New York Americans Press Conference Questions

STZ

1. We finished 1st in our division, but 3rd in the conference, are you happy with how the team did this season?

Yeah i think we did fantastic. Had we had the roster we do now (with Freeman and Burn) from the start of the season, I think we’d have given the top teams a run for their money

2. We have taken a 3-1 series lead over Seattle, and have an opportunity to clinch the series in front of home fans. Just how much does that mean to you?

Huge! We were the under dog for sure. Fingers crossed for some Simon t love today.

3. Does your pre-game routine change when playoffs arrive?

keep it same as the regular season. Had success then, don’t want to change it now!

4. Our 2nd line has been doing a lot of damage to the Bears this series, what makes them so effective?

Our depth is key. We have a great roster, I think if we go further, it’ll be due to these guys ability to dominate the other teams lesser players

5. Do you get nervous about important playoff games, or do you treat them just like any regular season game?

gotta treat them all equally 

6. What do you think will be the biggest factor in any playoff success we have this season?

depth!

On 6/28/2020 at 11:31 PM, Hylands33 said:

Week ending 7/5

New York Americans Press Conference

Playoffs are here edition!

1. We finished 1st in our division, but 3rd in the conference, are you happy with how the team did this season?

2. We have taken a 3-1 series lead over Seattle, and have an opportunity to clinch the series in front of home fans. Just how much does that mean to you?

4. Our 2nd line has been doing a lot of damage to the Bears this series, what makes them so effective?

5. Do you get nervous about important playoff games, or do you treat them just like any regular season game?

6. What do you think will be the biggest factor in any playoff success we have this season?

1. OFC AGM BOI WE ARE THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME

2. EZ CLAP. SEATTLE HAS ONE-UPPED ME SINCE YEAR 2 OF MY TIME IN VHL SO NICE TO GET THE SERIES WIN NOW

3. NO. CRY IN THE PART AND FEED PIGEONS SOME BREAD THEN IT'S GAME TIME

4. IDK I AM DEFENSE ASK THE FORWARD COACH

5. NO. FEED BREAD TO PIGEONS, EZ CLAP. 

6. GOALIE, DEFENSE, THEN FORWARDS. ALL IMPORTANT FOR HOCKEY SUCCESS. AGMS NOT SO MUCH :D

We had a rough start so I'm happy we could get it together down the stretch to secure playoffs!

It would be amazing, playoff success is every player's dreams and our fans deserve to see it as well.

Nope keep the routine the same and stay locked in to what you need to do.

On 6/29/2020 at 1:31 AM, Hylands33 said:

Week ending 7/5

Playoffs are here edition!

1. I think it's the most talented team we've had and we're also playing well together, so yes, I'm happy. Esso's done a good job building NY

2. Means a lot to beat the bears. Would be happy to do it on anyone's ice though.

3. I'm a bit more zen. Still like to keep to myself and really focus on the game ahead.

4. Chemistry. Nolan and Foreskin have played well together for a while. Penisson a great rook. Also nice when the top line plays a lot of the tougher minutes.

5. No nerves until it's an elimination game or clinching game. Then, yeah a bunch.

6. Keep games close. 4 out of 7 is the mantra. Don't need to sweep out way through like Riga. Losing games are opportunities to learn

Yeah, I am. I came in with admittedly low expectations by design after missing the playoffs two straight years, but we exceeded those and then some.

We ended up winning in 5! And it's a great feeling, to not only make the playoffs, but advance for the first time in my career. We've worked hard for this, and the fans have waited for this too.

It can't, I don't think. You have to treat it like any other game, and play accordingly.

A lot has been made of big pickups like Freeman and Burn, with good reason. But players like Nolan and Foreskin are among the tops in the league too, and deserve to be recognized as such.

Similar to number three, we just have to play our game. It's gotten us this far, and we have to continue to trust what we've done.

It has to be keeping out of the penalty box, especially for me. We've had success when we've limited power plays.

Week ending 7/12

Big sad edition!

1. A heartbreaking loss in the final minute to Calgary, how disappointing is it to lose like that?

2. Despite the loss, were you happy with how the playoffs went overall for us?

3. How are you coping with being eliminated so close to the final? I know I'm not happy at all.

4. Who do you think deserves to win Playoff MVP for the New York Americans?

5. Do you have any plans for the upcoming off-season besides crying a lot?

6. The Season 72 World Cup is upon us any day now, which team will you be rooting for?

1. It’s very disappointing but not too much we can do but look towards the future!

2. Very happy and I can’t wait to see where this team will end up in the future 

3. I’m not happy but not too much can be done now

4. I’m not sure so many players deserved it 

5. hopefully to improve my strength

6.Team Canada

1. A heartbreaking loss in the final minute to Calgary, how disappointing is it to lose like that?

very. Tough way to have it end! But I’m proud that we pushed the top team in the league to seven games.

100%. Have to keep growing and look forward to next year.

3. How are you coping with being eliminated so close to the final? I know I'm not happy at all. 

Made it a lot further than most teams!

I’m always partial to awarding it to the goalie! Red Guy gets my vote.

crying a ton?

6. The Season 72 World Cup is upon us any day now, which team will you be rooting for?

I hope the both lose!

1. A heartbreaking loss in the final minute to Calgary, how disappointing is it to lose like that?

It's fine. No, really. This isn't the painkillers I downed in the locker room after the game talking at all.

It's nice to get to the playoffs, and I'm sure with some perspective after the fact I'll be fine. But right now? Man, I wanted that win.

It's better than a sweep, I guess. But outshooting them, especially in the third period, then giving up a goal with 30 seconds left stings.

I don't want Owen Nolan's work to get lost in the shuffle. 16 points is currently second among everyone in the first two rounds, and his 7 plus-minus is tied for fourth. He played spectacularly out there.

I plan on drinking a lot too. Does that count?

Well, I hope to be named to the Western Europe squad once again, so I'm rooting for us. I hope to keep my dumb medal streak alive.

Definitely disappointing, we could easily have been in the finals right now with a good shot at the cup, a real tough pill to swallow. 

I thought we played pretty well for the most part, hopefully we can improve on this performance in future seasons. 

Disappointing but those are the breaks some time. VHL goes on and hopefully NY can win it all next season!

On 7/6/2020 at 7:47 PM, Hylands33 said:

Week ending 7/12

Big sad edition!

1. tenor.gif

2. tumblr_o6ise5ICUU1qfcx4to3_r1_500.gif

3. tenor.gif?itemid=4863358

4. ShallowMealyElectriceel-max-1mb.gif

5. when-you-just-cant-stand-the-pain..gif

6. 6Bk7.gif

1. Sucks big time. We should have capitalized on chances we had though so only ourselves to blame

2. For sure. It gave us a taste of what being a top team feels like 

3. Rooting for Riga. Glad they pulled it out.

4. Captain Flowers was a rock of a dman. Easy mvp for me.

5. Gotta clear the mind but no time for tears.

6. Western Europe let's gooo

Week ending 7/19

Off-Season edition!

1. How is the off season treating you so far?

2. How do you prepare for the next season coming up?

3. Do you let loose during the off season and eat without restrictions?

4. Are you the type to go on a vacation, or spend the time at home on your time off?

5. What are your thoughts on the expansion for this upcoming season?

6. How do you rate our chances at success for next season?

Week ending 7/19

Off-Season edition!

1. How is the off season treating you so far?

Missing the action! Excited to get back to playing again

Just keep grinding and improving. Working on getting to where I need to be to help the team

I always eat without restrictions. It’s a problem.

4. Are you the type to go on a vacation, or spend the time at home on your time off?

Home body! Especially during this current worlds climate lol!

Love to see the league grow. 

I think they’re high. We had a good push at the end of the season last year once we made all of our trades.

1.Very boring I can’t wait for the new season to start!

2.working as hard as I can to become a prolific scorer 

3.yes yes I do

4.i like to spend the time at home

5.great to see the league expand 

6.i think we are a cup contender for sure

On 7/13/2020 at 5:57 PM, Hylands said:

Week ending 7/19

Off-Season edition!

1. I am still dead inside from devastating losses to whoever we lost to. 

2. Probably drink beer and not prepare. 

3. Yes. Beer. Sun. No exercise. 

4. MGS is a vacation in himself. Anywhere he is, is like an exciting vacation.

5. LET ME TELL YA. On second thought, I wont tell because I will get in trouble for pointing out the obvious. 

6. We gon win cup m8

Feeling alright, definitely a lot better than right after the season. I'm getting pumped for what the next season will bring.

Now that my body's starting to age and break down a bit, it's all about fighting the effects of time: have to watch out for my diet and training a lot more than in the past.

I give myself a week or two to rest or relax. But then it's right back on the grind out of necessity.

Everybody needs a change of pace, so I'm all for going international and getting out of my comfort zone. Haven't seen much of Africa or Asia in my VHL travels, so those are top choices.

I'm very excited for it. Expansion brings a new element of randomness and surprise, and I'm expecting next season to be crazy in the best of ways.

I'm feeling good about them. We're bringing back a lot of our team for one final shot, and I think we have the talent to pull off a deep run once again.

1. How is the off season treating you so far?

It's been nice to get some time away. Was a long season and gotta come into the next one fresh

Lots of rest. Personally have to adjust to a different role and still help the team win.

Pretty much. Sushi, pizzas, and a bunch of other crap this past week.

Try to get a month long vacation abroad each year. Really missing that this year.

5. What are your thoughts on the expansion for this upcoming season?

I expect a high scoring year. Good for forwards.

NY will be fine. This is the year to bring it home and maybe sail off into the sunset.

Week ending 7/26

New season edition!

1. This week marks the start of a new season, just how excited are you?

2. Who do you think will be our biggest competition this season?

3. What did you improve at most this off-season?

4. What are your personal goals as a player for this year?

5. What's the best way to get prepared for the first game of a new season?

6. Who is your favourite for the Continental Cup in Season 73?(it's us isn't it?)

I'm very excited. Honestly, I think this is the best chance at a title that we've had in this rebuilding cycle, and I'm excited to see if it bares fruit.

There's a certain team in Calgary that beat us last season, and they're still looking strong this year. Can't go anywhere unless we defeat them.

I improved at not getting older? I didn't add much to my skills, but I also staved off depreciation as well, and that's a win in my book.

A shot at another award would be nice, but I'm past personal goals a bit. I'd take zero points on the season if it also meant a title.

I don't think I really need to, honestly - just going out there and hearing my name announced for the first time in a while gets me hyped once again.

6. Who is your favourite for the Continental Cup in Season 73?

It has to be us! But seriously, I feel very high on our chances this season, and think we're as much a contender as anybody.

On 7/20/2020 at 5:02 PM, Hylands said:

Week ending 7/26

New season edition!

6. Who is your favourite for the Continental Cup in Season 73?(it's us isn't it?)

1. I forgot also I dont like the referees. 

2. The referees it seems. 

3. Chirping the referees. 

4. Chirp the referees until they quit their jobs. 

5. Practice referee chirps in the mirror. 

6. NYA obvs. 

1. This week marks the start of a new season, just how excited are you?

Pretty excited. Expansion teams mean scoring will be up. Should be a fun one.

2. Who do you think will be our biggest competition this season?

Seattle has been the enemy since I've joined.

Adjusting back to winger. Focus on scoring more than I ever had, laid of defence.

Another 40/40 would be best case scenario. I'd be happy with 30/30 too.

5. What's the best way to get prepared for the first game of a new season?

Play with the same intensity as the playoffs. We have a mostly in tact core.

Ya, it's us for once. Riga also should compete again.

1. This week marks the start of a new season, just how excited are you?

very, it’s my players third year, so should be a turning point for him.

Calgary/Seattle

Just trying to get the big five stats to 90. Very close.

Last year I think I said 40 points, 120 SB and 120 hits. Fell just short in the hits, but scored almost 50.

this season id like to hit 50 points. 

Pray to the Simon t gods

6. Who is your favourite for the Continental Cup in Season 73?(it's us isn't it?)

yes

Week ending 8/2

First overall edition!

1. We currently sit 1st overall in the league. What do we need to do to make sure we stay there?

2. Have you changed your personal goals for the season after the first week?

3. Are you the kind of player to keep the same routine during a win streak?

4. What is your favourite VHL team to visit?

5. What kind of music do you work out to?

6. Who do you think has been the surprise of the season as far as the overall standings go?

Edited by Hylands