Louth/Quebec Meute Press Conference

Beaviss

Keaton Louth and his General Manager (Also named Keaton Louth weird?) Step onto the podium “Me and Louth will now be awnsering questions about the upcoming season. 

-Please post questions and tag me @Beaviss so I don’t miss them.

-Can be directed and me or the GM side of me.

As GM of the Meute, has anything gone differently than you expected thus far?

Do you have an idea for when you plan on being competitive again?

As this is the only team you’ve played for in your young VHL career, any early regrets on not getting to experience any other cities?

Many thought last year would be your breakout season. You showed improvement, but ultimately did not take the leap forward those people were expecting. What are your personal expectations for this upcoming season?

11 minutes ago, Quik said:

As GM of the Meute, has anything gone differently than you expected thus far?

Do you have an idea for when you plan on being competitive again?

As this is the only team you’ve played for in your young VHL career, any early regrets on not getting to experience any other cities?

Many thought last year would be your breakout season. You showed improvement, but ultimately did not take the leap forward those people were expecting. What are your personal expectations for this upcoming season?

1. Not particularly some of the other General Managers have reached out to me to welcome me into the league. Going from a Cup winning team in the VHLM too the expected worst team in the VHL will be a bit of a culture shock but that's why I wy as hired. My job is to make this team into a cup winning team and Im fully committed to making it an reality.

2. If this next draft is as great as it looks and my current players keep practicing hard im expecting 2-3 seasons until we are contending.

3. No im fully committed to the Meute I made it clear that whoever drafted me had my full commitment. If that's a couple years of rebuilding that's ok. Do not forget we almost won the cup my first season here...

4. Last year was hard ill admit but that's only giving me more drive to become one of the premier Defenceman in the league. My goal is to help the team first off there is a few rookies joining the team this year. Stat wise im hoping to break the 30 goal mark.

As the new GM of a team that's in the rebuilding phase, what do you hope to accomplish in your first season?

Keaton: What areas of your game do you feel needs the most improvement, and do you consider yourself a top line player or more of a depth defence man at this point?

Whom do you think is the greatest of all time...Gretsky or Lemieux?

6 hours ago, Exlaxchronicles said:

As the new GM of a team that's in the rebuilding phase, what do you hope to accomplish in your first season?

I hope that we can continue down the rebuilding path by gathering assets to compete in a season or two. I don’t think it’s going to be a winning season and we might be one of the worst teams this year but I hope our rookies can at least put up a ton of points.

6 hours ago, Exlaxchronicles said:

Keaton: What areas of your game do you feel needs the most improvement, and do you consider yourself a top line player or more of a depth defence man at this point?

I’ve really been focusing on my offensive side of the game. I should work on my defensive positioning but it’s something that comes with time and experience. I think I’m definitely a top line player. I’m currently playing on the top pairing on Team Canada.

Whom do you think is the greatest of all time...Gretsky or Lemieux?

For points Gretzky for everything else Lemieux. Lemieux was beyond dominate it’s unfortunate that he couldn’t finish his amazing career.

• Commissioner

@Beaviss 

- Nearly everyone predicted you for Most Improved last season but you were unfortunately not nominated for the award. Why do you think your performance was not up the standards everyone expected from you?

- The league has abolished the former awards for top leader and most sportsmanlike. Do you believe their replacements for top offensive D and best GAA best represent where the league's future lies?

15 hours ago, Trifecta said:

How does one succeed Frank?

1. One doesn’t but I still have to try..

Do you have any pre-GM jitters?

2. Not really it feels the same as the VHLM just everything I do is scrutinized more.

Do you think you will transition well from the minors to the VHL?

3. I think so I know the direction the team needs to take and hopefully I can lead it in the right direction.

Will you be making a second player?

4. No I will not I need to focus on making Louth the best he can be.

How do you feel about the new update scale?

5. I like it for too long has all players been made the same hopefully this makes people try out different builds TWF, Checking forward etc.

@Beaviss

Your team is firmly entrenched in a rebuilding year, and as such your current standing doesn't come as a surprise. Is there any surprises thus far among the other 7 teams that you were not expecting to start the year?

@Beaviss

With the current state of Quebec, you're afford a bit of a blank canvas opportunity.

What does your philosophy look like when it comes to building a team? Are you a build from the net out type of player? small speedy wingers and big centers? Do you draft based on need? or are you a BPA type of team builder?

• 2 weeks later...

Have you thought about competing next season, knowing how many S60 picks you have?

Quebec needs goalies. Iseult or Asipi Jr. ?

Do you have a member(s) you really want to have in your team?

Bennington, Green, Bourdon. All of them from previous Frank trades went inactive. What's the deal? Inactive LR, something else?

Seems like we're witnessing the reneissance of the VHLM. Is this only for one season though?

@Beaviss

Considering you're very likely to end up with the first overall pick, are there any players that stand out to you as being a target for that?

Would you basically be starting clean with the draftees this year (plus Louth), or do you plan on keeping a couple of the existing players on-board?

What sort of playstyle do you want to have for the Meute, and how does this affect your drafting decisions?

If you had to classify your coaching as offensive, defensive, or balanced, which would you pick?

What is the average airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

1. Which player on the Meute do you feel has made the biggest impact on the team.this year and why?

2. Knowing that the Meute are in a rebuilding phase, what areas of team play do you think needs the most improvement?

3. As a top pairing defenceman on the team, would you consider yourself one of the leaders on the club?

4. Can you see yourself leading the Meute in scoring this year, and if so what would be your point prediction at seasons end?

5. What style of player do you see yourself as ie. SAHD,rushing defence man etc.?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Commissioner

1. Quebec unfortunately did not win the lottery. How big of a setback is this for your team?

2. When would you expect the Meute to be competing?

3. You’ve expressed disappointment in Louth lately. Do you think this is just on account of your team’s lack of success or your build?

4. Why do you love 3-way deals so much?

5. What team do you think will have the best chance at the cup next season?

1. What is Quebec's plans for this up coming season? 

2. You guys just acquired forward Xavier Laflamme, what are your plans with him?

3. What team do you see being Quebec's biggest threat this upcoming season ?

4. How long till your rebuild becomes competitors?

5. Waffles or pancakes?

• 7 months later...

1. Best Rookie for S63 from Quebec and why?

2. Do you see a cup in the near future, how soon do you think before Quebec makes it happen?

3.  Any tips for a new AGM?

4. How long do you see yourself in this role as Gm for?

5. How will use your first pick to your advantage?

Edited by BladeMaiden

1.  Thoughts on Quebec´s playoff run?

2.  Who is your least favorite center in VHL to go against in the faceoffs?

3.  I have been planning on doing very little cardio during the off-season, is that going to be a problem when training camp starts?

4. Are you going to let BladeMaiden handle the yelling in practice from now on or are you going to come and watch the players still and keep on yelling?

5.  What you think is Quebec´s biggest weakness right now?

• 6 months later...

Hey @Beaviss I've spent some time on the site looking at things and, in my limited time here, I can tell you've managed to make two of the more recent successful offensive players in the VHL. With that, I'm hoping you'll dust off 16 months of rust since your last reply to a personal press conference to answer five questions from a not-so-new-but-never-old member who is desperately trying to make this the time he finally sticks with the VHL and has a quality experience here. I'm going to make my first set of press conference questions in the VHL mean something.

1. What's the best advice you can give a new member who has joined the community?
  2. Which members would you advise me to follow on the site, take advice from or who can enrich my experience?
  3. What is the absolute #1 thing you enjoy most about this league or community?
  4. I plan to make an Offensive Right Winger. What is crucial build knowledge that I should know going into this career?
  5. Besides TPE and sheer activity, is there anything a good VHL GM specifically looks for in a potential draftee?

Thanks in advance if you have the time to answer these

:leo:

1 hour ago, Shaka said:
  • What's the best advice you can give a new member who has joined the community?

join the discord and get involved in the community. The community all have there own theories on how sths reads stats. Alot of guides to help you get a good first step right off the bat.

• Which members would you advise me to follow on the site, take advice from or who can enrich my experience?

This is a harder question since it depends on your personality. If your into trolls I'd say hangout with pennypenny. If not and you just want good solid sim advice id say eaglesfan his theory's are very interesting and carry slot of weight. You can ask me questions anytime you have them and I'll answer as soon as I can!.

• What is the absolute #1 thing you enjoy most about this league or community?

im a big hockey nerd so this scratches that itch. I also love how far the community has come since the dark days and it's only getting better. I love the activity and trying to figure out how to make my team and my players the best they can be. 

• I plan to make an Offensive Right Winger. What is crucial build knowledge that I should know going into this career?

Skating is a controversial stat but alot of people will say that should be one of your first things to throw TPE at. I myself think you should focus on a couple stats and get them up it seems to have to biggest impact. Scoring > Defence > Puck handling is the order of importance for a scoring winger.

• Besides TPE and sheer activity, is there anything a good VHL GM specifically looks for in a potential draftee?

i have a long list of things I look for but the biggest things for myself is activity. The perfect prospect would be someone capping every week and talking on the forums regularly and the discord channel. The engagement in the community is one of the most important thing for myself.

Anytime you need anything let me know and I'd be happy to help!

1. On the scale of 1 to 10, how nervous are you when going into the last games when the series is tied at 2-2?

2. What are some of the most important life lessons you have learned from Rauno Palo?

3. In your opinion, how much is too much in the checking and fighting attributes?

4. Right now Roger Sterling is at 666 TPE - comments on that number?

5. Do you like European players?