Yukon Rush Press Conference

Smarch

On 3/22/2020 at 9:58 AM, Ricer13 said:

Yukon Rush Press Conference week ending March 29 2020

1. We are about to start the regular season this week. How excited are you for the offseason to be over?

2. For fun this week I am going ask a bunch of get to know you questions. We have a lot of new members and it’s time we all get to know each other. I am going to start with an easy one. Which NHL team is your favourite and why?

3. Which actor/actress do you think is the biggest smoke show? 

4. What’s your favourite party game when you get together with all your friends? It can be a drinking game or a board game, there is no wrong answer.

5. What is your favourite type of alcoholic beverage? If you have never had alcohol before what would be the first type you would like to try?

6. How would you best describe your personality? 

1. We need hockey right whether it's NHL or VHL So i'm obviously excited about the new season especially with the new acquisitions over the off-season.

2. Detroit, started with the beauties Zetterberg and Datsyuk and now i'm stuck with them.

3. Jennifer Aniston by a mile

4. Cage Rage with the boys

5. Whiteclaws, Classic hockey road trip drink

6. Idk determined, hard working, and funny

Yukon Rush Press Conference week ending April 5 2020

1. How are you feeling about the teams progress in week 1?

2. Ray Sheilds currently leads the team in points. Does this surprise you at all?

3. Which Yukon player/s need to take a step forward in their development and become an elite factor for this club?

4. How come the LR has been so quiet lately? Anything you recommend to freshen things up?

5. Aside from the Rush which VHLM team has surprised you the most?

6. Lets say you are in Ray or Dyl's graphic shop. What is the ideal render for your player sig?

1 minute ago, Ricer13 said:

2. Ray Sheilds currently leads the team in points. Does this surprise you at all?

3. Which Yukon player/s need to take a step forward in their development and become an elite factor for this club?

4. How come the LR has been so quiet lately? Anything you recommend to freshen things up?

6. Lets say you are in Ray or Dyl's graphic shop. What is the ideal render for your player sig?

1. Awesome first weeks. Team looks like we've been playing together for years.

2. Not at all. Ray's not just good at making sig's, he can put the puck in the net occasionally too.

3. Well I'm disappointed with my +/- rating. I think I need to get stronger.

4. Could be a lot on guys minds with the virus and all. I think it'll pick up.

5. Houston. They have their issues if they don't work on, they'll find themselves in a hole.

6. They both do tremendous sigs. I love the back round effects such as the lightening bolts.

20 minutes ago, Ricer13 said:

1. How are you feeling about the teams progress in week 1? I think I’m doing very well, I mean I practically am the team.

2. Ray Sheilds currently leads the team in points. Does this surprise you at all? Yes it’s basically bo burrows

3. Which Yukon player/s need to take a step forward in their development and become an elite factor for this club? Gino

4. How come the LR has been so quiet lately? Anything you recommend to freshen things up? Make burrows the captain instead of the A that’s just being stinky so just stop pls

5. Aside from the Rush which VHLM team has surprised you the most? None of them they’re all the same generic team with a star player.

6. Lets say you are in Ray or Dyl's graphic shop. What is the ideal render for your player sig? Any Tampa Bay player

1 hour ago, Ricer13 said:

1. It's not looking too bad. Could be better, but it's for sure solid atm.

2. Not a surprise, but there's definitely some players who could be better that aren't right now.

3. Who the fuck is this Gino kid and why is he slacking right now?

4. We're too busy being quarantined and busy that we forgot how to socialize in times of social need.

5. Not really too many. The VHLM is all a crapshoot anyways.

6. Gino DiGinnantonio or bust.

8 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

1. Still some work to be done, we have topleague potential and we're still half way there, we can be the top 2 for sure

2. Not really, he did some great work in the offseason and I'm happy to see him there

3. Me, Zyrok, I don't think I'm playingup to my potential, I might be the second in point but I'm suposed to be a MVP contender and help this team, and right now I really have to step up big, Yukon wasted a 2nd overall pick in me and I'm not going to let them down, I will step up big

4. I think everyone has been gaming, you knowwhat else are we suposed to do in quarantine, we can do some competitions between teammates or something of that nature

5. For good the Ottawa Lynx, as they didn't have much draft pick but they surelly have made themselves quite a competitive team

6. I don't have one, both their works are amazing I'm happywith what I get

we have done decently so far but I am expecting more from the team for the rest of the season
Sheilds is a great player and gets 1st line ice time so it's no surprise to me
We are going to need one of our wingers to step up and produce at a good pace like Sheilds. Our top scorers are all on the back end and while that is great we need some scoring from up front as well.
Building a LR culture is tough, especially in the VHLM where your players don't stick around for long, hopefully every starts getting more comfortable with each other soon. I recommend being patient for just a bit longer.
Saskatoon has been surprising, I know it is still early but the fact that they are top 3 in the league right now with such a low goal differential is very surprising. I expect them to drop a bit but who honestly knows.
only the greatest goalie of all time. mackenzie blackwood.

On 3/29/2020 at 6:55 PM, Ricer13 said:

1. Very good. We are honestly doing better than I expected.

2. A little but I knew he would be up in the top.

3. I don't have anyone in mind in particular

4. I think everyone is just busy and stressed with all that is going on currently.

5. I was expecting Mexico to do better this year than they currently are.

6. Idk haven't thought about it

On 3/29/2020 at 4:55 PM, Ricer13 said:

1. Decent, we need to step it up though if we want to win the cup

2. No He's is clearly the best player on the team, I don't think we have had a game where he is not on the score sheet

3. Gino

4. Idk just start using it more

5. Ottawa they have been on fire lately, hopefully that translates to Ottawas NHLVE team
6. Zetterberg from my shop

Yukon Press Conference week ending April 12 2020

1. Gino scores 2 hat tricks this week and now leads the team in goals! How excited are you that the Yukon winger is finally taking off?

2. As of right now, Zyrok and Sheilds are tied in points with 38 after 22 games. Which one finishes ahead of the other by seasons end?

3. Do you think Yukon should play their stars more to get the wins or is a good balanced attack and sharing ice time with everyone the better way to go?

4. Do you think the Rush could finish the season as a top 3 team? They currently sit 6th.

Get to know ya questions!

5. Are you a dog or a cat person? What type of dog or cat do you have?

6. What have you been doing to stay busy during the covid-19 pandemic?

1. Very. Every night it seems like we have 3 different stars of the game. It’s been excited.

2. Oh it doesn’t matter to me as long as we keep winning. Gun to my head, Big Bad Ray Shields.

3. I don’t think we should change things at the moment. We’re winning.

4. I think things are just beginning for the Rush. I definitely can see this team as a top 3 by seasons end.

5.  Dog by far. I have a Golden Retriever and Yellow Lab myself.  I’d be a Lab.

6. In real life, working from home, lots of TV, working out and all kinds of simulation games 

1. Gino scores 2 hat tricks this week and now leads the team in goals! How excited are you that the Yukon winger is finally taking off?

2. As of right now, Zyrok and Sheilds are tied in points with 38 after 22 games. Which one finishes ahead of the other by seasons end?

3. Do you think Yukon should play their stars more to get the wins or is a good balanced attack and sharing ice time with everyone the better way to go?

4. Do you think the Rush could finish the season as a top 3 team? They currently sit 6th.

1.Its amazing for the team to see him back in it and really starting to produce.

2. I think Zyrok even tho he's in a bit of a slump right now im sure he will find his game soon

3. If we are trying to win then we might want more power but at the same time this way let's the young guys get time and grow.

4. It's close that's for sure. I think 2-6 are all very close and it's going to come down to last minute. I do think they have a chance.

5. Dog person. I have a yellow lab.

6. Sleeping, exercise

3 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

1. I'm very excited as he is one of the most promising talents this team has ever seen and I like him as a player and as a individual!

2. I hope it's me but I really don't care, whatever is best for the team

3. I think for the time being we should play the stars more as in the beggining is where the standings are settled, through the middle of the season go back to a equal time and then on the last part go back to the stars to get as many wins as possible looking onto the playoffs

4. We have the talent, we just have to do a bit better on some games

5. Neither, don't like animals

6. Excersicing for practicing sports at a high-level next year

3 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

1. Gino is an absolute beauty. If only he was better than usual. I see some ridiculous numbers in the VHLM and he ain't the one putting them up.

2. Probably will be Zyrok. He's just a D-man with an assist machine stabilized to him. He ain't stopping anytime soon.

3. PLAY THE STARS. i need my points damn it.

4. Oh yeah, they'll finish 3rd. They're just having a bad start to the season.

5. Dog probably, but I live with a lot of cats currently so I am suffering :( I got allergies to cats too so it's all whack

6. Learning guitar, been just relaxing and living my life I suppose. It's been a boring solace.

6 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

1. Yeah, I think it's great that we've got a solid scoring winger on our roster, I think he's an asset that'll continue to help us down the line.
2. It'll be a close one, but I got Zyrok by a hair. Both guys are great but Z just has that assist ability.
3. I think maintaining a balanced approach will help us win games.
4. Oh for sure, if we keep up our current pace we can be top 3 easy. We've got a good group of guys and as long as we keep putting in the effort the sky's the limit.
5. I'm more of a cat guy myself. Sadly I don't have any pets at the moment.
6. I've been chilling, working on school work, getting some exercise in when I can, just staying on that grind.

7 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

He’s cool

Sheilds he’s cooler @Zetterberg

3. Do you think Yukon should play their stars more to get the wins or is a good balanced attack and sharing ice time with everyone the better way to go? - just play ray and myself and zyrok and Gino there is no other important people 

4. Do you think the Rush could finish the season as a top 3 team? They currently sit 6th. - no without me they’re bottom 10

5. Are you a dog or a cat person? What type of dog or cat do you have? - cat I had a cat, but I forget his breed. 

6. What have you been doing to stay busy during the covid-19 pandemic? Eating and food

I'm fairly excited because it had just been Calia and Sheilds as our only major threats up front, so to add Gino to that group gives us another threat for teams to deal with.

Zyrok has the better chance in my opinion, he spends more time on the ice and that means more time where he can get a point that Sheilds isn't also getting (Sorta cheating since im doing this a little late and Zyrok has pulled ahead by a few points now)

Right now we are only a few games behind first place with most of our players getting decent playing time. I'd say keep the stars rested for the playoffs when every game counts

I'm answering late and currently the Rush are 2nd in the league and on a 5 game win streak. I think the team has clicked recently and 1st place doesn't seem that far out of reach at the moment though we should focus on staying a top 3 team at the moment

I'm a cat person. I have three cats, I'm not exactly sure what type of cat they are but they are all wonderful and I love them each very much.

I caught up on the One Piece manga, besides that it's just been a whole lot of sitting around doing whatever I feel like.

On 2/20/2018 at 2:27 PM, Smarch said:

1. What do you hope to accomplish this year with the Rush?

2. Who would scouts compare you to in another hockey league?

3. Out of the 8 VHL teams, who would you like to be drafted by if you haven't been draft yet?

4. If you have been drafted into the VHL already, what player on your draft team are you looking forward to most?

5. What type of player should we expect to see from you this season, and moving forward in your VHL career?

@bukss_a @Trifecta @Sixersfan549 @HellBillyXIII @Arthur @FacePuncher @RadulovsFirstBeer @Harry F'n Hans @TheWhite44Mamba @haffiedq @Boomcheck 

1. I hope to  establish myself as one of the most feared players in the league , and make it well known im not messing around on the ice 

2.Scouts would compare me to a much bigger Theo Fleury , ill do whatever it takes to prove to you i am crazy 

3. Helsinki

4. I have yet to be drafted , and VERY new in Yukon still getting to know the fellas, the language barrier has been difficult 

5. Expect to see a player that everyone fears on the ice , someone just like Theo Fleury a point per game player , but also the nastiest and toughest guy on the ice 

Yukon Rush Press Conference week ending April 19 2020

1. The Yukon Rush are currently 2nd place in the VHLM and only 7 points behind Ottawa. Can the Rush take over the top spot before the season ends?

2. We are halfway through the season at this point. Who is your vote for the Rush MVP?

3. Gino has started taking care of everyone’s teeth on the Rush Roster. He is probably the greatest teammate of all time. What can you do to become just as great of a teammate? 

4. The VHLM just got TWO new GMs with Proto and Doktorfunk taking over Ottawa and Las Vegas. What are your thoughts on these hirings?

5. If you could be an animal for a day, what animal would you be?

6. Do you have any secret talents? If so, what are they?

On 4/5/2020 at 10:02 AM, Ricer13 said:

1. Very exited its always good when someone on our team starts preforming

2. Sheilds will pull ahead 100%

3. Go for wins obviously we are a competing team no point in trowing that away

4. yes they will we are a top 3 atm

5. Dog, a Frenchie, and a Bugg

6. VHL, working out and sleeping

40 minutes ago, Ricer13 said:

1. The Yukon Rush are currently 2nd place in the VHLM and only 7 points behind Ottawa. Can the Rush take over the top spot before the season ends?

2. We are halfway through the season at this point. Who is your vote for the Rush MVP?

3. Gino has started taking care of everyone’s teeth on the Rush Roster. He is probably the greatest teammate of all time. What can you do to become just as great of a teammate? 

4. The VHLM just got TWO new GMs with Proto and Doktorfunk taking over Ottawa and Las Vegas. What are your thoughts on these hirings?

1. Definitely, and I believe we will the way we’re clicking.

2.I gotta go Zyrok. Nobody moves the puck better and makes everyone on the ice better player.

3.I’ll have the team over for a team dinner. I make the best Baked Ziti and meatballs.

4.I think they’ll do fine. For the sake of Ottawa they better cause here comes the Rush.

5.Lion. King of the Wilderness.

6. Not much of a secret but if I’m not on the Ice, I’m a terrific bowler. Average around a 210.

54 minutes ago, Ricer13 said:

1. If we continue to work hard and keep focusing on winning we can absolutelly, they had a lucky shot on OT but we can surelly bring them down

2. I would say it is a close battle between Zyrok, Shields and Gino. Two of them were suposed to be here for sure, but the third one was a surprise, I'm really happy to have him here and I don't know it is really close. Btw are we doing a team MVP?

3. Man, you can't be as great as @pennypenny he is the greatest teammate of all time, I love him, he is the best.

4. I thought that Krice would get it, he is the one for the job but I'm glad for my homie @Proto, He deserves it and doktorfunk too, he's a great guy but we are getting over him, he ain't winning on his first season the cup

5. A falcon

6. I don't know, they're not secret, but I don't think I have

1. I think it's a possibility but it's gonna be hard.

2. I would say sheilds 

3. Just being there for everyone and being active in the LR

4. I don't really have an opinion on it

5. Polar bear

6. No I dont

2 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

1. The way the Rush have been playing all year and our depth is amazing i think with the way were playing i know and i see it everyday were just getting better and coming close as a group

2. Being a late season signing and only have been with Yukon for 8 games , its hard for me to pick and MVP , ive been blown away from Alex Armstrong and his skill set , ive never played with a better "Defenceman" lol 

3. What i offer to being the best teammate is ive ALWAYS got your back , im the first guy to stand up for my teammates in any situations i could care less about the PIMS if you mess with my teammates , ESPECIALLY my goalie , im swinging 

4. Also a tough question , however Proto is a Name i have already seen in my short time in the VHLM activity and excited to see what things come with these new signings.

5.No questions asked i would be a Gorilla and just swing all through the jungle , just living life as huge strong monkey , like myself

6.I am probably the most flexible guy on the team , maybe even the league. My hidden talents have to do with dropping the mits and those will remain a secret untill the gloves drop ;) 

11 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

1. Absolutely they can. Although Ottawa may have two extremely overpowered players in their arsenal - our team is definitely a lot more established and prepared. We've got a lot more strength throughout as well.

2. Oh definitely Zyrok, no question about it.

3. Well Gino is definitely a teeth cleaner, and I am definitely the representative of Gino so I would say just keep cleaning the teeth.

4. I am absolutely disgusted that they would hire a man like Proto. I am absolutely shocked at this hiring, and I hope the VHLM is prepared for the carnage that's gonna be coming soon.

5. Oh, probably a killer whale, so I could peruse the deep ocean all I want. Also, nobody will fuck with me.

6. I type really quick, but that is not a secret. I would say I am very very good with my voices and accents, but again that is not a secret. Guess I just can't keep secrets.