New York Americans Press Conference Questions

STZ

Are you excited for the WJC?

Sure, why not. I was there once, and it's a great introduction to international tournaments for young players, as they begin their VHL journey.

Who do you think will win?

USA-USA-USA. Yes, I think the United States takes the title this time around. Strong overall team and well led.

Do you sing your country's national anthem or just mouth the words?

Oh, I sing it alright. I belt it from the top of my lungs. Only problem is the anthem itself. The Norwegian anthem isn't exactly "catchy".

What team would you like to GM in the WJC?

Team Europe. Obviously. What a better place to return to then the continent of my childhood. It would be a great honor.

Would you ever burn a flag if you knew you wouldn't get caught?

Just one....

tumblr_palizer1YQ1tsf68ao1_400.gif

You just got a penalty for unsportman like conduct, what did you do?

I told the ref that I fucked his wife.

On 3/25/2019 at 5:28 AM, BladeMaiden said:

Hey Everyone! It is WJC week so as Co-Commissioner i decided to give everyone some themed questions to answer.  WJC Questions...

1. Are you excited for the WJC?
  2. Who are you rooting for and why?
  3. Who do you think will win?
  4. Who do you think Claims MVP?
  5. Who Makes the All-star team?
  6. Do you sing your country's national anthem or just mouth the words?
  7. What team would you like to GM in the WJC?
  8. one player to snag from another team to add to your current team who is of the same nationality!
  9. Would you ever burn a flag if you knew you wouldn't get caught?
  10. You just got a penalty for unsportman like conduct, what did you do?
  11. Jersey colour swap for WJC special jerseys, what colours would you give each team?
  12. What is your fav task to gain tpe and why?

-Blade

1- Yes! It's a great tournament and it gives the young guys a place to shine. I love it and loved participating on it.

2- Europe, obviously. I've managed it and got our first bronze and I hope they win many more medals.

6- Spain's national anthem doesn't have any words, so... Not like I would sing it anyway, I prefer "Els Segadors"

7- Europe, but I think giving inexperienced guys their first GM experience is better for the league.

12- My GM job. I absolutely love it and I've been finding myself more invested in the team than in my own player, having a team rocks!

10- Roughing Brick probably ;) for being a bitch and leaving Carles lmao

On 3/24/2019 at 10:28 PM, BladeMaiden said:

Hey Everyone! It is WJC week so as Co-Commissioner i decided to give everyone some themed questions to answer.  WJC Questions...

1. Are you excited for the WJC?
  2. Who are you rooting for and why?
  3. Who do you think will win?
  4. Who do you think Claims MVP?
  5. Who Makes the All-star team?
  6. Do you sing your country's national anthem or just mouth the words?
  7. What team would you like to GM in the WJC?
  8. one player to snag from another team to add to your current team who is of the same nationality!
  9. Would you ever burn a flag if you knew you wouldn't get caught?
  10. You just got a penalty for unsportman like conduct, what did you do?
  11. Jersey colour swap for WJC special jerseys, what colours would you give each team?
  12. What is your fav task to gain tpe and why?

-Blade

1 Not really for myself. It's good for the newer members to see their players involved. As long as Canada wins and my player stays at the top of Canadian career scoring I'm happy.

2 Canada. It's my home and we are the best at hockey and should win every tournament no questions asked 

3 Probably the USA unfortunately. Damn muricans 

4 I am going to say Shane Mars, cause if I don't Spade may cry 

6 I do song yes, but not the new version. It bothers me thats it grammatically incorrect among other things

7 I enjoyed GMing Team World cause we were the underdogs and won a bronze after almost knocking off Canada in the semifinals 

8 Matt Thompson. Best all round player in the VHL. Maybe he could teach me a thing or two 

9 Not a countries flag. It's a crime and I think there are better ways to deal with things you don't like or agree with... definitely a flames or leafs flag though. Even if I did get caught. 

10 Making sexual comments to players that chew on their mouthguards and only use them as chew toys

11 Maybe use my beaver tattoo as the Canadian logo and have it be black, red and gold trim for the colour of medal we win. USA can have poo brown

12 trivia cause it's fun to learn more about the league. Or welfare cause I can use my job presenting in EFL and I love doing that 

On 3/25/2019 at 12:28 AM, BladeMaiden said:
  • Are you excited for the WJC?
  • Who are you rooting for and why?
  • Who do you think will win?
  • Who do you think Claims MVP?
  • Who Makes the All-star team?
  • Do you sing your country's national anthem or just mouth the words?

1. Last WJC I was on Team World and made the all-WJC team, so hopefully I can dominate for USA, as one of the top players.

2. USA Baby. My home country and couldn't be prouder to represent

3. USA is really good, I think they will take it. Canada is looking good but USA is really solid, they should be able to give Canada a strong fight.

4. I'm getting MVP. I'm confident, even though I am offended I was put on the second line. 

5. I'm going to make the all star team, Brady Stropko, Basabara Moose, Elasmobranch Fish, HHH, Joe Nixon. Not sure how many spots there are but that would be my five before the tourney starts

6. The US has the best national anthem tbh. I don't sing it at sports games but it gets me fired up if it is a good performance. If it sucks than it kind of ruins the hype

• 3 months later...

Questions for any New York American:

1. What's your favorite part of living in New York? 

2. What's your favorite song right now? 

3. If you had a time machine, where would you go? 

4. Would you rather be rich or famous? 

5. What super power do you wish you had? 

6. What's your spirit animal? 

7. Who's your favorite player in the VHL? 

8. What are you training to become a better hockey player? 

9. What's your midnight snack? 

10. Tell us a good joke. 

1. What's your favourite part of living in New York?    The Big city vibe

2. What's your favourite song right now?     I don't really have one. I have songs that I like but I can't pick out my favourite 

3. If you had a time machine, where would you go?     To the times when dinosaurs lived. It would be cool seeing them

4. Would you rather be rich or famous?        Famous

5. What super power do you wish you had?   Super speed 

8. What are you training to become a better hockey player?   I am training my shot accuracy to get more goals 

Edited by nethi99

1. What is your favorite part of player for the New York Americans in one of the best VHL markets regardless of the unsuccess, just like the NY Knicks?

Welp, my favourite part is that the taxes are low here and I can win a lot of money outside of my contract from my endorsments which helps my family and my life a lot easier. Plus, we have a really loyal fan base here. It's enjoying player here for them.

2. What has surprised you the most and least about your player since creating him?

I wanted him to be a pure playmaker, but my last two VHLM Season and USA WJC shown that I can score a lot of goals, not if have more goals then assist and that I'm a really clutch performer and amazing in the SO. I believe that I could become a leader in a VHL team if it continues on the same path.

3. We lost a lot of good players from retirement. This will lead to added ice-time and responsibility for everyone. Who's shoe's do you expect to fill next season, or do you see it that way at all?

I'm not filling anyone ''shoes''. They are them, I am me and will always be myself. It's my turn now.

4. Which city is the most fun to play in on the road?

Riga, because it's the team that drafted me and I had a lot of fun playing over there. It's really fun trying to win against them though, I feel like I have the last laugh and they become salty ahahahha.

5. What do you hope to accomplish this season? Do you have specific goals targeted, or just general success?

Well, I am a rookie in a somewhat rebuilding team. I just want to play the best that I can every night and maybe win the Rookie of the Year from all my dedication and succes from now on. I got robbed quite a few time in the VHLM.

6. What did you learn from both your VHLM team and Riga?

I learned that it's pretty hard to found a home for my family to be happy in when you get traded each time. Hopefully it's the last time. :)

• Quik unpinned this topic

1. What's your favorite part of living in New York? 

Riding the subway to Coney island at dawn and eating a hot dog while watching the sun rise.

2. What's your favorite song right now? 

Mac Miller Small Worlds

3. If you had a time machine, where would you go? 

Gonna take a polaroid of the end of the world.

4. Would you rather be rich or famous? 

Gave away my riches and still remained a rich man.

5. What super power do you wish you had? 

To be in more than one place at the same time.

6. What's your spirit animal? 

Probably a dog dreaming of becoming a wolf.

Questions for New York Americans!

1. Who should play you in a movie about your life?

2. Grab the nearest book, open it to page 15, write the first sentence that you see.

3. Who is your personal hero? 

4. We travel a lot for our games. What city do you enjoy traveling to the most? 

5. What is the biggest strength of our team?

6. What is our biggest weakness?

7. If you weren’t a pro hockey player you would be a ___

8. How do you mentally prepare yourself for a big game?

9. How do you bounce back from a loss?

10. How do you celebrate a win?

4. We travel a lot for our games. What city do you enjoy travelling to the most?   Toronto, I have family from there and I always say hi to them when we play a game in Toronto 

5. What is the biggest strength of our team? We have a good offence for a rebuilding team and we have lots of rising stars like Aleksander Rodriguez, ACL TEAR, Blake Laughton and of course Nethila Dissanayake... 

7. If you weren’t a pro hockey player you would be a ___ Pro baseball player

8. How do you mentally prepare yourself for a big game? Visualise you doing well 

9. How do you bounce back from a loss? Think about what I can do better and practise that 

10. How do you celebrate a win? You don't celebrate unless u win it all... 

1. Who should play you in a movie about your life?

Robert Pattison, Tilda Swinton

3. Who is your personal hero? 

James Baldwin, The Dalai Lama

4. We travel a lot for our games. What city do you enjoy traveling to the most? 

Love staying home in Brooklyn, but Malmo is cool too. Love Swedish Pizza. 

5. What is the biggest strength of our team?

My teammates.

6. What is our biggest weakness?

Me. Sorry coach! 

7. If you weren’t a pro hockey player you would be  ___

The Green Power Ranger.

Team Presser week ending 8/11

1. What personal goals do you have this season?
2. Do you think the team is headed in the right direction?
3. What part of your game do you think you can improve on?
4. What do you eat before each game, or after each game?
5. Who is the strangest player on the team?
6. What is your favorite NHL team?
7. What's the best  prank you have seen in the locker room?
8. What team to you look forward to playing against?
9. Are you happy with the position you play or do you wish you made a different position?
10. What is your favorite game and what platform?

1. What personal goals do you have this season? To get top 10 in points for rookies and I am doing a pretty good job I am #6.
2. Do you think the team is headed in the right direction? Hell yes! With all the rising stars we have on this team and all those draft picks we will be in the playoffs in no time!
3. What part of your game do you think you can improve on? Even though I have been working on defence I need a lot of work on it. 
6. What is your favorite NHL team? Washington by far.
8. What team to you look forward to playing against? Calgary they traded me for Leph Twinger!! So I would love to kick there ass.
9. Are you happy with the position you play or do you wish you made a different position? I am pretty happy being an RW and I don't really want to change positions.

1. Living life without fear, putting five karats in my baby girl's ear

2. ????

3. Strength probably. Mental and physical. 

4. No tradition really. I like celebrating wins wins with fish tacos or Pad Thai.

5. We all a wild bunch.

6. The Sharks.

1. What personal goals do you have this season?

Have more then 50 pts to have a strong rookie season and surpass HHH rookie season since we are in the same rookie class.

2. Do you think the team is headed in the right direction?

Yes, our future is very birght with all our young players.

3. What part of your game do you think you can improve on?

I think I need to practice my shots. I shoot a lot, but not a lot of them won't go in.

9. Are you happy with the position you play or do you wish you made a different position?

I wish I can play RW again. I kinda miss it since I played that position for 2 years already and it's been somewhat of a struggle to adapt playing the opposite side.

5. Who is the strangest player on the team?

B.Guy, that dud just somehow gets points even though he isn't that offensively concentrated on it.

6. What is your favorite NHL team?

The Habs, the fan base is amazing when you're apart of it and we all understand each other trough the pain and excitement each year.

1. What personal goals do you have this season? top 5 in rookie scoring, currently i am #4
2. Do you think the team is headed in the right direction? yes, we have a good young squad that will continue to grow and develop together
3. What part of your game do you think you can improve on? my defensive side, im scoring a lot but i have to be more responsible
4. What do you eat before each game, or after each game? i eat madonald hanburger before and after every game
5. Who is the strangest player on the team? esso's player
6. What is your favorite NHL team? bruins

Team Presser/week ending 8/18
1. What do you think about having two new teams in the league?
2. Have you met your personal goals in this last set of games?
3. What area in your game do you need to improve on?
4. If you had the chance, would you change your position?
5. What is your endgame goals for your player. Like what type of player are you becoming?
6. With the up and down season we have had, how do you cope with that?
7. How do you feel about your playtime?  
8. Do you feel like you are a part of the "Big Picture"?
9. Did you take part in the WJC? If so, what was your experience.
10. Do you think our GM has a solid plan for the future?

Edited by Steve

1. What do you think about having two new teams in the league?

Def excited to see the League grow. Looking forward to our new competition. 

The goal's a championship, so we're not quite there yet...

Scoring, passing, defense! 

Might be fun to play goalie one day.

5. What is your endgame goals for your player. Like what type of player are you becoming?

Just wanna see how far I can push myself. 

Can't get too low with our lows, or high with our highs, I'm just glad to do what I love.

I did comeback from the back for the rookies standings and performed well on some games by having between 2-3 pts nights.

I think consistency, but I am still adapting my game to the VHL so I expect a really good one next year.

I would want to play to RW again to be honest. It wasn't easy to adapt my game to the VHL and it was hard to transition on the other side of the ice. That means less one timers for me and deadly pass in the middle. Hope I could play RW in the next couple of years.

I want to become the clutchest player alive, like I have been since the start. Especially with team USA in the WJC.

It was expected, but I believe  that we will turn it around once we gain more experience and chemistry. Know each other strengths and weakness and play the best that we can.

8. Do you feel like you are a part of the "Big Picture"?

Of course and I even believe that I want to become a superstar in this league one day. Let everyone know my name.

Week ending 8/24

1. How do you feel about not making the playoffs?

2. Will you be on the team next season, as far as you know?

3. Are you going to work on skills this off season or take a vacation?

4. What would you like to see changed on the team?

5. Did you play in the WJC? If so, did you have fun?

6. The locker room has been a bit dull. Is there a way to make players talk a bit more?

7. Who do you think will win the cup?

8. Do you have a favorite player or some player you wanted to emulate?

9. Are you excited about having a few rookies on the roster next season?

10. How long do you think it will take for us to become an actual contender?

1.How do you feel about not making the playoffs? 

It was to be expected since the start so I am not really worried about that this year and possibly the same thing next year.

2.Will you be on the team next season, as far as you know?

Of course I will. We all will stay and grow as much as possible together until a tough decision will be made later on.

3.Are you going to work on skills this off season or take a vacation?

Skills. I have adapted my game to the VHL and I feel that my sophomore year will be a big one for me.

4.What would you like to see changed on the team?

A little more activity with the other players, but I don't really mind.

5.The locker room has been a bit dull. Is there a way to make players talk a bit more?

With all the great rookies that we will get next season. That will help it quite a bit :)

6.Are you excited about having a few rookies on the roster next season?

The more active talent, the merrier

Gonna answer these in GIF format for our international audience

1. How do you feel about not making the playoffs?

the matrix no GIF

2. Will you be on the team next season, as far as you know?

happy good morning GIF

3. Are you going to work on skills this off season or take a vacation?

king of the hill eating GIF

4. What would you like to see changed on the team?

200.gif

5. Are you excited about having a few rookies on the roster next season?

squad GIF by Power Rangers

6. How long do you think it will take for us to become an actual contender

confused zero gravity GIF

Week ending 9/1

1. Have you gone on vacation? If so, where?
2. What teams are you pulling for in the playoffs?
3. Do you think the VHL settle at 12 teams, or do you think there will be even more expansion after a few seasons.
4. What do you feel about the expansion in general?
5. Do you think you will be taken in the expansion draft?
6. How do you feel about the new GMs for the expansion teams?
7. Have you ever put "Super Glue" on a toilet seat?
8. How well do you think you performed this season?
9. Do you follow any of the drama on the Discord channel?
10. Do you think there should be less drama in this sim and more hockey related topics?

1. Vietnam, I want to ride a motorcycle along the Mekong Delta 

2. No one if it ain’t us ??‍♂️

3. If we keep growing as a league, I can see us adding teams, it’s only natural 

4. It’s a great opportunity for the new GMs, looking forward to see how they build up their teams

8. Woulda loved to be 1st in Rookie Points, but overall pleased

9. What drama did I miss? Pass the tea ?