle - Toronto related.

6. Are you following the VHLM playoffs at all? 

@ROOKIE745 @hedgehog337