Notes Unchained

Quik

Ok, so I think I was wrong last week, this will be my last in the "Notes" series as a VHL.com article before it moves to the Portal under a new name but same format. Lots of stuff to cover, not a lot of space to get it done...

• The World Cup Final is set, and nobody was expecting this. After dominating the Round Robin, Scandinavia fell to Western Europe who finished last in the Round Robin standings. Team Fuck You (AKA Team USA @BluObieZ) also upset Team World, and will be hosting Western Europe in the "We shouldn't be here" Final
  • Lots of movement in the VHL, as Riga, Toronto and Seattle have all geared up to make Continental Cup runs this season
  • Toronto made the first move, acquiring reigning Labatte Trophy winner Fabio Jokinen and former Boulet winner Fook Yu.
  • Riga took advantage of Toronto's roster shuffle and picked up Verner Reinholdt to bolster their offense
  • Seattle, meanwhile, pounced on an opportunity to secure the best D-corps of the contenders, as Mats Johnsson will be joining Alexei Federov and Dexter Lane (picked up in the trade with Toronto) on the blueline in Starbucks Town.
  • The VHL season gets underway tonight, so we will catch a glimpse of how these new look rosters, as well as the re-scaled league in general, look as the VHL moves toward a new future
  • Plea: Please @Will, no more 1.5 - The WC sim engine has produced erratic results and low scoring games, neither of which produce happy fans.

16 minutes ago, Quik said:

Ok, so I think I was wrong last week, this will be my last in the "Notes" series as a VHL.com article before it moves to the Portal under a new name but same format. Lots of stuff to cover, not a lot of space to get it done...

• The World Cup Final is set, and nobody was expecting this. After dominating the Round Robin, Scandinavia fell to Western Europe who finished last in the Round Robin standings. Team Fuck You (AKA Team USA @BluObieZ) also upset Team World, and will be hosting Western Europe in the "We shouldn't be here" Final
  • Lots of movement in the VHL, as Riga, Toronto and Seattle have all geared up to make Continental Cup runs this season
  • Toronto made the first move, acquiring reigning Labatte Trophy winner Fabio Jokinen and former Boulet winner Fook Yu.
  • Riga took advantage of Toronto's roster shuffle and picked up Verner Reinholdt to bolster their offense
  • Seattle, meanwhile, pounced on an opportunity to secure the best D-corps of the contenders, as Mats Johnsson will be joining Alexei Federov and Dexter Lane (picked up in the trade with Toronto) on the blueline in Starbucks Town.
  • The VHL season gets underway tonight, so we will catch a glimpse of how these new look rosters, as well as the re-scaled league in general, look as the VHL moves toward a new future
  • Plea: Please @Will, no more 1.5 - The WC sim engine has produced erratic results and low scoring games, neither of which produce happy fans.

1.5 sucks ass