Klutch King Kiaskov'$ Press Conference

@Exlaxchronicles

1. Prior to a game, what does your player like to chow down on (eat)? 

2. Does he have any superstitions? If not, make one up?

3. Rumors, rumours. What are your thoughts on those which surrounded your player being possible trade bait?

4. Thoughts on who Beaviss takes 2nd overall?

5. Who do you think goes 1st overall? 

D1. Pretty much spaghetti with meat sauce about an hour before for the low glycemic energy, and two tbsp of instant coffee 30 minutes before to fire up the neurons.

2. Yes I do, I have to tuck the right side of my jersey into my waist, roll up my jersey sleeves almost to my elbows and I always spin my sticks blade backwards until we line up for the puck drop.(All true!)

3. Well it's all part of the game and to be honest, I'm happy to play wherever I'm wanted. 

For all I know it could just be that, rumours but we'll have to wait and see.

4. I can't speak for Beave as he has his plan all formulated in his head, but I would assume he'll try and pick what he think Quebec needs and try to fill the gaps that he feels the team is lacking in. You fishin for information? ? Haha!

5. I have a feeling it's one of the defence man, maybe Gate. All three at the top are good picks and I could see anyone of em. Depends on the GM's needs.

1.) How do you feel about joining New York this coming season?

2.) Do you think you can help push the team from Victory Cup winners to Continental Cup winners?

3.) Will Quebec regret trading you, or do you think they were just doing what was right for them?

1. I'm really excited to go to a team that has that many caliber of players. Hopefully I can gel and find chemistry with the guys'. I definitely hope I can contribute in a positive way and help bring home a cup they just missed out on this past season.

2. Well if its any indication, if you watched this seasons VHL All Star game you will notice what Ill be bringing to New York skill set wise. I believe that I'll be able to contribute towards a cup coming back to the big apple.

This is a strong team with talented players and Im more than willing to do whatever it takes to make it happen.

3. I feel it was the right move for both clubs. Quebec are restocking the shelves and I've helped contribute to that by giving them two solid draft picks by them moving me.

New York may be losing Border and they needed a replacement so I believe that's what I was brought in for. The team lost in the finals and they need that extra piece, so hopefully I can fill it and not let them down.

1. You were traded to NYA, yes? Thoughts on NYA's team this year?

2. Who has the best chance at the cup? Who are the underdogs?

3. Thoughts on leaving behind QUE (I think it'll be good for you as a member and your career fyi).

4. Expectations for yourself this season (goals etc etc).

5. Who are you most excited to play with on NYA?

@Exlaxchronicles

1. Yup I was. I think the team is pretty much the same as last year except with the departure of Boeser retiring. I would expect NY to be in the top three again come seasons end. I have some big shoes to fill so hopefully my game will pick up soon.

2. Best chance at this point in time I think would be the Titans. Then after that probably Dynamo and us neck in neck. At this moment I think Calgary are over achievers but still have a decent chance so they're the underdog's.

3. It was a little hard to pack my bags but I'm excited to be on a competitive team and I hope with Spade bringing me into the fold, I can help propel the club towards another run at the cup.

4.I would hope to reach the 35-40 goal mark and lock onto 85-90 points but right now were all struggling a little. Realistically I figure about 30 goals and about 40-45 assists.

Would also like to get into a few scraps but drop my PM and raise my +/-.

5. Any of em to be honest but I'm interested in seeing how well I'd do along side Savard, Komarov and Do.

• 1 month later...

1) I'm just returning to activity and haven't paid much attention to the VHL until a few days ago. Tell me about your player and what you been up to on VHL

2) If instead of being drafted you picked your VHLM and VHL teams, what teams would you want to play for and why?

3) I see that you consider yourself "VHL Elite." Does that mean you think you are better than @Victor?

4) If you could change one thing about the VHL what would it be

5) What is your favorite fast food restaurant and meal?

1. Well Kiaskov is a handsome fellow of Russian decent. He's been involved in hockey since he was ten years old, playing form of organized hockey or another. Kiaskov has played every position in the game, starting out as a D then moving on to goalie. Now being moved up to forward, he prefers RW even though he shoots left as he see's the ice better.

He is a tough grinding player with two way ability, and is more than capable to fill any role on a team. He is a "Jack of all trades" player and is an asset in the locker room and on the ice.

2. In all honesty, I would be happy to play anywhere, be it VHLM or VHL. I would only hope to go to a club that has great cohesiveness amongst the players and management. Hockey is a love for me so as long as I get to play I'm happy. 

I know its not the answer you want but its how I feel.

3.That was a title given to me by the powers that be. While I do think highly of myself, I in no way shape or form do think that I am better than anyone else...Victor included. I do think though that I am elite when it comes to the looks department.

4. That this game was coded into a downloadable app, available for free and on all platforms. 

5but don't really have a favorite place or meal, but right now I like Canter's in Vegas with their meat loaf, mashed potatoes and battered onion strings and Texas Road House in Grand Forks with their BBQ half chicken, chilli and cold mugs of beer.

Thanks for the interview.

Edited by Exlaxchronicles

• 1 month later...
On 10/1/2018 at 12:01 AM, Exlaxchronicles said:

Looking for any and all questions please and thank you.

1. Do you think Davos could be a contender for the next season too?

2. Which team you want to be traded to if Davos sells?

3. I've heard you won't recreate after Kiaskov. I assume you named a reason somewhere, but I didn't see. So why?

4. This is actually the last contract season for David. Going to FA?

5. Who's better GM - Tyler or Beaviss?

1. Definitely HC will contending for next year, regardless of who leaves for FA etc. I believe he'll pull some good picks this draft and with which players sign/resign GM Tyler has the experience to keep this club competitive.

2. Well if I was to be traded, any team that wants me. They can expect the same grit and intensity I've given every season, so I'm happy to play with any club.

3. You've heard correct. Due to house/cottage Reno's, schooling, work and spending/taking care of family esp. my lil toddler who had stroke, I don't have a lot of time or energy to spend here now. I'll try to stay on in a limited roll as a grader but that's it for now. Some day I'll recreate.

4. ?

5.  Haha, trying to put me on the spot aren't ya! Actually, I feel they both have what it takes as they're both phenomenal. Tyler has more experience when it comes to the game. He's proven himself already and has the reputation of being a winner.

Beave is newer to the scene but he's a self starter and takes initiative. He's accomplished a lot in his short career as a GM, so look for him to even add more credit to his resume. They were both a joy to play for.

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Exlaxchronicles said:

Looking to field any and all questions.

1. What are your thoughts on your season so far?

2. What are your thoughts on how the Bears are doing?

3. How do you think they'll do in playoffs?

4. What were some of the factors that made you join the Bears the past off-season?

5. Predict your stats at the end of the season!

@Exlaxchronicles

1. I could be hitting the back of the twine more and I'm not hitting and getting into fights like I did last year which I thoroughly enjoy. I'd like to see more production for all three from my play.

2. I think we could be doing better actually. We're not consistent enough on the PP and out OT shootouts leave a lot to be desired.(Put me on the shootout ?). Also our group as a whole could be contributing more.

3. I have this bad omen that we'll lose the finals in OT in the seventh game, but I believe we have the all the right pieces to bring home the cup.

4. I had three offers, one from Que, HC and you. HC had good offence but they were missing that defensive aspect and I felt it was my least chance of a cup run.

Quebec was in the running for my first choice as I thought they had solid depth but were slightly lacking on the front lines.Thats where I would've come in but I was only offered a one year contract (rental) and didn't feel comfy with it. Also both these clubs had previously passed me around in tradeslike a hooker at an all you can bang brothel, so I was leary.

You showed genuine interest and your inquiry about my position switch which I was also interested in helped in my decision. The icing on the cake was acquiring McAll and Otto to solidify the offense. You offered me the best chance a most welcome choice so I couldn't refuse.

5. If I continue at this pace, 72 - 15- 69 - 84.

Thanks for the questions Bana!

1. Saying no to Quebec, how do you sleep at night?

2. What teams you think will be the Top-3 in this years regular season?

3. Playing on the same pairing with Kovalchuk, what is that like?

4.  When I park my giant frame in front of Sterling, how you plan on moving me?

5.  Seattle lost last time they were in the shootout, do you ever wish you could get out there and show how it´s done?

1. Like a baby jR. The team had their chance but the offer wasn't sweet enough.

2. Riga, Seattle and its a toss up between Calgary (still hatin) and Quebec. I hate Calgary but they make squeek in. I would rather Quebec make it.

3. He's a dynamic young D and is exciting to watch out there. Unfortunately he's suffering from that damn sophomore jinx as so many second year players do. This year he's not playing to his full potential but I think he'll rebound eventually.

4. Actually, I'm a dirty little prick. There's the can opener, tripping, slash to the back of the knee where there's no padding, grabbing the back of your jersey at the waist and pulling while I trip you, stick blade in between the boot and blade and pull and if all else fails a sucker punch. I still like ya n its nothing personal just business.

5. I'm quite capable in the shootout so I don't know what the hold up is. Are defence men not allowed?!

Thanks for the questions!

Edited by Exlaxchronicles

• 3 weeks later...

1. Do you think Kiaskov deserves more accolades than he gets in the VHL?

2. Since you've switched to D this year, do you actually have a favorite defence man?

3. I hear you won't be recreating after next season but are you actually going to stick around and do grading?

4. What are Seattle's chances these playoffs ?

5. Do you think you should win the award this year for best defensive D ?

• 5 weeks later...

1. Well not that I wanna toot my own horn but I think I am underrated somewhat.

2. Yes I do, 1980's D man from the NHL's New York Islanders Denis Potvin. The first Defence man in NHL history to get a 1000 points and a 1000 penalty minutes.

3. Yup. Although the game is a great distraction and keeps my mind busy on down time, it takes over a year in real time to compete a career. I Started this league last summer and I'm just finishing up Kiaskov's final season.

4. I think pretty good. Even though we've lost McAllister to retirement, the Charm will fill his spot quite nicely.

5. Last year I felt I should have garnered at least a few votes but I've noticed ballot voting is slightly biased and favoured toward the more popular players.

1 Why no player after Kiaskov?

2 What is your favourite part of the VHL universe?

3 Does Kiaskov deserve consideration for the HOF?

4 What do you enjoy about grading, when most people seem to complain about it?

5 What made you decide to switch positions? Was it to help the team or your own career?

1. With work, school, family and a shit load of Reno's to do on my house, garage and cottage my time is limited. To have a decent player here you need to spend more energy than I can give. I'll stay on though to do reviewing to help out.

2. Probably the interaction of the members and seeing how our creations have turned out each season.

3. Not really but maybe only some on the merits of how much TPE he's earned. Hopefully I get him to 1200+ but I'm losing motivation.

4. I like to see what the artistic side and imagination of the members come up with in their gfx and articles. It gives you a little insight into their character and whom they are as individuals.

5. Totally to help the team but I had designs on maybe finishing as a defence man about half way through my career. Team player here man.

Thanks so much for the questions Oil!