Toronto Legion Weekly Presser

On 6/19/2018 at 6:22 PM, DollarAndADream said:

:tor::tor:Toronto Legion Weekly Presser:tor::tor:

REBUILD, NATION.

**All Legion members and others if you choose, if you need questions for Press Conferences for more TPE, then you can answer the ones I post in here.**

• Unrelated to the VHL, which country to you think will win the soccer World Cup?
  • This far into the season, which player surprises you most in the VHL?
  • After seeing the early performances, who do you think has the best shot at rookie of the year?
  • Who is the MVP of their team so far?
  • How do you expect Keaton Louth to perform now that he switched from D to RW?
  • Who do you think wins rookie of the year in the NHL?
  •  

1. I still got money on Germany, but who knows at this point

2. The Charm has been doing really well, ridiculously well.

3. Still would say Zhields, he's got that skill and depth.

4. The Charm MVP for his team no doubt - guy is rocking it.

5. Keaton Louth? Guy is dirt nasty, he's gonna score whenever the fuck he wants.

6. Lmao, I am a bit late for this - but for next year a quick shoutout to my boy Rasmus Dahlin.

2 hours ago, Barracuda said:

1. I think that Japan will win the soccer World Cup.

2. I think the player that surprises me most this far in the VHL is Markus King.

3. I think the player that has the best shot at rookie of the year is Markus King.

4. I think the MVP on our team would have to be Sebastian Ironside.

5. I believe that Keaton Louth will play much better than he did before.

6. I think the player  that wins Rookie of the year in the NHL is Mathew Barzal.

Markus King is not a rookie! :P He's in his final season in the VHL. He's played 8 seasons already. 

Also, Barzal won rookie of the year already.....since 2 days ago. :lol: 

REBUILD, NATION.

**All Legion members and others if you choose, if you need questions for Press Conferences for more TPE, then you can answer the ones I post in here.**

• Who wins the cup in the NHL next season?
  • Another NHL related question, where do you think John Tavares will sign? His current potential suitors are Dallas, Boston, San Jose, Toronto, Tampa, and NYI
  • Who wins the VHL scoring race by season's end? It's very close with no one running away with it.
  • Looking at the rookies after almost 20 games, who do you think takes home rookie of the year?
  • Which newer VHL member do you expect to stay super active and make a great player?
  • Are you fine with your own player's performance so far?

@bukss_a@Shaka@Jepox@Molholt@124715@iRockstar@troy@pennypenny@Barracuda@Broalie34@10293lolo 2nd

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 7:18 PM, DollarAndADream said:

REBUILD, NATION.

• Another NHL related question, where do you think John Tavares will sign? His current potential suitors are Dallas, Boston, San Jose, Toronto, Tampa, and NYI
  • Who wins the VHL scoring race by season's end? It's very close with no one running away with it.
  • Looking at the rookies after almost 20 games, who do you think takes home rookie of the year?
  • Which newer VHL member do you expect to stay super active and make a great player?

1. I am going to take a wild guess and say The Las Vegas Knights Will win the World Cup again.

2.I think John Tavares will sign with Boston.

3.Anyone who win at this point, it's to early to tell at the moment.

4.I think the rookie that wins Rookie of the year is Beau Louth.

5. I think that @alecbama will be super active and make a great player.

6I love how Santos is doing right now. Being super active has its rewards! 

Edited by Barracuda

3 hours ago, Barracuda said:

1. I am going to take a wild guess and say The Las Vegas Knights Will win the World Cup again.

2.I think John Tavares will sign with Boston.

3.Anyone who win at this point, it's to early to tell at the moment.

4.I think the rookie that wins Rookie of the year is Batman.

5. I think that @alecbama will be super active and make a great player.

6I love how Santos is doing right now. Being super active has its rewards! 

1. Vegas didn't win the Stanley Cup this season. They lost in the finals to Ovechkin and the Washington Capitals.

4. Batman? What are you looking at to decide that? I'm talking about in the VHL. :P The rookie leaders are Matt Thompson, Beau Louth, Podrik Cast, and Edwin Preencarnacion.

https://vhlportal.com/VHL/61/IndividualLeaders.php

On 6/25/2018 at 8:18 PM, DollarAndADream said:

REBUILD, NATION.

@bukss_a@Shaka@Jepox@Molholt@124715@iRockstar@troy@pennypenny@Barracuda@Broalie34@10293lolo 2nd

1. The cup next year has to be inching closer and closer to Washington. They got their entire core locked up, and if they do what they usually do - but get past that 2nd round again. They're solid.

2. JT will probably be signing with the Isles. It'll be just like the Stamkos situation.

3. To be honest, with this group of people performing like they are, you can't bet on who wins. I would very much like @Beaviss's Beau to win though, no doubt.

4. Got my money on Beau

5. ;) how ya doin

6. Very much so. He might not be up in Toronto, but he's been flexing down in Vegas. 37 points in 26 games, that is a mighty good statline for a d-man.

REBUILD, NATION.

• John Tavares went to the Toronto Maple Leafs!! Your thoughts?
  • Kovalchuk on the LA Kings? How many goals do you see him scoring next season?
  • Who's going to win the VHL scoring race? Louth, Forsberg, and Canmore are the current front runners.
  • Goal scoring race is TIGHT. Who do you see jumping ahead of the others?
  • If you had to vote for the top goalie in the VHL right now, who would it be?
  • Why do you think Kiaskov hasn't translated very well into the New York Americans' system?

On 7/2/2018 at 7:45 PM, DollarAndADream said:

REBUILD, NATION.

• John Tavares went to the Toronto Maple Leafs!! Your thoughts?
  • Kovalchuk on the LA Kings? How many goals do you see him scoring next season?
  • Who's going to win the VHL scoring race? Louth, Forsberg, and Canmore are the current front runners.
  • Goal scoring race is TIGHT. Who do you see jumping ahead of the others?
  • If you had to vote for the top goalie in the VHL right now, who would it be?
  • Why do you think Kiaskov hasn't translated very well into the New York Americans' system?

1. Damn, he finally is going to be on a team that kinda gives a shit.

2. He's going to flex. Twenty goals for sure, but he won't be the most amazing player either.

3. Louth is my boy to win it all, so I gotta go with him.

4. GOTTA BE MY BOY LOUTH, HE STILL FLEXING AND MAKIN MOVES.

5. I'll just let King do the talkin, as I wish him well in his final year. He'll do well and continue doing well.

6. Man, who's Kiaskov? Haven't heard of him. I guess that's why he hasn't translated well into the system, harr harr harr.

REBUILD, NATION.

• Leph Twinger has 107 points so far in 46 games in the VHLM. What is he on? Is he on performance enhancing drugs?
  • What VHLM sophomore player do you expect to have the best VHL career?
  • After Leph Twinger, who gets picked first in the VHL draft? If someone goes above Leph, then who?
  • Any controversies in your team's locker room right now?
  • What team does Montreal Canadiens NHL forward Max Pacioretty get traded to, considering rumors are that he's out soon?
  • What team has the brightest future in the VHL?

On 7/10/2018 at 4:45 PM, DollarAndADream said:

REBUILD, NATION.

• Leph Twinger has 107 points so far in 46 games in the VHLM. What is he on? Is he on performance enhancing drugs?
  • What VHLM sophomore player do you expect to have the best VHL career?
  • After Leph Twinger, who gets picked first in the VHL draft? If someone goes above Leph, then who?
  • Any controversies in your team's locker room right now?
  • What team does Montreal Canadiens NHL forward Max Pacioretty get traded to, considering rumors are that he's out soon?
  • What team has the brightest future in the VHL?

1. Fuck that Twinger guy. He's on a stacked team, and he's taking PED's. Guy's going to be a bust unless he ends up in Toronto - then he'll turn out to be the best winger in history.

2. Not to brag or anything, but this Malenko guy looks like he could get at least 4 points next year.

3. Leph gettin picked first, no doubt. Unless the team is throwing. Outside of Leph, I would say Rauno Palo. Guy looks elite.

4. Our team sucks, we're throwing for a rebuild, and we just want to win the 1st overall. Plus Dollar called me his son before leaving me for smokes.

5. Pittsburgh obviously. They've been waiting YEARS for a cup, so they're due now. 

6. Obviously Toronto. Since the Maple Leafs got Tavares, and we will soon get some big FA signing - obviously us.

REBUILD, NATION.

• Who do you see winning the Continental Cup this season, now that all the playoff positions are locked in?
  • Who is your unsung hero this season on your team?
  • Anyone you think is overperforming?
  • Anyone you think is underperforming?
  • Do you see the Yukon Rush winning the Founder's Cup 100%?
  • What is your guess on what team gets 1st overall?

6 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

REBUILD, NATION.

• Who do you see winning the Continental Cup this season, now that all the playoff positions are locked in?
  • Who is your unsung hero this season on your team?
  • Anyone you think is overperforming?
  • Anyone you think is underperforming?
  • Do you see the Yukon Rush winning the Founder's Cup 100%?
  • What is your guess on what team gets 1st overall?

1. Gotta go with the Wranglers. They're just too solid. I'd love the Americans to win though.

2. My boy Revchenko has held down his own as a 1C pretty well. Everybody else has kinda been lackluster though, besides Revchenko, Stromberg and I

3. Encarnacion is definitely overperforming this year, but I don't see it as a bad thing. He'll have a slow 2nd year more than likely, then spring into a solid player the year after.

4. Honestly, I still think Thompson should be doing better. He's doing well, but I feel like he'd been even more solid later on.

5. Lmao, is that a question. Who the fuck else is there to compete?

6. It's a 25% chance eh, so lady luck is the team that wins it. But obviously, I would love Toronto to win it.

REBUILD, NATION.

• Predict who you think will be a bust in the S62 draft. :P
  • Best VHLM goalie?
  • Which rebuilding team do you think will get to contending first?
  • Jakub Vilhjalmsson had the most hits taken in the VHLM. What's the beef?
  • The season is over. Who is your VHL rookie of the year?
  • Best VHL goaltender?
  • Trevor Linden steps down as Vancouver Canucks President? Thoughts?
  • What player who is shit this year do you think will break out next year?
  • What would be your favourite location for an expansion VHL team?
  •  

18 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

REBUILD, NATION.

• Predict who you think will be a bust in the S62 draft. :P
  • Best VHLM goalie?
  • Which rebuilding team do you think will get to contending first?
  • Jakub Vilhjalmsson had the most hits taken in the VHLM. What's the beef?
  • The season is over. Who is your VHL rookie of the year?
  • Best VHL goaltender?

1. Leph Twinger is looking like a classic bust. Guy has an ego to him, and he thinks he's the next Daigle.

2. Kingfisher has been CARRYIN his team, so obviously gotta go with him.

3. Well, Toronto is looking pretty solid if they can pick up two good guys this year, so I would go with them. Seattle has a good chance too even if they have a poor draft.

4. He's the only brother stuck in the minors. He's getting the beatings that are worth for 3 different people.

5. Samuel Gate. What a guy, beasting the league.

6. ALWAYS KING, NEVER ANYBODY ELSE. PLEASE LET HIM WIN.

REBUILD, NATION.

• Do you think re-sims should be done in the VHL/VHLM if some sort of error occurs, or would that open up too many other problems?
  • What do you think was Calgary's x-factor in their series against New York?
  • MVP of the playoffs so far?
  • Who has been the best goalie in the playoffs? (could be your MVP choice)
  • Your unsung hero during these playoffs?
  • Who are you rooting for in the finals? Davos/Calgary?

On 8/1/2018 at 7:13 PM, DollarAndADream said:

REBUILD, NATION.

• Do you think re-sims should be done in the VHL/VHLM if some sort of error occurs, or would that open up too many other problems?
  • What do you think was Calgary's x-factor in their series against New York?
  • MVP of the playoffs so far?
  • Who has been the best goalie in the playoffs? (could be your MVP choice)
  • Your unsung hero during these playoffs?
  • Who are you rooting for in the finals? Davos/Calgary?

1. I think it'd open too many other problems if you were do that. Stick to the sure thing of if it goes wrong, oh well. That's life for ya.

2. That big boi Keaton Louth and Canmore no doubt.

3. KEATON LOUTH FINALLY NO BUST

4. who's the calgary goalie *thinking emoji*

5. KEATON LOUTH

6. I got my money on Calgary, they are gonna flex this playoffs.

On 8/2/2018 at 10:22 PM, pennypenny said:

1. I think it'd open too many other problems if you were do that. Stick to the sure thing of if it goes wrong, oh well. That's life for ya.

2. That big boi Keaton Louth and Canmore no doubt.

3. KEATON LOUTH FINALLY NO BUST

4. who's the calgary goalie *thinking emoji*

5. KEATON LOUTH

6. I got my money on Calgary, they are gonna flex this playoffs.

If you could expand a little bit on these answers, that would be ideal. I don't want to approve these for TPE when some are only a few words.

@pennypenny

REBUILD, NATION.

• Yukon was by far the best team in the VHLM. Wtf was Oslo on when they beat them in 5 games?
  • What player do you expect to have a breakout season in S62?
  • What rookie do you expect to have the biggest impact in S62?
  • Who won the S62 VHL Entry Draft?
  • Who do you think will have an amazing season in the VHLM in S62?
  • What player drafted in the S62 VHL Entry Draft were you surprised to get picked where they did?

@Reives@Donno100@MrMaxx44@cheidebrecht@evrydayimbyfuglien

On 8/7/2018 at 9:10 PM, DollarAndADream said:

REBUILD, NATION.

• Yukon was by far the best team in the VHLM. Wtf was Oslo on when they beat them in 5 games?
  • What player do you expect to have a breakout season in S62?
  • What rookie do you expect to have the biggest impact in S62?
  • Who won the S62 VHL Entry Draft?
  • Who do you think will have an amazing season in the VHLM in S62?
  • What player drafted in the S62 VHL Entry Draft were you surprised to get picked where they did?

1. Oslo was on some bad ass bathsalts, and Higgins rigged it all. If only Yukon had Malenko they would've won.

2. Let's be real. Ironside will have a goodie this year since he will be beside a better team this year.

3. LETS BE REAL. THIS MALENKO GUY, CRAZY MAN, NO DOUBT HE'S GONNA CREATE A BIG IMPACT FOR THAT D BOIS.

4. Quebec did with their mass selection of forwards, but they also will have to be tradin quite a few of those fellas come contract years. Beaviss fucked up :(

5. Tfong's player should dominate down there since he'll be at 175 by the time he rolls into the VHLM, so I will say him.

6. Carison was picked pretty early I must admit, but it filled a positional need so I guess it wasn't too big of a surprise. Otherwise, I think everybody else went at a reasonably fair spot.

REBUILD, NATION.

• What is your take on the new expansion Halifax team in the VHLM? Do you like the location?
  • If not Halifax, where would you have located them?
  • McKnight to TOR, what was DollarAndADream thinking?
  • Will Bo Horvat be the next captain of the Vancouver Canucks?
  • What kind of season do you expect superstar prospect Elias Pettersson to have with the Canucks in the NHL?
  • Back to the VHL, who is your unsung hero depth player? Someone underappreciated that doesn't put up a ton of points.

On 8/13/2018 at 10:55 PM, DollarAndADream said:

REBUILD, NATION.

• What is your take on the new expansion Halifax team in the VHLM? Do you like the location?
  • If not Halifax, where would you have located them?
  • McKnight to TOR, what was DollarAndADream thinking?
  • Will Bo Horvat be the next captain of the Vancouver Canucks?
  • What kind of season do you expect superstar prospect Elias Pettersson to have with the Canucks in the NHL?
  • Back to the VHL, who is your unsung hero depth player? Someone underappreciated that doesn't put up a ton of points.

1. I am not the biggest fan of Halifax, nor the name. But, I think they'll be able to handle okay as a franchise for at least a few seasons before people get tired of the 21sts.

2. I would've thrown them somewhere that doesn't have a team yet but deserves one. Give my boys in Atlanta a team, they deserve it for sure.

3. What were you thinking? Unless we are winning a cup this season, you crazy for this one. Old aging son of a gun for a 1st. Crazy.

4. BoOOooOoOo Horvat will probably be the next captain, assuming Pettersson doesn't wild out in the next season or two. That void won't be filled for that time though since the Sedin's retirement.

5. Guy's going to be money, no doubt. He'll pot a good portion of points up, and excel on what will be a mediocre bottom feeding team next year.

6. Still gotta go with The Charm. He isn't the best player on Davos - but he is still putting incredibly good points. Sure, maybe the question says "doesn't put up a ton of points" but the guy is still lower on the TPE bracket than the rest of the team, so I would definitely have to say him.

REBUILD, NATION.

• Lots of great up and comers been popping up in the VHL lately. Top earners on the portal. Which one do you find the most promising?
  • Looking at it now, how deep do you expect the upcoming VHL draft to be?
  • Over the past couple of seasons, why did the VHL all of a sudden get a swarm of great new players?
  • World Juniors, what's your opinion on the 350 TPE cutoff, even if you're still a rookie?
  • Toronto is in 4th! Do you expect that to hold? Why are they "competing"?
  • 12 straight wins to start the season for Calgary. When will they lose?

• Commissioner
18 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

1. Lots of great up and comers been popping up in the VHL lately. Top earners on the portal. Which one do you find the most promising?

Vyacheslav Smirnov @Banackock is one of the scariest guys in the league right now. Solid updating and unreal start to the season with 27 pts in 12 games as a rookie. Gotta have a lot of respect for that.

2. Looking at it now, how deep do you expect the upcoming VHL draft to be?

Looks like roughly as deep as last years. There are some for new creates that look to be making an absolute splash in the VHLM right now. Can't wait to see which man rocket makes his way to the Legion.

3. Over the past couple of seasons, why did the VHL all of a sudden get a swarm of great new players?

Better on-boarding would be my guess. A lot of first gens are sticking around to see what all the fuss is about. Also the updates made to the portal make it much more satisfying to apply your players updates.

4. World Juniors, what's your opinion on the 350 TPE cutoff, even if you're still a rookie?

I can see both sides of the cutoff limit but realistically we should try and make it so that anyone who is active and involved in the site has a chance to get in the world juniors at least ONCE in their career. 

5. Toronto is in 4th! Do you expect that to hold? Why are they "competing"?

With the rookies we've brought up this season this is a bit closer to what I expected. As to why we are competing? Malenko, McKnight, and me.

6. 12 straight wins to start the season for Calgary. When will they lose?

Finals? Ugh sorry is that too soon? Let's come back to this question when the season's half over.