Hood selected 2nd overall by Dynamo

philthethrill81

Hood selected 2nd overall by Dynamo

“No, I wouldn’t have believed you. It’s a dream come true just to be drafted, let alone second overall to a historic franchise such as Davos. I couldn’t be happier right now and can’t wait to get things started with the franchise.”

That was Las Vegas Aces defensemen Brandon Hood speaking to a reporter immediately after the draft, regarding where he thought he would be a year ago today. Also pointed out in his interview with the reporter was that he knew he had played well during the regular season but didn’t view that as reason to be selected ahead of some of his draftmates.

“I figured I would fall a littler lower in the draft to the reputation of some of my draftmates. I know guys like Lawson, St-Laurent, and Lebrunette come with quite the reputation, and I was prepared to see them get their names called before me. I mean it when I say I was truly honored to be selected with such a high pick, and I’m going to do everything in my power to help bring this franchise a championship.”

Along with Hood, Davos selected center Joseph Bassolino first overall, and the two are expected to be important pieces in the Dynamo’s rebuild. Dynamo fans have to be please with the results of the draft Tuesday night, netting two great players.