Toronto Legion Weekly Presser

Time to dust this off... 

1. How well do you think the Legion will do this season?

2. Who will be the team’s top goal scorer? 

3. We can expect Fong and RSJ to get a high assist count, but who do you think will have the most assists on the roster? 

4. What do you think about Devise’s trades during the off-season? 

5. Fortune smiles upon the bold... or so they say. Can Toronto really compete for a championship with a top loaded roster or do you think we need more depth in the new VHL? 

6. We signed plenty of free agents this season. What do you think about the free agency movement this off season? 

7. If you could add anyone in the league to the roster, who would it be and why? 

8. This is the last hurrah for a few retiring greats, so this is a question for those few - would you like to return to Toronto? 

9. What do you think is behind Devise’s dislike for draft picks? 

10. On a scale of one to ten - if you were observing the trade from a neutral view - who won the Peace trade? 

Edited by Peace

I expect us to make the playoffs and hopefully be the top NA team if things go right!

Toss up between Veran Dragomir and Rylan peace would be my bet. 

3. We can expect Fong and RSJ to get a high assist count, but who do you think will have the most assists on the roster? 

I'm tempted to give Fong the edge since I think his build is a little more offensively focused. 

Devise clearly doesn't like draft picks so he was able to move them for some solid players/

5. Fortune smiles upon the bold... or so they say. Can Toronto really compete for a championship with a top loaded roster or do you think we need more depth in the new VHL? 

Hard to say with STHS. A lot will depend on chemistry. I tend to like depth but there no reason to think a top loaded roster would be unsuccessful with good chemistry.

6. We signed plenty of free agents this season. What do you think about the free agency movement this off season? 

My understanding is that there weren't too many high profile FAs. I think I was the biggest TPE wise. Hopefully I made a good decision with TOR but time will tell.

We're 8-0 right now. I think we're going to be doing pretty well this season.

Dragomir and Peace should have a secret competition for who can get the most goals. More goals = more wins. I'd probably give it to Veran, though.

Hopefully Tzuyu. Picked Tzuyu in my fantasy team, so from my perspective, that's my hopeful pick.

He got me via trade. I'd say he did pretty well, in my unbiased opinion.

I don't know what is his plan for the season, but I'm sure he's looking at a few depth pieces, I'm not too worried about our success down the line.

Once again, we're 8-0. It looks like Devise did all of the right moves.

7. If you could add anyone in the league to the roster, who would it be and why? 

The pieces to guarantee us the Cup. I don't really care WHO it is.

• Quik unpinned this topic

Codrick Past. He is a good role player and is superior to Podrick Cast. Plus he can pass me the puck.

8. This is the last hurrah for a few retiring greats, so this is a question for those few - would you like to return to Toronto? 

I would definitely be open to returning to Toronto with a potential recreate. 

9. What do you think is behind Devise’s dislike for draft picks? 
Draft picks are always risky they could boom or bust. If you trade them for proven commodities you know what you are getting.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1. Who would you rather play? Calgary or Vancouver

2. Assuming you get by those teams, who would you want to play in the final?

3. it sounds like GM of Moscow, victor, says that they have the best chance to topple you this season, thoughts?

4. will the layoff play a part if you dont start off well?

5. you guys havent played meaningful hockey in months, do you think youll bow out of the playoff like the TBL?

1. Who would you rather play? Calgary or Vancouver
A: No preference really, our goal is to be the best team so we need to beat everyone else! If I had to choose I would lean towards VAN because they have Codrick Past. 

2. Assuming you get by those teams, who would you want to play in the final?
A: Once again no strong preference but I would pick Moscow, would be fun to play against Jet Jaguar.  

3. it sounds like GM of Moscow, victor, says that they have the best chance to topple you this season, thoughts?
A: You never know when it comes to the playoffs. I think any team has a chance to win it all!

• 2 months later...

1. What are your hopes and goals for the season?

2. In your eyes who is the teams biggest acquisition this off season?

3. Do you think we have a good enough team to take down Seattle?

4. Is Orion Slade plain insane picking Toronto over a stacked Seattle?

5. Who will scored the most goals for us this season? how many?

6. In your opinion why is Toronto called the Legion? Not like they are a historic city back when the Romans roamed the earth

1. What are your hopes and goals for the season?

I wanted to be traded so I would have the opportunity to win. So I have 1 goal and 1 goal only. Win the cup.

2. In your eyes who is the teams biggest acquisition this off season?

Am I allowed to say Myself? Currently leading the team in points with 8 in 8 games. 

I think we do. The GM's went all out this offseason and made some huge trades and got a huge player in free agency. So ya we can take em down.

Not at all. He clearly wanted to play with me. Of course.

I don't really know to early to tell. Maybe me/Jordan Tonn with 45. Not to sure we seem like a well rounded team. So I think we will all get a good amount.

6. In your opinion why is Toronto called the Legion? Not like they are a historic city back when the Romans roamed the earth

Do I have to answer this. I don't know. Good day.

3 hours ago, BluObieZ said:

1. What are your hopes and goals for the season?

2. In your eyes who is the teams biggest acquisition this off season?

6. In your opinion why is Toronto called the Legion? Not like they are a historic city back when the Romans roamed the earth

1. I hope that we compete and make the playoffs.

2. Tonn has been big for the team with 4 goals and 4 assists so far this season.

3. I think any team can win any night, it just depends if the whole team shows up and plays well together.

4. Absolutely not.

5. If Tonn keeps going I'd say him with at least 8,209 goals but likely more because of how good he is.

6. The dictionary definition of Legion is, "a unit of 3,000-6,000 men in the ancient Roman army." I feel like we have a team that can make other teams feel like they're facing a legion with how many of us are constantly attacking and trying our best out on the ice.

1. What are your hopes and goals for the season? Hope for us to go deeper in the playoffs than we did last season, and personal goal to hit 80 points this season.

2. In your eyes who is the teams biggest acquisition this off season? Jordan Tonn was a big addition to our forwards.

3. Do you think we have a good enough team to take down Seattle? Absolutely, we're far more resilient than they are and can keep them down.

4. Is Orion Slade plain insane picking Toronto over a stacked Seattle? Of course not, seems like an easy decision.

5. Who will scored the most goals for us this season? how many? I have a good feeling Peace is gonna find the net a lot more this season and finish with 45 goals.

6. In your opinion why is Toronto called the Legion? Not like they are a historic city back when the Romans roamed the earth. Obviously so we can call ourselves the Legion of Boom

1. Who on the team has the most epic duster?

2. Who on the team is "party guy" the one guy you would love to party with but you know if you would go with them, you would just get in trouble?

3. What is your thoughts on the season so far?

4. The teams biggest surprise so far?

5. The teams biggest disappointment so far? 

6. The teams best player so far?

7. With the 9th Star Wars movie quickly approaching, who on the team is Darth Vader? Why?

8.  Who is Yoda? Why?

9. What color light saber would you have? is your stick tape the same color?

10. Who lets out the worst smells in the locker room?

I have a Dirt Devil, does that count?

2. What is your thoughts on the season so far?

It needs to end fast and painless.

3. The teams biggest surprise so far?

Winning a lot.

4. The teams biggest disappointment so far? 

Losing too much.

5. The teams best player so far?

That one player, the one on the left.

6. With the 9th Star Wars movie quickly approaching, who on the team is Darth Vader? Why?

Capt. Kirk would kick the shit out of anyone in the next Star Wars fairy tale because he dad is Chuck Norris.

Probably Steve because he has a Dirt Devil. 

2. What is your thoughts on the season so far?

We've done alright. I'm hoping we can pick it up a bit because right now how were playing this is not a cup winning team.

3. The teams biggest surprise so far?

How well we've done at working well together. The whole team knows the game plan and what we need to do to achieve it.

4. The teams biggest disappointment so far? 

Even though we're working our asses off were not always getting the results we need.

5. The team's best player so far?

Can i say me? i came into this team off of a trade because i wanted to get the heck out of Helsinki and now im putting up almost a PPG. Thats nice to see! But if not me then Peace. He is just over a PPG and we having been playing together on the first line.

6. Who lets out the worst smells in the locker room?

It would definitely have to be the GM if i can say that. Devise just doesn't know how to control them. He just lets them rip.

1. If we won the cup this season, would you be shocked?

2. If you and Orion go out for dinner, who pays for the tab?

3. What does the team have to do at the deadline to give them a legit shot at a cup this season?

4. If you could sit down with any 3 VHL legends who would it be?

5. If you were the GM of the Legion what is the first move you would make?

6. What is the teams biggest problem this season?

7. In a important game, down 1 with 5min left who on the team will put the team on their back and try to get the win?

8. Same situation. Who should be benched in that scenario?

9. What is your favorite part of the city of Toronto?

10. What part do you avoid? why? 

1. Out of all the players in the VHL which player would you want on the team? or does the player already play in Toronto?

2. With the season slipping away do you think Toronto stands a chance in winning a cup before your contract expires?

3. Would you stick around beyond your contract?

4. What area of the game does Toronto really need to focus on?

5. What position does Toronto need help in the most?

6. You is the closest friend on the team?

7. Who sticks to themselves and just ignores the rest?

8. Is it maybe time for a coaching change? to shake things up

9. Have you given up on a cup this season?

10. What is your opinion on hockey? is it the best sport?

1. If we won the cup this season, would you be shocked?

Ya i would be. The team has really struggled this year. Im hopeful but yes i would be shocked.

2. If you and Orion go out for dinner, who pays for the tab?

Of course Orion. I've got more points then him so why would i pay. 

3. What does the team have to do at the deadline to give them a legit shot at a cup this season?

We need another big scorer and offensive defenseman. 

4. If you were the GM of the Legion what is the first move you would make?

I would try to go after some big pieces this season. Im not too sure whats available to trade but i would consider rebuilding if we don't have much.

5. In a important game, down 1 with 5 min left who on the team will put the team on their back and try to get the win?

We need the first line and our goalie to put the team on their back. Not only for 5 minutes when down 1 goal. We need them every night all night.

6. Same situation. Who should be benched in that scenario?

I think everyone is a possibly with that amount of time left. We believe in every player on this team.

1. Out of all the players in the VHL which player would you want on the team? or does the player already play in Toronto?

I would love to player with Denver Wolfe @InstantRockstar. He's a fantastic player and well he's my boss.

2. With the season slipping away do you think Toronto stands a chance in winning a cup before your contract expires?

I think that there is a chance before i am forced to retire. I think i have 2 or 3 seasons left and i believe that we will work harder then ever in those seasons as most of our players will be retiring soon.

3. Would you stick around beyond your contract?

I think my contract goes till i retire meaning that i will not be signing a new contract. If i was not forced to retire and i had maybe 2 seasons left i would be asked for a trade relatively soon so i can go for glory.

4. What area of the game does Toronto really need to focus on?

Every area needs improvement if we want to compete with those top teams.

5. What position does Toronto need help in the most?

like i said above. Every position other than C and G needs some work.

6. Is it maybe time for a coaching change? to shake things up

Well this season we kinda did see a coaching change as Peace is now mainly running Toronto. I would give him a few seasons. So currently no i don't think we need to fire him :}

1. What team do you think will finish dead last?

2. Will you pay attention to the WJC? 

3. Who will win?

4. With how the team has played, would you rather lose in the first round or miss the playoffs and get a better player in the draft?

5. Looking ahead who do you want Toronto to draft?

6. What position should Toronto focus on in the draft?

7. How about in free agency, who should Toronto try to go after?

8. What position should they focus on in the draft?

9. Should Orion come back next season?

10. What is the most outrageous thing Orion has done in the before or after a game? 

1. With the season almost over, is it a failure of a season?

2. What are the positive things you can take away from the season?

3. What are the negative things the team can build off of?

4. Toronto wins the cup next season by doing? 

5. What do you want for Christmas the most? (Player)

6. What do you want for Christmas the most? (You)

7. If you were in charge of the league, what would be the first big change you make?

8. Scoring seems down this season (Last time I checked) What should the league do to bring up scoring?

9. Rumors are that Robbie is thinking of another player beyond Orion Slade. What should his name be?

10. Will you miss Robbie once he actually leaves, be it after Orion or after the next one? 

1.      What will you focus on in the offseason?

2.      Looking back on the season what were your strengths?

3.      What was your biggest weakness?

4.      Are you planning to demand a trade? Or leave via free agency? Why or why not?

5.      What was the team’s biggest strength?

6.      What was the team’s biggest weakness?

7.      When it came down to it the team just couldn’t stay consistent, couldn’t win key games. Why is that?

8.      Be an asshole for once, Who really needs to leave the team?

9.      If you wimped out. Why are you a wimp? Maybe your answer could help the move forward. Do you not want this team to succeed next season?

10.   If you didn’t wimp out. Do you care about the backlash this player will give you for pointing them out?

1.      Are you shocked by us going seven games?

2.      Is this a building block the team can use for next season?

3.      How can the team build off this?

4.      How can the team learn from this loss?

5.      Where do you think Orion Slade sign in the off-season?

6.      Do you trust the teams brain trust can build off this team and make it a cup winner?

7.      Do you have an odd ritual before games?

8.      What do you eat before a game?

9.      What color visor do you play with? Why that color?

10.   What color tape do you use?

11.   Bonus: Have you noticed that I ran out of questions? It’s my last batch with this team so meh.

• 3 weeks later...

New season about to start, new set of questions to answer: 

1. Toronto has changed significantly in less than a week after Peace was awarded the Legion from Devise How would you analyze his moves, additions and asset management? 

2. Who - in your opinion (including yourself) - is Toronto’s top three prospects? 

3. We’ve got a lot of inactive bodies taking up roster spots this season, but the majority of them are on expiring contracts. Which inactive players do you think should return for another season in Toronto? 

4. Who do you think will lead Toronto in points at the mid way mark of the season? 

5. If there is anyone most likely to win an award at the end of the season on Toronto, who is most likely to win it? 

6. Where do you think Toronto will finish in the standings? 

1. Toronto has changed significantly in less than a week after Peace was awarded the Legion from Devise How would you analyze his moves, additions and asset management? I would say that he has done a decent job; the trade with Davos to acquire a bunch of S70 prospects was a gamble, but a calculated one IMO. All of the prospects coming to Toronto have a good chance to become impact players at the VHL level.

2. Who - in your opinion (including yourself) - is Toronto’s top three prospects? Chad Magnum, Erik Killinger, and Jaxx Hextall

3. We’ve got a lot of inactive bodies taking up roster spots this season, but the majority of them are on expiring contracts. Which inactive players do you think should return for another season in Toronto? Hmm, I don't really know any of them that well, as well as who is active/inactive, but possibly Teemu Lehtinen Jr. if he's currently inactive? I remember Lehtinen Sr. being a decent player awhile ago.

4. Who do you think will lead Toronto in points at the mid way mark of the season? Hopefully myself, but I could see Nethila Dissanayake also taking the cake.

5. If there is anyone most likely to win an award at the end of the season on Toronto, who is most likely to win it? I would nominate myself for ROTY, but I don't really think we have the roster built to enable that as opposed to Calgary's Lahtinen/THE Encarnacion

6. Where do you think Toronto will finish in the standings? We will definitely miss the playoffs in the NA, and I think it'll be between us and Calgary for last place.

1. Toronto has changed significantly in less than a week after Peace was awarded the Legion from Devise How would you analyze his moves, additions and asset management? 

I've personally always been a fan of keeping draft picks tbh. :P 

Honestly I can't be sure.  I'm not too familiar with the league since I've been inactive so I don't know the players we traded for too well

2. Who - in your opinion (including yourself) - is Toronto’s top three prospects? 

Based on what I see on the portal I would say Chad Magnum, Jaxx Hextall, and Damien Wolfe.  Kristopher McDagg looks decent too though.

3. We’ve got a lot of inactive bodies taking up roster spots this season, but the majority of them are on expiring contracts. Which inactive players do you think should return for another season in Toronto? 

I guess I'm not inactive anymore so I can't say myself lol.  Based on what I can see from builds and TPA I would say Scoringsonn looks decent for an inactive player.  Solid SC/PA/SK distribution (is that even a recognized build strategy still? idk lol), 87 DF is useful, and I like that ST/PH are both at 80.

4. Who do you think will lead Toronto in points at the mid way mark of the season? 

On that note, Scoringsonn would be a good guess.  Or maybe Dissanayake, I've seen a high PA/SC difference like that work well.  It could all depend on how the lines work as well as how players like Magnum and Lehtinen Jr. develop over the course of the season.

5. If there is anyone most likely to win an award at the end of the season on Toronto, who is most likely to win it? 

Maybe Magnum for Rookie of the Year would be most likely considering he's in a good position and it's hard to imagine any of our players winning a positional award - much less MVP/MOP.  Also, even if it's a bit unlikely I'd like to selfishly say I could maybe win most improved - since Nielsen 1) didn't even play in the VHL in S69, 2) had only 21 points in S68, and 3) I appear to be our only active and updating defenseman.  As I look at our roster more, Dissanayake could also be an MIP candidate as well.

6. Where do you think Toronto will finish in the standings? 

As mentioned, I've only just returned and am starting to relearn the landscape of the league and everything, but just based on a cursory look at the NA teams' rosters I can't say it seems too good for us.  Hopefully we'll be better than Davos but it looks like we'll be last in the conference.