Oyorra Arroyo Press Conference

omgitshim

Hello ! Here are 12 new questions hot off the presses! It is gonna be a random mix this week! a reminder that answering 3 is worth 1 tpe and answering 6 is worth 2 !

1-If you got stuck in the elevator and was forced to listen to only one song, which would it be?

2-What was your worst job?

3-What is the best advice anyone has ever given you?

4-If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

5-How do you treat people who annoy you for no reason?

6-What does your name mean?

7-If you could jump into a pool full of something, what would it be?

8-How do you relax after a hard day of work?

9-What’s your favorite Disney movie?

10-If you could keep any animal as a pet, what would you choose?

11- Favorite way to eat ice cream, in a cone or in a bowl with a spoon?  Why?

12- I know you can count, what else are you good at :P?

Edited by BladeMaiden

4 minutes ago, BladeMaiden said:

2-What was your worst job?

I had a job for a couple months for a start-up design company. It was through a friend of my aunt's who was looking for someone with computer design and IT experience and my aunt thought "oh he uses a computer a lot so it must be good"! The position wasn't a perfect fit and the boss ended up being one of those people who would tell you one thing one day then expect something different the next day and we just never really saw eye-to-eye on most things.

6-What does your name mean?

It's a palindrome. Basically I couldn't think of a good first name for the player so I just used the last name twice.

7-If you could jump into a pool full of something, what would it be?

I'm not sure people have improved upon the original formula of water for pools. Money might be nice if I got to keep it but I'm not sure how well it would do at padding the landing part of the jump. Most other things would either be too hard to jump on or would leave me all sticky and gross feeling. Pillows might be a fun one though.

Other 3 questions answered this week.

On 4/25/2019 at 4:47 PM, BladeMaiden said:

3-What is the best advice anyone has ever given you?

While it's good to look out for others, you have to remember to look out for yourself as well.

5-How do you treat people who annoy you for no reason?

I generally try to ignore them until they get bored.

8-How do you relax after a hard day of work?

Usually I'll get a drink and throw up a youtube video to watch/listen to.

9-What’s your favorite Disney movie?

It's been a long while since I watched Disney movies but I always liked Aladdin and the Lion King growing up.

11- Favorite way to eat ice cream, in a cone or in a bowl with a spoon?  Why?

Usually in a cone because you can eat the cone after.

12- I know you can count, what else are you good at :P?

Wouldn't you like to know ?

1. Who is your favourite super hero?

2. What is your favourite number?

3. When did you start playing hockey?

4. What are you expecting in your final few seasons before retirement?

5. What is your mindset going into a new season after that phenomenal showing last season?

6. Do you have any pets?

7. What is your favourite car?

8. If you could choose an expansion city and team name, what would it be?

9. If you could be any VHL player in history, who would it be?

10. What is your favourite VHL team?

@omgitshim

1. Who is your favourite teammate and why?

2. What's the perfect date?

3. 10 000 spoons when all you need is a knife, isn't it ironic?

4. Do you realize how often people read your username as omg shit sim?

5. Beaches or mountains?

5 minutes ago, DilIsPickle said:

2. What is your favourite number?

3. When did you start playing hockey?

As detailed in my bio, I started playing hockey as a young child, but never any officially organized hockey (or even ice hockey) until 16.

5. What is your mindset going into a new season after that phenomenal showing last season?

I'm going into the season with one thing in mind: threepete.

4 minutes ago, TacticalHammer said:

1. Who is your favourite teammate and why?

I love all my teammates, but I have to shout out Evan R. Lawson @diamond_ace. We started as rookies in Calgary at the same time and we were both traded to Toronto in the same off-season. Going on 7 seasons playing together now, and hopefully we can get finish off the threepete for his farewell tour!

3. 10 000 spoons when all you need is a knife, isn't it ironic?

A little too ironic, I really do think.

4. Do you realize how often people read your username as omg shit sim?

I know it happens, but it probably happens more than I know.

1. With only two seasons left in his career, what are the chances with where he's at now that Arroyo makes the HoF?

2. Does the big award win and dominance last season lower your expectations as S66 unfolds?

3. Are you planning on recreating, if so sticking with forward or more precisely what position you interested in creating as?

4. Does the early Toronto struggles signal bad news, or only set them up to build up as the underdog yet again?

5. Which new player/member do you think is most likely to stick out a career/make an impact in the league with their player? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2019 at 10:11 AM, Devise said:

1. With only two seasons left in his career, what are the chances with where he's at now that Arroyo makes the HoF?

I honestly never expected to even be in the conversation when I created him but that trophy case is filling up nicely.

2. Does the big award win and dominance last season lower your expectations as S66 unfolds?

Anyone who expected last season is lying. I seem to be heating up a bit more recently, so still hoping to break the 100 point threshold again this season.

3. Are you planning on recreating, if so sticking with forward or more precisely what position you interested in creating as?

I plan on recreating but not sure what I'll make. I'm sorta leaning towards a D-man to switch things up (and since it seems we have an abundance of forwards at the moment) but I haven't ruled out doing another winger.

4. Does the early Toronto struggles signal bad news, or only set them up to build up as the underdog yet again?

I think it signaled a team that was trying to refind itself after some off-season changes. The chemistry is starting to build up and as we've seen, all it takes is a playoff spot to make a run.

5. Which new player/member do you think is most likely to stick out a career/make an impact in the league with their player? 

I'm not sure if he necessarily counts as new at this point but I've been pseudo-mentoring @DilIsPickle for a while and it's cool to see him finally put up some good stats this year.

On 5/7/2019 at 11:21 AM, DilIsPickle said:

6. Do you have any pets?

I do not. I had some fish when I was a kid but they didn't last very long...

1. Do you think you can top your 62 goal performance from last year and/or your monster 125 point season before you retire?

2. You've never been a player that hits a lot. What made you decide not to play very physical?

3. What made you decide to ask for an NTC in your contract?

4. Do you think your smallish size as a hockey player has ever been a disadvantage?

5. What do you want to be your legacy when you retire?

6. Do you think that you 8% shooting percentage will go back up before the end of the year?

7. What was the best award that you've won throughout your career to you?

8. Other than yourself, who do you think is the strongest player on the Legion?

9. What is it like to play for a Canadian hockey club?

10. What do you think of the changes that have occurred in the VHL throughout your career?

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/19/2019 at 1:57 PM, StamkosFan said:

1. Do you think you can top your 62 goal performance from last year and/or your monster 125 point season before you retire?

Hopefully next season. I won't need to hold back on saving TPE for regression so I can go ham trying to max out as much as I can.

2. You've never been a player that hits a lot. What made you decide not to play very physical?

I knew I wasn't necessarily going to be a max earner, so I figured that it was an easy thing to cut from my game, especially since I wasn't playing Center and doing a ton of Faceoffs. I do think not getting Penalty Minutes is underrated overall.

5. What do you want to be your legacy when you retire?

I'll need some luck to continue the streak this season but I've made the playoffs all six seasons so far and made it to the Finals five years in a row. Winning Cups has been my ultimate goal, and I feel I've done a good job on that so far. I've also been told I'm one of the few players to have 2 Cup Winning Goals, so I kinda want to be the first to get 3 of those.

7. What was the best award that you've won throughout your career to you?

It'd have to be the Scotty Campbell MVP Award I got last season. I never expected to ever be an MVP level player but everything fell into place last season and it was amazing.

8. Other than yourself, who do you think is the strongest player on the Legion?

Tzuyu has been one of the top offensive d-men in the league the last couple of seasons, and he's been a big reason for our success.

10. What do you think of the changes that have occurred in the VHL throughout your career?

I've been pretty amazed by the overall growth in the league. When I was drafted back in S60, I went 2nd overall with about 150 TPE. The last draft that probably would have slotted me around the 3rd round, and there's more teams now than there were.

3. What made you decide to ask for an NTC in your contract?

I didn't ask for it, he offered. I was traded to Toronto in the first place so it makes sense.

4. Do you think your smallish size as a hockey player has ever been a disadvantage?

It definitely hasn't helped on face-offs, but being smaller and more agile has helped avoid some hits at times as well.

6. Do you think that you 8% shooting percentage will go back up before the end of the year?

It's closer to 10% now, which is better but not like the league leading number I put up last season. It's always a bit of a volatile stat and is somewhat reliant on teammates who can set up you for clear shots.

9. What is it like to play for a Canadian hockey club?

Between Calgary, Toronto, and even Yukon in the VHLM, I've always played for a Canadian hockey club, so I wouldn't know how it differs from others.

4. What are you expecting in your final few seasons before retirement?

I'm hoping to get one more Continental Cup to put up on that mantle.

10. What is your favourite VHL team?

I've had the most success in Toronto, so I have to go with them. I'll always have a soft spot for Calgary though.

• 3 weeks later...

1. Going into your final season in the VHL, what do you hope to accomplish?

2. Do you think you have had a successful career?

3. What is your favorite candy?

4. What is your favorite vacation destination?

5. Do you have any pets?

6. Any plans for after you retire?

7. What are your goals for your final season in the VHL?

8. What's your go-to pregame song?

9. Do you have any superstitions?

10. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?

@omgitshim 

On 6/27/2019 at 11:05 AM, DilIsPickle said:

1. Going into your final season in the VHL, what do you hope to accomplish?

One more cup. Hopefully one more cup-winning-goal, but I'll settle for just the cup.

2. Do you think you have had a successful career?

3 Continental Cups, 2 Victory Cups, 1 Founder's Cup, 1 Gold Medal, 1 Campbell, 1 Slobodzian, 1 Szatkowski, and 2 Brooks? Yeah I do.

3. What is your favorite candy?

I try to stay away from candy as much as I can, though I can be tempted with chocolate or something sour like Warheads.

5. Do you have any pets?

Nope.

8. What's your go-to pregame song?

It changes all the time. Currently it's Social Cues.

10. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?

The first time I had it was at Baskin Robbins called Gold Medal Ribbon. I think the name varies elsewhere but basically it's a mix of chocolate and vanilla with some caramel swirled in.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2019 at 3:38 PM, Peace said:

1. How well do you think the Legion will do this season?

We're winning the whole thing this season!

2. Who will be the team’s top goal scorer? 

Mostly like either me or Dragomir. I'll say myself just to boost my own ego.

3. We can expect Fong and RSJ to get a high assist count, but who do you think will have the most assists on the roster? 

Probably Tzuyu.

5. Fortune smiles upon the bold... or so they say. Can Toronto really compete for a championship with a top loaded roster or do you think we need more depth in the new VHL? 

Depth is more important than ever in the VHL, but King can more than hold his own on the top line, which allows me to keep star power on the ice against other teams' 2nd lines, which gives more depth than it seems at first glance.

6. We signed plenty of free agents this season. What do you think about the free agency movement this off season? 

Adding Dragomir was huge for us and really what takes us from playoff challenger to championship contender.

8. This is the last hurrah for a few retiring greats, so this is a question for those few - would you like to return to Toronto? 

I've won two championships and numerous other awards here, so I would never say no to playing for Toronto again.

1. What's your favorite color?

2. Coming into your final season, what do you expect to accomplish?

3. Thoughts on where you will move to after retirement?

4. What has been your favorite VHL memory so far?

5. Since you have been such an impact player in the VHL for so long, what is something you would recommend young players in the VHLM to work towards?

6. Who has been your favorite teammate?

7. Where do you think Toronto will finish?

8. What are your post-season expectations for Toronto, if any?

9. What's your goto pre-game song?

10. What's your favorite album?

On 7/14/2019 at 3:46 PM, DilIsPickle said:

1. What's your favorite color?

Green

2. Coming into your final season, what do you expect to accomplish?

Hoping for one more Cup!

3. Thoughts on where you will move to after retirement?

Will likely go back home to Puerto Rico.

4. What has been your favorite VHL memory so far?

The end of S65 where I won a cup and many awards was amazing, but I always hold a soft spot for scoring the cup winning goal in S62 for my first Cup win.

5. Since you have been such an impact player in the VHL for so long, what is something you would recommend young players in the VHLM to work towards?

I would say don't neglect Puck Handling and Defense, even if you're a forward. Everyone wants to be a great scorer at the pros but if you don't have the intangible skills in the other parts of your game, your scoring numbers won't be as impactful.

6. Who has been your favorite teammate?

He retired this past season, so this last one for me will be the only time I don't get to play with him, but Evan Lawson has been there since day 1 for me at the VHL level and he's been a great mentor and teammate my entire career.

• 2 weeks later...

4. What do you think about Devise’s trades during the off-season? 

The trades seem to be working nicely so far. He doesn't know the meaning of the word rebuild, but as long as you can bring in talented players midcareer you don't need to grow your own talent.

7. If you could add anyone in the league to the roster, who would it be and why? 

I'm honestly not sure. We've got a pretty solid roster already. Another Center with good Faceoff ability could be nice, or an upgrade at 4th D-man are really the only things I could see.

9. What do you think is behind Devise’s dislike for draft picks? 

I touched on it earlier, but drafting a young guy, even if they become a stud, still take 2-3 seasons before they can start making an impact, and just because you draft them doesn't mean they'll stick with you come free agency. It'd be one thing if he was trading for 1-2 season rental players, but getting established starters entering their prime (like Arroyo or Peace) is pretty much like accelerating your rookie to a highly productive level instantly.

10. On a scale of one to ten - if you were observing the trade from a neutral view - who won the Peace trade? 

If Toronto wins a cup in the next four seasons, then they win the trade. That doesn't necessarily mean Davos doesn't win as well, it really depends on how loaded the S69 draft is and how who they convert that pick into. I just now realized that is likely the draft my recreate will be in so there's going to be at least one solid player in it. :v

7. Where do you think Toronto will finish?

I think I'm getting another Victory Cup this season.

8. What are your post-season expectations for Toronto, if any?

Championship or bust!

• 5 weeks later...

1. What are your long-term career goals?

2. What do you hope to accomplish next season?

3. What is more important to you? Personal statistics or Team Success?

4. How have you liked playing for the Reapers?

5. Where would you like to play in the VHL?

6. Who is your favorite VHL player?

7. Which VHL player are you trying to mold your game after?

8. Do you have a pre-game routine?

9. You were recently spotted having a conversation with retired VHLer Oyorra Arroyo, what piece of advice did he give you?

10. How have you enjoyed your career in the VHLM so far?

@omgitshim

Edited by DilIsPickle