New York Americans Press Conference Questions

STZ

:nya: NEW YORK AMERICANS PRESS CONFERENCE :nya:

For Week-Ending of Feb 20/22

1) Last week I made a media spot about my VHLM team and how we were doing super well. We were on a an 8 game winning streak but as soon as I posted that Media Spot we immediately lost four straight games. Do you believe in sports curses (like jinxing a shutout in hockey or a no-hitter in baseball) or is it just bad luck?

2) Our trade deadline is quickly approaching. Do you think the New York Americans should buy or sell at the deadline, or just keep the team as is?

3)  The Super Bowl was last night and the Halftime Show with Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Mary J Blige, Kendrick Lamar and Eminem was a big hit. It really gave me a ton of nostalgia from my high school days. If you watched the halftime show, what did you think of it? Alternatively, what were a couple of your goto artists/bands in high school that you listened to all the time?

4) One of my favorite Superbowl prop bets is betting on what color the Gatorade will be when it is dumped on the coach at the end of the game when the winning team wins. It's such a random thing to gamble on but it's funny. It was blue this year! What is your favorite flavor of Gatorade, or if you aren't a Gatorade enjoyer do you like any other kinds of sports drinks?

5) I am currently playing Lost Ark, an MMORPG that was just released last week on Steam. I am pretty obsessed with it right now, logging a ton of hours. What was the last game that you sunk a ton of hours into or alternatively what activities do you get really into that you find you put  alot of time into?

6) The VHL community is currently very frustrated with the "meta" issue the league is experiencing. People are particularly upset that Vancouver has found so much success by stacking their team with a lot of players who use these meta builds. What is your solution to the meta problem? What can be changed to make things better?

1) Last week I made a media spot about my VHLM team and how we were doing super well. We were on a an 8 game winning streak but as soon as I posted that Media Spot we immediately lost four straight games. Do you believe in sports curses (like jinxing a shutout in hockey or a no-hitter in baseball) or is it just bad luck?

A little bit of both. Jinxes are definitely a thing, but it does come with a little bad luck. If you really are as good as you say you are, nothing no curse or jinx can stop you.

2) Our trade deadline is quickly approaching. Do you think the New York Americans should buy or sell at the deadline, or just keep the team as is?

Up to the management, honestly they should do whatever is best for the future of the franchise. Should probably be selling what we can, in my opinion, but that's above my pay grade.

3)  The Super Bowl was last night and the Halftime Show with Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Mary J Blige, Kendrick Lamar and Eminem was a big hit. It really gave me a ton of nostalgia from my high school days. If you watched the halftime show, what did you think of it? Alternatively, what were a couple of your goto artists/bands in high school that you listened to all the time?

I liked it, although it seemed quite short and quiet. I love the west coast rap scene, and of course Eminem. In high school I listened to a lot of The Strokes, Arctic Monkeys, and Tame Impala. 

4) One of my favorite Superbowl prop bets is betting on what color the Gatorade will be when it is dumped on the coach at the end of the game when the winning team wins. It's such a random thing to gamble on but it's funny. It was blue this year! What is your favorite flavor of Gatorade, or if you aren't a Gatorade enjoyer do you like any other kinds of sports drinks?

I saw a lot of people talking about this on Tiktok, it's funny because someone said 80% of the time it is not one of the team's colours. Well, we hit the 20% this year. My favourite is probably white or blue.

5) I am currently playing Lost Ark, an MMORPG that was just released last week on Steam. I am pretty obsessed with it right now, logging a ton of hours. What was the last game that you sunk a ton of hours into or alternatively what activities do you get really into that you find you put  alot of time into?

Two games I am sinking hours into right now, and that is FIFA 22 and Eastside Hockey Manager. EHM I always gain hours in, because I participate in online leagues. I bought FIFA on sale during a Christmas sale and have definitely been getting my money's worth playing Ultimate Team.

6) The VHL community is currently very frustrated with the "meta" issue the league is experiencing. People are particularly upset that Vancouver has found so much success by stacking their team with a lot of players who use these meta builds. What is your solution to the meta problem? What can be changed to make things better?

It is what it is. There will always be a meta, a way to make the best team. But we could definitely mitigate the issue, and the main way is obviously switching sim engines, but that isn't logistically possible. My solution personally would be to ramp up the TPE scale so that you can't get to 40/99 so easily.

5 hours ago, fromtheinside said:

1. I do not but it's annoying to lose after talking about how good your doing.

2. I think some changes need to happen to get out of our losing ways but I don't have any trade suggestions.

3. I didn't watch it and I'm still in high school and don't listen to much mainstream music.

4. I like blue maybe white as 2nd place.

5. I play all the sports games 2k nhl madden...

6. I honestly have no idea what your talking about. 😕

1. I absolutely believe in curses in sports. Especially after your bloody article! Of course it could be a coincidence but that's less dramatic. 

2. In my expert opinion(I'm surprised multiple vhl teams haven’t offered me a job tbh), I think NY should accumulate as many future draft picks to give themselves a chance of picking Voss. 

3. Besides the shit sound quality and obvious miming, I didn't mind it. Eminem as the lone white dude was funny and was the closest that Detroit will get to the superbowl. Dre is still a legend. 

4. Not sure if it's called the same in NA, but here it's lemon lime I think. I can't stand the Berry flavours tbh. 

5. I haven't had time to play anything for an extended period since the Witcher 3. Yes, I know. I still suck at Gwent. 

6. My solution is very simple and incredibly short term. Delete Vancouver. 

On 2/14/2022 at 1:22 PM, fromtheinside said:

1. I truthfully believe that the situation is bad luck and with sports I try my best to not believe or fall too much on curses or superstitions, however I definitely would rather stay safe than sorry. Game isn't over till it's over so you can't get too cocky till it's over.
2. I think in regards to the team, we should do something rather than nothing. Whether we sell every piece for a future draft pick or use every first rounder for a superstar, we need to do something. We're currently under .500 and have a lot of potential, we need to do something. Sell or Buy.
3. Oh the halftime show was INCREDIBLE. Makes me wonder how the hell they're going to make that better next year, tough to beat something like that. I'd say most of the bands I listened to in high school, I still listen to this day. I'd say a lot of Queens of the Stone Age, TOOL, The Neighbourhood and plenty of variety.
4. Honestly seems like an easy bet, you know? I'd assume the color would match the team color, the Rams having blue and Bengals having orange but it makes sense. My favorite Gatorade color is red, I can drink it down like water without a problem. Always the first go to when picking a flavor.
5. I'd say for sure the most recent one would be either NEO: The World Ends With You or Yakuza: Like a Dragon. Both took plenty of hours of my time with grinding and handling tough enemies but overall both got finished, worth every second.
6. I honestly got no idea what this "meta" build stuff is but I do recall hearing it from time to time, my best guess is that it goes with how people create their characters. I would say the best way to handle this is adjust the use of attributes. Some attributes are completely worthless, some are not worth anything at a certain point and it's because the simulation doesn't properly work with it. If anything adjust how effective a statistic is, have it possible where one statistic will effect the other, for instance if I increase scoring, I decrease defense. We shouldn't blame Vancouver for taking advantage of a situation like this, they took an opportunity and it's working for em. Don't hate the player, hate the game. 

For Week-Ending of Feb 27/22

1)  It was announced yesterday that this week will be VHL Theme Week. The theme is VHL Dream Teams. If you could put together a top forward line and/or defensive pairing  with current players in the VHL, who would you choose and why?

2) We are over halfway through the season now. In the NA Conference Vancouver is on top once again, but in the European Conference there's been some movement with London, Riga, and Prague taking the top three spots, while Malmo and Moscow have fallen a bit. Are you surprised by how the standings look right now. Do you think any teams have overachieved or underachieved?

3) Here in Canada we just had a long weekend this past week so I was over at my mom's for  dinner last night and she made homemade lasagna and it was amazing. What are some of your favourite homemade dishes whether it be something your parents make or something you like to make on your own?

4) Wordle is a daily word puzzle game that has currently been sweeping the nation in popularity. Are you a wordler or have you tried it at all and if so how do you like it? If not, do you have any games or apps on your phone that you like to use to kill time?

5)  I have a neighbor who lives in the unit next to me  and he is a little bat-shit crazy. He is constantly yelling at his pet cat about random shit and I can hear every word since the walls in the apartment are paper thin. Have you had any memorable neighbors during your life (good or bad)?

6) A couple of weeks ago I asked you what you would take first overall in the chocolate bar draft. This week we are drafting breakfast cereals. You are on the clock with pick one, who you taking and why?

1 hour ago, fromtheinside said:

For Week-Ending of Feb 27/22

1)  It was announced yesterday that this week will be VHL Theme Week. The theme is VHL Dream Teams. If you could put together a top forward line and/or defensive pairing  with current players in the VHL, who would you choose and why?

2) We are over halfway through the season now. In the NA Conference Vancouver is on top once again, but in the European Conference there's been some movement with London, Riga, and Prague taking the top three spots, while Malmo and Moscow have fallen a bit. Are you surprised by how the standings look right now. Do you think any teams have overachieved or underachieved?

3) Here in Canada we just had a long weekend this past week so I was over at my mom's for  dinner last night and she made homemade lasagna and it was amazing. What are some of your favourite homemade dishes whether it be something your parents make or something you like to make on your own?

4) Wordle is a daily word puzzle game that has currently been sweeping the nation in popularity. Are you a wordler or have you tried it at all and if so how do you like it? If not, do you have any games or apps on your phone that you like to use to kill time?

5)  I have a neighbor who lives in the unit next to me  and he is a little bat-shit crazy. He is constantly yelling at his pet cat about random shit and I can hear every word since the walls in the apartment are paper thin. Have you had any memorable neighbors during your life (good or bad)?

6) A couple of weeks ago I asked you what you would take first overall in the chocolate bar draft. This week we are drafting breakfast cereals. You are on the clock with pick one, who you taking and why?

1. I don't follow all the players close enough to know who I'd want. 

2. It's kind of surprising to see Vancouver on top again. They can't stay good forever right?

3. I love my moms mashed potatoes they are the best.

4. I have not played it. Right now I play Retro bowl a lot.

5. I have had no neighbors most of my life we used to live by a business park and senior home but I just in the last year moved and for the first time had neighbors.

6. Right now I'd probably take cinnamon toast crunch.

1)  It was announced yesterday that this week will be VHL Theme Week. The theme is VHL Dream Teams. If you could put together a top forward line and/or defensive pairing  with current players in the VHL, who would you choose and why?

Lamb - Dude - Idaho

Peepants - Chara

Rasputin

All hit leaders and an MVP candidate. We'll force them to forfeit.

Malmo and Moscow have definitely underachieved, but the rest of the standings look about the same as you could predict. I guess you could call London an overachiever, they look really good going forward.

3) Here in Canada we just had a long weekend this past week so I was over at my mom's for  dinner last night and she made homemade lasagna and it was amazing. What are some of your favourite homemade dishes whether it be something your parents make or something you like to make on your own?

My grandma makes the best pedaheh, and my other grandma makes the best mac n' cheese. Always something to look forward to at each of my Easter's/Christmas'/Thanksgiving's.

Definitely a wordler when I remember to do it. I like it, it gets your brain going for the day ahead. Way better than a crossword or sudoku. I don't really have anything else like it tbh. The last few have been fake words, though.

5)  I have a neighbor who lives in the unit next to me  and he is a little bat-shit crazy. He is constantly yelling at his pet cat about random shit and I can hear every word since the walls in the apartment are paper thin. Have you had any memorable neighbors during your life (good or bad)?

I've never really had any experiences with neighbors, good or bad. All I ask is that they keep to themselves, and I do the same.

May have to agree with 2hawk here, Cinnamon Toast Crunch. However I am a big fan of Life cereal as well. hmmmmm....

• 2 weeks later...

For Week-Ending of Mar 06/22

1) We are now in the final week of the regular season. How did you feel your own player's performance this season, was it underwhelming or did it exceed your expectations, or was it about what you expected?

2) At the trade deadline we decided to send Tavish DeGroot to LA for a first-round pick. Rory got his player on his own team, and we got a first round pick for this upcoming draft. Do you think this was a good move or should we have gotten more for him OR should we have just held on to him?

3)   As I am sure you are aware by now, Russia has been invading Ukraine over the past week or so. As a result, there have been a lot of actions taken against Russia and the citizens of Russia across all platforms and genres. The IIHF and FIFA have both said Russia will not be allowed to compete in their respective competitions. Do you think this is the right move or do you think it's unfair to the athletes?

4) Looking ahead to next season,. are there any users/players you think we should target in the upcoming draft and/or free agency?

5) In the last seven days,. what was the best meal you've had?

6) I feel question number six is now permanently the "draft" question now. Non-alcoholic beverages, who you taking first overall and why?

3 minutes ago, fromtheinside said:

1) We are now in the final week of the regular season. How did you feel your own player's performance this season, was it underwhelming or did it exceed your expectations, or was it about what you expected?

2) At the trade deadline we decided to send Tavish DeGroot to LA for a first-round pick. Rory got his player on his own team, and we got a first round pick for this upcoming draft. Do you think this was a good move or should we have gotten more for him OR should we have just held on to him?

3)   As I am sure you are aware by now, Russia has been invading Ukraine over the past week or so. As a result, there have been a lot of actions taken against Russia and the citizens of Russia across all platforms and genres. The IIHF and FIFA have both said Russia will not be allowed to compete in their respective competitions. Do you think this is the right move or do you think it's unfair to the athletes?

4) Looking ahead to next season,. are there any users/players you think we should target in the upcoming draft and/or free agency?

6) I feel question number six is now permanently the "draft" question now. Non-alcoholic beverages, who you taking first overall and why?

1. I think I under performed from where I wanted to be...

2. Wish we could of got more but a first rd is a first rd...

3. The shouldn't punish the athletes cause of the leaders of these country's...

4. I just recreated my new player (wink wink)

5. Steak,  potatoes, corn carrots. 

6. A year ago I would of said pepsi. But now I'm boring and just drink water so I would say Water...

2 hours ago, fromtheinside said:

1. I wish I did a little better but I'm not to upset.

2. I think that's a decent return.

3. I think punishing the athletes won't work Putin dosen't care enough about the athletes to worry about it.

4. Not the slightest idea.

5. I had a end of season banquet for my basketball team and it was a potluck with tones of good food.

6. That's tough. Maybe dr. Pepper or root beer.

For Week-Ending of Mar 13/22

1) The season is officially in the books. Sadly, it's another season in the lottery for the New York Americans. As you are cleaning out your locker room stall for the season, what are your final thoughts on the season we just had?

2) The league announced this past week it's big plans for the coming seasons. There are going to be new categories to roll your points into with the goal of eliminating the current meta. What do you think of the overhauled system and have you given any thought of how you are going to build your player going forward?

3) In Canada they announced this week that in a week and a half masks will no longer be mandatory out in public. A lot of my co-workers have said they might keep wearing one now as the new normal. Do you think this might finally be the end of COVID and are you planning to stop wearing a mask or will you continue to wear one?

4) What plans do you have in real life for this upcoming summer? A lot of people close to me seem to be planning trips now that it seems to be safe to travel again. If you could travel anywhere right now where would you want to go?

5) In five years from now, where do you see yourself? Do you have any major long-term goals set for yourself in the upcoming years or you just living your best life?

6)  What do you plan on doing with your offseason in the VHL? You gonna take a break for a few weeks or do you want to participate in the offseason tournaments like the Vicotry ProAm?  Do you think the offseason is too short, too long or just right?

1) The season is officially in the books. Sadly, it's another season in the lottery for the New York Americans. As you are cleaning out your locker room stall for the season, what are your final thoughts on the season we just had?

The season went pretty much as expected to be honest, there was a glimmer of playoff hope at the start of the season, but I'm sure it's better for the long term to gain some top prospects right now.

2) The league announced this past week it's big plans for the coming seasons. There are going to be new categories to roll your points into with the goal of eliminating the current meta. What do you think of the overhauled system and have you given any thought of how you are going to build your player going forward?

I'm going to try to build my player the same as I have planned - a scoring, checking forward. Goals and hits are my goal, so hopefully I can get back to the likes of this season with the new attributes. I'm happy the meta is being abolished, it's healthy for the league as a whole.

3) In Canada they announced this week that in a week and a half masks will no longer be mandatory out in public. A lot of my co-workers have said they might keep wearing one now as the new normal. Do you think this might finally be the end of COVID and are you planning to stop wearing a mask or will you continue to wear one?

I don't think this is completely the end, but we'll see. Masks will definitely be the norm for some people for possibly years to come. I think the hard "lockdowns" are a thing of the past.

4) What plans do you have in real life for this upcoming summer? A lot of people close to me seem to be planning trips now that it seems to be safe to travel again. If you could travel anywhere right now where would you want to go?

Nothing planned yet, it's still so uncertain when and where we can go at any given moment. But if I could travel anywhere, California, Boston, and Japan are on the list. 

5) In five years from now, where do you see yourself? Do you have any major long-term goals set for yourself in the upcoming years or you just living your best life?

In a perfect world, graduated from University and working for a city. In 5 years I hope I have a bit more stability than I have right now.

6)  What do you plan on doing with your offseason in the VHL? You gonna take a break for a few weeks or do you want to participate in the offseason tournaments like the Vicotry ProAm?  Do you think the offseason is too short, too long or just right?

As a GM, there is no break here. If anything, it's when the job starts. Draft/FA prep mostly. I don't think I'll participate in any off-season activities like the ProAM, sadly.

• 5 weeks later...

For Week-Ending of Apr 10/22

1) The VHL Draft was this week and the New York Americans were able to secure their future starting goalie, as well as a future forward with their two first round picks. How would you rate the Americans' draft?

2) We are on what feels like the 50th week of the offseason. What does your player like to do with their free time in the offseason?

3) What teams do you think will emerge as contenders in the post-meta era of the VHL and why?

4)  How do you feel about you new build heading into the new season? Alternatively what are some of the best or worst builds you've seen around the league?

5) Auston Matthews just potted his 57th and 58th goals and seems like a lock to net 60 by season's end. Do you think he has surpassed Connor McDavid this season for best player in the league, or do you think someone outside these two players is even better?

6) The baseball season started this week. April is one of the best times of year because NBA and NHL are both wrapping up and about to start playoffs, you have the Masters this weekend, and baseball is finally in full swing. What sports do you like to watch during your freetime, and which teams are your favourites?

Edited by fromtheinside

1) The VHL Draft was this week and the New York Americans were able to secure their future starting goalie, as well as a future forward with their two first round picks. How would you rate the Americans' draft?
Being that I was apart of the draft and that future franchise goalie, I feel very, very good. I really like how the team is shaping up and looks in terms of our future here. 

2) We are on what feels like the 50th week of the offseason. What does your player like to do with their free time in the offseason?
Usually, prepare for the next season, but with this off-season being extended he's gone home to see his family in the meantime, sometime he doesn't get to do too often. 

3) What teams do you think will emerge as contenders in the post-meta era of the VHL and why?
I'm thinking on both sides of the world, we'll likely see a Riga vs Toronto finals of some sort, I really think Riga is going to turn it around here and be an insane team that should well surpass any expectations. 

4)  How do you feel about you new build heading into the new season? Alternatively what are some of the best or worst builds you've seen around the league?

I'm a goalie so I am completely unaffected by the change, I've played around with it and found some fun builds though for the future! 

5) Auston Matthews just potted his 57th and 58th goals and seems like a lock to net 60 by season's end. Do you think he has surpassed Connor McDavid this season for best player in the league, or do you think someone outside these two players is even better?
I think Matthews is not the best player in the league, as he would need to be great CONSTANTLY but he is easily a top player this season 100%. 

6) The baseball season started this week. April is one of the best times of year because NBA and NHL are both wrapping up and about to start playoffs, you have the Masters this weekend, and baseball is finally in full swing. What sports do you like to watch during your freetime, and which teams are your favourites?
Toronto Blue Jays always, the playoffs for NBA also coming up and of course the Masters and Tiger, I'm old school, don't need any of these new bucks. 

1. I think draft went really good for NYA, got many picks, so lets see what the future team will look like :)
2. Spend time with friends and family, and go on a vacation.
3. I think vancouver still looks strong. But it will be a new experience for everyone in the new season, so teams             which didnt played that good in last seasons can surprise.
4. Well its new, but still expect to be good with scoring some goals. 
5. Matthews is a scoring machine, he is having a great season. But McDavid is having a great one too, leading the        NHL with points, so i call it a draw for now in this season :D
6. I really enjoy watching NHL, but also soccer.

23 hours ago, fromtheinside said:

For Week-Ending of Apr 10/22

1)I would rate that we drafted well. Building a future core is key and I am excited to be apart of that. 

2)I know this could be a stereotype but my player loves to golf. The weather is getting better on the east coast, and I am taking advantage of it! Also he's not that good lol. 

3)Not gonna lie, I havent looked into that much. As someone who just got drafted I am not sure the condition and quality each team has. I guess I will find out. 

4)I would say I feel pretty confident about my build. I have talked to people around the league, as well as looked at what other top VHL prospects have put for their TPE. I am not sure what a build build consists of yet, because we havent played a game. Lots of unknowns for this season

5)This is tough. Mcdavid is just so consistent in getting points each and every year. Matthews has been better this season, but I believe Mcdavid is still on top. 

6)Oddly enough I am a big NASCAR fan, I am a big Kyle Larson fan. I dont really watch the MLB or NBA. Soccer would be what my player also watches. Manchester United is the team!!!!

For Week-Ending of Apr 17/22

1)  The New York Americans recently traded a couple of future picks to Vancouver in exchange for Jerome and Tyler Reinhart. What do you think of this trade and how do you think the Reinhart brothers will do in New York?

2) We are on the cusp of starting Season 83 with games starting next week. While we have drafted a couple solid players in the draft this offseason, and acquired a couple of high end players, we are still missing some essential pieces to be a complete team. How do you expect the team will compete in this upcoming season? 

3) What goals do you have for your player this season either TPE-earning wise or statistically speaking?

4) In NHL broadcasts, you sometimes hear the commentators say the Stanley Cup is the hardest trophy to win in all of sports. Do you agree with this. If so, why? If not, what championship trophy do you think is the hardest to win?

5) Who is your pick to win the Continental Cup this year and why do you think they will win? Also what is your prediction for the final? (which two teams and in how many games will the series go)

6) What is your favourite jersey in all of sports? It can be a home, road, alternate, anything you want!

Edited by fromtheinside

3 hours ago, fromtheinside said:

For Week-Ending of Apr 17/22

1)  The New York Americans recently traded a couple of future picks to Vancouver in exchange for Jerome and Tyler Reinhart. What do you think of this trade and how do you think the Reinhart brothers will do in New York?

2) We are on the cusp of starting Season 83 with games starting next week. While we have drafted a couple solid players in the draft this offseason, and acquired a couple of high end players, we are still missing some essential pieces to be a complete team. How do you expect the team will compete in this upcoming season? 

3) What goals do you have for your player this season either TPE-earning wise or statistically speaking?

4) In NHL broadcasts, you sometimes hear the commentators say the Stanley Cup is the hardest trophy to win in all of sports. Do you agree with this. If so, why? If not, what championship trophy do you think is the hardest to win?

5) Who is your pick to win the Continental Cup this year and why do you think they will win? Also what is your prediction for the final? (which two teams and in how many games will the series go)

6) What is your favourite jersey in all of sports? It can be a home, road, alternate, anything you want!

1. Jerome's a bust but Tyler is a great pick up for the franchise. I think both players will hopefully help New York out of the rebuild

2. Hopefully mid pack and playoffs, preseason is a good sign so I think we have a good chance at doing some damage this season

3. earn 0 tpe and still get over ppg 😤

4. If the Stanley Cup is anything like the Continental Cup that thing is easy to win. But yeah so many teams competing for it and with it nearly impossible to create super teams it's easily the hardest trophy to win.

5. New York baby I'm expecting the Cinderella story for the ages and the Reinhart bros getting their 4th straight cup

6. 2014 Detroit RedWings Heritage classic, that thing is a beauty 

For Week-Ending of Apr 24/22

1) The first handful of games for this season have finally happened. How is your player feeling after the first handful of games?

2) If your player was a multi-sport athlete, what other sport do you think they would excel in and why?

3) The Reinhart brothers have arrived in New York. They have both been in the league a few years now, but have only ever known success and winning. This will be the first taste of adversity in their careers. What do you expect from them going forward or how do you think they will handle it?

4) There are rumors swirling that sophomore Vasile Lamb could be on the move before the end of his entry-level contract. Do you think trading away the young phenom is a bad move or a good move?

5) Did you participate in VHFL this season? If so how do you think you did? If not, have you ever done VHFL in the past and if so how did you do?

6) We are almost through April and summer is quickly sneaking up on us. Do you have any plans for yourself this summer?

18 hours ago, fromtheinside said:

For Week-Ending of Apr 24/22

1) The first handful of games for this season have finally happened. How is your player feeling after the first handful of games?

2) If your player was a multi-sport athlete, what other sport do you think they would excel in and why?

3) The Reinhart brothers have arrived in New York. They have both been in the league a few years now, but have only ever known success and winning. This will be the first taste of adversity in their careers. What do you expect from them going forward or how do you think they will handle it?

4) There are rumors swirling that sophomore Vasile Lamb could be on the move before the end of his entry-level contract. Do you think trading away the young phenom is a bad move or a good move?

5) Did you participate in VHFL this season? If so how do you think you did? If not, have you ever done VHFL in the past and if so how did you do?

6) We are almost through April and summer is quickly sneaking up on us. Do you have any plans for yourself this summer?

1. As a player I feel I could be doing better but I could be way worse. I am not happy with how we have played as a team so far.

2. Probably Baseball or Basketball.

3. I think if they stay long enough they will see winning days here in New York.

4. A bad move unless we get somebody really good In return.

5. I have never done it so.. no comment.

6. I have a few different trips planned bit mostly a lot of work. 

Pretty good. The points and hits are both coming, which I am very happy with. I wish we were getting some more wins though, obviously!

Some type of combat sport. Let's say boxing. Vasile is super gritty, tough, and will put the work in training for these fights.

They definitely become pillars of this franchise. I hope they'll stay around for a while, because they are main pieces we can use to make this team into a contender again.

Bad move for NY, good move for any team that picks him up. I have not requested a trade outright, and I would only want to move if the management believed that it would help this franchise in the long run.

As a top-5 VHFLer last season, I hope that I'm up there again. Very happy with how my team rounded out, but with the hybrid attributes, you won't really know until later into the season. Fingers crossed.

Nothing concrete planned. Just lots of camping, beach days, and drinking, hopefully haha.

For Week-Ending of May 01/22

1) What team in the VHL do you think has been most surprising for better or for worse so far this season?

2) If you could visit any American city for a weekend trip, where would you go and what would you do while there?

3) If the VHL were to expand, name two cities you think would be good choices for expansion.

4) What is your more recently played song or name a song that you've been listening to a ton lately.

5) I just finished binging the final half season of Ozark. Are you watching any TV shows currently, or what is a recent show that you've really enjoyed. Or if you aren't a TV person, name a movie you've watched recently.

6) What is something you are deathly afraid of? How long has this fear existed for?

For Week-Ending of May 08/22

1) If you could rebrand the New York Americans, what would you call them and what would you use for a logo?

2) How satisfied are you with your player's performance up to this point in the season? Are you doing better or worse than you expected?

3) The NHL playoffs started this week. Who do you think is going to win the Cup, or who are you cheering for? If you aren't a hockey enjoyer, what other sports have you been watching?

4) Today is Mother's Day. Anything special planned for today or is it just  just another Sunday for ya?

5) What's your go-to for fast-food or are you a health-freak and only consume things that aren't garbage for you?

6) Earlier this week was May 4th, also known as Star Wars Day (May the Fourth Be With You. Star Wars is one of my favourite movie franchises. What is your favourite movie franchise or just a couple of your favourite movies?

• 1 month later...

For Week-Ending of June 19, 2022

1). What are you looking forward to most this off-season?

2). What role do you see yourself in during S84 in New York's program?  VHL?  VHLE?  Starter?

3). What tournament is there not already that you would like to see?

4). There's only one ice cream bar in the fridge...  mint chocolote chip or rocky road?

5). What attribute in the new build do you think is underrated?  Overrated?

6). How many states have you been to in the United States?