S58 VHL Awards Ceremony

Beketov

• Commissioner

*Remember, if you won an award (individual) in either the VHL or VHLM, you are entitled to add 2 TPE for each award won. If you are a co-winner, add 1 TPE for that award. To claim, just link this page to your updates.

Team awards do not apply for TPE.

S58 VHL Award Winners 

Championship - Continental Cup: Riga Reign

Best Regular Season Record - Victory Cup: Riga Reign 

First Finals Champion - Devon Marlow-Marta Trophy: Riga Reign

Second Finals Champion - Terence Fong Trophy: Seattle Bears

MVP - Scotty Campbell Trophy:  Franchise Cornerstone (HEL)

Cornerstone (HEL) - 6, Moon (HEL) - 1, Locke (RIG) - 1

Most Outstanding Player (player vote) - Brett Slobodzian Trophy: John Locke (RIG) 

Locke (RIG) - 9, Krigars (RIG) - 2, Skye (QUE) - 1, Cornerstone (HEL) - 1, Ironside (TOR) - 1

Playoff MVP - Daisuke Kanou Trophy: Markus King (RIG) 

King (RIG) - 7, Locke (RIG) - 1 

Leading Points - Mike Szatkowski Trophy: Fredinamijs Krigars (RIG) - 126

Leading Goals - Kevin Brooks Trophy: John Locke (RIG) - 61

Leading Assists - Alexander Beketov Trophy: Fredinamijs Krigars (RIG) - 76

Top Defenseman - Sterling Labatte Trophy: Fabio Jokinen (SEA)
Jokinen (SEA) - 4, Federov (SEA) - 2, Pablo (TOR) - 2

Top Goalie - Aidan Shaw Trophy: Torstein Ironside (TOR)
Ironside (TOR) - 7, Moon (HEL) - 1

Top Rookie - Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy: Aksel McKnight (NYA) & Colton Rayne (NYA)
McKnight (NYA) - 4, Rayne (NYA) - 4

Top Two-Way Forward - Scott Boulet Trophy: Gabriel McAllister (SEA) 
McAllister (SEA) - 7, John Locke (RIG) - 1

Executive of the Year - David Knight Trophy: Benjamin Zeptenbergs (RIG) 
Zeptenbergs (RIG) - 5, Campbell (SEA) - 3, Boychuk (TOR) - 1

(The voting numbers in this category are off because 1 member voted in favour of a tie. 1 was added to both members voted for)

Most Sportsmanlike - Mikka Virkkunen Trophy: Rusty Trombone (RIG) 
Trombone (RIG) - 5, Aleksei (RIG) - 1,  Pablo (TOR) - 1, Finn (TOR) - 1

Most Improved - Dustin Funk Trophy: Pablo (TOR)

Pablo (TOR) - 6, McAllister (SEA) - 2

Top Leader (player vote) - Grimm Jonsson Trophy: Casey Jones (NYA) & Gabriel McAllister (SEA)

Jones (NYA) - 4, McAllister (SEA) - 4, Louth (QUE) - 2, Sokolov (TOR) - 1

Congratulations to all the winners! VHLM Awards will come in their own thread soon.

44 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

Didn't expect to get outvoted by Seattle for Top GM 3 to 1 considering the way the discussions went in the BoG. :lol:

Although neither of us won so it's kind of a pointless argument now.

Yeah, I really wouldn't mind if some BOG members explained their Top GM pick. That selection breakdown seems so weird to me, all over.

Edited by CowboyinAmerica

11 minutes ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

Yeah, I really wouldn't mind if some BOG members explained their Top GM pick. That selection breakdown seems so weird to me, all over.

Kind of a weird vote, IMO.

Riga didn't do a lot for S59, just Locke and Krigars continued to kill it. You could definitely vote for Riga though for the continued success of a dynasty.

Seattle brought in Jokinen, and picked Gretzky in the contraction draft. That contraction draft shouldn't mean anything though, since it was all luck for the picks.

Toronto traded for Lee King Snatch and Pablo, both of which had career seasons. Also picked Leblanc in the draft, but it was a contraction draft.

I think the main reason for Seattle's success was Gretzky, and they lucked into him just like I lucked into Leblanc. Leblanc didn't factor as much into Toronto's success as Gretzky did to Seattle's though. Obviously no offense to Leblanc, he still was a great player and performed at an awesome pace, but if I didn't have Leblanc I could have just slotted Boeser into both 1C and 2C.

This award isn't supposed to count playoffs, and even if it did, Seattle > Toronto in a 7 game series with 2 OTs shouldn't really favour one team over the other. It was too tight.

11 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

I think the main reason for Seattle's success was Gretzky, and they lucked into him just like I lucked into Leblanc. Leblanc didn't factor as much into Toronto's success as Gretzky did to Seattle's though. Obviously no offense to Leblanc, he still was a great player and performed at an awesome pace, but if I didn't have Leblanc I could have just slotted Boeser into both 1C and 2C.

Eh, the main reason for Seattle's success was sustained activity - there aren't many teams where literally every player is active and has an update heading into the playoffs. Gretzky is great, don't get me wrong, but he doesn't do much if Quill, or Laflamme, or V2A, or his own players aren't surrounding him and seeing a massive upgrade from the beginning of season to the end. And a lot of that falls on the GM.

2 minutes ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

Eh, the main reason for Seattle's success was sustained activity - there aren't many teams where literally every player is active and has an update heading into the playoffs. Gretzky is great, don't get me wrong, but he doesn't do much if Quill, or Laflamme, or V2A, or his own players aren't surrounding him and seeing a massive upgrade from the beginning of season to the end. And a lot of that falls on the GM.

Seattle got a staple centerman in Gretzky who is on par with McAllister. I don't think the team does as great with Forsberg in that spot.

The activity is an added bonus, obviously. I didn't get as much activity from my players, although I think that was also due to my key players being Commissioners. Leblanc was always active, Daring Do I've lured Eggy over here from SHL a few times to update, but he's one of the top guys in charge over there so it's hard to get him over here. Finn was inactive since the day I acquired him. :lol:

8 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Top GM loses value every year

Its evaluation is blurry as fuck

The real question is, I wonder who voted for Moon and Locke for MVP ????

:fackyou:

You won, does it really matter? (Side note, I voted for Cornerstone, before you go "there's one of them" I just don't see why you need to be unanimous - is the hit to your ego really that big over a non-unanimous win that was still somewhat of a landslide?)

41 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

Seattle got a staple centerman in Gretzky who is on par with McAllister. I don't think the team does as great with Forsberg in that spot.

The activity is an added bonus, obviously. I didn't get as much activity from my players, although I think that was also due to my key players being Commissioners. Leblanc was always active, Daring Do I've lured Eggy over here from SHL a few times to update, but he's one of the top guys in charge over there so it's hard to get him over here. Finn was inactive since the day I acquired him. :lol:

Just so everyone is clear - I purposely miss updates or weekly shit on the fiery swede known as Forsberg for the purpose of our amazing salary brackets - not because I'm lazy. 

13 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Until a team comes close to Riga hedge should keep winning GM of the year IMO

Teams were a lot closer to Riga this season, actually. They didn't outright dominate the season, even though yeah, they still were in 1st. Then in the finals Seattle and Riga had a good series. Toronto might have won had they past Seattle, or maybe they would have lost as well.

I voted for Riga, so I'm just arguing for argument's sake. I'm mostly curious why Bana got 3 votes to my 1, but I would guess it would have to do with more Seattle players in the BoG, or even the playoff outcomes. Seattle and Toronto were somewhat similar in what they did to get the team that they did, but I guess my move to get LKS and Pablo might have been bigger. Who knows, though.