Oyorra Arroyo Press Conference

omgitshim

How do you like this league compared to others?

What is your plan going forward build-wise with Arroyo?

Any teams you want to play on going forward in the future with Arroyo or any future players?

Any teams you do not want to play for going forward?

Ready to get clubbed in a few seasons by Novacek?

On 5/17/2018 at 8:40 PM, ADV said:

How do you like this league compared to others?

I'm liking it a lot more than I thought I would. I still prefer EFL because I actually know football but it's a lot easier to figure out a good build here than in the SBA.

What is your plan going forward build-wise with Arroyo?

Currently planning on being a scorer, with top priorities going to scoring, puck handling and defense.

Any teams you want to play on going forward in the future with Arroyo or any future players?

I'm happy playing for Calgary right now, so I haven't put much thought into any of the other teams at the moment. I'm not really too familiar with any of the other GMs outside of hedgehog and dollar so I guess I'd have to say Riga or Toronto if I had to pick.

Any teams you do not want to play for going forward?

I'll play for any team that wants me and puts me in a position to be successful. That said, the Meute color scheme is kinda bland, and I don't understand the whole HC thing with Davos (is that a hockey thing?)

Ready to get clubbed in a few seasons by Novacek?

Can't club what you can't catch!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/5/2018 at 7:51 AM, Quik said:

After Calgary's solid playoff run, what are your expectations for next season?

Go even deeper. There's still some talented teams at the top so expecting a championship is a bit presumptuous but with our young talent improving constantly, I can see a cup appearance as soon as this season.

Open for more questions!

1. How has the ongoing season gone so far - happy on your individual performance?

2. What team or player has been the most annoying to play against?

3. If you would have to pick just one - what part of your game is the most important one?

4. When it comes down to scoring a goal - what advice would you give to younger players?

5. Do you like the increase in commercial breaks? Gives players a small breather couple times per period, but is that a good or bad thing?

On 7/9/2018 at 1:24 PM, jRuutu said:

1. How has the ongoing season gone so far - happy on your individual performance?

Honestly I feel like I could be doing better than I have been. I'm on pace to decline points-wise compared to last season and I feel like I haven't helped the team as much as I could. Still if we end up with a Cup at the end, I'll take full 0's across the board.

2. What team or player has been the most annoying to play against?

It's probably a cop-out to name the current number one seed but it really has been the Dynamo. They play such a physical game and the McAllister + Roux one-two punch can really put the hurting on someone.

3. If you would have to pick just one - what part of your game is the most important one?

My best strength is my ability to elude defenders and finish at the goal. Being smaller than almost everyone makes it tough to win the physical battle, but my quickness catches people by surprise, and it's a unique weapon that not many are used to facing.

4. When it comes down to scoring a goal - what advice would you give to younger players?

Always know where you want to put the puck. If you just take a shot at the goal, usually the goaltender is going to stop it. Always decide ahead of time where you are going to aim, and always try to mix it up a bit. Say you might be most comfortable shooting to the top left corner, but if you go there every time the goalie's going to cheat. You have to keep him honest.

5. Do you like the increase in commercial breaks? Gives players a small breather couple times per period, but is that a good or bad thing?

I hate it personally. I'm fast, I got the energy to skate laps round these brutes. Give them more rest and my game is less effective.

July 9th - 15th

Questions Answered 1, 2-6 above.

• 3 weeks later...

1. Thoughts on your series vs New York thus far?  Do you expect to close it out with ease? 

2. Who would you rather face in the finals Helsinki or Davos? 

3. You will be going into your 3rd season in the league next year. Do you expect to be a top goal scorer next season? 

4. Who is your favourite teammate on CGY? 

5. What would you consider a successful VHL career for your player (i.e winning a cup, getting MVP, etc)

1. You managed to hit 30 goals and bested your career high in points. Are you satisfied with your season?
  2. What do you think you need to improve the most to take the next step in your career?
  3. If you're at a barbecue and can only take one, do you take a burger or sausage, and why?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2018 at 11:27 AM, Velevra said:

3. You will be going into your 3rd season in the league next year. Do you expect to be a top goal scorer next season? 

That's the plan! We've got essentially a line of strong vets and a line of young up-and-comers, and it's time I take that next step.

4. Who is your favourite teammate on CGY? 

It's hard to pick anybody because we all gel so well. I'd have to go with my fellow young linemates Lawson and Vilhjalmsson though. We're growing together and we're sticking together.

5. What would you consider a successful VHL career for your player (i.e winning a cup, getting MVP, etc)

There's so many great players in this league and I don't think I'd ever reach the MVP-caliber that some of these other guys have shown, but if I can win a cup, I'll be set. Leading the league in goals at some point would be great too, but at the end of the day, the only thing that matters is winning that cup!

Aug. 6th -12th

5 Questions Asked; 3 answered above

On 7/30/2018 at 11:22 AM, Quik said:
  1. You managed to hit 30 goals and bested your career high in points. Are you satisfied with your season?

I'm pleasantly surprised I managed to top last season since it was looking like I was going to fall short around midseason. Still I'm not satisfied, I was hoping to break that 70 plateau and get point per game level.

1. What do you think you need to improve the most to take the next step in your career?

Everything could be a bit better. If there's one thing that probably needs the most work it's probably my physical game and improving my strength but it's tough to find the extra time to commit to the weight room between games and practices.

1. If you're at a barbecue and can only take one, do you take a burger or sausage, and why?

Gotta go with the dog. You can get a good burger any time, but the only truly worthwhile dog is off the grill.

Aug. 13-19th

5 Questions Asked, 3 Answered above

Edited by omgitshim

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

1. Do you like Arroyo's performance so far?

2. Feeling after winning the championship?

3. Who is most dangerous opponent for Calgary this year?

4. Are you happy your player is better than Hazard's one?

5. When Memphis will finally win the championship?

@omgitshim

Edited by hedgehog337

5 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

1. Do you like Arroyo's performance so far?

I'm glad that I got to the 100 point plateau this season and think I'm trending in the right direction. There's other youngsters putting up more points but they aren't the ones with a cup win now.

2. Feeling after winning the championship?

Honestly more relief than excitement. I might have KGR'd losing two years in a row in 7 despite having the best team.

3. Who is most dangerous opponent for Calgary this year?

I haven't been following the off-season moves much but I hear a lot of buzz coming out of Toronto over some trades or something. Quebec City and Riga are also young teams on the up and up that might pose a threat.

4. Are you happy your player is better than Hazard's one?

Of course, though that wasn't a challenge ?

5. When Memphis will finally win the championship?

The sooner the better! 

Oct. 14th Update

Use questions answered 1-3 in this post

Questions asked here

Edited by omgitshim

• Admin

1. omg it's him. But who is he?

2. Is having your last name be your first name backwards your thing? Should we expect a John Nhoj or similar in the future?

3. Compared to what you expected going into the VHL, how would you rate your career so far?

4. Branding/endorsement shenanigans - yay or nay?

5. What are your rough plans for the rest of Arroyo's career?

12 hours ago, Victor said:

1. omg it's him. But who is he?

He is a man of few words. I believe I first used this name years ago when I was trying to be secretive in a new Madden league and be a late round steal, and it's just kinda went back to it when I came back to sim leagues last year because I forgot the old name I used.

2. Is having your last name be your first name backwards your thing? Should we expect a John Nhoj or similar in the future?

Not likely, this is the first time I've done this that I remember and it's confusing myself half the time.

3. Compared to what you expected going into the VHL, how would you rate your career so far?

I think my career has been pretty good so far. I'm not putting up the kinds of points that some of the recent rookies have but I did pretty well last season, and I can't complain about two Victory Cups and a Continental Cup in just three seasons, especially after a Founder's Cup in my one VHLM season.

4. Branding/endorsement shenanigans - yay or nay?

Let's see how it goes. I'm not entirely sure what's going on with them but I got $2 million out of it. Actually that reminds me I should look at the store and figure out what's even worth spending my money on.

5. What are your rough plans for the rest of Arroyo's career?

Well I don't know if I'll ever be an MVP caliber player, but I do hope to sneak onto an all star/All VHL team in the future. I'll always take more cups on the trophy case as well. Ability-wise I'm gonna continue to push Puck Handling and Defense to the limit to match Scoring. I'm intrigued with the new trend of ignoring Passing entirely and still being a top scorer. Especially with the way Defense tends to increase point totals and the high scoring games we've been seeing recently, I wonder if there's some weird thing in the sim's code where Defense and Passing might have been flipped in some situations. I'm not sure how much more points I'd put into Skating or Passing anyway since that would start eating into the Scoring ratio but it is fascinating how many points people are racking up with no passing.

Oct. 15-21

Grabbing question answered #4 above plus these 5 answered

Edited by omgitshim