Axelsson to Wing?

Dangles13

The Seattle Bears recently acquired young Swedish Otto Axelsson for a second round pick. Rumours are that management has asked the young pivot to plan on playing wing once he makes the jump from the Saskatoon Wild. From an outside perspective this makes a lot of sense as Seattle has a great one-two punch down the middle with Shawn Gretzky and Mattias Forsberg. A report from Sweden came out that supported these rumours as Axelsson gave an interview with a local paper from Falkenberg. Keep in mind that some words may get lost in translation.

Ya the boss ask me if I can play on wing because middle so full. He ask me to work on getting faster and stronger so I can protect and carry puck good. Forsberg and Gretzky not play forever though so coach tell me that if I can keep versatile I can switch back to centre ice in a few seasons. I not sure if this is good or bad, easier to play wing so maybe first few season this makes it easy for me but I don't want to let down team. I will work hard and spend many time in gym and video room to make sure I am best.