Yukon Rush Press Conference

Smarch

1) Did you believe Yukon would make it at least past the 1st round in these current playoffs?

Of course I did, I had full faith that we'd beat Halifax in the first round. I'm still pretty torn up about how that series ended up going down.

2) Who would be your pick for Top scorer on this years Yukon team?

Well Plunkett was technically our top scorer but give Frans Eller some props for stepping up and becoming that #1 center that we desperately needed. He didn't do too bad at all for a first year center. 

3) Who would you consider the Top defenseman on the current Yukon team?

Flowers was our leader on the blue line. He logged the most minutes and I blame him and A red guy for how very few goals allowed we've had over the season.

4) Are you happy with having played with the Rush this year? & why?

Playing with these guys have been a blast. It's a shame it's all comming to end so soon though. We had so much unreached potential, we all just gelled and played well together. Just frustrating we couldn't put it all together when it counts the most.

5) Who was your favorite Personality on the team this year?

I think Erik Draven was our most vocal personality in the room and stepped up and took on more of a leadership role for this team.

6) If given the chance what two players would you play with again?

I'd play with any of these guys again they're all great guys. But, due to on ice chemistry I"ll have to select Draven and Willie Dredge.

1) Did you believe Yukon would make it at least past the 1st round in these current playoffs?

I definitely thought we would get past the first round. 

2) Who would be your pick for Top scorer on this years Yukon team?

I would say Brendan Plunkett was the most consistent scorer throughout the entire season. 

3) Who would you consider the Top defenseman on the current Yukon team?

I believe Wolfe was the best he really put together a hell of a season. 

I really loved it. I wish we all had one more year together. We could’ve went even further this next year. 

My favorite personality was Seabass Perrin. He was really supportive and understood my ways. We had amazing chemistry along with Willie Dredge. Hope to play with those guys again in the VHL. 

6) If given the chance what two players would you play with again?

Seabass & Dredge for sure. But really any of the guys would be great to play with again. Everyone got along really well. Even Frans Eller liking the Boston Bruins didn’t bother me that much ??Go Blues!? (trade me now )

1) Will you be wanting to get drafted by Yukon in S68,or is there any other team you want to be drafted to?

2) How many goals and assists did you have in season 67?

3) What VHL team do you want to be drafted to? or where have you already been drafted to inS67? 

4) Do you play in any other hockey simulation league?

5) Name the 3 Most Original Named Players in the VHLM or VHL?

6) Is there a certain GM in the league you want to play for this next season?

@MetalToday @Jbeezy76 @Ace @Yaz Dingus @street @alex-daigle @TsarPeter @sjs88speed

@Tyler @CowboyinAmerica @Sebster03 @flan @MD9 @Cornholio @Tbeez99

@Molholt @sean39 @.sniffuM 

Edited by Tbeez99

1) Will you be wanting to get drafted by Yukon in S68,or is there any other team you want to be drafted to?

I would love to play in Yukon again.

I had 0 goals and 6 assists in S67.

3) What VHL team do you want to be drafted to? or where have you already been drafted to inS67? 

I will play for any VHL team but it would be best to play for a successful one or a expansion team.

No I do not play in any other league.

5) Name the 3 Most Original Named Players in the VHLM or VHL?

I like Kronos Bailey, Erik Draven ,& Rauno Palo.

I will play for anybody and would still like to play for Josh if he wanted me, but its no big deal. 

1) Did you believe Yukon would make it at least past the 1st round in these current playoffs?

Yeah, a disappointing end to a great season.

2) Who would be your pick for Top scorer on this years Yukon team?

Plunkett was a beast.

3) Who would you consider the Top defenseman on the current Yukon team?

Wolf Stansson has a hell of a year and he deserves it.

Yeah it gave me some great experience to the league, looking forward to seeing my teammates in the VHL.

Draven was a great teammate, even better friend. Would like to play on a team with him again in the future if the opportunity comes.

6) If given the chance what two players would you play with again?

Didn't see this question before answering the prior, but Draven and Eller.

As much as I enjoyed playing for Yukon -- I unfortunately will not be back next season. The travel between Yukon and my eventual VHL destination team would be too much for me to handle. I'd like to focus on gaining chemistry and traction with my VHL team as much as possible. I wish nothing but the best of luck going forward for the Yukon Rush organization. 

I had 70+ points last season, which was nice. Definitely a lot more than I expected but that's what happens when you adjust your game in order to best support the team success. I'm still disappointed that we didn't go further than we did. 

I would like to be drafted to a VHL team. Preferably a team whose GM/AGM has already been in touch with me and started building a relationship. Whether this relationship or the statements made by the GM/AGM is genuine or just filler talk - the effort counts in my book. Otherwise, I'd be walking into a dark hole, which is not desirable for me and I may return to Iceland. 

No, I do not. It's just this, the EFL and my primary league, the SBA. 

Lance Flowers

Condor Adrienne

Frans Eller 

As I said -- I would rather play for a GM who's already been in touch with me. It helps if I'm a little familiar with the front office of a particular VHL team so we can really have an open communication channel and work together toward the ideal personal build success/team success. If this communication channel does not exist, then my VHL experience would be dampened and I may not stick around for long. 

I don't believe I'll be playing with the Rush next season unfortunately. 

Not enough. 

Prague would be super cool. 

SHL baby.

A Red Guy, Condor Adrienne, Lance Flowers

All of them. But I'd like to work with D_A again. 

Yes, I will want to be drafted by Yukon next season. The VHL is a racket, and the mandatory restriction on TPE is an infringement of my rights. They will be hearing from my lawyer shortly.

I finished with 9 goals, 57 regular assists, and 3 "assists" in the postgame club for my teammates.

I'll be happy whoever takes me, but it'd be nice to be on a team that both really needs a young defenseman, and that my agency has never played for. There are a few that fit the bill.

I do not. I barely keep up with this one!

Historically: CAL G, Sraxakhadlhadide (spelling slightly off), The Charm

Yes, it's Josh. Because again, fuck the VHL, VHLM for life.

I wouldn't mind any team, I'm really gonna miss this team though, I hope the best for my teammates

39 goals and 48 assists, a collective 87 points.

I've been drafted to the nighthawks in s67.

I do not. This ones the best though lol.

Lance Flowers, Frans Eller, Erik Draven

As long as they are good and respectable I would have no problem playing for anyone.

Well I won't be here now that I got drafted by an Expansion team. I had a lot of fun while it lasted and truly wish I could've won here in the Yukon.

I got 14 goals, 12 of them PPG and 32 assists in 72 games

I just got drafted today by the Prague Phantoms,

Nope not at all

Tony Bolonee, Girth God, A Red Guy

Josh but sadly I wont be. Good luck out there Josh.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Commissioner

1. What was your opinion of how the VHLM draft went, for you and for the team?

2. Which team do you think will be our biggest rival this season?

3. What type of player do you want to be in the VHL? 

4. If there was another VHLM team that you play for, which would it be?

5. What is your favorite part of being a part of this community?

6. As it's close to the start of the season, what are your projects for how the VHL draft will go for you?

On 9/22/2019 at 1:42 PM, Josh said:

1. What was your opinion of how the VHLM draft went, for you and for the team?

2. Which team do you think will be our biggest rival this season?

4. If there was another VHLM team that you play for, which would it be?

5. What is your favorite part of being a part of this community?

6. As it's close to the start of the season, what are your projects for how the VHL draft will go for you?

1. I was happy where I was drafted top 10 is such an honour. I think the team has been playing well together.

2. Personally my rival is Mississauga as I was there last season.

3. The one who doesn't let a goal in

4. Probably Mississauga but I know they have 2 goalies at the moment. I am happy here.

5. Just seeing everyone interested in one goal is cool.

6. Seeing I have already been drafted I am just looking at playing my best hockey.

• 1 month later...
  • Commissioner

1. What do you hope to accomplish this season?

2. Where do you hope to play in the VHL?

4. How would a scout describe you?

5. While the roster is lean right now, who would you make this season's captain?

6. If the VHLM were to expand, where would you like to see a new team?

1 minute ago, Josh said:

1. What do you hope to accomplish this season?

2. Where do you hope to play in the VHL?

4. How would a scout describe you?

5. While the roster is lean right now, who would you make this season's captain?

6. If the VHLM were to expand, where would you like to see a new team?

1. A cup win. We were so close last time, now we need to bring it home.

2. I've already been drafted to Malmo, so probably there.

3. I want to be a playmaker just like I am down here.

4. I'd say great passer/puck mover but not very physical and sometimes takes dumb penalties.

5. I would have to say Alyksander Hunter. He's been here just as long as I have but he has the stats to back it up.

6. Definitely biased here, but I'd love to see a team in my home state of North Carolina.

1. I don’t know too much about hockey, but 20 assists sounds like a good goal to me.

2. Any team in the US. Cause US better than Canada :)

3. I would wanna be a playmaker who is always a team guy

4. They would describe me as good.

5. Still meeting the folks at the team so I can’t really choose rn.

6. In Cali.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Commissioner

1) What's your favorite off-ice activity?

2) Who is the biggest joker on the team?

3) What about the VHL is the most interesting aspect to you?

4) What's your biggest weakness on the ice and off?

5) Who's going to win each cup this season?

6) Who is your player render and why? (if you haven't picked one, what would your criteria be?)

9 hours ago, Josh said:

1) What's your favorite off-ice activity?

I like to play football my cousin Tony Spaz is a professional quarterback in the NFL he's played with the bills and saints winning Superbowls with both.

2) Who is the biggest joker on the team?

I'm honestly not sure would like to think it's me though.

3) What about the VHL is the most interesting aspect to you?

Having the chance to play the game at a professional level I mean it's not for everyone so you have to make it count.

4) What's your biggest weakness on the ice and off?

Defense and putting the puck into the net right now I'm working on my defense and I'm improving next will be putting the puck in the net.

5) Who's going to win each cup this season?

It's a hard one in the vhlm it's either going to be the wild or the hounds I the vhl I think it's could be any of the top teams.

6) Who is your player render and why? (if you haven't picked one, what would your criteria be?)

If I can end up making my own it would either be James Neal or Malkin I Neal use to be my favorite player when he was on the pens and I would like to think one day I'll be as underrated as Malkin.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Commissioner

1) How do you feel about the trades made this season?

2) Which team in the VHLM has the best logo? Why?

3) Which team in the VHLM has the best logo? Why?

4) How do you feel about Saskatoon this season?

5) You're 15 minutes late to the pre-game meeting, what was the reason?

6) Which Hogwarts house are you getting sorted into?

29 minutes ago, Josh said:

1) How do you feel about the trades made this season?

There were some good and shocking ones and being part of one to send me here I don't mind I've gotten more of an opportunity

2) Which team in the VHL has the best logo? Why?

2. I like Vancouver's to me it just has a great design 

3) Which team in the VHLM has the best logo? Why?

3. I would have to go with us it's nice and simple and doesn't reach.

4) How do you feel about Saskatoon this season?

4. It's like they switched NHL 20 season mode to rookie difficult but theres always that team that gets that lucky win.

5) You're 15 minutes late to the pre-game meeting, what was the reason?

5. I lost track of time and didn't leave till late it's my fault and it's something I have to work on and not let happen again.

6) Which Hogwarts house are you getting sorted into?

6. Probably Gryffindor though knowing my luck Hufflepuff 

• 2 weeks later...

1. The Rush have hired new faces to run the franchise. How do you feel about the New GM signing with @MexicanCow123 at the helm?

2. MexicanCow123 has already started assembling his team with the hiring of @Krice13 as his Assistant GM. Does the hiring of krice13 worry you knowing he has very little GMing experience?

3. The Rush are planning a rebuild starting next season. Does this worry you going into next season knowing the Rush might not be that competitive? 

4. With the draft coming up shortly after the playoffs wrap up, what do you think are the Rush’s biggest needs in their lineup?

5. Do you prefer using discord LR or using the forum for team communication?

6. Lastly, who do you think will win the VHLM title this season?

Updaters i was told by Beaviss that i could do them sense i am the GM of Yukon

1. The Rush have hired new faces to run the franchise. How do you feel about the New GM signing with @MexicanCow123 at the helm?

I think he will do great things to this team. He got 5 seasons of experience being a AGM for San Diego so i think hes ready.

2. MexicanCow123 has already started assembling his team with the hiring of @Krice13 as his Assistant GM. Does the hiring of krice13 worry you knowing he has very little GMing experience?

It doesn't worry me in the slightest and i know Krice will do great things for this team.

3. The Rush are planning a rebuild starting next season. Does this worry you going into next season knowing the Rush might not be that competitive? 
I mean it's always nice to be competitive but im all good with rebuilding for a little bit.

4. With the draft coming up shortly after the playoffs wrap up, what do you think are the Rush’s biggest needs in their lineup?

An active team. Currently the Rush have ONE active player. So they need to get some waiver signing ASAP to get some depth.

I prefer Discord. It's just so much easier for me. Can't explain why.

i haven't looked at any team right now. So currently i couldn't tell you. But i know San Diego is going to be so good for the next 2 seasons they have 10 picks in both drafts. 

Edited by MexicanCow123

3 hours ago, Krice13 said:

1. The Rush have hired new faces to run the franchise. How do you feel about the New GM signing with @MexicanCow123 at the helm?

I think it'll turn this team around in a couple of seasons.

2. MexicanCow123 has already started assembling his team with the hiring of @Krice13 as his Assistant GM. Does the hiring of krice13 worry you knowing he has very little GMing experience?

Nahh Cap will be great here it'll take some learning but he's got it.

No. In time they will rise again.

Goalie but honestly anyone's whose active.

Discord I get the notifications on my phone.

Saskatoon they're looking deadly I feel like if the hounds make it to the final it's going to be a tight battle.

He is very good as GM. I think he is a good choice.

He is doing well so far. I don't think experience is necessary.

I am used to teams that aren't competitive. I do not mind losing.

More players who are going to be active. We do not have enough people in LR.

Discord is better than the forum. I use discord a lot.

I don't even know who's in the playoffs. Maybe Mexico will win.

Edited by dylanjj37

1. The Rush have hired new faces to run the franchise. How do you feel about the New GM signing with @MexicanCow123 at the helm?

Nope, I have been in the Marlins Lc, and I know he is a good dude who has wanted to be GM for a long time. He will do good with his chance

2. MexicanCow123 has already started assembling his team with the hiring of @Krice13 as his Assistant GM. Does the hiring of krice13 worry you knowing he has very little GMing experience?

Not really, cause everyone has to start somewhere. I’m happy that he has a chance to prove himself so later he will be a GM.

Nope, not every team can go into a season expecting a championship. So while we rebuilding I’ll still be scoring and assisting. 

I have not looked at lineup, but I know we had activity problems. All I know is that I am taking RW.

Discord Lc.

Us. Gotta go with right mentality 

Yukon Rush Press Conference - Week ending  in Jan 12 2020

1. It is the last week of S69 and with that we have the playoff finals. In the VHLM it’s Saskatoon vs Mississauga. Saskatoon has a 3-1 series lead, does Mississauga come back and tie the series?

2. In the VHL it is Seattle vs. Riga, the series is currently tied at 1 game a piece. Who wins this series?

3. We are a week away from the VHLM dispersal draft. The Rush do not have a pick until the 3rd round. Who might be available in the later rounds that might be the steal of the draft?

4. How many seasons away are the Yukon Rush from being competitive again?

5. Just recently the S69 All-Star game was played. How much did you pay attention to this event?

6. When working on your point tasks, do you prefer doing media spots or making graphics! Or is there another way you get your 12 capped each week?

Edited by Krice13