New York Americans Press Conference Questions

STZ

1. Writing these questions, currently 3-2 down to Calgary. Say 1 nice thing about them. (If you can)

They are/were the better team. I think they win it all. 

2. What is one memory from this season that sticks out to you?

We had a hot start (for once). Didn't really last though lol.

3. What's the best bagel shop in NYC?

Montreal bagels > NY bagels

4. If you could be VHL commissioner for a day, what would be your first move?

To announce to everyone that I'm commissioner. Otherwise people would probably be confused ;)

5. September is upon us! Anything going on in your personal life? (School, etc.)

Work work work. Kept my full time job but added a part time job teaching so should be busy. 

6. I'll stick with the last question being an NHL one. Nominate an NHL player who should win the Conn Smythe Trophy. (Playoff MVP)

One of:

MacKinnon, Heiskanen, Hedman, Lehner

NcUcFyt.png NEW YORK AMERICANS PRESS CONFERENCE NcUcFyt.png

Week Ending 9/13

1. Well ladies and gentleman, that was the season. Game 7 heartbreaker. How was your playoff experience?

2. What do you see for yourself in the season ahead?

3. The draft is right around the corner, who is your pick to go 1st overall? (Warsaw won the lotto)

4. Our MVP this season, A Red Guy, is sadly retiring. Describe his career in 1 sentence.

5. Predict the Americans record next season.

6. The NHL playoffs are down to 4 teams! Which team do you want to see win the least? (NYI, VGK, DAL, TBL)

1. Well ladies and gentleman, that was the season. Game 7 heartbreaker. How was your playoff experience?

It's a bit disappointing, not going to lie. I was hoping that this would be our season to break through, but it wasn't meant to be.

2. What do you see for yourself in the season ahead?

It's likely to be free agency for me, so that's exciting. There's a lot of unknowns there, and it'll be exciting to see it shake out.

3. The draft is right around the corner, who is your pick to go 1st overall? (Warsaw won the lotto)

Aloe Dear makes sense. Warsaw as an expansion needs just about everything it can get right now.

4. Our MVP this season, A Red Guy, is sadly retiring. Describe his career in 1 sentence.

A great teammate that I'm proud to have played with these past six seasons.

5. Predict the Americans record next season.

It'll be a time for rebuilding, but I think the Americans still get a decent amount of wins. I'll say that it's 25 wins for the Americans.

6. The NHL playoffs are down to 4 teams! Which team do you want to see win the least? (NYI, VGK, DAL, TBL)

Living in Minnesota, there's definitely some residual anger against Dallas for stealing the North Stars. So I wouldn't be a fan of them winning.

Week Ending 9/20

S74 HYPE EDITION!

1. Season 74 is about to begin! Predict the S74 Continental Cup Finals matchup.

2. Who would you say is our "best kept secret"?

3. How many prediction points did you get from last season? What will you do differently this season prediction-wise?

4. The steal of the S74 VHL Entry Draft was _____?

5. Nominate yourself for a VHL award.

6. The NFL season has begun, will you be watching? And if so, who is your favourite team?

1) not sure..Seattle and Helsinki?

2) easy, Jerry Wang!

3) literally got one. I guess I’ll copy someone better lol

4) our picks. Got some good prospects for sure and Dman who will help out day one.

5) I’m going to go big and say best defensive defenceman! Aim high right?

6) oh yeah! Go rams baby. Big win last night. Unfortunately I couldn’t do the same in my week one of fantasy 

1. Seattle and Helstinki

2. Obviously not sharing who it is because that ruins the point of having a secret

3. I believe I didn't get any so uh I'm not good at it. Next time I'm going to do the opposite of what I think will happen and get all the points

4. On paper, Luke Thornton fell really far compared to where I would have selected him

5. I'm not in the VHL for awards. If I had to pick for the sake of the question, the most sportsmanlike member on the forums for sure

6. I don't watch the NFL. I only ever watch the Super Bowl and I don't really care who wins

Week Ending 9/27

1. We are 4-4-1 after 9 games at the time of writing, 2nd in the North American Conference. How do you feel about that?

2. Defenseman Hugh Jass has been incredible so far, with 16 points in 9 games. Will he eclipse his 61 points set last year?

3. Do you have any pre-game superstitions? If so, what are they?

4. Through 8-ish games for each team, which has been the most surprising start, good or bad?

5. If you could relocate one VHL or VHLM franchise, who would it be, where would they go, and why?

6. Dallas vs Tampa, Stanley Cup on the line. Who are you taking, and in how many games? (DAL leads 1-0)

1. We are 4-4-1 after 9 games at the time of writing, 2nd in the North American

Conference. How do you feel about that?

A bit surprised? I went through each team and had a quick look at their players the other day. Think I ranked us somewhere around the bottom 5 or 6. But glad to see we’ve been competitive 

2. Defenseman Hugh Jass has been incredible so far, with 16 points in 9 games. Will he eclipse his 61 points set last year?

Sure hope so! Was shocked to score 61 tbh, so I’m just enjoying this run while I can. Don’t expect it to stay at nearly 2 ppg.

Refresh the forum like a mad man around 6pm

4. Through 8-ish games for each team, which has been the most surprising start, good or bad?

we’ve surprised for sure. I think things will even out league wide though.

5. If you could relocate one VHL or VHLM franchise, who would it be, where would they go, and why?

New York to Washington DC. Americans makes more sense in the nations capital!

6. Dallas vs Tampa, Stanley Cup on the line. Who are you taking, and in how many games? (DAL leads 1-0)

Liking Tampa. But could go either way. Since my blues are out, I haven’t been watching.

1. I feel great about it! The teams doing well and in turn I am aswell hopoefully this will be a great year

2. Right now he is on pace to double his PPG this year! 

3. No pre-game superstitions around here

4. I think we are the most suprising 

5. I would relocate the missasuaga hounds to the Toronto Hounds It sounds better to me

6. Dallas for sure I always wanna see the underdog come out on top I am a toronto fan after all lol

1. We are 4-4-1 after 9 games at the time of writing, 2nd in the North American Conference. How do you feel about that?

I know we lost some good players last off season, but we did get a couple new ones. It's nice seeing Jass step up to the plate in a big role and carry us out this season.

He's going to be more than a point per game at the end of the season and I couldn't be happier for him. He's a great leader in the locker room and shows it on the ice as well.

I always half tie my left skate first, then tie my right skate and finish the left thereafter. I was interrupted one night before a game and we went on a 14 game winning streak in Houston, so I've kept at it ever since. 

4. Through 8-ish games for each team, which has been the most surprising start, good or bad?

I would say ours. Being a .500 team is nothing special mind you, but that says quite a bit when you consider our position in the American conference. It just means that the top teams in NA are fighting for contention so you never know who's going to win it all.

I think Yukon has been around quite a bit and could use a facelift. I would move them to a city in Quebec, considering the fact we have a sizeable population from that area in the forums. It would be nice if they had a team in the VHL representing them.

I'm a huge Boston fan so I can't want either of these teams to win. I want Tampa to win more than Dallas - for as long as Seguin is a Star. 

North American division finally looking weak. Unfortunately it's when we start the rebuild. Maybe playoffs?

Most definitely. Probably end up at the ppg rate.

Ice baths. Keeps you fresh.

4. Through 8-ish games for each team, which has been the most surprising start, good or bad?

Calgary was looking bad. Doing better now.

I'd be down for a Montreal team. D.C seems cursed so maybe move them. I guess NYA cursed too though.

I had Tampa in 5 before it started. After watching games 1 to 3, I could see it actually going that way but could also go 7. Series is physical. Taking Tampa either way.

Solid start for a rebuilding team

Yes!

Eating a bucket of fried chicken

4. Through 8-ish games for each team, which has been the most surprising start, good or bad?

Us!  I don't think anyone thought we would be competitive

I don't know but it would be nice to have a southern team.

LET'S GO BOLTS

Week Ending 10/4

1. We are 12-10-2 currently, if you had to attribute our winning record to one thing, what or who would it be?

2. Which player (VHL or NHL) do you look up to the most?

3. Come up with a VHL S74 hot take.

4. For those of you in VHFL, how do you feel about your team? If you didn't join, why not? ?

5. What is the worst VHL/VHLM logo in your opinion?

6. Whether you watch the NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, or any other sport, have you gotten used to watching games without fans? 

1. We are 12-10-2 currently, if you had to attribute our winning record to one thing, what or who would it be?

Someone's enormous butt is certainly helping. Guy is an asset.

VHL probably was Jet Jaguar. NHL Mark Stone maybe.

You know you've been around long when your not even sure what season it is. Doesn't matter... my take is Nolan gets a cup

4. For those of you in VHFL, how do you feel about your team? If you didn't join, why not? ?

Think it's doing well. Drafted some NY studs.

Halifax boats.

6. Whether you watch the NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, or any other sport, have you gotten used to watching games without fans? 

Pretty much yeah. I'd say its most noticeable in NFL though since they use to really pump up crowd noise. 

This didn’t age the best! But, I’d attribute our good start to goal scoring. One of the highest totals in the league

My goal is to score a ton like Condor Adrienne

NYA will win the draft lottery

4. For those of you in VHFL, how do you feel about your team? If you didn't join, why not? ?

good question! Haven’t checked in. Let’s have a look.

myself (Hugh jass)- killing it! 
Saskamoose- so far so good! Having a great year

Gunnar- BUST. Didn’t know he was back in CGY when I took him.

Jubris- not bad. Over a ppg. Hitting well. My first two picks not so hot though, could have had a much better team

Marleau- Has the same points as Jubris (44) and is hitting a ton just like I thought he would.

Eagles- rough year.

Like my team though with Jass/Moose

Worst VHL? Davos maybe? It’s just kind of meh.

6. Whether you watch the NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, or any other sport, have you gotten used to watching games without fans

hasn’t bothered me at all!

1. Hugh Jass is carrying the team on his back this season. 

2. Again, Hugh Jass is carrying the team and he's a great leader in the locker room. 

3. Riga gets swepped in the first round of the playoffs. 

4. I'm in the top 10 this season for the VHFL so I think I'm happy with my team. 

5. I hate the Seattle Bears logo for so many reasons. 

6. I haven't gotten used to it and I probably won't for a while. 

Week Ending 10/11

1. First and foremost, we say goodbye to longtime American Owen Nolan. How do you feel about the trade?

2. If you were in the seat of Birb as NYA GM, would you make more moves before the deadline?

3. Have you checked out the VHL twitter page? Apparently there is going to be regular tweets there from now on. (https://twitter.com/VHL_Sim)

4. It seems to already be time for S75 Draft Scouting. Any prospects catch your eye?

5. In case you missed it, Tampa Bay won the 2019-20 Stanley Cup! Who is winning in 2020-21?

6. Do you prefer graphic or media spot point tasks? Why?

Edited by dlamb

1. First and foremost, we say goodbye to longtime American Owen Nolan. How do you feel about the trade?

One of the OGs of this current era. Big time contributor. Leaves myself, Wilcox and MGS in terms of guys who were here when I got here.

2. If you were in the seat of Birb as NYA GM, would you make more moves before the deadline?

Not sure what else we can do. He had the decision to try and make a run at a high pick or the playoffs, and I think with trading Nolan that he made that choice. If he really wanted to commit, maybe trade MGS? 

3. Have you checked out the VHL twitter page? Apparently there is going to be regular tweets there from now on. (https://twitter.com/VHL_Sim)

I follow it. Beavis tweets from there all the time.

4. It seems to already be time for S75 Draft

Scouting. Any prospects catch your eye?

no one in particular but I’ll just say this. Forwards, forwards, forwards.

5. In case you missed it, Tampa Bay won the 2019-20 Stanley Cup! Who is winning in 2020-21?

have to say my Blues!

6. Do you prefer graphic or media spot point tasks? Why?

media spot. I can’t do graphics to save my life!!

Week Ending 10/18

1. We currently sit 22-25-5 at the time of posting, good for 7th in the North American conference. Which place do you see us finishing in?

2. We have the 7th best "goals for" in the league, why do you think we have been scoring so many goals?

3. Reflecting on the theme of "Dream Teams" last week, who is 1 player in VHL history you wish you could have played with?

4. With the recruitment drive bringing in hundreds of new members, do you think the VHLM should expand? Where should the next team be?

5. I don't think I've asked this before, but when and how did you get into VHL?

6. The LA Lakers won the 2019-20 NBA Championship. Is LeBron the GOAT?

1. We currently sit 22-25-5 at the time of posting, good for 7th in the North American conference. Which place do you see us finishing in?

the lower the better! Team tank baby!!

2. We have the 7th best "goals for" in the league, why do you think we have been scoring so many goals?

I’m not sure. I think we’ve allowed the most though, so that’s probably our downfall.

3. Reflecting on the theme of "Dream Teams" last week, who is 1 player in VHL history you wish you could have played with?

Would love to have been on a PP with some

of the defensive greats. 

4. With the recruitment drive bringing in hundreds of new members, do you think the VHLM should expand? Where should the next team be?

i think we need a team back on the East Coast of Canada!

5. I don't think I've asked this before, but when and how did you get into VHL?

many years ago. I’ve been a member on this site since 2014, but I was in the OG VHL and other sim leagues long before that. Don’t remember how I even got into them tbh

6. The LA Lakers won the 2019-20 NBA Championship. Is LeBron the GOAT?

still Think it’s Jordan. 

Week Ending 10/25

1. Who is NYA's MVP thus far?

2. Nearing the end of S74, how satisfied are you with your season? 

3. If you had to pick one, what is the best VHL player name?

4. NYA prospects are lighting up the VHLM, is there anyone specific you are excited to see in a NYA uniform next season?

5. Who was the best NHL Free Agency signing this year?

6. It's sp00ky szn! Are you dressing up for Halloween?

1. Who is NYA's MVP thus far?

We’re very close to last place. I don’t think anyone has been too valuable lol!

2. Nearing the end of S74, how satisfied are you with your season? 

Super happy. My goal was a point per game, and to do well in hits/SB. I’m up to 85 points and have doubled my previous career high in hits. Also just set a new high for shots blocked!

3. If you had to pick one, what is the best VHL player name?

Big fan of European names. Bek has a good one, like the name Mikko.

4. NYA prospects are lighting up the VHLM, is there anyone specific you are excited to see in a NYA uniform next season?

Strong Jr and Rhynex have been killing it. With them coming up and our lottery pick

this year, we’re going to have a young team

next year with a good future.

5. Who was the best NHL Free Agency signing this year?

Im biased but my Blues picking up Torey Krug was a huge surprise and im Really happy about it

6. It's sp00ky szn! Are you dressing up for Halloween?

Not this year. A few years ago I was Hulk Hogan though

Week Ending 11/1

1. 28-37-7. Sum up our season using a song or movie title.

2. The playoffs have begun! Who is your Continental Cup Champion prediction?

3. Have you looked at the names in the upcoming draft? Anyone you know?

4. Does your player have a nickname? If so, what is it?

5. What is your favourite "cheat day" food?

6. Any early S75 hot takes about your player?

1. 28-37-7. Sum up our season using a song or movie title.

2. The playoffs have begun! Who is your Continental Cup Champion prediction?

3. Have you looked at the names in the upcoming draft? Anyone you know?

4. Does your player have a nickname? If so, what is it?

5. What is your favourite "cheat day" food?

6. Any early S75 hot takes about your player?

1) Oh man. Probably a documentary on Tanks in World War II. But one featuring a tank that didn’t do its full job and ended up as the last lotto pick.

2) I don’t even know who’s good. Been focusing on the bottom of the standings this year. I’ll say Helsinki.

3) I’ve been following it, hoping we get a forward. I think Kelly or Thatcher would be our best bet.

4) No nickname. I guess in hockey terms it’d be Jasser? 

5) Have a serious taco addiction.

6) I’m not on the same team come day one of the season.