Yukon Rush Press Conference

Smarch

• Commissioner

1) Does your player have a pre-game ritual? What is it?

2) What is your favorite goal song?

3) What kind of mascot would you like to see for the Rush?

4) Who is your favorite player in the VHL?

5) What number do you wear and why?

6) We're a couple weeks in, who would you vote for the C and A's? (1C, 2A)

Edited by Josh

1) Does your player have a pre-game ritual? What is it?

Draven just eats a good small meal and plenty of rest. But Draven reads up and studies a lot of tape & info about his opponents. He’s very focused. 

Erik really doesn’t have a favorite. 

Thats a good question ?maybe a Bull ?! Cuz I bull rush a lot of idiots on the ice. 

I don’t have one. 

I wear number 77 cuz seven is my lucky and favorite number. 

( Draven C , Flowers A ,Plunkett A )or ( Flowers C, Draven A, Plunkett A )

Before every game, A Red Guy pounds down a Snickers, slams a Red Bull, and makes sure he's got his Hanes® underwear on. It all makes him a surprising amount in endorsements.

As the Rush we should have a famously fast animal, like a cheetah or a hare. I'd also be fine with the mascot just being a dude in a suit that looks like a giant Rush logo.

A Red Guy wears number 8, like all my players (or some variation of the number in the case of some of my other players). It's just always been my favorite number, not really sure why.

Bolonee likes to have alone time with his girlfriend and burn some calories!  Before and after every game! lol she likes that Tantric  

I like My Sharona !! (They should change it to "My Bologna") 

I'm not sure? 

I don't have one. 

I wear number 38 because my forearms weigh 11 lbs each. If you calculate 3+8 equals 11  

6) We're a couple of weeks in, who would you vote for the C and A's? (1C, 2A)

Yes, I would like to see Erik Draven, Plunkett or Flowers all get leadership roles. I feel like Draven is very vocal and helps keep everyone on the same page and would stick up for his teammates no matter what. Plunkett has been a beast on points and scoring phenomenally also. Flowers has been scoring almost a point per game and is a very physical presence! 

1) Does your player have a pre-game ritual? What is it?

Well I have been taking advantage of living out in the yukon and I have made a ritual of going out fishing either before or after our home games.

The trooper by iron maiden

3) What kind of mascot would you like to see for the Rush?

Get gritty up in here. That or a giant artic char or a polar bear or something like that.

I dont really have one.

I wear number 8, no particular reason why, but it was my grandfather's number.

Flowers for C, Draven and Stansson jr for As

Eating salmon on an English muffin. It's a new tradition, but damn if there isn't some tasty salmon up in the Yukon. Everybody needs a little bit of game fuel.

If I'm scoring, it should be a funeral dirge. Because there's no way in hell that I should ever be scoring goals, and the other team should be ashamed.

Ooh, this is a good one. I think a sled dog/husky would make a lot of sense, and be something familiar to the region as well. I now want to design this.

A defenseman with a lot of assists, not so many goals, and excellent skating ability to block shots. Robert Malenko's been doing that for years, even as he's hopped around teams.

Number 11 - it's a reminder of how old I was when I first started playing, and a note that even if others started playing earlier, I still have the talent to catch up.

Eller for captain, myself and Draven for A's. That seems to be the way things have broken down in the locker room, makes sense by me.

1. Are you excited for the WJC?  I'm excited about all the players.
  2. Who are you rooting for and why? I'm not rooting for any certain player.
  3. Who do you think will win? The best team always wins!
  4. Who do you think Claims MVP? Not sure really.
  5. Who Makes the All-star team? Brendan Plunkett
  6. Do you sing your country's national anthem or just mouth the words? Sing it
  7. What team would you like to GM in the WJC? Any team would be fine with me!
  8. one player to snag from another team to add to your current team who is of the same nationality!  Aamon Grim
  9. Would you ever burn a flag if you knew you wouldn't get caught? nope
  10. You just got a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct, what did you do? I go to the box and not be too happy about it.
  11. Jersey color swap for WJC special jerseys, what colors would you give each team? Arctic Blue for one and Blaze Red for the other
  12. What is your fav task to gain tpe and why? I love making graphics!

1. Are you excited for the WJC? Yes it’s exciting. 
  2. Who are you rooting for and why? I’m not rooting for any specific team 
  3. Who do you think will win? Not sure really. 
  4. Who do you think Claims MVP? The best player I would imagine. No clue yet. 
  5. Who Makes the All-star team? Frans Eller
  6. Do you sing your country's national anthem or just mouth the words? I sing it. 
  7. What team would you like to GM in the WJC? I would be happy to be GM for any of them. 
  8. one player to snag from another team to add to your current team who is of the same nationality!  Aamon Grim
  9. Would you ever burn a flag if you knew you wouldn't get caught? No I would not. 
  10. You just got a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct, what did you do? I’m not happy and head to the box. 
  11. Jersey color swap for WJC special jerseys, what colors would you give each team? Gold and the other silver 
  12. What is your fav task to gain tpe and why? I love making graphics and media spots. 

I eat a Cheese Danish, well, because I'm Danish. 

Zombie Nation. 

A large, bearded mining guy in flannel. 

Frans Eller. 

37, because it's the number that elite centers wear. 

Cowboy for the C, Draven and Dredge for the As. 

Just punching the faces of my opponents.

Lift me up - Five Finger Death Punch

I like the idea of a Yukon wolf.

I currently dont have one, there is a lot of really good players to pick from.

# 20... Chris Prongers number

C = Eller

A = Flowers

A = Draven

I eat Kentucky Fried Chicken before each game. It has to be seven and half tendered pieces that I eat. Three wings, three legs, and the seventh one really depends on my mood that day. If I need to keep a streak going, I'll go with the same 7th piece as I ate the previous game. If something went wrong or I did not perform well, I go with the other option and give away the rest of the bucket. It's my thing ever since I was a young child. 

Who Let the Dogs Out by Baha Boys. It's a pure classic and the tunes really gets stuck into your head if you let it linger long enough. Perfect for the opponents. 

A common raven. It is the official animal of the Yukon Territory, so the organization should be attempting to pay homage to its home lands as much as possible. 

I do not follow the VHL so I cannot really answer as to which player is my favorite. Maybe the four guys that I selected in my VHL Fantasy League. No idea how those four guys are doing though haha.

I wear #98. Nobody uses 99 because that number belongs to The Great One, Wayne Gretzky. Nobody touches him. So I take the next largest possible number, which happens to be 98. I'm okay with that because I know that my number is unique and nobody else can claim it. 

Frans Eller for C, no doubt.

Lance Flowers as one of the A.

Willie Dredge for the second A. 

Because I do not deserve one. My practice ethics have unfortunately dipped a little the last two RL weeks. But I'm back full force and I plan on making myself one of the premier D-Man in the draft. 

Usually chugging a Monster or two and reading the stats for our opponent

Nothing beats Brass Bonanza, but if I had to pick one for myself it'd be Imagine Dragons' Natural

I think some form of dog or wolf would make the most sense given the location

I'm still relatively new to the scene, so I don't have one at this moment

14. It's been my favorite/lucky number since middle school.

I'm gonna echo my teammates here and say Eller for C, Flowers and Draven for A

Edited by 73MPL4R
Misspelled "dog"

• Commissioner

1) With the trade deadline on Monday, what type of moves do you think the team requires to compete?

2) Which team do you predict to win the WJC and why?

3) Have you performed up to your expectations so far this season?

4) Who would you say the MVP of the team has been for the first half of the season?

5) What has been your favorite game so far this season?

6) What is your favorite pass time other than hockey?

1) With the trade deadline on Monday, what type of moves do you think the team requires to compete? 

Josh will come up with something good. He’s done great up to this point. Probably another scorer (forward or offensive d-man) He probably won’t break bank but will add a good depth goal scorer. 

Im rooting for Canada because I am the GM of that team. But USA would be my pick if we lose. 

I have gotten better throughout the cites of the season. I’m started to find chemistry with my linemates and scoring more goals. I have scored 4 goals against Minnesota this year. 

4) Who would you say the MVP of the team has been for the first half of the season?

I would say Brendan Plunkett has definitely been the MVP. 

Any game that we win is a favorite game for me. 

St. Louis Cardinals baseball 

1) With the trade deadline on Monday, what type of moves do you think the team requires to compete?

I dont believe there will be too many trades, Yukon it doing quite well as is right now, but there maybe 1 or 2 blockbuster trades to help give us an extra kick.

Canada no doubt, best world team around the globe.

I have exceeded what i expected this season, I didnt expect to be the top performer for Yukon.

Frans Eller, great guy on and off the ice, one of the best teammates I could ask for. 

The winning ones!

Video games and player improvements

Edited by MetalToday

On 7/30/2019 at 9:01 AM, Jbeezy76 said:
  1. Are you excited for the WJC? Yes it’s exciting. 
  2. Who are you rooting for and why? I’m not rooting for any specific team 
  3. Who do you think will win? Not sure really. 
  4. Who do you think Claims MVP? The best player I would imagine. No clue yet. 
  5. Who Makes the All-star team? Frans Eller
  6. Do you sing your country's national anthem or just mouth the words? I sing it. 
  7. What team would you like to GM in the WJC? I would be happy to be GM for any of them. 
  8. one player to snag from another team to add to your current team who is of the same nationality!  Aamon Grim
  9. Would you ever burn a flag if you knew you wouldn't get caught? No I would not. 
  10. You just got a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct, what did you do? I’m not happy and head to the box. 
  11. Jersey color swap for WJC special jerseys, what colors would you give each team? Gold and the other silver 
  12. What is your fav task to gain tpe and why? I love making graphics and media spots. 

I'll let it go, but your answers for this all look very similar to the post above yours.

6 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

I'll let it go, but your answers for this all look very similar to the post above yours.

What are you talking about I was the first person to answer the questions and comment on this presser. I have never copied anybody’s answers. That’s ridiculous 

I dont think we need to tweek too too much now that we acquired Nate Wright. Maybe get some more firepower? 

Canada because, surprise i'm on their team.

No not at all I started off the season very bad, went something like -12 in my first ten games? I feel like i've only been settling myself in as a player only recently and I hope to have a better 2nd half to the season. 

Plunkett for sure, h'es carried the team offensively throught the season. He's hands down the MVP so far.

I've been loving our series against the Storm. We lost our last two but I hope to be able to bounce back in our next game.

Fishing and i've been taking advantage of that here in the Yukon.

1) With the trade deadline on Monday, what type of moves do you think the team requires to compete?

I believe we could use a bit more scoring punch down the wings, or potentially another playmaker. 

Team Europe because I’m on it. 

I’ve done about as well as I expected to. 

Mr. Flowers. What a leader. 

I thoroughly enjoyed the back to back wins against the Reapers. 

I go to the local dive bars and sing karaoke. I’m a big fan of Guns N Roses. 

Oh jeez that's today. Well, I think that Yukon is pretty solid and set on defense. We definitely could acquire a scoring forward or center. A playmaker who can bury the puck in the back of the net whenever we need a goal right away. If we can land somebody like that, that would be a huge upgrade to our offense and our drive for a Cup this season. 

I am hopeful that Team Europe can pull it off. It's pretty cool that a couple of our Rush teammates are on the Europe team so we'll be looking to make some noise and show everybody what's up. 

On our team, I think I've played rather well. I'm one of only three players on our team with 20 or better +/- rating. So that's really encouraging and tells me that I'm doing something right more often than not. The fact that I'm the third highest on the team in points is a little troubling I think. I was hoping for some more offensive output out of our team this season, but that's okay. Something for us to work on in the second half of the season.

Definitely Brendan Plunkett on the rink. Dude has been amazing for us this season, leading the Rush in goals and +/-. Frans Eller is probably a close second but could very well be number one if you include the LR, Discord and all that. Eller has been the model teammate and I've enjoyed playing with him so far. 

Any of our wins against quality opponents. That's how you work your way up the standings and inch closer to the Cup. That's the ultimate goal of every team and it is no different with me. 

I would have to say ice fishing. There aren't too many spots where you can really ice fish and Iceland is a good place to do that. Yukon is a close second and I've enjoyed every chance I can get to go ice fishing. The management aren't too happy when I go out because of all the things that could happen from ice fishing... but when WSJ wants to ice fish, WSJ will ice fish. 

Already passed, but we made the right moves. Wright is a good role player that can help our defensive end.

I think Canada has a good chance.

I think I have played well, Defense needs to be better, and I could possibly score more in different lineups, but that's not my choice, and I will play my hardest no matter what.

Plunkett, man has he just been the lights out guy we need.

No one in particular, just the games we win.

Watching other sports, or spending time with family.

4 hours ago, Jbeezy76 said:

What are you talking about I was the first person to answer the questions and comment on this presser. I have never copied anybody’s answers. That’s ridiculous 

Not the most recent one, the one above you on July 30th. TBeez99 answered them first.

I think we need a sniper and more depth at center. 

I think Europe or Canada has a strong chance and Canada has the better goalie of the two. 

No, I need to build more TPE and get better all around.

I would say, Brendan Plunkett or Frans Eller. Honorable mention Erik Draven!

When we beat Philly two games in a row.

Skateboarding

Well, we're way past this now, but I'm fine with the trade deadline we had. Our improvement was always going to come from younger players getting better anyway, and we've shown that recently.

Well, it has to be Europe, because I'm on it. I could give a more detailed explanation, but that's all you need.

Before this week I might have said underachieving a bit, but we've been on a roll recently. Third or fourth was what I expected for the end of the season standings coming into the year, and we're now right there.

It has to be A Red Guy. Goalie was the huge question mark heading into the season, and he's not only filled that hole (phrasing), he's got the best GAA and second best save percentage in the entire VHLM.

Beating Philadelphia is fun, especially the one where they were like 17-1 and we gave them their second loss. It proves that we can hang with the top teams, and in the playoffs, anything can happen.

Well, typically I like to pass around rush hour, because that's the time of day when passing actually helps me get home sooner.