Toronto Legion Weekly Presser

1. It's finally the off-season!! What are you looking forward to the most before the new season begins?

Training with my new teammates in Toronto. Also seeing how the new hybrid system looks in pre season games.

2. Are you participating in any of the tournaments going on over the off-season?

Moreau will represent Canada at the WC. At the time of writing this, things are not going well.

3. A big trade with the Moscow Menace brought over Paul Atreides @Mr_Hatter and Aurelien Moreau @Frank in a bid to make Toronto more competitive. What do you think this does for their chances in Season 83?

Hopefully we can bring an end to Toronto's cup drought.

4. The Chicago Phoenix secured the first overall pick in the S83 VHL Draft Lottery. Who do you think they will make the first overall pick of the Season 83 VHL Entry Draft?

i think they take Fuhr after the success they had with Camus.

5. How is your planning going for the new attributes?

Spent a few days messing with the tpa tool and I think I found a sweet spot. But if pre season goes poorly I might have to reroll.

6. How do you feel the new attributes will affect the VHFL this season?

I think there will be a lot more parity. But high tpe earners will still have top players.

Season 83: VHL Draft Edition Presser:

1. With the 7th overall pick, the Toronto Legion selected defenseman Ryuji Sakamoto @der meistercontinuing Toronto's recent trend of selecting defensemen in the first round. What do you feel Sakamoto can bring to this roster when he makes the leap to the VHL?

2. At 25th overall, Toronto was thrilled to select Calen McKay @Kendrick, a talented center prospect with a very high ceiling and a rich background in VHL lore. Can we expect McKay to be a big-time steal for the Legion?

3. With the 55th overall selection, the Legion selected a potential diamond in the rough with Alexandre Forgues @Alex99, who is slated to play in the VHLM this season, but as an active player, has the potential to eventually factor into Toronto's plans. Any suggestions for ways Forgues can make his way to the pros?

4. On top of the VHL Draft, Toronto GM Thomas Landry II has been busy this off-season, and has led Team USA to the Gold Medal Game in the World Cup, facing off against Toronto goaltender Oskar Lindbergh and Team Nordic. Who are you pulling for in this one?

5. It's an off day for you and coach tells you that you can eat whatever you want. What are you grabbing for dinner?

6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

1 - hopefully a lot, and I love up to everyone's expectations!

2 - Kendrick at 25 is absolutely absurd. Even if he's half the player he's made in the past, it's a steal.

3 - keep the grind going, Alex. Even 8 tpe a week or welfare + practice facility is enough to make an effect player.

4 - I'm not gonna get involved but that's pretty cool.

5 - mushroom/onion/banana pepper pizza with a peanut butter and banana smoothie 

6 - probably Scotland, though I've never been there. Maybe Austria but I worry about their politics.

Season 83: VHL Draft Edition Presser:

1. With the 7th overall pick, the Toronto Legion selected defenseman Ryuji Sakamoto @der meistercontinuing Toronto's recent trend of selecting defensemen in the first round. What do you feel Sakamoto can bring to this roster when he makes the leap to the VHL?

He's going to be a stud.  I've said it in previous press conferences.  He has what it takes to be a champ.

2. At 25th overall, Toronto was thrilled to select Calen McKay @Kendrick, a talented center prospect with a very high ceiling and a rich background in VHL lore. Can we expect McKay to be a big-time steal for the Legion?

Yes we can.  It's about time Toronto starts getting steals in the draft with quality players.

3. With the 55th overall selection, the Legion selected a potential diamond in the rough with Alexandre Forgues @Alex99, who is slated to play in the VHLM this season, but as an active player, has the potential to eventually factor into Toronto's plans. Any suggestions for ways Forgues can make his way to the pros?

Stay consistent in training and be adventurous sometimes, earning a little bit extra from time to time.  The points add up to a VHL player.

4. On top of the VHL Draft, Toronto GM Thomas Landry II has been busy this off-season, and has led Team USA to the Gold Medal Game in the World Cup, facing off against Toronto goaltender Oskar Lindbergh and Team Nordic. Who are you pulling for in this one?

I'm not really following the extracurriculars, but what the heck: Landry or Lindbergh winning is a win for Toronto either way.

5. It's an off day for you and coach tells you that you can eat whatever you want. What are you grabbing for dinner?

Pizza.  POUTINE.  

Cayman Islands!

On 4/6/2022 at 8:56 AM, Doomsday said:

1. With the 7th overall pick, the Toronto Legion selected defenseman Ryuji Sakamoto @der meistercontinuing Toronto's recent trend of selecting defensemen in the first round. What do you feel Sakamoto can bring to this roster when he makes the leap to the VHL?

2. At 25th overall, Toronto was thrilled to select Calen McKay @Kendrick, a talented center prospect with a very high ceiling and a rich background in VHL lore. Can we expect McKay to be a big-time steal for the Legion?

3. With the 55th overall selection, the Legion selected a potential diamond in the rough with Alexandre Forgues @Alex99, who is slated to play in the VHLM this season, but as an active player, has the potential to eventually factor into Toronto's plans. Any suggestions for ways Forgues can make his way to the pros?

4. On top of the VHL Draft, Toronto GM Thomas Landry II has been busy this off-season, and has led Team USA to the Gold Medal Game in the World Cup, facing off against Toronto goaltender Oskar Lindbergh and Team Nordic. Who are you pulling for in this one?

5. It's an off day for you and coach tells you that you can eat whatever you want. What are you grabbing for dinner?

1. Looks like a stay at home D-man, should be great for the blue line, help shut down plays by the other team.

2. I mean here's to hoping so right? Idk the guy but I hope he does turn into that awesome player you guys could use.

3. Choose your pace, learn the systems, ask for help. Just do easy stuff like practice and welfare, pressers and trivia. That can do a lot for ya.

4. Gonna have to go with team Nordic, cause why not?

5. Boston pizza, ya I know I'm boring.

6. I'd stay here in Canada, again ya I know I'm boring.

On 4/6/2022 at 8:56 AM, Doomsday said:

1) Top quality user that can build a solid player, looking forward to it!

2) I think they have all the possibility to be a steal. 

3) He just needs to keep grinding and he can always make his way up to the pros. 

4) As a European player, I have to vote against USA, sorry ;)

5) one big ol pizza baby.

6) probably Arrakkis. The spice must flow 

1. With the 7th overall pick, the Toronto Legion selected defenseman Ryuji Sakamoto @der meistercontinuing Toronto's recent trend of selecting defensemen in the first round. What do you feel Sakamoto can bring to this roster when he makes the leap to the VHL?

Should easily become a too 2 defender on Toronto. Would love to see a Moreau - Sakamoto pairing.

2. At 25th overall, Toronto was thrilled to select Calen McKay @Kendrick, a talented center prospect with a very high ceiling and a rich background in VHL lore. Can we expect McKay to be a big-time steal for the Legion?

If he can find it in himself to update his players like he used to he could be the steal of the draft. Kameron Taylor resurrected. 

3. With the 55th overall selection, the Legion selected a potential diamond in the rough with Alexandre Forgues @Alex99, who is slated to play in the VHLM this season, but as an active player, has the potential to eventually factor into Toronto's plans. Any suggestions for ways Forgues can make his way to the pros?

Just keep updating consistently and even more so then you do now and you'll be a star in the VHL in no time. Was disappointed that San Diego missed out on him in the VHLM draft.

4. On top of the VHL Draft, Toronto GM Thomas Landry II has been busy this off-season, and has led Team USA to the Gold Medal Game in the World Cup, facing off against Toronto goaltender Oskar Lindbergh and Team Nordic. Who are you pulling for in this one?

Lindbergh. Always have your teammates back even when the GM betrays him. ;)

5. It's an off day for you and coach tells you that you can eat whatever you want. What are you grabbing for dinner?

Sushi. As much high quality sashimi Nd fancy rolls I can get. And I'll wash it down with sapporo.

6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

The place where wages are good and the cost of living allows you to actually have a life and hobbies and the chance of buying a home. 

Season 83 Off-Season Continues Presser:

1. Following the draft, undrafted free agent @Brodie_Landry III signed with Toronto, giving the Legion four new prospects this season. What's something he could do to eventually make the leap to the VHL?

2. What are your opinions on Toronto's logo? Do you think there is a need for a re-design?

3. In your opinion, what is the most iconic VHL logo?

4. What video game, book, or other form of media are you really into right now?

5. There will a VHL preseason this season as the league enters the hybrid era. What are you hoping to accomplish during the preseason?

6. Opening Day of the MLB season was last week! What team were you cheering on?

1. Following the draft, undrafted free agent @Brodie_Landry III signed with Toronto, giving the Legion four new prospects this season. What's something he could do to eventually make the leap to the VHL?

Keep earning consistently.  He could be a dark horse to make the team, but sometimes those players can be difference makers, ya know?

2. What are your opinions on Toronto's logo? Do you think there is a need for a re-design?

I just never understood a bird representing a Legion, but hey that doesn't mean it doesn't look cool amirite?

Probably the Seattle Bears.  Not sure why, it's one of the original logos, no?

Messing around with Humankind and City Game studio, those are pretty fun so far.  Looking at Asseto Corsa as well.

5. There will a VHL preseason this season as the league enters the hybrid era. What are you hoping to accomplish during the preseason?

Establishing dominance early.  We have a top tier squad, what could go wrong?

I don't follow baseball, but I hear the Blue Jays are doing alright?

Edited by MattyFired

On 4/13/2022 at 10:54 AM, Doomsday said:

1. Following the draft, undrafted free agent @Brodie_Landry III signed with Toronto, giving the Legion four new prospects this season. What's something he could do to eventually make the leap to the VHL?

5. There will a VHL preseason this season as the league enters the hybrid era. What are you hoping to accomplish during the preseason?

1. I would say just grow along with the prospects in the system already. Become acquainted with the fellow prospects and grow together is the best thing, because it builds on-ice chemistry.

2. I think Toronto is actually a step above many of the Logos in the league. Its the one team that could probably keep the money

3. The Cologne Express...But hey I don't want to open that can of words

4. I'm really into a series on Netflix called Unbelievable, its about a rape victim who wasn't believed (kind of gives you a bit of info regarding statements of abused)

5. I'm hooping to sort out what exactly I need to do to produce in the hybrid area and see if anything needs to be tweaked.

6. I'm a Rockies fan so I was excited to see Kris Bryant, but I didn't not expect the start we've had as a team.

Season 83 Opening Night Presser:

1. On Wednesday, the 83rd season of the VHL will officially begin. What predictions do you have for the upcoming season?

2. What do you think of the league rolling out preseason sims this season?

3. Speaking of the preseason, how has it gone for you so far?

4. What player do you believe will have the biggest impact for Toronto this season?

5. You've been given a lightsaber for some reason. What color do you decide to make it?

6. What do you think is the most difficult thing to do in any sport?

1 - predictions? Toronto gonna win it all, the beginning of an unprecedented 8 straight titles.

2 - I dig it. As a former SHL GM, I always found preseason valuable for chemistry purposes.

3 - Individually, not bad. See the .com I'll be posting later.

4 - Probably Hatter's guy. Time to shine!

5 - Black as my soul.

6 - oh wow. I mean, individual records not withstanding (50 in 39? No way...), I might say a hole in one on a PGA hole. Or probably returning a Federer serve.

1. On Wednesday, the 83rd season of the VHL will officially begin. What predictions do you have for the upcoming season?

I predict the Legion will be a contender for the cup and Lindbergh will be in the conversation for top goalie. Moreau ends the season a plus player.

Good idea.  I like the results so far for the most part but they do favour the goalies a bit too much. But I also think that's karma for goalies having 3+ gaa stat lines.

Decent. I think the only issue so far with Moreau is maybe needing to provide a bit more offense especially at 1000 tpa and his cap number.

4. What player do you believe will have the biggest impact for Toronto this season?

Atreides. Now that he's out from the shadow of Idaho. He should have a career season.

5. You've been given a lightsaber for some reason. What color do you decide to make it?

Purple. Always thought it was unique since Sammy J was the only one wielding it.

6. What do you think is the most difficult thing to do in any sport?

Endurance. Giving that little bit extra when your opponent is equal to or better than you or your team.

Season 83 Opening Night Presser:

I'm hoping a top 3 finish in the conference and a Finals appearance, beating whoever dares challenge us.

It was a bit weird, quite top heavy.  I think it will sort it self out though.

It went by alright, we had some guys like Atreides and Moreau that made their presence felt early.  I'm hoping that continues!

Lindbergh.  He's been super focused and it shows.  If we get far, it'll be due to his heroics.

Crimson Red.

6. What do you think is the most difficult thing to do in any sport?

Probably the laser-focus part.  It's harder for some to learn that, but some athletes just have that 'it' factor.  

Season 83 Week 2 Presser:

1. Season 83 is officially underway, and Toronto currently sits at 2nd in the North American Conference. How do you feel about the Legion's start so far?

2. Off-season acquisition Paul Atreides @Mr_Hatter has been leading the charge with 23 points in 15 games. Why is he so awesome right now?

3. What are your thoughts on the new hybrid era of the VHL so far?

4. Ryuji Sakamoto @der meister, Phoebe Bridgers @GrittyIsKing, and Alexandre Forgues @Alex99 are putting on quite a show in the VHLE and VHLM so far. What do you think about seeing the youngsters in the pipeline doing well?

5. What fictional universe would you want to live in?

6. What is your beverage of choice (not necessarily an adult beverage, but it could be)?

Season 83 Week 2 Presser:

1. Season 83 is officially underway, and Toronto currently sits at 2nd in the North American Conference. How do you feel about the Legion's start so far?

Superb, I'm glad with the groups' effort and I knew we had fight in us to get to this point.

2. Off-season acquisition Paul Atreides @Mr_Hatter has been leading the charge with 23 points in 15 games. Why is he so awesome right now?

He took my spot on the top line, that's why.

3. What are your thoughts on the new hybrid era of the VHL so far?

Meh, it's still weird.  It's as if I'm not playing how I want to be.

4. Ryuji Sakamoto @der meister, Phoebe Bridgers @GrittyIsKing, and Alexandre Forgues @Alex99 are putting on quite a show in the VHLE and VHLM so far. What do you think about seeing the youngsters in the pipeline doing well?

Some rookies are going to put some veterans out of a job in the coming season(s)

5. What fictional universe would you want to live in?

Not the Metaverse.  Maybe in Sword Art Online's universe?

6. What is your beverage of choice (not necessarily an adult beverage, but it could be)?

I'm turning 40 in a few months, but I still like a glass of chocolate milk before bed.  It's the only habit I kept since I'm young.

Season 83, Week 3 Presser: On Fire Edition 🔥

1. Toronto has now won seven games in a row,  with just one back-up start remaining for TOR G. The Legion are seven points behind the Seattle Bears, can they overtake them?

2. Paul Atreides @Mr_Hatter was selected as the Toronto representative to the VHL All-Star Game, with Oskar Lindbergh and Aurelien Moreau on the ballot to join him. Which do you see making the cut?

3. What VHL team has been the biggest surprise this season (for better or worse)?

4. The Stanley Cup Playoffs are underway, who's winning the Cup?

5. What are your thoughts on the forum content boon of the #FreeJoey movement?

6. What do you think is the most thankless job in the VHL?

1. yessir we're goin too.

2. think oskar, buddy been crazy lately

3. i dont pay attention to other teams

4. colorado 

5. i am not aware of it

6. i imagine GMing, can be thankless in certain situation, its not a real job your payed for but im certain dealing with some people on teams prob make it feel like one

1. Toronto has now won seven games in a row,  with just one back-up start remaining for TOR G. The Legion are seven points behind the Seattle Bears, can they overtake them?

We can, if we play well enough and if Seattle gets complacent.  They look like the team to beat in our conference, so we have our hands full.

2. Paul Atreides @Mr_Hatter was selected as the Toronto representative to the VHL All-Star Game, with Oskar Lindbergh and Aurelien Moreau on the ballot to join him. Which do you see making the cut?

Honestly, either guy is deserving of that honor.  They play like masters of their position, so there's no wrong choice.

3. What VHL team has been the biggest surprise this season (for better or worse)?

I thought Helsinki would be better and London would be worse, but London has good defense so there's that.

Avalanche.

Who the heck is Joey?

6. What do you think is the most thankless job in the VHL?

I've been an AGM and worked for VSN as a head scout and yeah there was little to no recognition for that so yeah.

I hope we can but it's always hard to play catch up. I'd be interested to see which team has a more difficult schedule down the stretch.

2. Paul Atreides @Mr_Hatter was selected as the Toronto representative to the VHL All-Star Game, with Oskar Lindbergh and Aurelien Moreau on the ballot to join him. Which do you see making the cut?

This is totally not hindsight, but both will make the cut.

I'm surprised Helsinki hasn't done better.

I'm picking Tampa for the three peat 

Always nice to see a spike in forum activity. Although the user received a tpe ban I could see them picking up their activity. 

6. What do you think is the most thankless job in the VHL?

Any job that pays less than 12 a week.

Season 83, Week 4 Presser:

1. Paul Atreides @Mr_Hatter, Aurelien Moreau @Frank, and Oskar Lindbergh were selected to the VHL All-Star Game, and Ryuji Sakamoto @der meister represented Toronto at the Top Prospects Game. What did you think about Toronto's representation at this event?

2. With TOR G's eight starts in the books, how did the AI backup perform this season?

3. What's the secret to success in the hybrid era?

4. What's your favorite aspect of the spring weather?

5. What's a skill you wish you could learn and master overnight?

6. What's the silliest thing you've ever seen or heard about in the VHL?

Season 83, Week 4 Presser:

1. Paul Atreides @Mr_Hatter, Aurelien Moreau @Frank, and Oskar Lindbergh were selected to the VHL All-Star Game, and Ryuji Sakamoto @der meister represented Toronto at the Top Prospects Game. What did you think about Toronto's representation at this event?

Pretty great honestly.  They're all top-tier players in their leagues so it's great that Toronto has good representation.

2. With TOR G's eight starts in the books, how did the AI backup perform this season?

Not too bad honestly, Torg got the job done.  We're going to see him in action if Lindy isn't feeling it.

3. What's the secret to success in the hybrid era?

I don't know. I'm not having any really, so no comment.

4. What's your favorite aspect of the spring weather?

The scent of fresh rain and cut grass is a welcome change to the sound of crunching in snow or splashing of slush

5. What's a skill you wish you could learn and master overnight?

Oof, this could take awhile... um.. probably shoot the puck better like I used to.

6. What's the silliest thing you've ever seen or heard about in the VHL?

My ban.  Silly as fuck

Season 83, Week 5 Presser:

1. Season 83 is very quickly reaching the end of the regular season, how has it treated you to this point?

2. The trade deadline came and went with relatively little fanfare, with no blockbuster trades to speak of. Did this surprise you at all?

3. We've gotten a first peek at the prospects of the Season 85 draft class, which one do you think will be jewel of the group?

4. Who's a VHL member that you feel doesn't get enough credit for all they do?

5. What VHL team haven't you played for that you'd really like to get the chance to with a future player?

6. What do you think is the most impressive record in the VHL?

1. Season 83 is very quickly reaching the end of the regular season, how has it treated you to this point?

it's gone by quick after the off season kind of dragged a long. Couldn' t ask for a better season out of Moreau. Hopefully we're saving ourselves for the playoffs.

2. The trade deadline came and went with relatively little fanfare, with no blockbuster trades to speak of. Did this surprise you at all?

Not really most teams made their moves in the off season and were capped out. 

3. We've gotten a first peek at the prospects of the Season 85 draft class, which one do you think will be jewel of the group?

Too early to tell. Ask me again at the start of Season 85.

4. Who's a VHL member that you feel doesn't get enough credit for all they do?

@youloser1337 for the way he changed fantasy zone. Hopefully they stick around and keep doing what they're doing.

5. What VHL team haven't you played for that you'd really like to get the chance to with a future player?

I think Prague would be my top choice right now. What an interesting colour scheme.

6. What do you think is the most impressive record in the VHL?

Scotty Campbells unbeatable records. Whether he rigged the sim or not is another story.