New York Americans Press Conference Questions

STZ

On 8/25/2019 at 10:42 AM, Steve said:

Week ending 9/1

1. Have you gone on vacation? If so, where?
2. What teams are you pulling for in the playoffs?
3. Do you think the VHL settle at 12 teams, or do you think there will be even more expansion after a few seasons.
4. What do you feel about the expansion in general?
5. Do you think you will be taken in the expansion draft?
6. How do you feel about the new GMs for the expansion teams?
7. Have you ever put "Super Glue" on a toilet seat?
8. How well do you think you performed this season?
9. Do you follow any of the drama on the Discord channel?
10. Do you think there should be less drama in this sim and more hockey related topics?

1. Took a little tour around Europe. Just soaking up the culture there.

2. Doesn't really matter who wins if it's not us.

3. If more players enter the league, it's only natural that we'd grow. If they keep coming, we'll keep growing.

5. Hard to say. I feel pretty comfortable here but you never know what happens. Lot of tough decisions to make and sometimes you don't make the cut.

8. I felt like I did fine for my first season in the VHL. Plus minus and penalty minutes are nothing to write home about and I didn't generate too many points but those are all things I'll improve on in my next season.

9. Drama? What drama? Please elaborate for me.

1. Have you gone on vacation? If so, where?

Yes. I am back to Mexico and I am supporting the Mexico City Kings few remaining games before relaxing with my family!

2. What teams are you pulling for in the playoffs?

I Don't care about any of the teams since they will all pull for us in a few seasons,

3. Do you think the VHL settle at 12 teams, or do you think there will be even more expansion after a few seasons.

I think it do settles because it somewhat fixes doing 3 lines, but I won't be surprised if they add even more in a few seasons.

4. What do you feel about the expansion in general?

I don't really care about it anyway. They will suck.

5. Do you think you will be taken in the expansion draft?

Nah 'cuz we in NY. WHAT IT DO NY!

6. How do you feel about the new GMs for the expansion teams?

They suck. A more people were deserving more that role and some even left. Freak them

Presser for the week  ending 9/8

1. With the playoffs coming to a close, are you excited about the draft and the new players we will get?
2. Do you think Boris is really a forest?
3. How did you come up with your players name?
4. Do you have any real life friends or family that are in this sim?
5. Can you go a full day without internet service?
6. What was the last board game you played?
7. Do you think this sim is ran by competent leaders?
8. Do you use the VHL Discord channel for any reason?
9. What are you planning to do that is going to help the new players in the locker room?
10. Are you a mentor type or do you like to be mentored?

10 hours ago, Steve said:

Presser for the week  ending 9/8

1. With the playoffs coming to a close, are you excited about the draft and the new players we will get?
9. What are you planning to do that is going to help the new players in the locker room?
10. Are you a mentor type or do you like to be mentored?

1. Yeah, we need some good young defenders, looking forward to see who we land!

2. I’m made out of 50% marijuana, 50% Christmas trees

3. Just sounded fun

5. Yes please! And a beach too

6. Clank! It’s a treasure hunting game.

10. Both at the same time, never not learning and sharing ✌?

1. With the playoffs coming to a close, are you excited about the draft and the new players we will get?

Most exciting stuff each year. It's good to see new faces and that we all have a common goal. The championship

Welp in Mexico. I saw him looking like a tree often so yes he is indeed a magical forest that can make a tree skate.

Randomly lol.

Welp I already did before,but it was for a week. Three times ouf.

They never have been lel.

No its there for no reason.

9. What are you planning to do that is going to help the new players in the locker room?

Become a leader that they can trust for them.

- yes. new players = good because we suck.

- no. he's clearly a human.

- walter.

- i do not.

- probably not tbh.

- monopoly.

Week ending on 9/15

1. What do you think about how the draft went for us?
2. Do your have any friends or ex team mates that are now on the team, if so, who?
3. How would you grade how well our GM did in the draft?
4. Do you feel we now have a team to build into the future?
5. Are you excited to be a part of the team now that we have some good players drafted?
6. How do you feel about being drafted by this team?
7. Will the locker room actually be active, will you be a part of making that happen?
8. Will the addition of new players make you more determined to push as hard as you can to suceed as a player?
9. What are you expectations for this coming season?
10. What area of the team do you feel got better, offense  or defense, or both?

SS+. I knew NY would be an amazing place to be since Esso took the reign. I'm happy that I got out of Riga.

Of course and we will all get better together. As a team.

5. Are you excited to be a part of the team now that we have some good players drafted?

I was already excited to be on the team since esso traded for me.

7. Will the locker room actually be active, will you be a part of making that happen?

Yes I will be a part of it. I want to become already leader already a mentor for them.

8. Will the addition of new players make you more determined to push as hard as you can to suceed as a player?

I'm already pushing as hard as I can, but we can't win alone so I hope they can support me as much as they can.

Make some noise in the playoff?

10. What area of the team do you feel got better, offense  or defense, or both? do you feel about being drafted by this team?

Goalies and defense. We got both of those sort in stone stone for the long future.

Well, I'm here, so I have to think it went halfway decently, right? In all seriousness though, I'm exceptionally pumped about the future and am looking forward to seeing what we do.

2. Do your have any friends or ex team mates that are now on the team, if so, who?

A surprising number, actually. Eller and A Red Guy made it three straight Yukon picks to start the draft for New York, and LeGrande and Gunnarsson were my teammates in Halifax. I don't think there's a situation I could be stepping into that's more comfortable.

I would give it an A. There's always more that can be done, but given the number of picks and the overall holes on the roster, I feel like the core moving forward is in a great place.

I do. I won't get it twisted, it's still going to be a few seasons until we're contending for titles. But I'm ready to grow and get there as a squad; being part of the rebuild is fun for me.

I feel good. I said a few times going into the draft that New York was on my list of potential landing spots, and once I saw that they had the second pick, it felt meant to be.

This season I think is still part of the rebuild. I would say 9th or 10th overall, but with a solid core to make substantial leaps up the standings next season.

Yes, I am coming to New York with @Elmebeckwho I spent last season playing with in Houston in the VHLM. We've become fast friends both on and off the ice and it's awesome to start our VHL careers together on the same team.

Looking at the draft results, it looks like a great and promising core is being built.  I'm excited to join this team and its core with all these exciting young players coming up. 

Absolutely.  We may not be contenders this season but a little bit of short term pain will set up to be perennial contenders in years to come.

100%.  Im excited for us to grow and develop together as a team.  I'm also excited to get the opportunity contribute and be a key player with New York.

I'm always trying to be the player that I can be, whether there's new players or not.  I do like the competition and I think it makes me better as a player.

Making the jump to the VHL will bring its challenges but I do feel I am up to it.  I hope to make a key contribution to the NY team and to help us fight for a playoff spot.

4 hours ago, Steve said:

Week ending on 9/15

10. What area of the team do you feel got better, offense  or defense, or both?

I think it looks really solid, good TPA, a nice mix of forwards and defense plus a future Hall of Fame goalie in @.sniffuM. I also recognize almost all names, which means they're active players, so we'll have a great locker room to boot I am sure.

I had a good, but not perfect season in Houston with @Dalton Wilcox, and I am very happy the organization saw fit to put us together again!

@Esso2264 made good trades preceding it, good picks during it, and was also a great expert commentator on ESPN between the picks.

I still need to look a bit closer, but spontaneously it feels like a young, eager team that will be a force to reckon with - maybe even dominate for a few season at peak.

New York was always  my goal. I probably even sent them a letter late last season, and since then we've been talking. I was lucky to have pretty good development over the playoffs and during the off-season between then and the draft too, which I think made it easier for them to take a chance on me.

I think that will be one of the strengths that don't show up on paper. It's always easier to hit practices and the gym when you have good mates to pick your mood up on a bad day.

1. Fantastic! Excited with our new teammates! Shout out to @Elmebeck who I got to know during the scouting process. 

2. Def - had a lot of fun chasing rings with @.sniffuM in the SBA, stoked to build with him again. Also excited to FINALLY team up @aCrypticPancake on a squad! Been wanting to collaborate with Pancake for a while now.

3. failing season 4 GIF @Esso2264

4. Yup yup.

5. For sure! 

9. Let's make the playoffs, and next season let's contend for a cup. 

Week ending on 9/22

1. How has the team and/or the league been for you so far?
2. If you could start your player over, what would you change?
3. How do you feel about your own performance this early in the season?
4. We have played a handful of games so far, do you think we're performing over or under expectations? 
5. At the end of the season, if eligible and not under contract, would you retire and re-create a new player?
6. What team mate do you think will score the most points this season?
7.  Do you feel there is something that should be changed, either with the team or how you claim TPE?
8. How do you feel about the expansion teams now that the season has started?
9. Which of the two expansion teams do you think will win the cup first?
10. We have a promising roster that should be good in the future, do you agree?

20 minutes ago, Steve said:

Week ending on 9/22

4. We have played a handful of games so far, do you think we're performing over or under expectations? 
5. At the end of the season, if eligible and not under contract, would you retire and re-create a new player?
7.  Do you feel there is something that should be changed, either with the team or how you claim TPE?

Deja-vu. ;)

Great, almost too fast. Had a great season with @FrostBeard in Houston, got picked as AGM in Saskatoon with @Peace and got drafted 9th to my favorite team with you guys and @Esso2264. I am still catching my breath.

People tell me Leadership is useless, checking is for faggots, etc. But I really would stick to my build for the D I am envisioning, map > territory in this case, I'd rather roleplay than succumb to the sim engines quirks.

I think we're looking quite good. Americans missed the playoffs last season, I am almost certain that will not be the case this one. We'll be top 4-5 is my prediction.

I have so many ideas and thoughts about the TPE earning, but have promised to keep them to myself until I have played at least one more season. I can sometimes see the need to exhibit some humility, and when you're 10 weeks into a 10 year old league that is one of the times where you maybe should.

I feel a bit bad for D.C. - maybe that's unwarranted, I am sure the tradeoffs @Enorama made will pay back tenfold in the future; Prague has a slightly better start and core currently under @diamond_ace. But really, I hope they do well this season, I would love to have something of a Golden Knights premiere season from one of them. Short-term it will be fun following them, long-term I hope they do really well.

We're... Columbus + Vegas + Colorado. What I mean with that, a very young, broad core of 250-500 TPE players, when we come into age we will wreck for 2-3 seasons. :)

48 minutes ago, Steve said:

Week ending on 9/22

3. I've had only 1 game where I put up points. Need to be more consistent, and be better against better teams.

4. Hitting expectations. Hanging around that 5th spot in the NA conference with the chance to grab that 4th one. I fully expect us to be one of the teams that gets better throughout the season this year

5. I plan on always playing full careers. Depreciation doesn't bother me and if you keep to one year contracts layer on, then you can always try to swing your way to a competitive team.

6. Our captain Dalton Wilcox. We seem to be getting a ton of points from defence so far, but that will normalize and forwards will catch up. I think he will be the guy leading the way.

8. I honestly was hoping the expansion rules would allow them to be somewhat competitive out of the gate, but looks like that didn't happen. Still cool for all those guys to be a part of a brand new team.

9. Prague will probably make the playoffs first, and once your in you have a shot. DC might end up with the higher peak, but can't really say when they might reach it. Probably a while. 

10. Super excited for our future in NY. I think this past S68 draft will look really good in hindsight, and the returning S67 guys will lead the charge.

1. What do you think about how the draft went for us? pretty good to be honest 
4. Do you feel we now have a team to build into the future? Oh hell yes.We will be a super team 
5. Are you excited to be a part of the team now that we have some good players drafted?I was always excited to play for the New York Americans
7. Will the locker room actually be active, will you be a part of making that happen? Yeah.
8. Will the addition of new players make you more determined to push as hard as you can to suceed as a player? I was always determined to be the best VHL player ever...
9. What are you expectations for this coming season? Get at least 65 points this season 

Week ending on 9/15

1. What do you think about how the draft went for us?

I feel like we really added some strong players.  I look forward to us growing as a team and becoming a strong team.

Steve, my buddy from Halifax.  Hi Steve!

Yeah, I really like how we are setup right now.  If we stay consistent we will have a very strong core and become a contender soon.

5. Are you excited to be a part of the team now that we have some good players drafted?

Yeah, I really like the way we are starting to gel as a team.

Of course.  A healthy competition always allows me to push a bit harder.

9. What are your expectations for this coming season?

I hope to grow as a player.  As a team I would like to see us win a few statement games.  I know we are still rebuilding but I feel like we can steal some wins.

10. What area of the team do you feel got better, offense  or defense, or both?

I think the defense got better in the short term, but with a large amount of younger players I think that we have really improved overall long term.

The team's been good so far. Being on such a deep young team is always exciting, obviously it's gonna take some time for us to come along but it makes for a good team environment.

Really I'd just change the timing of when I created. Getting those couple extra weeks in as a deadline recreate would have been nice.

I think both ARG and Gunnarsson have struggled in the early goings, but the standard for VHL goaltending is very high right now so that's to be expected.

As a team I'd say we're playing right around where we should be. We just need to take advantage of the weaker teams and allow less goals in our easier games.

Yup, we have a ton of active young players, it's just a question of staying consistent and everyone continuing to grow.

6 hours ago, Jtv123 said:

Boris the forest is the captain @studentized lol, but it's true that D.Wilcox is getting a lot of pts and that some of them were with us. I just feel like Boris the forest will found a way yet again to get a lot of pts mid season

So tired when I wrote that. I fully meant Boris haha. Will keep Wilcox in there though so I can double my chances of being right

This being my roookie season in the VHL, I have been pleasantly surprised with how things are going so far.  I am just under a point per game and am playing with some great teammates.  It should be a great season of development for me.

I wouldn't change a thing.  I am happy with how I'm progressing and my performance in each team that I play for.stu grim

Extremely happy about it.  I am almost a point per game right now and that's just amazing for a rookie.

Boris the Forest.  He's one of the most experienced forwards on the team and I look forward to playing with him throughout the season.

I had a brief stint in Prague having been picked up by them in the expansion draft.  They're set up for success now but the DC Dragons have a ton of picks, building towards the future.  I think both teams have promising futures, but I am partial to the Phantoms.

Absolutely.  We might not contend this year but I think we'll be perennial contenders in years to come.

It's been great! I love New York and the team locker room, and it's been fun being part of such a young group building towards something. Plus, we have a few wins!

I probably should have added to Scoring in the VHLM and picked up a few more goals. But in general, I like where I'm at right now.

Actually a bit better than I thought? A handful of assists is great, but being top ten in both hits and shots blocked is even better. Exactly what I wanted to achieve early on.

I'd say pretty accurate to where we'd expect. Playing D.C. a few times helps with the record, but picking up random wins like the recent one over Seattle was exactly what I'd hoped we'd do this season.

Nope. But not only saying that because I'm young - I just don't see the point of retiring early. I always want to go eight seasons with my players.

I'm curious who, answering presumably as a New York player, would put no. But with that said, yes, I agree.

Welp I am a pts per game so who doesn't feel happy about that lol. The better part is that I got a pts at least once in every single game so far. Hope it continues.

It's been somewhat accurate. People thought that this year would be another rebuildin team, but man I'm telling you. I really do believe we can make the playoff if we work hard. We have an amazing young growing core and we see in a really tough conference, but Toronto has been struggling. We just need to steal that spot from them.

Myself or Nethila. If there isn't a change soon, then I think Boris will keep struggling and then gets pts later on the season, but as for me and Nethilla. We will stay consistent troughout the season and keep getting pts from each other.

Welp one is somewhat decent and one is really trash. It should have been expected.

It will be a longggg time. I'm picking D.C Dragons tho Lol 

Who in the league wouldn't agree.

On 9/15/2019 at 1:30 PM, Steve said:

Week ending on 9/22

1.  best gif thumbs up GIF

2. untouchable shots fired GIF

3. jane lane whatever GIF

4. chow yun fat yes GIF

5. no GIF

10. high fuck yeah GIF