New York Americans Press Conference Questions

STZ

For the week of the 29th:

1. After a relatively good start to the season we've been in a bit of a skid, what do you think we need to change to get out footing back?

2. What's one area of your game you think you need to improve?

3. With 19 games under our belts, S68 2nd overall pick Lance Flowers has shown his ability to hang with the pros. How does it feel playing with one of the most prolific picks of the S68 draft?

4. Who do you think has been our season MVP so far?

5. The D.C. Dragons and the Prague Phantoms have been scraping the bottom of the bowl all season, do you think they will break out of the bottom 2 spots by the end of the "year"?

6. The program recently tacked on a new AGM to upper management, is there anything the players want to see from him?

7. If you could change one thing about the league, what would it be?

8. If you follow the NHL, what team(s)/player(s) are you most excited about this upcoming season?

9. Have you ever played Ice Hockey outside of the VHL?

10. What kind of questions do you want to see next week?

1. After a relatively good start to the season we've been in a bit of a skid, what do you think we need to change to get out footing back?

I think the best players need to be put in the position to succeed. Given it is still a rebuild, forming lines to boost lower skilled players stats doesn't seem productive.

I am bringing  up my defense along with a bit more puck handling. I have a plan for my build that will take the season to take shape.

3. With 19 games under our belts, S68 2nd overall pick Lance Flowers has shown his ability to hang with the pros. How does it feel playing with one of the most prolific picks of the S68 draft?

It feels like I am on the PK a lot. Lance is a good team mate though and we played together in Halifax.

Too soon to tell but if the scoring picks up, I can see a  couple of players be in the MVP category.

5. The D.C. Dragons and the Prague Phantoms have been scraping the bottom of the bowl all season, do you think they will break out of the bottom 2 spots by the end of the "year"?

Well we just lost to DC so I would think they have a team that can surprise other teams but in the end,  I think they will be at the  bottom.

6. The program recently tacked on a new AGM to upper management, is there anything the players want to see from him?

I am sure our new AGM will be a huge help when changes are made. I like to see some activity in the LR just to know he is there. 

I think the whole tpe claiming system should be scrutinized. I feel there are players exploiting some aspects of this way of claiming and it is never addressed. 

5 hours ago, ColeMrtz said:

Playing around with the lines perhaps, but I think this is a game of time. We have a huge active roster, pulling in hundreds of TPE every week, we should slowly start to gain steam.

Still just the base skills, more defense, more skating, more puck handling.

@Steve/Guy LeGrande. 18 assists (6th in league), 23 points (4th best defenseman), 51 shots blocked (4th in league)

More unbridled enthusiasm! I will follow answers to this question though as I am AGM to Saskatoon.

8. If you follow the NHL, what team(s)/player(s) are you most excited about this upcoming season?
Obviously to see the development of the two possible future franchise Swedes in Elias Pettersson and Rasmus Dahlin. But also to see if Yzerman can turn around my beloved Red Wings (needs more Swedes and Russians, obviously).

IRL I was goalie for one season when I was... 16-17 or something, but I sucked and started smoking and soup up moped engines instead. :P
In 1997-2000 I ran a fantasy league we played over modem on NHL 96. :S 
Oh, and I also played Hockey-Bockey, it's a Swedish bastardization where you play bandy on a hockey rink.

Edited by Elmebeck

1. How has the team and/or the league been for you so far? Pretty awesome
3. How do you feel about your own performance this early in the season? I am very impressed doing even better then I thought
4. We have played a handful of games so far, do you think we're performing over or under expectations? Idk we are doing as expected
6. What team mate do you think will score the most points this season?My boy Aleksander Rodriguez
9. Which of the two expansion teams do you think will win the cup first? D.C and Prague
10. We have a promising roster that should be good in the future, do you agree? Hell yeah!

Edited by nethi99

I think we're a young team so we're going to fluctuate a lot, most important for the team is for everyone to focus on continuing to earn and things will become more steady.

I feel like getting better at being a goalie would be a good way for me to improve.

I'm excited to play with Flowers for sure. We teamed up in Yukon and CowboyInAmerica is always a top quality member.

Tough call, a lot of guys have been pivotal so far. Guy LeGrande and Lance Flowers have been a terrific first pairing so far, and Aleksander Rodriguez and Dalton Wilcox have done a solid job driving the offense so far.

Not really, primarily because I believe we'll continue to improve and I think Toronto will get better too. There's no incentive for the expansion teams to push to win now unless they can become instant playoff contenders.

Fuzzy George being selected for the XCom campaign.

On 9/15/2019 at 1:30 PM, Steve said:

Week ending on 9/22

1. How has the team and/or the league been for you so far?
2. If you could start your player over, what would you change?
3. How do you feel about your own performance this early in the season?
4. We have played a handful of games so far, do you think we're performing over or under expectations? 
5. At the end of the season, if eligible and not under contract, would you retire and re-create a new player?
6. What team mate do you think will score the most points this season?
7.  Do you feel there is something that should be changed, either with the team or how you claim TPE?
8. How do you feel about the expansion teams now that the season has started?
9. Which of the two expansion teams do you think will win the cup first?
10. We have a promising roster that should be good in the future, do you agree?

1. Fantastic - love NYC, the team has great chemistry and we're building something exciting.

2. Would be fun playing defense or goalie one day. 

3. It's cool - I don't really pay attention to my individual stats. It's not about that at this point in my career. Just want to get better. 

4. Meeting my expectations - def was expecting for us to struggle this year. As long as we all work hard and improve, all good.

5. Haha, no way. Boris the Forest is in it for the long run.

10. No doubt. Everyone here is passionate and ready to take it to highest level possible.

15 hours ago, ColeMrtz said:

1) Keep things simple. Don't try to be too fancy and over think things. If we apply good fundamentals, things will work out.

2) Lots to improve for me. I want to shoot more, score more. Need to be better at both ends too.

3) Guys a stud. Defence looks pretty solid for our group going forward. That makes your job as a forward a lot easier.

4) Guy Legrande. Really smart offensively and just being a good pro in the locker room and on the ice.

5) Neither. I still think Prague is more talented this year, but D.C has some great players taking advantage of their ice time. Both will be better in time, much like our group.

? San Jose because I'm a fan and they had an interesting off season. Lots of departures, not a lot of adds. A bunch of their youth will get a chance and if the past is any indication, a couple of those guys will contribute in a big way out of the gate. Excited to see who makes the cut.

23 hours ago, ColeMrtz said:

1. Keep the grind going, it's not about results, it's about how hard we work.

2. Prob skating, strength, puck handling. There's a lot I want to improve. 

3. It's def inspiring. He makes us all better.

4. Team MVP? My boy Guy LeGrande.

5. Anything is possible. I believe in them. 

6. Keep doing your thing, man!

Probably my scoring and finishing ability.  I take a ton of shots and have decent assist numbers, but I only have 7 goals.  A 7% scoring percentage ain't gonna cut it if I'm trying to help my team succeed.

No offence, but honestly it's not a big deal to me.  I'm also a rookie and have been putting just as good numbers, if not better.  But really, it's about our growth and development as a team rather than focus on any one individual player.

Not sure if this is possible but automated TPE approvals would be nice.  It would just save a lot of time for everybody, especially the approvers.

I'm a big fan of the Vancouver Canucks.  They have a great young core and it's exciting to watch them grow and dominate the league (Boeser, Pettersson, Hughes, Horvat)

Yes I have.  I've been playing ice hockey for over 7 years and am now a beer league superstar.

Maybe something that is not hockey related.  Let's get to know our team and players a bit more off the ice!

1. After a relatively good start to the season we've been in a bit of a skid, what do you think we need to change to get out footing back?

- WALTER needs more ice because he’s the goat

- my scoring abilities

- it makes me all sticky and sweaty

- walter

- no because they smell bad

- i want to see his nudes

For Week Ending in 9/29:

We're rebuilding, so there's no shame in experimenting with lines and seeing what works best, who works with who best, and what produces the better result.

Scoring. Having 5 goals and 5 assists 21 games in seems disappointing, and I need to find that formula to get better results.

Great guy, solid player. Can't wait to see what the numbers he puts up look like at the end of the season.

LeGrande. He's been solid on D, pushing those points and assist totals super high.

It's hard coming into a league as an expansion team with little to work on. If they break out of the bottom two, I think it would more have to do with the other teams that pushed them up moreso than it does with the expansion teams doing well.

Not really. I think as long as he is there helping out and making sure we're producing, he's solid.

Injuries. Make minor injuries hit your stats for a series of 3 or 5 games, in which you produce less. Or suspensions. I know it's a sim, and you can't control what happens, but adding some injuries or suspensions could be cool, and make teams scramble for lines. Also, TPE earning needs to be looked at a bit.

Not going to be a popular answer, but I suggest to stay the course. Ups and downs are part of any season, and we're only going to improve with hard work off the ice.

Well, as it currently stands, I'm second in the league in penalty minutes. So what I need to improve is my bribes to officials to not be penalized as much.

Well, this is an awkward question. And I don't think anybody wants to hear about me playing with myself (in a fashion) so perhaps I'll move on...

It has to be LeGrande, and I'm not sure it's really close. He's taken both the offense and defense on his back, and he should be up at the top of the convo for Most Improve Player.

I don't, mostly because I think that placement is by design. One of the best ways to build is through top draft picks, and they'll have them.

Just being responsive and keeping up with weekly tasks such as this. Think you're doing a great job thus far.

For the week of the 6th

1. How do you expect us to place at the end of the season?

2. Which team looks the most dangerous on the ice?

3. What's your "dream team" line?

4. Gunnarson and A Red Guy are out with the flu, who straps on the pads?

5. If there was a NYA Fight Club who would be the defending champ?

6. Who are the real surprises in terms of performance this season league wide?

7. How are you doing?

1. How do you expect us to place at the end of the season? 3rd or 4th 

2. Which team looks the most dangerous on the ice?  It's a tie between Riga and Helsinki

4. Gunnarson and A Red Guy are out with the flu, who straps on the pads? I really don't know Maybe my couch? 

5. If there was a NYA Fight Club who would be the defending champ? Nethila Dissanayake Obviously... 

6. Who are the real surprises in terms of performance this season league wide? Hmmm Jordan Tonn is doing pretty well...

7. How are you doing? Good

By the looks of it, near the bottom.

Compared to us, everyone.

Any player with a decent skill set is a dream line to me.

I hear Elmebeck has a strap on.

Since I would be the only one with a gun, I say I would be the champ.

Nobody stands out to me. I think the usual suspects are leading the pack.

3 hours ago, ColeMrtz said:

For the week of the 6th

7. How are you doing?

1. Number one. We gonna be the top seed and then roll on towards the championship. And @Steve is gonna win MVP. 

2. We do, definitely. 

3. The team we got is the dream squad.

4. I guess I look good in a goalie mask. 

5. @CowboyinAmerica will knock you out, watch out!

7. Super duper ??

I'd say Boris the Forest, that fucker's crazy!

A Red Guy can shift into an amorphous blob when necessary so no one really stands a chance against him.

Seattle started really hot but now they've lost 10 of their last 14. No other team has really been all that surprising this year. As far as players, a lot of the same, I'd say the only real surprise is Mikko Aaltonen nearly passing his career high in goals already, but on an expansion team he's shouldering a lot more responsibility.

My girlf

3 hours ago, Steve said:

I hear Elmebeck has a strap on.

My girlfriend has one, that doesn't mean we use it though. But technically I do not have a strap on. 

1. How do you expect us to place at the end of the season?

I feel like we are still developing and growing.  Probably near the bottom.

Not so hot take, Helsinki. Most points, good scoring differential, some top players.  It's a strong team.

Flowers.  Dude blocks enough shots he should just switch positions now.

LeGrande.  Never underestimate the old guy.

Moscow.  I don't see a real standout other than Cast.  They just get solid contributions from the entire team.  I kinda like that actually.

7. How are you doing?

Eh, could be better.  Starting to see my stats trending in the right direction, though.

The way we're trending, it seems like 5th in North America is reasonable. We're a building team though, still don't think that's necessarily a bad thing right now.

Helsinki's obviously leading the league, but I'd watch out for Malmo. A team with something to prove, still-growing young guys and a lot of depth. 

You know how dark and ominous and tough to navigate a forest is? Yeah, try putting a (Boris the) Forest in net and see what happens.

Lol, I'm currently second in the league in both hits and penalty minutes. Try me.

They've come back to earth a bit, but I am impressed with Seattle's performance so far this year. It's tough to go from the bottom to the top of the standings.

7. How are you doing?

I'm solid. Chilling. Getting back in the swing of things after a three day weekend and personal trip.

Near the bottom unfortunately.  Personally I am doing well but our team isn't. Hopefully things get better.

Everyone's looked scary to me.  Vancouver's got a lot of pedigree, Riga and Helsinki are the top teams.

None, we'll handle things 6 on 5.

Probably Legrande?  Or Boris the Forest?  Even that name sounds scary.

I'm surprised we're doing as poorly as we are.  It's disappointing but understandable.

7. How are you doing?

I'm alive, so that's nice.

1. How do you expect us to place at the end of the season?

Close to where we are now. The possibility of playoffs is slim. If we squeak in, we will give it our best.

Vancouver looks like they want to repeat. Super potent in all phases of the game

Not me. I barely block shots as it is. Probably whoever blocks the most would get designated.

Still yet to be in a VHL fight but it will come eventually. I'd win a fight club against these guys though

Toronto going through a massive plummet. Look similar on paper to last year, so I was surprised.

7. How are you doing?

Exhausted. Just got back from 1 month vacation. Lots of work to catch up on.

Above a Toronto and slide into the playoff. I said that at the start of the season and was the only one believing it.

I love Malmo. M.Thompson will retire, but there future is still really bright. They just need that one bonified scorer to win the cup.

Aleksander Rodriguez - Podrick Cast - Matt Thompson with Steve LeGrande and Tsuzy. The goalie would be Alexander Pepper and the backup is Gunnarson.

Gunnarson can tank that shit still.

Nethilla would be a tough one to beat.

Ny is in a playoff spot and Malmo are winning a lot of games even though there depth is not really producing that much.

7. How are you doing?

Meh :3

G'day 'Muricans

for the week of the 13th

1. A recent string of losses, being outscored 16-6, how do you keep morale high?

2. 47 games into the season defenseman Guy LeGrande leads the Americans in points, does this push forwards to preform better or is LeGrande just that good?

3. VHL rookies Dalton Wilcox and Lance Flowers lead both Goals and Assists respectively (not counting LeGrande), do you think one of them takes home Rookie of the Year?

4. A Red Guy has recently stepped up to the plate at goaltender, with nearly identical SV% and GAA to Gunnarsson, does his improved game garner confidence for the rest of the roster?

5. With such a young, inexperienced core, who shows the most leadership on and/or off the ice?

6. With 11 roster players eligible for WJC, are tensions higher than usual as national competition picks up?