Velevra's Press Conference

Velevra

Veran, what are your expectations for this upcoming season?

Do you plan to be ready for your rookie season come S60?

Do you have any preferences of VHL teams in the future?

@Quik Thanks for the questions!

1) Veran, what are your expectations for this upcoming season?

A: I expect to be a top scorer in the VHLM. I've always seemed to have good success in the VHLM and I would expect nothing different with Veran. I hope to also potentially win a championship!

2) Do you plan to be ready for your rookie season come S60?

A: I think so. Especially with the increased TPE being given out I fully expect to make my VHL debut in S60 and be over 200 TPE.

3) Do you have any preferences of VHL teams in the future?

A: Haven't thought about it too much. Really depends on the GM and the role I would have on the team. Helping the rebuild in Quebec would be great but I wouldn't also mind joining a contender like Toronto who has a great GM like DollarandaDream! I'm open to joining any team given the right situation,

@HellBillyXIII Thanks for the question!

1) Veran, Going forward what aspect of your game will you be working the most to improve on? 

A: I want to be a big time scorer so Scoring will be my main focus! I don't want to be a defensive liability however so I'm also going to focus on Skating and Defense

Happy to take any more questions if anyone has them! I will gladly ask you questions in return!

@Quik Thanks for the questions!

2)  I'm not the most active member. I don't spend much time on the site chatting but usually just come on to update and check the sim. This usually hurts my draft value. 

3) I would say no since I didn't end up playing to start the season and my team struggled. Hopefully with me in the lineup we can bounce back!

@Velevra

It's always tough playing for a team that is struggling. With the start to the season that the Wild have had, if it were to continue, would you look for a trade to improve your draft stock?

@Dangles13 Thanks for the questions!

1. What does Dragomir bring to the Wild?

A: I want to be a strong offensive threat. Unfortunately I have been struggling but hopefully with a bit more training I can get there!

2. What does Saskatoon need to do in order to win it all this season?

A. I think the team needs to continue earning a lot of TPE during the season to make a good push in the playoffs to win the cup. Right now most players are sitting at their created baseline TPE. I just updated the sim so hopefully that will give our team a push

3. What do you think your draft stock is?

A: I expect to be a first rounder in the upcoming draft. There are a lot of good players in the class but I feel that I have proven that I can make a serviceable player worthy of a first round selection. 

@Quik thanks for the question!

1. It's always tough playing for a team that is struggling. With the start to the season that the Wild have had, if it were to continue, would you look for a trade to improve your draft stock?

A. I wouldn't mind a trade if the team doesn't have a solid amount of improvement throughout the season. Not so much due to my draft stock but more so my desire to win in my 1 VHLM season. I just updated the sim though and a lot of Wild players are updating which bodes well for future success!

Edited by Velevra

• 3 weeks later...

1. What are your thoughts on being traded recently?

2. What, if anything, do you miss about the Wild?

3. Can you tell us about the early differences between Saskatoon and the Yukon?

4. Do you have any new thoughts on your draft stock?

5. What is your favourite pre-game meal?

@Dangles13 Thanks for the questions

1. What are your thoughts on being traded recently? 

A: I'm pretty happy overall since playing for Yukon will give me the best shot at the championship. 

2. What, if anything, do you miss about the Wild?

A: I felt like I was starting to have good chemistry with my line mates and we were slowly moving up the standings. I felt like we could surprise some people in the playoffs but guess we won't find out now!

3. Can you tell us about the early differences between Saskatoon and the Yukon?

A: I have had a hard time finding my groove in Yukon, I've been playing limited minutes but hopefully once that gets fixed I can get more comfortable and contribute more!

4. Do you have any new thoughts on your draft stock?

A: I know a few people are projecting me to go first overall which is pretty cool. We will wait and see what happens though and I'm just looking forward to making the jump to the VHL!

5. What is your favourite pre-game meal?

A: Pasta! Fettuccine Alfredo in particular!

1.) Dragomir has been putting up a hat trick almost every night the past couple weeks. Is this simply a hot streak or is this the kind of production we should expect out of you the rest of the year?

2.) Which team has been the toughest defense you've faced this season?

3.) Will the Yukon Rush lose a game the rest of this season and playoffs?

@omgitshim Thanks for the questions!

1.) Dragomir has been putting up a hat trick almost every night the past couple weeks. Is this simply a hot streak or is this the kind of production we should expect out of you the rest of the year?

A: I wouldn't expect a hat trick every night but I expect I will continue to be productive for the rest of the year! I seem to have gelled well with the team. 

2.) Which team has been the toughest defense you've faced this season?

A: For some reason Oslo has proved tough to score against, hopefully that will change if we meet them in the playoffs!

3.) Will the Yukon Rush lose a game the rest of this season and playoffs?

A: I predict we will lose 1 game in the playoffs but other than that I don't see anything stopping us from winning the cup!

• 3 months later...

@Velevra

1. Do you think there should be any changes to the VHFL, or are you content with the current formula which you've been highly successful at? (For the record, you're second behind me right now this season).

2. Thoughts on how your season is going thus far?

3. How do you feel about the fact that Apollo Skye has been absent from the Hall of Fame ballot the last two seasons?

Edited by street

@street Thanks for the questions!

1. Do you think there should be any changes to the VHFL, or are you content with the current formula which you've been highly successful at? (For the record, you're second behind me right now this season).

Hmm I think the biggest change I would recommend would  be to reduce the amount of points given by SBs. I feel like if you go late in the draft without a defensemen you can always grab a defenseman on the tanking team who will post a ton of SBs and do well. This might hurt defensemen scoring however so there might need to be some changes that go in tandem (perhaps make goals and assists worth the same or have separate point scales for forwards and defensemen?)

2. Thoughts on how your season is going thus far?

It honestly has been a little disappointing. I'm on pace for less points than I had in my rookie season and we have been slumping lately. I feel like I haven't really been able to have good synergy with my linemates since we all have a shoot first mentality.  

3. How do you feel about the fact that Apollo Skye has been absent from the Hall of Fame ballot the last two seasons?

Once again, a little disappointed since both Holik and Degrath have been on it. I felt like I had comparable numbers to those two and was also a two time MVP who won a cup. That being said, there are a ton of deserving players and I just have to hope that I can get a few votes in the future. 

Questions asked this week

Edited by Velevra

1.) Do you think it'd be a fair statement to say your players may be some of the most underrated in the league given how quiet around the league you can be?

2.) Which of your players has been your favorite?

3.) Which of your players has been your least favorite?

4.) Are there any teams that you haven't played for that you would like to play for? 

5.) If you were commissioner for a day with unilateral power, what is one change you would make?

@Fire Hakstol Thanks for the Questions!

1.) Do you think it'd be a fair statement to say your players may be some of the most underrated in the league given how quiet around the league you can be?

Potentially. I feel like I've only had 1 good player in Skye and my previous players haven't really stood out. Hopefully Dragomir can be as successful and get me some more name recognition!

2.) Which of your players has been your favorite?

Apollo Skye definitely he was my most successful player as well. 

3.) Which of your players has been your least favorite?

Hmm probably my first player here, Shane Baker. Retired early but was promising. 

4/5 to be answered later!

Questions asked +1

• 2 weeks later...

1. Did you expect the Meute to make the playoffs this season?

2. Are you disappointed to get swept?

3. How close do you feel the team is from becoming a serious contender?

4. Which player in the upcoming draft do you feel would give your team the best boost in the future?

4.) Are there any teams that you haven't played for that you would like to play for? 

Hmm I believe in my entire VHL career I have only played for Davos/Quebec/Stockholm. I would probably like to play for some other teams at some point. Being Canadian, Toronto and Calgary come to mind and would probably be my top 2 picks. 

5.) If you were commissioner for a day with unilateral power, what is one change you would make?

I feel like regular seasons can drag on for a bit. I would probably look at figuring out a way to speed them up. Maybe have more games simmed every sim.

1. Did you expect the Meute to make the playoffs this season?

Ya I thought we would probably finish 5th considering SEA/RIG/TOR are in complete rebuild mode. Didn't expect us to compete with CGY/HEL/DAV/NYA though. 

2. Are you disappointed to get swept?

Disappointed yes but not completely unexpected. We had a pretty rough end to the season and NY was by far the better team. 

3. How close do you feel the team is from becoming a serious contender?

I think we are still a bit away from being a serious contender. 2 seasons would be my guess. Lot of good teams ahead of us and a couple of the rebuilding teams are off to a good start. 

4. Which player in the upcoming draft do you feel would give your team the best boost in the future?

Leph Twinger is the obvious choice  but I doubt we get him unless we get lucky or move up! More realistically I like a guy like Konstantin Mulligan who has proven to build good players and I think his pass first build would synergize well with out sniper heavy team. 

• 7 months later...

1) What do you think of Codrick Past?

2) What do you think of Podrick Cast?

3) Should I retire now and end Cast's career on a high note before his inevitable failure in the VHL?

4) Did you think your player would be doing this well this season? 

5) Should the VHL bring back Vasteras the best VHL franchise to ever exist?

1) What do you think of Codrick Past?

I have been impressed by Past's first season. Very impressive for a rookie in the VHLM!

2) What do you think of Podrick Cast?
I have always been jealous of Cast. Despite being a season younger he has always been better than me. I'm happy that this season I am finally better than him. 

3) Should I retire now and end Cast's career on a high note before his inevitable failure in the VHL?
Probably yes, I think Victor is making a new player so you can copy him again and be in the same draft class. 

4) Did you think your player would be doing this well this season? 
Yes I did, after being traded from Quebec I played really well for Seattle to end the season. I fully expected it to carry over into this season. 

5) Should the VHL bring back Vasteras the best VHL franchise to ever exist?
Definitely, I was disappointed that they were not the expansion team. I might have to apply to be the next expansion GM to bring them back.